Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MSU Bball ranking

+2
DWags
InTenSity
6 posters

Go down

MSU Bball ranking Empty MSU Bball ranking

Post by InTenSity Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:24 pm

MSU dropped to #5.
KU, OK, UMD and VA are 1-4.

Providence is up to #8.

Next game is Vs. Illinois on Thursday at 9 on ESPN.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

MSU Bball ranking Empty Re: MSU Bball ranking

Post by DWags Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:35 pm

Fair I think. Rank the team as they as they stand now. Without Valentine we aren't number one. With him, you can make the argument that if we aren't we're damn close. If we're a top 2 or 3 seed in March, that's fine. Who really cares about rankings right now.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:37 pm

DWags wrote:Fair I think. Rank the team as they as they stand now. Without Valentine we aren't number one. With him, you can make the argument that if we aren't we're damn close. If we're a top 2 or 3 seed in March, that's fine. Who really cares about rankings right now.

I care dwags.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:41 pm

I only want the championship hat. Could care less about the ranking. Unless we printed out some "#1" hats. I want one of those.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:42 pm

DWags wrote:Fair I think. Rank the team as they as they stand now. Without Valentine we aren't number one. With him, you can make the argument that if we aren't we're damn close. If we're a top 2 or 3 seed in March, that's fine. Who really cares about rankings right now.

MSU Bball ranking 1362440668
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:48 pm

DWags wrote:Unless we printed out some "#1" hats.  I want one of those.  

Those hats would look sweet alongside a September Heisman

Curious how far the loser of tonight's Kansas v Oklahoma game drops next week.

Last edited by I.B. Fine on Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:48 pm

I enjoy Bball just as much, and sometimes more than I do Fball. I tried to search for another thread, and couldn't find one. You are correct, the rankings don't matter, but they are also fun to watch.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:55 pm

I care, kind of. I think it's nice to have that #1 next to your name for awhile. You are the top dog in college basketball and that gets people's attention, especially if you keep winning.

Also - to have that target on your back that comes with the #1 ranking, is something that can't be understated because you are literally going to get every team and crowd's best shot. Experience like that help you greatly in March, exactly why Izzo schedules all these great teams early.

I don't mind #5 right now. We are not the best team in hoops without Valentine. With that said, once he is back, I want to be #1 again and roll through the rest of the schedule unblemished. Just win, baby.
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:57 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I care, kind of. I think it's nice to have that #1 next to your name for awhile. You are the top dog in college basketball and that gets people's attention, especially if you keep winning.

Also - to have that target on your back that comes with the #1 ranking, is something that can't be understated because you are literally going to get every team and crowd's best shot. Experience like that help you greatly in March, exactly why Izzo schedules all these great teams early.

I don't mind #5 right now. We are not the best team in hoops without Valentine. With that said, once he is back, I want to be #1 again and roll through the rest of the schedule unblemished. Just win, baby.
It will be interesting to see what happens between KU and OK, and how they get ranked. They play tonight, basically for #1. I think Valentine is going to be out until the end of next week. I hope he doesn't come back too soon and reinjure himself.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down