Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seinfeld isn't funny

+47
Watch Out Pylon!
Sponge Worthy
Marc Summers
Johnny Alpamayo
Echos Myron
Death Roe
Achtung Baby
tGreenWay
Herbie Green
Rocinante
CrazySparty
Punisher98
Other Teams Pursuing That
WhiteBoyHatcher
Jethro Bodeen
AMwood
Dolph Ziggler
MiamiSpartan
Bizarro Fletch
Blanch32
Cosmo_Kramer
NigelUno
MasonGuy
MJ
Masturbating Bear
Giant Moose
PinkyTuscadero
tTito
Spartan Pride
LoneWolfSparty
Notorious GiB
DWags
Frank Ricard
Venice
xsanguine
BtothejizA
Ted Brogan
Gomer
RubberbandMan
Rodeo Burger
WBill
JEK
Turtleneck
InTenSity
steveschneider
pulling69
Ass Dan
51 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Seinfeld isn't funny - Page 2 Empty Re: Seinfeld isn't funny

Post by Giant Moose 2014-06-02, 09:17

LoneWolfSparty wrote:OH NOES! SOMEONE DOESN'T LIKE WHAT I DO!!  Seinfeld isn't funny - Page 2 1550444538
In fairness, I have never liked what Guest does. Seinfeld isn't funny - Page 2 2599972566
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-06-02, 09:17

LoneWolfSparty wrote:OH NOES! SOMEONE DOESN'T LIKE WHAT I DO!!  Seinfeld isn't funny - Page 2 1550444538

While this is a good point, a line has to be drawn somewhere. If you don't like Seinfeld you're a pretty lousy American.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-06-02, 09:23

Not funny. Not needed.

(This is an inside joke which only a select few people will understand, so if you don't get it...just keep your trap shut)
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WBill 2014-06-02, 09:34

I still marvel at the efficiency of each script, virtually zero wasted lines. It is the writing equivalent of a Swiss watch.
WBill
WBill
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo_Kramer 2014-06-02, 09:35

Seinfeld isn't funny - Page 2 555x369px-LL-0e7916fd_im-chuck-norris-and-this-thread-sucks

and

Seinfeld isn't funny - Page 2 OP+_ef51b64edb63a913d3dce005235d0dcb
Cosmo_Kramer
Cosmo_Kramer
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2014-06-02, 09:36

Not that I'm a Seinfeld fan by any means, but to say you don't get it only proves you don't have a sense of humor. Its OK some people are blinded too and they go through life
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Venice 2014-06-02, 10:57

Giant Moose wrote:
In fairness, I have never liked what Guest does. Seinfeld isn't funny - Page 2 2599972566

another life wasted. How sad :lol:
Venice
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 2014-06-02, 11:20

Be honest - did you tear up when Rachel and Ross finally got together?
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2014-06-02, 11:29

gHost Spartan wrote:I think it's the greatest sitcom ever. To each their own. Back in the day you were either Seinfeld or Friends, maybe you were / are more of a Friends type fan.
In other words, assdan is a chick.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolph Ziggler 2014-06-02, 11:31

Give it a try on a CBS affiliate. The laugh track will make it seem funny.
Dolph Ziggler
Dolph Ziggler
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo_Kramer 2014-06-02, 11:45

Dolph Ziggler wrote:Give it a try on a CBS affiliate. The laugh track will make it seem funny.

Seinfeld had a live audience for most episodes. Obviously some scenes were a track, but the ones indoors were mostly real laughs (unlike Big Bang Theory).
Cosmo_Kramer
Cosmo_Kramer
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-06-02, 11:55

It was a show about nothing, what is there not to like?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-06-02, 11:59

Cosmo_Kramer wrote:

Seinfeld had a live audience for most episodes. Obviously some scenes were a track, but the ones indoors were mostly real laughs (unlike Big Bang Theory).

Seinfeld isn't funny - Page 2 Applause-482x298
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 2014-06-02, 12:00

MiamiSpartan wrote:
In other words, assdan is a chick.

