Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why was Freaks & Geeks so unpopular at the time it originally aired?

3 posters

Go down

Why was Freaks & Geeks so unpopular at the time it originally aired? Empty Why was Freaks & Geeks so unpopular at the time it originally aired?

Post by Turtleneck 2016-10-24, 21:50

I was recently watching it on Netflix. It is a pretty entertaining show and has quite a few people that went on to be big names. Yet ratings were pretty bad when it originally aired. Was it bad timing? Were there other shows with similar themes and plots airing at the same time? Was it seen as unoriginal or cliche? Maybe some kind of Wonder Years rip off? I can't remember/do not remember hearing about it while it was actually on TV. It seems like it would go over pretty well today. I would like to know the answers to these questions. Thanks!
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Why was Freaks & Geeks so unpopular at the time it originally aired? Empty Re: Why was Freaks & Geeks so unpopular at the time it originally aired?

Post by Cameron 2016-10-24, 23:22

No idea. I didn't watch it when it was on air, but my parents did (which is strange, because they're usually on the CBS laugh track shit, not anything good). I've seen it on Netflix and enjoyed it. Not sure why it wasn't more popular.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Why was Freaks & Geeks so unpopular at the time it originally aired? Empty Re: Why was Freaks & Geeks so unpopular at the time it originally aired?

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-10-25, 08:29

I remember it being on the air, but it never caught on. It must have had a bad time slot or something because it was a really solid show.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down