Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It has begun! I love responding with Merry CHRISTmas......

+22
The_Dude
GRR Spartan
AMwood
y2kMgrad
tanfan!
NigelUno
Nordic
InTenSity
CORNER BLITZ
Death Roe
tGreenWay
xsanguine
Tim Wakefield
StylesGShmooth
Frank Ricard
Turtleneck
DWags
Travis of the Cosmos
Floyd Robertson
Watch Out Pylon!
Other Teams Pursuing That
TheReal_LWS
26 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

It has begun! I love responding with Merry CHRISTmas...... - Page 2 Empty Re: It has begun! I love responding with Merry CHRISTmas......

Post by Tim Wakefield 2016-12-06, 15:02

LooseGoose wrote:
Tim Wakefield wrote:I've had my Christmas tree up in my apartment since early November cheers

A cheap attempt to get women in the holiday spirit.

The most wonderful time of the year Wink
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

It has begun! I love responding with Merry CHRISTmas...... - Page 2 Empty Re: It has begun! I love responding with Merry CHRISTmas......

Post by tGreenWay 2016-12-06, 16:36

Tim Wakefield wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

A cheap attempt to get women in the holiday spirit.

The most wonderful time of the year Wink

I had success a few times in undergrad convincing women to go to the beach with me--in December. Just have a couple of thick blankets or sleeping bags that can interlock. It's a great way to pick up women. I stopped after some lowlife broke into my car at about 4 am near Lake Lansing Park.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-12-06, 17:29

DWags wrote:Point of clarity. We don't wish our friends and loved ones "happy birthday" on any day other than that day. We don't say "happy thanksgiving unless it's thanks giving. "Happy new year" goes without saying. Happy St Patrick's day only on the day. Same with Halloween. Why do we need three weeks of fucking Merry Christmas?

You run a tight ship.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-12-06, 17:49

Obvious troll thread
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty 2016-12-06, 18:47

Yup. Christmas Eve church someone is always getting overly exuberant wishing everyone a Merry Christmas. I'm like whoa whoa you need to check your calendar pops.
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2016-12-06, 20:51

gHost Spartan wrote:
DWags wrote:Point of clarity. We don't wish our friends and loved ones "happy birthday" on any day other than that day. We don't say "happy thanksgiving unless it's thanks giving. "Happy new year" goes without saying. Happy St Patrick's day only on the day. Same with Halloween. Why do we need three weeks of fucking Merry Christmas?

Hmmm…. people say "Happy Thanksgiving" in the entire week leading up to Thanksgiving. The only reason it's not said more post-Thanksgiving is because we immediately move into Christmas season. Also, there is no "season" associated with any other holiday except Christmas. The season really represents Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Day, all of week exist within a five week time period.
No other holidays are recognized during this time either.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-12-06, 21:09

Ghost probably has a "birthday week" too.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-12-06, 21:41

Floyd Robertson wrote:

You run a tight ship.

Not so much. If someone wants to tell me happy birthday two weeks later I'm good with it. But who the fuck says happy Halloween on October 29th or November 2nd? Happy thanks giving three days before? Maybe 2% of the population? Or weirdos. What's the cut off day for saying happy new year? Would you say that to somebody in February? If someone says Merry Christmas to me at a store it takes zero effort to say it back so I do. Don't care what the date. I'm just not that guy who initiates it. Not a scrounge and since I've been married I'm pretty much on point t for politeness saying @may I please have?..." vs gimme at the butcher shop or movie concession. It's just I'm not the guy who says Merry Christmas unless it's the day. No big deal.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-12-06, 21:48

DWags wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

You run a tight ship.

Not so much. If someone wants to tell me happy birthday two weeks later I'm good with it. But who the fuck says happy Halloween on October 29th or November 2nd? Happy thanks giving three days before? Maybe 2% of the population? Or weirdos. What's the cut off day for saying happy new year? Would you say that to somebody in February? If someone says Merry Christmas to me at a store it takes zero effort to say it back so I do. Don't care what the date. I'm just not that guy who initiates it. Not a scrounge and since I've been married I'm pretty much on point t for politeness saying @may I please have?..." vs gimme at the butcher shop or movie concession. It's just I'm not the guy who says Merry Christmas unless it's the day. No big deal.

