Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bump when these numbers move

+23
steveschneider
WhiteBoyHatcher
AvgMSUJoe
msugolfguy
Heat Miser
Robert J Sakimano
Rocinante
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
NigelUno
Watch Out Pylon!
GRR Spartan
Travis of the Cosmos
Dendrobates
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
Frank Ricard
kingstonlake
InTenSity
Cameron
CheesySpartan
AnomanderRake
Floyd Robertson
27 posters

Page 15 of 25 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 25  Next

Go down

Bump when these numbers move - Page 15 Empty Re: Bump when these numbers move

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2018-08-23, 10:33

My 401k (S&P 500) Since (roughly) Obama... Notice the non skyrocketing part at the top? It's when dickhead started trade warring. Almost back to where Obama left it.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-08-23, 14:11

Target CEO raves about the state of the economy: This is the best consumer environment 'I've seen in my career'

Target sees unprecedented growth in same-store sales and foot traffic during the second quarter.

CEO Brian Cornell credits the strongest consumer environment he's ever seen for the retailer's solid results.

This follows similarly strong results from companies like Walmart, Kohl's and TJ Maxx owner TJX.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/22/target-ceo-credits-strong-growth-with-the-best-consumer-environment-hes-ever-seen.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-08-23, 14:22

I’m so glad more people are retail shopping. Just what people need - more shit. Rolling Eyes
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-23, 14:28

LooseGoose wrote:
Target CEO raves about the state of the economy: This is the best consumer environment 'I've seen in my career'

Target sees unprecedented growth in same-store sales and foot traffic during the second quarter.

CEO Brian Cornell credits the strongest consumer environment he's ever seen for the retailer's solid results.

This follows similarly strong results from companies like Walmart, Kohl's and TJ Maxx owner TJX.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/08/22/target-ceo-credits-strong-growth-with-the-best-consumer-environment-hes-ever-seen.html
thanks for the mainstream media link.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-08-23, 14:44

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I’m so glad more people are retail shopping. Just what people need - more shit. Rolling Eyes

Well, it’s kind of how our economy works.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-23, 14:53

DWags wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I’m so glad more people are retail shopping. Just what people need - more shit. Rolling Eyes

it's also dependent on Goose clicking on mainstream media links.

Bump when these numbers move - Page 15 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2018-08-23, 15:00

LooseGoose wrote:

Now Goose... Just think what those numbers would have been if the tax cut was targeted toward the bottom 90% and not the top 10%... All the poors would be buying all the shits and everyone's sales would be even more super awesome. Poors shop retail.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-08-23, 15:29

DWags wrote:

Neat!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-08-28, 12:49

Yep, there's a blue wave coming in November.

US consumer confidence rises to 18-year high

So prior to 9/11. 1/2 of this board were riding tricycles then. ;-)

WASHINGTON (AP) — Americans’ consumer confidence rose in August to the highest level in nearly 18 years as their assessment of current conditions improved further and their expectations about the future rebounded.

The Conference Board reported Tuesday that its consumer confidence index rose to 133.4 in August, up from a reading 127.9 in July. It was the highest reading since confidence stood at 135.8 in October 2000.

Consumers’ confidence in their ability to get a job and the overall economy are seen as important indicators of how freely they will spend, especially on big-ticket items such as cars, in coming months. Consumer spending accounts for 70 percent of economic activity.

The national media is 90% doom and gloom - and yet they wonder why most people don't believe their shit. Well that and CNN outright lying to their viewers. But Trump.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-28, 12:53

LooseGoose wrote:Yep, there's a blue wave coming in November.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Americans’ consumer confidence rose in August to the highest level in nearly 18 years as their assessment of current conditions improved further and their expectations about the future rebounded.

The Conference Board reported Tuesday that its consumer confidence index rose to 133.4 in August, up from a reading 127.9 in July. It was the highest reading since confidence stood at 135.8 in October 2000.

