Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got?

+29
Senior Dickfist
Tim Wakefield
The Pantry
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
I.B. Fine
Da Mayor
Floyd Robertson
Other Teams Pursuing That
SawGreen
Rocinante
keanro
Turtleneck
SeeRockCity
steveschneider
Jake from State Farm
NigelUno
Nordic
The_Dude
GRR Spartan
Triple Sparty
Robert J Sakimano
pulling69
CORNER BLITZ
CheesySpartan
MSU addict
MattyFresh
tGreenWay
Death Roe
33 posters

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Go down

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got?

Post by Guest 2017-01-21, 15:52

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 2 32067534840_bf65c515ed_c

That looks really good. About 1.2#'s of cheese?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 2 Empty Re: The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got?

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-01-21, 16:08

I don't know how much it was LG, it was about a 12" pie so I doubt that much. I bought blocks of HQ mozz and brick from a local high end grocer and grated enough to meet the eye test. Probably 60/40 mozz blend.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-01-22, 01:10

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 2 32067534840_bf65c515ed_c
Interesting pie. Looks like some cheddar in the mix. Did you use the broiler to finish it?

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-22, 12:13

Whole Hogs $1.29 at Ebels this week.

Ebels

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-01-22, 12:16

Some day...maybe for a tailgate if we don't shut down the program.

Yes, it is finished under the broiler. Preheat oven to 550 with stone/steel for 45-60 min, then put it in and turn broiler on. The heat from the steel cooks it bottom up and the broiler cooks the top. It cooks in 4-6 minutes. The broiler comes really close to replicating the wood fire taste and texture.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-22, 12:47

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Some day...maybe for a tailgate if we don't shut down the program.

Yes, it is finished under the broiler. Preheat oven to 550 with stone/steel for 45-60 min, then put it in and turn broiler on. The heat from the steel cooks it bottom up and the broiler cooks the top. It cooks in 4-6 minutes. The broiler comes really close to replicating the wood fire taste and texture.

The $1.29 is cut and wrapped, I imagine one for smoking would be substantially less.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-01-24, 19:49

Breakfast fo Dinna

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 2 Img_7910
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-01-24, 20:39

Went back to noble and picked up carry out for my post workout lunch today. Cost me a nice chunk of change but I was craving it. I'll post it up in a bit. Delish.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-01-24, 20:40

MattyFresh wrote:Breakfast fo Dinna

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 2 Img_7910

thats cottage bacon I got from a local farmer, certified organic and is pretty lean but good.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-01-24, 20:43

Rainbow roll, Cucumber eel roll, 2 pc fatty tuna nigiri, 2 pc salmon nigiri. This stuff is really really good you guys.

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 2 32131557290_f2672012c0_z
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-24, 20:53

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Rainbow roll, Cucumber eel roll, 2 pc fatty tuna nigiri, 2 pc salmon nigiri. This stuff is really really good you guys.

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 2 32131557290_f2672012c0_z

With the Valentine's Day decor already in place. The wife must have plans for you this year.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-01-24, 20:54

Shit you think that's the wife's doing? Hell I think I'll be out of town on 2/14. It's all the little shits pushing it.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-01-24, 20:58

mmmm sushi
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-01-24, 22:00

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Rainbow roll, Cucumber eel roll, 2 pc fatty tuna nigiri, 2 pc salmon nigiri. This stuff is really really good you guys.

Told ya.

The rolls are great but I'm good just fishing through the sashimi cooler and picking up a few accessory items.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-01-24, 22:36

The Pantry wrote:Told ya.

The rolls are great but I'm good just fishing through the sashimi cooler and picking up a few accessory items.

Yep. I've been hearing about it for years, not sure why I never went there. I tried once and parking was difficult and I think I just subconsciously decided it was a pain in the ass and not worth it.

I actually ordered carry out today so I could get exactly what I wanted. Yum. I am hungry actually, I want more.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-01-24, 22:48

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Told ya.

Yep. I've been hearing about it for years, not sure why I never went there. I tried once and parking was difficult and I think I just subconsciously decided it was a pain in the ass and not worth it.

