Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dick's Sporting Goods buys Golfsmith for $70 million

4 posters

Go down

Dick's Sporting Goods buys Golfsmith for $70 million Empty Dick's Sporting Goods buys Golfsmith for $70 million

Post by Death Roe Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:52 am

Chump change. They paid a week's worth of Dick's entire chain's business for an overrated, high-priced golf company.

They're closing all but 30 stores, which will probably be rebranded as Golf Galaxy.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/10/21/dicks-wins-auction-for-us-business-of-bankrupt-golfsmith-source.html
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Dick's Sporting Goods buys Golfsmith for $70 million Empty Re: Dick's Sporting Goods buys Golfsmith for $70 million

Post by Death Roe Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:04 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:Thank you for sharing.

It's not as good as talking about hummus, but I try, gHost. Thank you.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Dick's Sporting Goods buys Golfsmith for $70 million Empty Re: Dick's Sporting Goods buys Golfsmith for $70 million

Post by Death Roe Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:08 pm

No I am not. I am masturbating at the moment.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:09 pm

Okay, now I am having hummus.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:28 pm

I don't have any hummus and I'm not going to go to the store just to buy hummus that's stupid
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:29 pm

Golf equipment in general and especially retail has been tough. Golfer's are getting older, fewer 18-35's playing.
Golf courses are giving way real estate development. Manufacturers are selling direct from their own websites.

I remember when Golfsmith was mailorder for building your own generic clubs. Buy the heads, shaft, grips and adhesives. A friend's father started one of their first stand alone stores. You could buy the stuff to build your own or they would measure your height, arm length, hand and they would build a custom set. He got out when club manufacturers started going after Golfsmith off shore suppliers for patent infringement and Golfsmith corporate wanted him to start carrying inventory of lesser known brand name full sets.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:32 pm

Death Roe wrote:No I am not. I am masturbating at the moment.

Dick's Sporting Goods buys Golfsmith for $70 million 502811600
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down