Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Two plays. Two fucking plays.

+8
Heathens '87
GRR Spartan
Frank Ricard
WhiteBoyHatcher
Jethro Bodeen
Floyd Robertson
InTenSity
DWags
12 posters

Go down

Two plays. Two fucking plays.  Empty Two plays. Two fucking plays.

Post by DWags 11/19/2016, 7:17 pm

Scott's fumble vs Wisconsin corley's drop on the 97 yard pass vs Indiana.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Two plays. Two fucking plays.  Empty Re: Two plays. Two fucking plays.

Post by InTenSity 11/19/2016, 7:23 pm

Don't forget all the targeting plays that don't count against us and opposing teams can poke our players I the eyes to draw personal fouls in their favor. I hope Delaney dies next week before the game.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 11/19/2016, 7:25 pm

InTenSity wrote:Don't forget all the targeting plays that don't count against us and opposing teams can poke our players I the eyes to draw personal fouls in their favor. I hope Delaney dies next week before the game.

I'd rather make him watch Friday night Rutgers vs. Maryland games for all eternity.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Jethro Bodeen 11/19/2016, 11:22 pm

InTenSity wrote:Don't forget all the targeting plays that don't count against us and opposing teams can poke our players I the eyes to draw personal fouls in their favor. I hope Delaney dies next week before the game.

I hope he keels over and the doctors only THINK he died, but he's actually in a catatonic state. And while he cant move or talk, he can hear and see everything. And when they are performing the Autopsy, he'll be screaming for Gods mercy in his mind- but he wont be able to move to stop the slow, careful and deliberate disection of his body. That would be really, really cool.
Jethro Bodeen
Jethro Bodeen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 11/19/2016, 11:24 pm

That sounds like the plot of 'Stan'
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 11/20/2016, 7:55 am

Halfway through the season,
DWags wrote:Scott's fumble vs Wisconsin corley's drop on the 97 yard pass vs Indiana.

Halfway through the season, I might have totally agreed with this. But it was painfully obvious as the season went on that the problems this team had were far deeper than a bad bounce of the ball or a ill-timed drop.

Some weaknesses came and went, came back again, then became OK (d-line vs. OSU for example). O-line was very inconsistent, but had their moments - against the supposed best defenses, we rushed the ball well and really didn't take a lot of sacks. But there were times we couldn't punch our way through a wet paper bag.

The one thing to me that was consistently not up to par was our QB play. After having 4 of our last 5 QBs make the NFL, we as fans have come to expect our QB to make plays under pressure and grab victory from defeat. Now we're just glad we complete a pass longer than a screen pass.

I have to think we have downfield threats. Corley has a lot of talent, despite the drop against IU. Josiah Price had many great plays during his time here at MSU. Same for Shelton. I always liked Lyles - did anything he was asked to do. I don't think we scratched the surface of what Stewart, Jackson and Felton Davis can do.

Unfortunately, our best QB didn't play as much as he should have and broke his leg. He starts the season and stays healthy, this team had enough talent to win at least 8 games and with some good fortune, be in the hunt going into the last game of the season like we did in 2008.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/20/2016, 9:41 am

Frank Ricard wrote:Halfway through the season,
DWags wrote:Scott's fumble vs Wisconsin corley's drop on the 97 yard pass vs Indiana.

Halfway through the season, I might have totally agreed with this. But it was painfully obvious as the season went on that the problems this team had were far deeper than a bad bounce of the ball or a ill-timed drop.

Some weaknesses came and went, came back again, then became OK (d-line vs. OSU for example). O-line was very inconsistent, but had their moments - against the supposed best defenses, we rushed the ball well and really didn't take a lot of sacks. But there were times we couldn't punch our way through a wet paper bag.

The one thing to me that was consistently not up to par was our QB play. After having 4 of our last 5 QBs make the NFL, we as fans have come to expect our QB to make plays under pressure and grab victory from defeat. Now we're just glad we complete a pass longer than a screen pass.

I have to think we have downfield threats. Corley has a lot of talent, despite the drop against IU. Josiah Price had many great plays during his time here at MSU. Same for Shelton. I always liked Lyles - did anything he was asked to do. I don't think we scratched the surface of what Stewart, Jackson and Felton Davis can do.

Unfortunately, our best QB didn't play as much as he should have and broke his leg. He starts the season and stays healthy, this team had enough talent to win at least 8 games and with some good fortune, be in the hunt going into the last game of the season like we did in 2008.

