Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BBall predictions

5 posters

Go down

BBall predictions Empty BBall predictions

Post by Cameron 2016-11-15, 22:07

I want unvarnished predictions for our BBall team this year, and I heard that this is literally the only place on the whole internet where honest discussion can be had.

What are our chances? Can we win the B1G? What seed are we looking at, and how far can we go in the tourney? Which of our players are future NBA players? Who on the coaching staff needs to get the ax?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

BBall predictions Empty Re: BBall predictions

Post by Guest 2016-11-15, 22:25

I predict they'll start 0-2.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-11-15, 22:29

5 seed in the tourney. but who the fuck is going to win the big ten then? purdue?

my predictions are fluid *
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-11-15, 22:58

Seeds in the tourney? Lol
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2016-11-15, 23:05

Herbie Green wrote:Seeds in the tourney? Lol

So... miss the tourney? What do you predict?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-11-16, 07:41

this is not a good team with only 2 big men. this is a bubble team. 18 and 13 and an 11 seed in the tourney. izzo simply will not make the proper adjustments until the season is on the line. 2nd round exit. running Clark off was a huge mistake.

.....assuming neither big man returns.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-11-16, 16:05

Agree with Blanche's prediction. Hope Goins can stay healthy. With Schilling this would be a pretty good team.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-11-16, 16:45

Herbie Green wrote:Agree with Blanche's prediction.  Hope Goins can stay healthy.  With Schilling this would be a pretty good team.  

Shocking...
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-11-16, 21:54

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:Agree with Blanche's prediction.  Hope Goins can stay healthy.  With Schilling this would be a pretty good team.  

Shocking...

I'd ask for your opinion, but that assumes you actually have one
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-11-16, 22:51

Blanch32 wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Shocking...

Already posted it on the real board, not this safe space for nerds who want to whine about everything.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-11-17, 07:32

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Already posted it on the real board, not this safe space for nerds who want to whine about everything.

Thanks for contributing to the sports discussion with your happy posts
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-11-17, 09:01

The E-Martyr Crew can't handle life when good things happen to MSU because they lead a miserable existence. So they have to come here and shit on everything and everyone. Typical.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-11-17, 09:04

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:The E-Martyr Crew can't handle life when good things happen to MSU because they lead a miserable existence. So they have to come here and shit on everything and everyone. Typical.

Thanks again for contributing to the sports discussion with your happy posts
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-11-17, 10:58

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:The E-Martyr Crew can't handle life when good things happen to MSU because they lead a miserable existence. So they have to come here and shit on everything and everyone. Typical.

irony is always appreciated on tBob! lol
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2016-11-17, 13:58

Guys, lets stick to sports and leave the slap fighting for the other forums. Fuck.

I don't quite know what to make of this team. I like the pieces, but I don't know that they fit together in Izzo's system. I've wanted him to do more small ball for years (especially last year), but I just don't know if it's in him to punt on rebounding and focus on putting 5 scorers in.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-11-17, 14:07

Cameron wrote:Guys, lets stick to sports and leave the slap fighting for the other forums. Fuck.

I don't quite know what to make of this team. I like the pieces, but I don't know that they fit together in Izzo's system. I've wanted him to do more small ball for years (especially last year), but I just don't know if it's in him to punt on rebounding and focus on putting 5 scorers in.

Word. I just got lost on Beaomont Board for four hours arguing with Nigel whether 2+2=4. That place is a dumpster fire and incapable of sports discussion.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2016-11-17, 14:26

Herbie Green wrote:
Cameron wrote:Guys, lets stick to sports and leave the slap fighting for the other forums. Fuck.

Word. I just got lost on Beaomont Board for four hours arguing with Nigel whether 2+2=4. That place is a dumpster fire and incapable of sports discussion.

K great but you're still kind of doing it with this post right here.

What do you think, would this team get better results playing more small ball? Will Izzo try it? Does he even really have a choice at this point considering injuries?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-11-17, 14:43

We are playing one big in Goins who is only 6'6. So yeah we are playing small ball already. I guess Bridges is 6'7 and he has been crashing the boards. I don't really know if he can be a true post banger on defense but we don't have much choice.
But your question is stll interesting. It seems like Izzo tries to match up against the other team but now what about them having to match up against us. Look at Mid Tenn State we got killed because Davis and the bigs couldn't cover the perimeter. So now what do we do sgainst Purdue? They have a 7 footer Haas plus Swanigan at the 4. We do not have th personell to match that so we might get killed inside. But what if we turn thjat into our own advantage witb them having to chase Bridges? I think Izzo is just a defensive coach always first but he might not have a choice but to counter with offense
But so far the rebounding numbers have been good. I worry mostly just about the # of capable bodies. Goins is wearing a brace and had a nervous moment of near injury that would really put us behind the 8 ball. I am always going to be pissed at Clark. He would have one of the main roles on the team this year.