Merry Christmas.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-12-06, 22:25

The Christmas "season" is a business construct to sell more gifts. That's all it is and ever was.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-12-06, 22:25

We got a few good movies out of the deal, too.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-12-06, 22:28

TheReal_LWS wrote:
DWags wrote:

Merry Christmas.

Happy Hanukkah and good tidings.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-12-06, 22:38

tGreenWay wrote:The Christmas "season" is a business construct to sell more gifts. That's all it is and ever was.

You mean every "holiday", right?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-12-06, 22:38

gHost Spartan wrote:

Hmmm…. people say "Happy Thanksgiving" in the entire week leading up to Thanksgiving. The only reason it's not said more post-Thanksgiving is because we immediately move into Christmas season. Also, there is no "season" associated with any other holiday except Christmas. The season really represents Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Day, all of week exist within a five week time period.

If only we had a term for wishing others a Happy Thanksgiving, a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year, instead of having to say all those things every time we wanted to express those wishes. Let's be honest, they sure are a mouthful, especially if you add in Hanukkah and even Kwanza, and let's not forget those people who don't observe a religious holiday but take part in one or two of the others. But what could we say that could shorten it down to a couple of words that would get across the message that you want them to have happy holidays, or just that you're greeting them during a season with so many holidays. Darn it, I wish we could think of something.

Last edited by tGreenWay on 2016-12-06, 22:51; edited 1 time in total
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-12-06, 22:39

tGreenWay wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:

If only we had a term for wishing others a Happy Thanksgiving, a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year, instead of having to say all those things every time we wanted to express those wishes. Let's be honest, they sure are a mouthful, especially if you add in Hanukkah and even Kwanza, and those people who don't observe a religious holiday but take part in one or two of the others. But what could we say that could shorten it down to a couple of words that would get across the message that you want them to have happy holidays, or just that you're greeting them during a season with so many holidays. Darn it, Inwish we could think of something.

Happy Thanksgiving, have a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year!
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-12-06, 22:55

TheReal_LWS wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

If only we had a term for wishing others a Happy Thanksgiving, a Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year, instead of having to say all those things every time we wanted to express those wishes. Let's be honest, they sure are a mouthful, especially if you add in Hanukkah and even Kwanza, and those people who don't observe a religious holiday but take part in one or two of the others. But what could we say that could shorten it down to a couple of words that would get across the message that you want them to have happy holidays, or just that you're greeting them during a season with so many holidays. Darn it, Inwish we could think of something.

Every time? Fuck that. Plus, you left out those who are Jewish, those who observe Kwanzaa, and I know how big a deal Jews are to Christians for their long game, plus our next president says he loves the blacks. We wouldn't want to exclude their holiday.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-12-06, 23:04

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:The Christmas "season" is a business construct to sell more gifts. That's all it is and ever was.

You mean every "holiday", right?

The war on CHRISTmas is well-established, not like climate change, which we all know is a Chinese hoax. Therefore, before any more of our Christian brothers and sisters are martyred in the name of CHRISTmas, perhaps we should precede every holiday greeting with Merry CHRISTmas.
For example:
•Merry CHRISTmas Thanksgiving!
•Merry CHRISTmas New Years!
•Merry CHRISTmas CHRISTmas!

And don't forget, a lot of Christians died fighting this war, so let's acknowledge their sacrifices throughout the year:
•Merry CHRISTmas Valentine's Day!
•Merry CHRISTmas Flag Day!
•Merry CHRISTmas Halloween!

