Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Carrier to hike prices on furnaces and air conditioners

+12
Herbie Green
Other Teams Pursuing That
GRR Spartan
CheesySpartan
Blanch32
I.B. Fine
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
Travis of the Cosmos
steveschneider
Triple Sparty
NigelUno
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Carrier to hike prices on furnaces and air conditioners Empty Carrier to hike prices on furnaces and air conditioners

Post by NigelUno 2016-12-07, 14:11

http://money.cnn.com/2016/12/07/news/companies/carrier-price-increases/index.html
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Carrier to hike prices on furnaces and air conditioners Empty Re: Carrier to hike prices on furnaces and air conditioners

Post by Triple Sparty 2016-12-07, 14:14

Thanks, the Donald.
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Carrier to hike prices on furnaces and air conditioners Empty Re: Carrier to hike prices on furnaces and air conditioners

Post by steveschneider 2016-12-07, 14:23

Looks like they saved only 800 jobs. Prices are going to get hiked and the investments for facility upgrades that carrier is going to invest in is automation which will mean fewer jobs.

Trump fans bought into his tower of lies.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-12-07, 14:29

steveschneider wrote:Looks like they saved only 800 jobs. Prices are going to get hiked and the investments for facility upgrades that carrier is going to invest in is automation which will mean fewer jobs.

Trump fans bought into his tower of lies.

No company is going to "keep jobs here" (assuming they don't just look toward automation) then be cool with the fact that they are going to make less money. They will either require 1) a tax break, which would mean either a higher deficit, higher taxes for everyone or reducing things like our crazy huge military spending or 2) they will raise prices. Either way, they won't be the ones footing the bill for their increased personnel costs.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-12-07, 14:46

Carrier to hike prices on furnaces and air conditioners 502811600

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-12-07, 14:50

Carrier to hike prices on furnaces and air conditioners 1966794946
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2016-12-07, 15:11

So are all their competitors raising prices to match so they can maintain the same market share?
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-12-07, 15:13

NigelUno wrote:http://money.cnn.com/2016/12/07/news/companies/carrier-price-increases/index.html

nigel,

you thought they'd pass on the savings to the customer instead? lol, this is all about greed, amd glad trump could effect it
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-12-07, 15:15

I.B. Fine wrote:So are all their competitors raising prices to match so they can maintain the same market share?

This. these morans don't even business
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-12-07, 15:18

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2016-12-07, 15:20

This. these morans don't even business
Yeah! .... I think.....scratch
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-12-07, 15:27

I.B. Fine wrote:So are all their competitors raising prices to match so they can maintain the same market share?

Perhaps. I'm glad I can pay more for a furnace no matter which company i shop through though!

At least those 800 people who refused to educate themselves to be able to do something other than low skill labor will be able to keep their jobs on my dime though. That's great. I'm so conservative and free market that I super like the idea of the government artificially proping up dying industries instead of giving people opportunities to better themselves. It makes me happy.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2016-12-07, 15:30

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Perhaps. I'm glad I can pay more for a furnace no matter which company i shop through though!

At least those 800 people who refused to educate themselves to be able to do something other than low skill labor will be able to keep their jobs on my dime though. That's great. I'm so conservative and free market that I super like the idea of the government artificially proping up dying industries instead of giving people opportunities to better themselves. It makes me happy.
"conservatives" cheering for the government-funded Carrier bailout would be like an evangelical voting for an admitted sexual predator.

oh... wait.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2016-12-07, 15:34

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

"conservatives" cheering for the government-funded Carrier bailout would be like an evangelical voting for an admitted sexual predator.

oh... wait.

What is Carrier getting bailed out from?
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2016-12-07, 15:35

You're making all most as much sense as Blanch, take a breath and remove your candy cane, sloooowly.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-12-07, 15:41

libs definitely do not business. holy cow!
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-12-07, 15:50

I.B. Fine wrote:

You're making all most as much sense as Blanch, take a breath and remove your candy cane, sloooowly.

I'd love to know which part you think doesnt make sense.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-12-07, 15:51

There was a pricing lag going back to the collapse of construction that's finally catching up. Business borrowing costs have begun to rise along with other costs.

Every HVAC manufacturer will be raising prices. They all buy their materials from the same places and all use the same transportation.

It isn't politics. It's the cost of doing business.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2016-12-07, 15:54

God damn Travis it's good to have you back. I would also like to know what IB fine found a lack of sense in.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-12-07, 15:57

GRR Spartan wrote:There was a pricing lag going back to the collapse of construction that's finally catching up. Business borrowing costs have begun to rise along with other costs.

Every HVAC manufacturer will be raising prices. They all buy their materials from the same places and all use the same transportation.

negative , commodity pricing still no where near the 2009 to 2011 highs. this is all overhead and profit related.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty 2016-12-07, 16:06

Nigel with a great troll job.
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-12-07, 16:08

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

God damn Travis it's good to have you back. I would also like to know what IB fine found a lack of sense in.

i guess i didn't realize 80% of the us pop is just lazy....
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-12-07, 16:13

GRR Spartan wrote:There was a pricing lag going back to the collapse of construction that's finally catching up. Business borrowing costs have begun to rise along with other costs.

They were reported to save $65 million in labor costs and feared political action against the company.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2016-12-07, 16:23

I.B. Fine wrote:

The avatar picture...