Consumers’ confidence in their ability to get a job and the overall economy are seen as important indicators of how freely they will spend, especially on big-ticket items such as cars, in coming months. Consumer spending accounts for 70 percent of economic activity.

The national media is 90% doom and gloom - and yet they wonder why most people don't believe their shit. Well that and CNN outright lying to their viewers. But Trump.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2018-08-28, 12:57

Rolling Eyes This is what happens right before a recession. The Dot-Com bubble was in mid-burst in October, 2000. Great example.  Bump when these numbers move - Page 15 502811600
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-08-28, 13:10

The consumer confidence index is bullshit and is more indicative of banks lending than the economic health of the average American. It's so out of touch with reality.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-28, 13:41

Heat Miser wrote:

Rolling Eyes This is what happens right before a recession. The Dot-Com bubble was in mid-burst in October, 2000. Great example.  Bump when these numbers move - Page 15 502811600
Goose loves him some mainstream media propaganda.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2018-08-29, 11:24

Trump tax cuts, working hard for you.

Bump when these numbers move - Page 15 DlxiZQuV4AAeiXv
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-08-30, 23:25

Jobless claims scraping lows not seen since 1969

The numbers: The already small number of Americans applying for unemployment benefits each week touched a new bottom in late August that by one measure was the lowest level since 1969.
Initial jobless claims, a tracker of sorts for layoffs in the U.S., rose by 3,000 to 213,000 in the seven days from Aug. 19 to Aug. 25. Economists polled by MarketWatch had forecast a 212,000 reading.
More notably, the monthly average of claims fell by 1,500 to 212,250, the government said Thursday. That’s the lowest level since December 1969.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-08-30, 23:26

Lol....liberals in this thread trying to make news they would be crowing over with Dem President sound like doom and gloom.     Just kills them to give any credit
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-08-30, 23:39

rofl
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-08-30, 23:54

You have a sickness Goose. You are obsessed and consumed.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-08-31, 00:06

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:You have a sickness Goose. You are obsessed and consumed.
Lol.  Strange that you think that applies to me while ignoring the obsession of those the others that post here.   

Today I chuckled all.day as the same people that swallow the BS from reporters at msnbc and CNN were talking about the lying reporters at espn.    They're ALL liars .
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-08-31, 00:07

So the lowest unemployment rate in 50 years is bad news?   Should I be upset over that?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-08-31, 00:46

LooseGoose wrote:
Lol.  Strange that you think that applies to me while ignoring the obsession of those the others that post here.   

Today I chuckled all.day as the same people that swallow the BS from reporters at msnbc and CNN were talking about the lying reporters at espn.    They're ALL liars .

Nope. I don't think anyone else here scours the internet daily for articles to prove the other side wrong. You do that. People post things that they come across but you seem to have URLs at your disposal from fringe websites constantly to prove how delusional the media/left is.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-08-31, 00:52

He’s the bob of the right
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-08-31, 00:58

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:He’s the bob of the right
I love both of them but he's not like Bob. Bob just trolls. Goose trolls and posts ridiculous propaganda that he seemingly spends a lot of his time researching.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-08-31, 01:10

See Goose....I know this is useless. But I will post it. From my phone. Because my neck is still fucked so excuse the typos. You look at a guy like me. Or Pylon. Or whoever. And you're like they are libs and they post lib propaganda. Wrong. We are humans. We are open minded. It is not hard for an unaffiliated person to see how horrendous this Presidency is. How atrocious and vile he is. Anyone without any preconceived notions would have a very hard time disagreeing. Maybe his policies make you happy? But can you argue that he is fit for the presidency, that he is as concerned about the well being of the country as he is about his own ego, that he truly has the instinct and knowledge to perform the job??

