Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Want a Free bottle of Special Sauce??

+3
Snake Plissken
Cameron
tGreenWay
7 posters

Go down

Want a Free bottle of Special Sauce?? Empty Want a Free bottle of Special Sauce??

Post by Guest 2017-01-24, 19:25

McDonald's Is Giving Away 10,000 Bottles of Its Famous 'Special Sauce'

Want a Free bottle of Special Sauce?? Bigmached

McDonald’s famous Big Mac sandwich has a brand-new look—and to commemorate the occasion, USA Today reports that the burger giant is giving away 10,000 bottles of its "Special Sauce" this Thursday, at select locations.

McDonald’s recently debuted the Mac Jr. and the Grand Mac, two limited-edition sandwiches that are essentially larger- and smaller-sized versions of their namesake. The Mac Jr. has a single patty with cheese (no middle bun layer) and Special Sauce, and the Grand Mac has thicker patties and extra cheese.

"We listened to our customers, who told us they wanted different ways to enjoy the one-of-a-kind Big Mac taste,” McDonald’s chef Mike Haracz explained in a press release.

The Special Sauce giveaway locations won’t be officially announced until Wednesday, January 25, but WTOP News reports that bottles will be handed out to customers on a first-come-first-served basis, if they say the phrase, “There’s a Big Mac for that.”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Want a Free bottle of Special Sauce?? Empty Re: Want a Free bottle of Special Sauce??

Post by tGreenWay 2017-01-24, 19:31

So they just printed 10,000 Big Mac Special Sauce labels and slapped them on 10,000 bottles of Kraft Thousand Island Dressing?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Want a Free bottle of Special Sauce?? Empty Re: Want a Free bottle of Special Sauce??

Post by Cameron 2017-01-24, 20:47

tGreenWay wrote:So they just printed 10,000 Big Mac Special Sauce labels and slapped them on 10,000 bottles of Kraft Thousand Island Dressing?

I doubt it reaches the quality of Kraft. Some lesser known store brand seems more accurate. But it's been over a decade since I've had a Big Mac, so maybe they're less shitty than I remember.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-24, 20:51

Cameron wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:So they just printed 10,000 Big Mac Special Sauce labels and slapped them on 10,000 bottles of Kraft Thousand Island Dressing?

I doubt it reaches the quality of Kraft. Some lesser known store brand seems more accurate. But it's been over a decade since I've had a Big Mac, so maybe they're less shitty than I remember.

I hadn't had one in probably close to that long until a month or so ago when I got the bug to have one. Went into town and bought one, it was pretty forgettable.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-01-24, 21:04

Cameron wrote:

It's been a lot longer than that for me. Probably 20 years or more. Wasn't the creator a Spartan who just died recently or was it a different burger?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-01-24, 21:08

tGreenWay wrote:
Cameron wrote:

It's been a lot longer than that for me. Probably 20 years or more. Wasn't the creator a Spartan who just died recently or was it a different burger?

Must be a different burger, I don't see any mention of Spartan ties in this article:

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/30/business/michael-james-delligatti-creator-of-the-big-mac-dies-at-98.html?_r=0
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-24, 21:18

tGreenWay wrote:
Cameron wrote:

The only Michigan connection I know of to one of their sandwiches was the Filet o Fish guy. He vacationed by Gaylord and left land and $$ there when he died. I think they might have retired to Gaylord actually.

The Fishy History of the McDonald’s Filet-O-Fish Sandwich

Louis M. Groen Nature Preserve
Want a Free bottle of Special Sauce?? Is38-1354654045-70374

Edna Groen remembered for love of the outdoors

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2017-01-24, 22:03

LooseGoose wrote:McDonald's Is Giving Away 10,000 Bottles of Its Famous 'Special Sauce'

Nobody wants your special sauce. Let's just be honest here.
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-01-24, 22:14

Wendy's fish sandwich is 5x better than MickeyD's.

Wouldn't feed BK's fish sandwich to a dog.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-01-24, 22:17

The Pantry wrote:Wendy's fish sandwich is 5x better than MickeyD's.

Gross
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-01-24, 22:38

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Gross
Ever try ceviche or eat a tuna taco?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-01-24, 22:40

Wendy's and Arby's have the best fast food fish sandwiches (Arby's King's Hawaiian fish sandwich is the best of them all), but they're seasonal. McDonald's and Burger King fish sandwiches are pretty gross. Rally's has the deep sea double, which I would say falls somewhere in the middle.

Don't ask me why I know all this.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-01-25, 01:15

Cameron wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Must be a different burger, I don't see any mention of Spartan ties in this article:

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/30/business/michael-james-delligatti-creator-of-the-big-mac-dies-at-98.html?_r=0

Found it:
http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2016/11/creator_of_big_mac_and_graduat.html
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-01-25, 01:16

LooseGoose wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

The only Michigan connection I know of to one of their sandwiches was the Filet o Fish guy. He vacationed by Gaylord and left land and $$ there when he died. I think they might have retired to Gaylord actually.

The Fishy History of the McDonald’s Filet-O-Fish Sandwich

Louis M. Groen Nature Preserve
Want a Free bottle of Special Sauce?? Is38-1354654045-70374

Edna Groen remembered for love of the outdoors

That's pretty cool.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-01-25, 01:49

tGreenWay wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Found it:

Fucking NYT is part of the blue wall. Who knew...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HiFriends 2017-01-25, 01:49

Want a Free bottle of Special Sauce?? South-park-s16e08c12-butters-creamy-goo-16x9
HiFriends
HiFriends
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-01-25, 02:34

Cameron wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Found it:

Fucking NYT is part of the blue wall. Who knew...

They lost their way after the whole Judith Miller fiasco. It's a damn shame we can't get the real story behind a fast food Michelangelo.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-01-25, 07:57

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-26, 17:28

Bottles of McDonald's Big Mac sauce are selling for nearly $300; some listed for $10K
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down