Come on, let's do this. It will shorten the war and save millions of lives.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-12-06, 23:05

It has begun! I love responding with Merry CHRISTmas...... - Page 2 1966794946 It has begun! I love responding with Merry CHRISTmas...... - Page 2 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-12-06, 23:44

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:It has begun! I love responding with Merry CHRISTmas...... - Page 2 1966794946 It has begun! I love responding with Merry CHRISTmas...... - Page 2 502811600

And my personal favorite: Merry CHRISTmas Hanukkah!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-12-07, 09:33

Merry CHRISTmas Pearl Harbor Day!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-12-07, 09:59

tGreenWay wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:

Every time? Fuck that. Plus, you left out those who are Jewish, those who observe Kwanzaa, and I know how big a deal Jews are to Christians for their long game, plus our next president says he loves the blacks. We wouldn't want to exclude their holiday.

I love all people, but not their holidays.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-12-07, 10:01

TheReal_LWS wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

You may claim to love them, but you sure enjoy disrespecting them.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-12-07, 10:04

TheReal_LWS wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

You're a dickhead.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2016-12-07, 10:07

Death Roe wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:

You're a dickhead.

I love you Roe!

TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2016-12-07, 10:09

Happy holidays.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-12-07, 10:40

Good thing we won't have to hear Feliz Navidad after the wall gets built.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-12-07, 11:35

Floyd Robertson wrote:Good thing we won't have to hear Feliz Navidad after the wall gets built.

We speak American in this county of ours...not Mexican
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2016-12-07, 13:00

gHost Spartan wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

It has begun! I love responding with Merry CHRISTmas...... - Page 2 502811600

Is that real?

I was laughing my ass off until he pulled out the weapon. Then the thought that this dude was bat shit crazy crossed my mind. Now I'm not sure if he's real or not. I know his gun is
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-12-07, 16:59

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:It has begun! I love responding with Merry CHRISTmas...... - Page 2 BlessedYule

It has begun! I love responding with Merry CHRISTmas...... - Page 2 Hs10
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-12-07, 17:13

I just put my annual Season's Greetings card to Bill O'Reilly in the mail. I just know his face is going to light up when he reads it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-12-07, 17:17

May peace be with you!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-12-07, 17:55

Lololol you guys it has begun! My experience at a store just now!

Me- here's my things to buy
Cashier- that'll be $69.69
Me- *giggles* here's my money
Cashier- thanks. Merry Christmas
Me- merry Christmas? You mean 'merry christMASS' you fucking Protestant twat? You fucking morons perverted the #reasonfortheseason with your stupid fucking services with stupid banjos or whatever the fuck. Fuck you. Keep the catholic MASS in christMASS. Where the hell is the wine in this stupid store?

Lol I got him good.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2016-12-07, 18:28

The thing that would make my xmas the most merry is if Travis and Floyd would change their f'n avatars
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2016-12-07, 23:17

TheReal_LWS wrote:....whenever some PC cashier says "Happy Holidays".

War on Christmas. I'm winning though.

I just say, go fuck yourself
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-12-07, 23:19

Tanfan! wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:....whenever some PC cashier says "Happy Holidays".

War on Christmas. I'm winning though.

I just say, go fuck yourself

Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2016-12-08, 05:09

Any time you can be aggressively insensitive in response to an innocuous pleasantry, you're really doing Jesus proud. Keep turning that other cheek, LWS!
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-12-08, 08:08

Frank Ricard wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:

Is that real?

I was laughing my ass off until he pulled out the weapon.  Then the thought that this dude was bat shit crazy crossed my mind. Now I'm not sure if he's real or not.  I know his gun is

He does kind of have a  crazy eye thing going on there.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-12-08, 08:11

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Lololol you guys it has begun! My experience at a store just now!

Me- merry Christmas? You mean 'merry christMASS' you fucking Protestant twat? You fucking morons perverted the #reasonfortheseason with your stupid fucking services with stupid banjos or whatever the fuck. Fuck you. Keep the catholic MASS in christMASS. Where the hell is the wine in this stupid store?

Lol I got him good.

Sweet burn Bee.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-12-08, 09:17

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Lololol you guys it has begun! My experience at a store just now!

Lol I got him good.

You have the most adorable giggles.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 2016-12-08, 09:32

LWS...my office told a co worker of mine she can't have Christmas stuff on her marker board which is visible to people walking by. She likes to put different holiday shit up and she wanted to do a Christmas poll of Christmas songs or Christmas movies. HR shut it down.
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next