I hate to keep repeating myself but our best QB still has a redshirt on him.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 11/20/2016, 9:47 am

LooseGoose wrote:
Frank Ricard wrote:Halfway through the season,

We all hope you're right. I also remember we all thought Terry was the answer after a brief look in spring and practice reports.

I do know one thing: after Brian Kirk Connor and Tyler the kid has a name to be remembered.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 11/20/2016, 10:01 am

It was more than two plays. Sitting and watching Wisky's defense and the freshman QB play his best game I still think MSU loses. Just by fewer points. IU, Maryland and IL were all very winnable and BYU could have been a win wth some defense.

I'm not getting $4.5M to make decisions and am not at practices but the team started playing better after Dantonio put everyone on notice by burning redshirts and sitting upperclassmen. When players got less secure about their PT the team looked better on the field.

This team could have 4 more wins, 5 if they had upset either OSU or umaa.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/20/2016, 10:18 am

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

We all hope you're right. I also remember we all thought Terry was the answer after a brief look in spring and practice reports.

I do know one thing: after Brian Kirk Connor and Tyler the kid has a name to be remembered.

He was/is the leader of this young core of kids that played well yesterday and are really going to be the heart of the team going forward. I sincerely believe that if he's given a fair shot in Spring practice he'll emerge as the leader for the starting position come fall.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 11/20/2016, 10:30 am

GRR Spartan wrote:It was more than two plays. Sitting and watching Wisky's defense and the freshman QB play his best game I still think MSU loses. Just by fewer points. IU, Maryland and IL were all very winnable and BYU could have been a win wth some defense.

I'm not getting $4.5M to make decisions and am not at practices but the team started playing better after Dantonio put everyone on notice by burning redshirts and sitting upperclassmen. When players got less secure about their PT the team looked better on the field.

This team could have 4 more wins, 5 if they had upset either OSU or umaa.

I understand. I just wonder what might have been if they were different. Team was still second level big ten. But we might be bowlin.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heathens '87 11/20/2016, 10:50 am

With hindsight it's easy to see a few key plays where a 3-8 record becomes something far more tolerable. The reality as I see this season has been surprising in that the team has lacked the discipline and focus of recent Dantonio squads. In key moments the plays that had gone our way, sometimes magically, went the other way this year. That's not on officials, luck, Delany or even the opponents. It's a team that has simply not been good enough, has not maintained a focus when it matters most (dead last in red-zone defense in conference) and a team that has been remarkably undisciplined (we're right there at the top of the Big Ten in penalties this year). Statistically this team look like it should be in 5-7 win territory, headed to a minor bowl and building some experience for next season. As it stands the issue is right there in the mirror - undisciplined, unfocused and not capable in the big moments. And even when we're close like yesterday, that bites us on the rear when the opportunity presents itself. I'm beyond ready to flip the page to next year as I'm taking as much pride in this season as the team seems to be taking itself......
Heathens '87
Heathens '87
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 11/20/2016, 11:16 am

In my opinion its simple. No QB. Put any other MSU QB in from the last 25 years (yes including Todd Schultz) and I think their 8-3 at worst maybe 7-4. The D gave up a ton of points in the second half of games but it often was because they were on the field too much.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 11/20/2016, 11:41 am

3 plays

zebras give us a personal foul when weber put his finger inside Montae's facemask and shoved him back leading to an osu fg...we lost by 1
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 11/20/2016, 11:54 am

this. 3 points.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 11/20/2016, 11:57 am

CheesySpartan wrote:In my opinion its simple. No QB. Put any other MSU QB in from the last 25 years (yes including Todd Schultz) and I think their 8-3 at worst maybe 7-4. The D gave up a ton of points in the second half of games but it often was because they were on the field too much.

this too.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heathens '87 11/20/2016, 1:18 pm

CheesySpartan wrote:In my opinion its simple. No QB. Put any other MSU QB in from the last 25 years (yes including Todd Schultz) and I think their 8-3 at worst maybe 7-4. The D gave up a ton of points in the second half of games but it often was because they were on the field too much.

Likely true and I would agree that the notion of a good defense starts with a good offense. This has been John Leister, Bryan Clark, Clark Brown territory.....
Heathens '87
Heathens '87
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 11/20/2016, 2:06 pm

Not having bowl practices will really set us back. Maybe players can organize workouts on their own.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down