Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OT: I'm actually pretty impressed with Costco's Middle Eastern food selection

+6
The_Dude
TheReal_LWS
tGreenWay
Ted Brogan
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
10 posters

Go down

OT: I'm actually pretty impressed with Costco's Middle Eastern food selection  Empty Re: OT: I'm actually pretty impressed with Costco's Middle Eastern food selection

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:10 pm

I've always been a big fan of Sabra's hummus. Got some at home right now actually. But really, when you think about it there aren't that many options for store bought hummus. Whatever, I like it.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

OT: I'm actually pretty impressed with Costco's Middle Eastern food selection  Empty Re: OT: I'm actually pretty impressed with Costco's Middle Eastern food selection

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:41 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I've always been a big fan of Sabra's hummus. Got some at home right now actually. But really, when you think about it there aren't that many options for store bought hummus. Whatever, I like it.
Sabra's is a good brand as far as grocery stores go. I'll try to pick up some Woody's hummus when possible.

If you're ever on Michigan Avenue, swing by the Jerusalem Bakery - the exterior is less than appealing, but great food - hummus is tasty.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ted Brogan Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:44 pm

OT: I'm actually pretty impressed with Costco's Middle Eastern food selection  HRAlU9R
Ted Brogan
Ted Brogan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:01 pm

I was surprised how good the Med foods are from Whole Foods. Their lentil and tabouli salads were legit tasty.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:03 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I've always been a big fan of Sabra's hummus. Got some at home right now actually. But really, when you think about it there aren't that many options for store bought hummus. Whatever, I like it.
Sabra's is a good brand as far as grocery stores go. I'll try to pick up some Woody's hummus when possible.

If you're ever on Michigan Avenue, swing by the Jerusalem Bakery - the exterior is less than appealing, but great food - hummus is tasty.

Seconded. And I'm pretty sure the owners live in our 'hood, Bob, in Duffy Daugherty''s old house.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:31 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Sabra's is a good brand as far as grocery stores go. I'll try to pick up some Woody's hummus when possible.

Seconded. And I'm pretty sure the owners live in our 'hood, Bob, in Duffy Daugherty''s old house.
they're great Middle Eastern-Americans...

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:37 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:A few weeks ago I bought the organic hummus individual packets and I've been eating them almost daily. Today I picked up a new box of hummus and also got the mini naan and it's absolutely delicious. Right now I'm having a Costco rotisserie chicken, mini naan and hummus. Can't beat the price, either.

Eating a lot of hummus means you fart like a camel.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:07 pm

Middle Eastern food is great!
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:09 pm

The_Dude wrote:Middle Eastern food is great!

Shut up dummy.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:31 pm

You can't go wrong with the $5 Costco chicken.  All they need is a drive through.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:08 pm

Sabra's Greek style hummus is my go to
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:22 pm

We just got Zaytoon in H-Town. Place is lit.

Oh and store bought hummus is garbage just like Salsa.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:33 pm

Herbie Green wrote:We just got Zaytoon in H-Town. Place is lit.

Oh and store bought hummus is garbage just like Salsa.

The Garden Fresh line has a few good options for store-bought salsa.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:55 pm

TheReal_LWS wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:A few weeks ago I bought the organic hummus individual packets and I've been eating them almost daily. Today I picked up a new box of hummus and also got the mini naan and it's absolutely delicious. Right now I'm having a Costco rotisserie chicken, mini naan and hummus. Can't beat the price, either.

Eating a lot of hummus means you fart like a camel.

All I need now is something to make me piss like a race horse to cover both ends
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:37 pm

Many good Middle Eastern restaurants around here.  Two of them about a mile from work.  Got carryout from one for lunch today...medium tabouli salad with chicken.  $8  So much food could eat only half of it...had the rest for dinner.

OT: I'm actually pretty impressed with Costco's Middle Eastern food selection  Kabob_10

Going to hit the other one tomorrow.  They make an awesome lamb cheeseburger.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down