Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

68 years ago today

+2
Floyd Robertson
DWags
6 posters

Go down

68 years ago today Empty 68 years ago today

Post by DWags Mon 12 Dec 2016 - 17:10

MSU Joins the Big Ten

https://mobile.twitter.com/SPARTANTIQUES/status/808294637676924928?s=04
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

68 years ago today Empty Re: 68 years ago today

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon 12 Dec 2016 - 17:17

Very cool.

I finished reading that "Arrogance and Scheming" book recently and if you're looking for more reasons to hate u of m, there's plenty of ammunition in there. It also gave me a healthy appreciation for Minnesota's role in helping get is in.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 12 Dec 2016 - 18:08

Floyd Robertson wrote:Very cool.

I finished reading that "Arrogance and Scheming" book recently and if you're looking for more reasons to hate u of m, there's plenty of ammunition in there. It also gave me a healthy appreciation for Minnesota's role in helping get is in.

I bought it and haven't read it. I was kind of disappointed with the layout and choice of paper. It has all the look and feel of an assigned text you dreaded having to read. Feels like every time I turn a page it's going to tear. I know it's voluminous, but it's still supposed to be a pleasure read, so produce it that way.

/rant
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon 12 Dec 2016 - 18:14

tGreenWay wrote:

I bought it and haven't read it. I was kind of disappointed with the layout and choice of paper. It has all the look and feel of an assigned text you dreaded having to read. Feels like every time I turn a page it's going to tear. I know it's voluminous, but it's still supposed to be a pleasure read, so produce it that way.

/rant

I actually bought the Kindle version. I found it somewhat maddening to read. It meanders a lot and the citations [1] [2] kind of get in the way. Still, I give the author a ton of credit for the undertaking.

By the end you will be convinced that Ralph Aigler was the devil incarnate.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 12 Dec 2016 - 18:21

Floyd Robertson wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

/rant

I actually bought the Kindle version. I found it somewhat maddening to read. It meanders a lot and the citations [1] [2] kind of get in the way. Still, I give the author a ton of credit for the undertaking.

Thanks for the suggestion. I think I'll buy it on Kindle for the actual read and keep the book for my MSU collection. As for the writing, I'd heard it wasn't the best written, but everyone has said what you have, that it's still a fascinating read and that um is even more evil than what we've always believed.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon 12 Dec 2016 - 18:30

I thought this was going to be a birthday thread for LWS.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 12 Dec 2016 - 18:33

Floyd Robertson wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

/rant

He did a lot. Was against scholarships for athletes built both Michigan stadium and Yost. Got the rosebowl exclusive contract for the big ten. He was a real button down by the book type guy I've heard. What were some things he did to try to keep MSU out and why?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon 12 Dec 2016 - 19:00

DWags wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

He did a lot. Was against scholarships for athletes built both Michigan stadium and Yost. Got the rosebowl exclusive contract for the big ten. He was a real button down by the book type guy I've heard. What were some things he did to try to keep MSU out and why?

I can't give you examples because no one single thing sticks out in my mind. It was 25 years years of back room politicking and moving goalposts to shoot down one MSC application after another.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Mon 12 Dec 2016 - 19:38

Was this book written by GRR Spartan?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon 12 Dec 2016 - 19:51

Herbie Green wrote:Was this book written by GRR Spartan?

No. GRR is what Google is plugged into.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 13 Dec 2016 - 7:42

solid UM reference. Thanks.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down