TV, movies, books, etc. are obviously subjective. To each their own. Assdan is probably the type of guy who loves Larry the Cable Guy and Two and a Half Men. Millions of people do.
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2014-06-02, 12:06

Bizarro Fletch wrote:

TV, movies, books, etc. are obviously subjective. To each their own. Assdan is probably the type of guy who loves Larry the Cable Guy and Two and a Half Men. Millions of people do.
Of course, and millions of people like Friends more than Seinfeld. And they're all chicks. That's all I was saying.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 2014-06-02, 12:17

steveschneider wrote:Anyone here a fan of Comedian's in Cars? I highly recommend it.

me. it's very funny. the one with mel brooks and carl reiner was awesome.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Venice 2014-06-02, 12:37

AMwood wrote:

me. it's very funny. the one with mel brooks and carl reiner was awesome.

t2000 year old man
Venice
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jethro Bodeen 2014-06-02, 13:08

Seinfeld was "of its time". Boomers too pooped out to watch TV past 10pm ( much less partying on Thursday nights ) got a few chuckles before nodding off.

Also- the age of the actors ( mid thirties ) and their care-free, work-free existence drew-in the 20 something crowd that identified with that "lifestyle" while at the same time appealed to the Baby-boomers that still related age-wise to people in their 30s and reminisced/envied the freedom of life before careers, kids, mortgages and the anxieties of aging.
Jethro Bodeen
Jethro Bodeen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by BtothejizA 2014-06-02, 13:10

Bizarro Fletch wrote:

As someone who doesn't find Seinfeld very funny either I'd assume that he's more of an Always Sunny guy like myself.

Arrested Development, Louie, The Office, Parks and Rec.

Seinfeld is more like Friends with less attractive women.
BtothejizA
BtothejizA
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 2014-06-02, 13:12

BtothejizA wrote:

As someone who doesn't find Seinfeld very funny either I'd assume that he's more of an Always Sunny guy like myself.

Arrested Development, Louie, The Office, Parks and Rec.

Seinfeld is more like Friends with less attractive women.

other than when he's doing stand up, i've never laughed once during a louie episode. i watch it because he makes me uncomfortable and makes me think about shit.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2014-06-02, 13:12

Where else at that time could you write in a script about the main characters having a masturbation contest and get away with it on network TV in primetime?

Seinfeld had great writers who could take the restrictions of network TV and make it gold, Jerry. Gold!
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2014-06-02, 13:18

Bizarro Fletch wrote:

Rationalizing me into "just a redneck" or "just someone with bad taste" isn't making Seinfeld any funnier.

It's really over rated as a show and I don't care for it. It's more the fact that it's a sitcom with a laugh track, but the jokes themselves and the ~endless~ references are not funny to me.

I love shows like silicon valley, archer, arrested development, veep, south park, the daily show, etc.,

My favorite comedians are guys like Louis ck and Patrice o'neal, Amy Schumer and Sinbad.

I'm sure many people defending Seinfeld right now have a few common interests with me at least, but they can't see Past the fact that the show itself is mediocre, and therefore I have to be a chick or a guy with bad taste.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-06-02, 13:21

Ass Dan wrote:

Rationalizing me into "just a redneck" or "just someone with bad taste" isn't making Seinfeld any funnier.

It's really over rated as a show and I don't care for it. It's more the fact that it's a sitcom with a laugh track, but the jokes themselves and the ~endless~ references are not funny to me.

I love shows like silicon valley, archer, arrested development, veep, south park, the daily show, etc.,

My favorite comedians are guys like Louis ck and Patrice o'neal, Amy Schumer and Sinbad.

I'm sure many people defending Seinfeld right now have a few common interests with me at least, but they can't see Past the fact that the show itself is mediocre, and therefore I have to be a chick or a guy with bad taste.

Arrested Development is a terrible show, never made me laugh once. Jerry Seinfeld and Larry David are infinitely funnier than David Cross or Jason Bateman.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2014-06-02, 13:24

Ass Dan wrote:

The thing is, though, that saying Seinfeld isn't a funny show is like saying Coke isn't a good soft drink, Nike isn't a good athletics shoe company, Amazon isn't a good online retailer, etc. You are entitled to that opinion, but most would disagree. Nothing wrong with that I guess.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-06-02, 13:44

Ass Dan wrote:

It's really over rated as a show

I didn't want to jump into this thread again, but this cracks me up. How can a show be "overrated"? It's ratings were exactly what they were. No more no less. When you "rate" a football or basketball team in the top 20 based on opinion, teams can be over and under rated. However, when you look at statistical evidence of how many people are sitting at home watching a t.v. show by the Nielson company, you pretty much are "rated" exactly where you should be.