I mean no. You can't. Your argument is some dumbfuck article from hgpennypacjer.com about how stupid liberals are. Maybe get off the internet for a few weeks and try to take the President at face value without allowing the evil, manipulative left and their fake news media to influence you.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-31, 05:14

LooseGoose wrote:Jobless claims scraping lows not seen since 1969

The numbers: The already small number of Americans applying for unemployment benefits each week touched a new bottom in late August that by one measure was the lowest level since 1969.
Initial jobless claims, a tracker of sorts for layoffs in the U.S., rose by 3,000 to 213,000 in the seven days from Aug. 19 to Aug. 25. Economists polled by MarketWatch had forecast a 212,000 reading.
More notably, the monthly average of claims fell by 1,500 to 212,250, the government said Thursday. That’s the lowest level since December 1969.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2018-08-31, 09:25

What is "things that happen right before a recession" Alex.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-31, 09:26

Heat Miser wrote:

What is "things that happen right before a recession" Alex.
I'll take "what is the colored boy's fault, for $200, please".

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2018-08-31, 11:25

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Congrats Trump on not (yet) screwing Obama's momentum up. Soon enough we will hit the republican recession we always seem to hit after they have the white house. We will see if the blame also settles on who is taking credit.
 Bump when these numbers move - Page 15 2018-010
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-31, 11:33

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Congrats Trump on not (yet) screwing Obama's momentum up. Soon enough we will hit the republican recession we always seem to hit after they have the white house. We will see if the blame also settles on who is taking credit.
 Bump when these numbers move - Page 15 2018-010
they'll blame the colored boy.. and probably Hillary.

and, I don't know.. ungrateful rich black athletes who hate the troops??

and, of course, the racist deplorables will cheer.  Bump when these numbers move - Page 15 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-08-31, 11:54

LooseGoose wrote:
So the lowest unemployment rate in 50 years is bad news?   Should I be upset over that?

Depends.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-31, 11:56

LooseGoose wrote:

and yet you keep posting their articles about how great the racist, bigoted sexual predator is.

Bump when these numbers move - Page 15 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-08-31, 12:02

Using the unemployment rate to gauge the economy's health is useless.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-31, 12:03

kingstonlake wrote:Using the unemployment rate to gauge the economy's health is useless.
the deplorables and the mainstream media have to use something to sell their man.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-08-31, 12:05

LooseGoose wrote:

Data is your friend.

Bump when these numbers move - Page 15 PJ_2017.05.10_Media-Attitudes_0-01
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-08-31, 12:23

kingstonlake wrote:Using the unemployment rate to gauge the economy's health is useless.

Also all we heard about for yeaaaaaars from 2012-2016 was how the unemployment number was bullshit and was actually like 25% or whatever because of people that have stopped looking.

Now the unemployment number is great and perfect.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-31, 12:48

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Also all we heard about for yeaaaaaars from 2012-2016 was how the unemployment number was bullshit and was actually like 25% or whatever because of people that have stopped looking.

yep - when the colored boy had the economy booming it was always explained that the "real unemployment" was, like, 73%.

now that the economy is slowing under the racist, bigoted sexual predator, it's "THE BEST ECONOMY IN THE HISTORY OF PLANET EARTH"... Bump when these numbers move - Page 15 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-08-31, 12:53

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Yup tDude. Hiring pool is saturated with people off the unemployment books and willing to take jobs at stagnant or lower wages.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2018-08-31, 14:38

After some review, It appears "disenfranchised" came out of the number under Clinton. (I thought it was W.)

Regardless, it's been consistent since prior to W.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-09-10, 07:47

Talk of Nike Inc. sales taking a hit from the company’s decision to put ex–NFL player Colin Kaepernick at the center of its latest “Just Do It” campaign is looking overblown, based on data from a Silicon Valley digital commerce research company.

After an initial dip immediately after the news broke, Nike’s NKE, -0.12% online sales actually grew 31% from the Sunday of Labor Day weekend through Tuesday, as compared with a 17% gain recorded for the same period of 2017, according to San Francisco–based Edison Trends.

sorry, racists.

Caution: Mainstream Media Link
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2018-09-11, 09:00

Looks like Nike is willing to take a chance at offending the US 54 to death White demographic that buys a pair of mall waking shoes and jogging suit on closeout every 5 years.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 25 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 25  Next