How is that?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2016-11-17, 14:48

Herbie Green wrote:We are playing one big in Goins who is only 6'6.  So yeah we are playing small ball already.  I guess Bridges is 6'7 and he has been crashing the boards.  I don't really know if he can be a true post banger on defense but we don't have much choice.
But your question is stll interesting.  It seems like Izzo tries to match up against the other team but now what about them having to match up against us.  Look at Mid Tenn State we got killed because Davis and the bigs couldn't cover the perimeter.  So now what do we do sgainst Purdue?  They have a 7 footer Haas plus Swanigan at the 4.  We do not have th personell to match that so we might get killed inside.  But what if we turn thjat into our own advantage witb them having to chase Bridges?  I think Izzo is just a defensive coach always first but he might not have a choice but to counter with offense
But so far the rebounding numbers have been good.  I worry mostly just about the # of capable bodies.  Goins is wearing a brace and had a nervous moment of near injury that would really put us behind the 8 ball.  I am always going to be pissed at Clark.  He would have one of the main roles on the team this year.

How is that?
Excellent. I agree on Clark, he would have had a definite role on this team.

Honestly, I'd like a lineup of Bridges, Langford, Ellis, Harris, Winston (or something close to that, depends how guys develop over the course of the year) to get some run when we need a spark for our inevitable offensive lulls.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-11-17, 15:06

Cameron wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:We are playing one big in Goins who is only 6'6.  So yeah we are playing small ball already.  I guess Bridges is 6'7 and he has been crashing the boards.  I don't really know if he can be a true post banger on defense but we don't have much choice.
But your question is stll interesting.  It seems like Izzo tries to match up against the other team but now what about them having to match up against us.  Look at Mid Tenn State we got killed because Davis and the bigs couldn't cover the perimeter.  So now what do we do sgainst Purdue?  They have a 7 footer Haas plus Swanigan at the 4.  We do not have th personell to match that so we might get killed inside.  But what if we turn thjat into our own advantage witb them having to chase Bridges?  I think Izzo is just a defensive coach always first but he might not have a choice but to counter with offense
But so far the rebounding numbers have been good.  I worry mostly just about the # of capable bodies.  Goins is wearing a brace and had a nervous moment of near injury that would really put us behind the 8 ball.  I am always going to be pissed at Clark.  He would have one of the main roles on the team this year.

How is that?
Excellent. I agree on Clark, he would have had a definite role on this team.

Honestly, I'd like a lineup of Bridges, Langford, Ellis, Harris, Winston (or something close to that, depends how guys develop over the course of the year) to get some run when we need a spark for our inevitable offensive lulls.

So you want to have something like Bridges at the 5 and a SG at the 4? We are about one injury away from that in a rotation and that is what scares the crap out of me.
If you are right that is a choice lineup then I need to chill.
We are going to need to start busting from the outside though
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-11-17, 15:43

Herbie Green wrote:We are playing one big in Goins who is only 6'6. So yeah we are playing small ball already. I guess Bridges is 6'7 and he has been crashing the boards. I don't really know if he can be a true post banger on defense but we don't have much choice.
But your question is stll interesting. It seems like Izzo tries to match up against the other team but now what about them having to match up against us. Look at Mid Tenn State we got killed because Davis and the bigs couldn't cover the perimeter. So now what do we do sgainst Purdue? They have a 7 footer Haas plus Swanigan at the 4. We do not have th personell to match that so we might get killed inside. But what if we turn thjat into our own advantage witb them having to chase Bridges? I think Izzo is just a defensive coach always first but he might not have a choice but to counter with offense
But so far the rebounding numbers have been good. I worry mostly just about the # of capable bodies. Goins is wearing a brace and had a nervous moment of near injury that would really put us behind the 8 ball. I am always going to be pissed at Clark. He would have one of the main roles on the team this year.

How is that?

i am ok with defense first, but fuck, can we ever put any pressure on the ball? zero steals for a short and quick and athletic team is unacceptable. especially when your experienced pg is only in there for defense.

tum tum needs to play full court D, and rhe rest can attack passing lanes. we need to score in transition this year to have any kind of final four shot. chsnge the system now izzo!
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-11-17, 17:42

Izzo is stubborn and will never press until we are down 12 with 2 minutes.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-11-17, 19:02

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Izzo is stubborn and will never press until we are down 12 with 2 minutes.

i know :-(

i at least want a one man press
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-11-18, 00:44

Tum Tum is a great player in between the 3 point lines.  He can dribble the ball really fast down the court or he can play good on the ball defense against a guard dribbling the ball up the court.  
I don't know if that adds up to much in the end if he can't score or penetrate and dish on offense or stop someone from shooting over him on defense.

Honestly not sure those abilities would be worth a starting role on my daughter's 7th grade team as all those guards can score even coming off the bench.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down