I have no ideal where they stand as far as all time ratings and such, but it is what it is. Commercials are sold on ratings.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Notorious GiB 2014-06-02, 13:54

Giant Moose wrote:

That dude is a jackass.
Notorious GiB
Notorious GiB
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2014-06-02, 14:01

steveschneider wrote:

Arrested Development is a terrible show, never made me laugh once. Jerry Seinfeld and Larry David are infinitely funnier than David Cross or Jason Bateman.

You must be a nascar fan

- Turtleneck
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 2014-06-02, 14:31

Ass Dan wrote:

Forgive me - I didn't realize you go for more high brow comedy like Sinbad.
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jethro Bodeen 2014-06-02, 14:33

steveschneider wrote:

I loved both shows. So what does that mean? I think its just identifying with the "tone" of a show. Some people like "Friends". I hate it. I have never been able to watch it and laugh. I even like some of the actors a lot. Mathew Perry is funny as hell and I love the movie "Almost Heros" All of the girls are beautiful and talented. I love Office Space with Jennifer Aniston. But "Frineds" just seemed stupid to me.
Jethro Bodeen
Jethro Bodeen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Venice 2014-06-02, 14:50

Giant Moose wrote:
The thing is, though, that saying Seinfeld isn't a funny show is like saying Coke isn't a good soft drink, Nike isn't a good athletics shoe company, Amazon isn't a good online retailer, etc. You are entitled to that
opinion, but most would disagree. Nothing wrong with that I guess.

SEE: Nike $300 choe blowouts
Venice
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-06-02, 14:56

Jethro Bodeen wrote:

I loved both shows. So what does that mean?  I think its just identifying with the "tone" of a show. Some people like "Friends". I hate it. I have never been able to watch it and laugh. I even like some of the actors a lot. Mathew Perry is funny as hell and I love the movie "Almost Heros" All of the girls are beautiful and talented. I love Office Space with Jennifer Aniston. But "Frineds"  just seemed stupid to me.

I'm sure it is a great show, a lot people who's tastes I respect dig it. I think the humor is to dry and understated. I'd probably enjoy the show more if it had a laugh track.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-06-02, 15:14

As bad as the OP's opinion is, a thread like this never gets posted at the old place.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2014-06-02, 15:28

Bizarro Fletch wrote:

Forgive me - I didn't realize you go for more high brow comedy like Sinbad.

He's better than Seinfeld
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo_Kramer 2014-06-02, 15:28

Jethro Bodeen wrote:Seinfeld was "of its time". Boomers too pooped out to watch TV past 10pm ( much less partying on Thursday nights ) got a few chuckles before nodding off.

Also- the age of the actors ( mid thirties ) and their care-free, work-free existence  drew-in the 20 something crowd that identified with that "lifestyle" while at the same time appealed to the Baby-boomers that still related age-wise to people in their 30s and reminisced/envied the freedom of life before careers, kids, mortgages and the anxieties of aging.

Yeah, cause people want to watch TV shows that remind them how shitty their lives are. Genius!
Cosmo_Kramer
Cosmo_Kramer
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-06-02, 16:10

You aren't funny.

I'm all for different opinions and views and shit but not liking Seinfeld is pretty mind-blowing to me. I probably wouldn't like you.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Punisher98 2014-06-02, 16:21

Rodeo Burger wrote:Comedy rarely has legs.  Reruns are fine for the original fans, but the text message generation doesn't understand much of anything.  And the TM generation hasn't seen a good comedy in their own time either.  They're a humorless bunch.  Jaded too.  Decent baristas though, until they realize they'll be baristas forever.

I'm 26 and love Seinfeld. I can't think of a person my age that doesn't like it.

There is nothing more annoying than an older person who uses "this new generation sucks" as the answer to everything.
Punisher98
Punisher98
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2014-06-02, 16:44

steveschneider wrote:

This. Ad was completely forced and therefore unwatchable by anyone who is funny
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2014-06-02, 16:46

Ass Dan wrote:

He's better than Seinfeld

That stmnt alone is a thread in itself!
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-06-02, 16:50

Rodeo Burger wrote:Comedy rarely has legs.  Reruns are fine for the original fans, but the text message generation doesn't understand much of anything.  And the TM generation hasn't seen a good comedy in their own time either.  They're a humorless bunch.  Jaded too.  Decent baristas though, until they realize they'll be baristas forever.

Keep spouting your bullshit, TV is at it's best right now and it's the "TM generation". I'm 20, my roommates and I watch Seinfeld weekly.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2014-06-02, 16:51

Notorious GiB wrote:

It's comments like this that show why you shouldn't be a mod. Keep that word on the RCMB where it belongs.

Ban
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next