I actually ordered carry out today so I could get exactly what I wanted. Yum. I am hungry actually, I want more.
Parking spots are random in front so I now go straight to ACE lot.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-01-24, 22:55

Also, if the back counter isn't busy they will hand grind you fresh wasabi.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-01-24, 23:00

I fucked up, I didn't tip the sushi guys because I didn't pay there. Will atone next time.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-25, 12:34

In case anyone wants to do something pork related this week, Spartan stores up here are running pork sirloin roasts for $0.99. I'm assuming that price is statewide.

I'm planning to buy a few on Saturday to do pulled pork for the Super Bowl. I'm assuming they'll keep for a week in the fridge.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-01-25, 12:43

LooseGoose wrote:In case anyone wants to do something pork related this week
I love it when you talk dirty. The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 2 3434560931
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-01-27, 20:28

mmmmm

MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-21, 13:30

After a 3-4 month lo carb hiatus I'm about to fire the oven up this weekend. Have had requests for Apple, Custard, and Strawberry-Rhubarb pies from friends and neighbors. So far only Oatmeal Raisin cookies are on the list. If any of you degenerates will be in the area let me know and I'll add your request to the list.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2017-03-21, 18:45

MattyFresh wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

That looks better than the hamburger I had last night.

Nice doing a stuffed Burg tonight, little bacon and ched and I use just some Montreal Steak seasoning that gets me going. I avoid the bread so I'll lay it on a bed of lettuce. Also, cutting up some sweet potatoes for "fries" and will bake those bad boys with a little s&p

Salt, paprika, cinnamon as the seasoning for sweet potato fries for me.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty 2017-03-21, 18:59

Taco Tuesday!

Goose, if you pick up some syrup you should bake a salted maple pie. Had a slice at sister pie last week and amazing!
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2017-03-21, 19:23

Triple Sparty wrote:Taco Tuesday!

Goose, if you pick up some syrup you should bake a salted maple pie. Had a slice at sister pie last week and amazing!

Pics?
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty 2017-03-21, 19:26

You don't know what a taco looks like?
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2017-03-21, 19:29

Triple Sparty wrote:You don't know what a taco looks like?
Salted maple pie
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-21, 19:42

Triple Sparty wrote:Taco Tuesday!

Never even had heard of them. Looked up a recipe and they sound interesting, I might try one.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2017-03-22, 20:49

Where is the smoking thread?
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-03-24, 23:35

best way to infuse garlic flavor into meats....?
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-25, 00:09

MattyFresh wrote:best way to infuse garlic flavor into meats....?

Feed the cows garlic.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-03-25, 00:11

DWags wrote:
MattyFresh wrote:best way to infuse garlic flavor into meats....?

Feed the cows garlic.

Once I am done getting my masters and rolling in the dollar bills I will have a farm. I will raise my pigs on almonds and apples. My cows will get selective meals as well and I will give them some garlic on your word Dwags.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-03-25, 00:16

What kind of meat/cut?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-03-25, 00:18

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:What kind of meat/cut?

i am defrosting a ribeye currently for tomorrow and will have it soaking in a marinade by morning
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-03-25, 00:30

WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-25, 00:30

MattyFresh wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:What kind of meat/cut?

i am defrosting a ribeye currently for tomorrow and will have it soaking in a marinade by morning

Don't defrost. Cook frozen. Freezer to iron skillet.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2017-04-07, 18:03

Bump for loose
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-04-07, 22:52

1st big family gathering of the year tomorrow. Birthday dinner to cover SiL, Son #2 and BiL. I'll take some of my normal crappy pics tomorrow.

Menu is a little weird. Based on special requests.

Spiral sliced ham
Shrimp Scampi
Mass quantities of Lasagna
Garlic Bread
Ranch Pasta Salad

Custard Pie
Apple Crisp
Cookie flavor yet to be determined.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-04-08, 20:14

Really horrible pics - I need to hire a photog

The Apple Crisp
The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 2 ISVmxKh

The Lasagna - Pre oven
The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 2 URcfZe7

The Lasagna - cooked
The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 2 SECG78z
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next