......and everything else, how is Carrier being propped up? bribed to stay in Indiana, yes, propped up, no, and when it comes to buying your next furnace, you (and pretty much everyone else) will buy the one they perceive is the best value, regardless of government involvement.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-12-07, 16:25

Pathetic what the left has been reduced to
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-12-07, 16:30

I.B. Fine wrote:

The avatar picture...

......and everything else, how is Carrier being propped up? bribed to stay in Indiana, yes, propped up, no, and when it comes to buying your next furnace, you (and pretty much everyone else) will buy the one they perceive is the best value, regardless of government involvement.

Propped up was probably a lazy word after Bob talked about bailout earlier which wasn't the right term either... The company, carrier, isn't being propped up. Nor is the industry. The manufacturing jobs are. They were set to leave and were spending money to keep them to what end? So they can eventually leave while we pay more money for the product in the interim? Or perhaps not eventually leave and instead I continue to pay artificially higher prices in the long term, while also giving a tax break to the company for keeping the jobs here? No thanks, I'd rather they leave and we allow our economy to mature with globalization rather than fighting against it.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2016-12-07, 16:36

The_Dude wrote:Pathetic what the left has been reduced to

Carrier to hike prices on furnaces and air conditioners 681234
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-12-07, 17:03

It's funny to watch the uninformed right wingers that refuse to read the NYT, WSJ or Washington Post gloat over a terrible deal for this country. Even Sarah Palin got it right in her essay about crony capitalism. It was a historic moment where I actually agreed with her.

The gloaters are prime examples of post-truth Americana. Their joy isn't based in fact, it just feels right to be happy about the Carrier Deal.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-12-07, 17:34

Blanch32 wrote:

Blanch32 wrote:

I didn't realize your girlfriend accounts for 80% of the U.S. population's weight.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-12-07, 17:47

Herbie Green wrote:

They were reported to save $65 million in labor costs and feared political action against the company.

The $65M projected savings is all well and good but we saw 4-5 years of minimal annual or bi-annual price increases.

Carrier was going to have price increases regardless of how many jobs ended up staying or leaving Indiana.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-12-07, 19:29

GRR Spartan wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

The $65M projected savings is all well and good but we saw 4-5 years of minimal annual or bi-annual price increases.

Carrier was going to have price increases regardless of how many jobs ended up staying or leaving Indiana.

Carrier must be pleased that this $65 million of additional expense is irrelevant since other costs were also going up.

Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2016-12-07, 20:05

That's an interesting free market.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-12-07, 22:46

I.B. Fine wrote:

The avatar picture...

Propped up was probably a lazy word after Bob talked about bailout earlier which wasn't the right term either... The company, carrier, isn't being propped up. Nor is the industry. The manufacturing jobs are. They were set to leave and were spending money to keep them to what end? So they can eventually leave while we pay more money for the product in the interim? Or perhaps not eventually leave and instead I continue to pay artificially higher prices in the long term, while also giving a tax break to the company for keeping the jobs here? No thanks, I'd rather they leave and we allow our economy to mature with globalization rather than fighting against it.

wow, someone really hates the midwest,....and The Dowager Lady Margret, Countess and Prefict of Northumbria by default
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2016-12-07, 22:52

Trump ripped the union leader for Carrier employees on twitter and now he's receiving death threats.

Post Comet Pizza you'd think our ever so charming president elect would know he's inciting violence when he vilifies people by name over his twitter account.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-12-07, 22:52

Herbie Green wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:

Carrier must be pleased that this $65 million of additional expense is irrelevant since other costs were also going up.

not additional. that's potential. .....and easily on the high end too, since i guarantee logistics and effectiveness isnt being factored in.

in my experience, ive only been to one Mexican plant that was more efficient than their us counterpart, and that's the exception, not the norm. generally, mexican run operations are complete clusters, and fuck up the quality and rep of the parent org, and you are better off buying Chinese since it's going to at least be cheaper.

then again, i do this shit for a living, so what do i know....
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2016-12-07, 23:40

Blanch32 wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

not additional. that's potential. .....and easily on the high end too, since i guarantee logistics and effectiveness isnt being factored in.

in my experience, ive only been to one Mexican plant that was more efficient than their us counterpart, and that's the exception, not the norm. generally, mexican run operations are complete clusters, and fuck up the quality and rep of the parent org, and you are better off buying Chinese since it's going to at least be cheaper.

Of course the product sucks but it's cheap and that what the US consumer wants
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-12-08, 07:42

CheesySpartan wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Of course the product sucks but it's cheap and that what the US consumer wants

not necessarily. it flat out needs to work too. we demand x # of years of quality product too.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2016-12-08, 08:05

I.B. Fine wrote:

The avatar picture...

I think you are throwing manufacturing jobs under the bus a bit too hastily. We will always have some manufacturing, and more would actually be better, but I think you are saying it has to make economic sense, which I agree with.
Carrier type deals are not going to turn around the economy and this case is mostly for show, but it's not like these deals don't happen all the time with state and local incentives.
The correct way to change the tide of out sourcing is to lower taxes (ideally eliminate them on businesses, but that won't happen) and cut stupid regulations that add cost with little to no benefit so the US starts to look like a more attractive place to invest.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2016-12-08, 08:27

Blanch32 wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Some of you dudes should be CFOs of the company since you have all these numbers calculated more accurately than they do
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-12-08, 20:55

Herbie Green wrote:
Blanch32 wrote:

Some of you dudes should be CFOs of the company since you have all these numbers calculated more accurately than they do

sorry, I have untegrity and ethics and not that big of ego
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next