Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monday

+14
Nordic
tanfan!
Da Mayor
TheReal_LWS
Death Roe
Stoops21
Frank Ricard
CheesySpartan
Turtleneck
tGreenWay
InTenSity
DWags
Floyd Robertson
WhiteBoyHatcher
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Monday - Page 2 Empty Re: Monday

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-06-11, 09:30

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
DWags wrote:

Holy cow, is it ever.  When my kids came home from school this year, especially when the oldest moved back and we needed to find space for the dresser, desk, bed and that kind of shit we had bought her for MSU apartments and houses, and we put the mini fridges in the garage, and the dressers down stairs in the basement, and boxes of shit in our upstairs hallway, I got the heebeejeebee's at the amount of "stuff" we had.  So, this week we started purging.  OH MY GOD!   The "stuff", we've kept in the basement because "Remember when", and then you just forget about it, but it's in boxes and it almost becomes unseeable because it's just been there.   I need to fill my truck up three times and go to the dump yard.  Not joking.  Definitely 2 times.  Also old paper records and shit.  This weekend they're having free shredding at comerica in Livonia.  I'm there.   Anyway, my god the stuff that you once said "remember when" or "oh how cute" has become "why the fuck is this still here?"   From the garage I'm sending a crap ton of soccer balls, roller blades in various sizes, couple of basketballs, some baseball mitts  and shit like that to the purple heart or toys for tots.  This will be a project that lasts till the end of June, but I'll feel good about the space and the house and myself and perhaps some of the people who will get some pretty new and barely used stuff.  

Minimalism Monday - Page 2 969504605
this.

after my Dad passed away back in November, I have spent an inordinate amount of time (the intermittent times I was in North Carolina) filtering through stuff - it was overwhelming at times. And Mom and Dad lived in a fairly small house and really didn't have a ton of stuff.. but it's a reminder to live a rather minimalist lifestyle, not only for yourself - but for those that will be dealing with it when we're gone.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-06-11, 09:56

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
DWags wrote:

Holy cow, is it ever. When my kids came home from school this year, especially when the oldest moved back and we needed to find space for the dresser, desk, bed and that kind of shit we had bought her for MSU apartments and houses, and we put the mini fridges in the garage, and the dressers down stairs in the basement, and boxes of shit in our upstairs hallway, I got the heebeejeebee's at the amount of "stuff" we had. So, this week we started purging. OH MY GOD! The "stuff", we've kept in the basement because "Remember when", and then you just forget about it, but it's in boxes and it almost becomes unseeable because it's just been there. I need to fill my truck up three times and go to the dump yard. Not joking. Definitely 2 times. Also old paper records and shit. This weekend they're having free shredding at comerica in Livonia. I'm there. Anyway, my god the stuff that you once said "remember when" or "oh how cute" has become "why the fuck is this still here?" From the garage I'm sending a crap ton of soccer balls, roller blades in various sizes, couple of basketballs, some baseball mitts and shit like that to the purple heart or toys for tots. This will be a project that lasts till the end of June, but I'll feel good about the space and the house and myself and perhaps some of the people who will get some pretty new and barely used stuff.

Minimalism Monday - Page 2 969504605

I was in my 20's. It's kind of hard with a family and kids, but yeah. I lived in a place I had a coffee pot, one regular pot, one fry pan, couple forks and spoons and knifes, bed, some furniture, stereo etc. My clothes etc. Was very easy and joyful.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-06-11, 10:04

I'm thinking about buying a $900 cooler.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-06-11, 10:06

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm thinking about buying a $900 cooler.

Down south, they load shot guns and shoot them out in a field. Pretty funny.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-06-11, 10:38

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm thinking about buying a $900 cooler.
what do you want.. a parade?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-06-11, 10:44

Monday - Page 2 Fdocq7
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte