Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would you drive the exact same car as your spouse?

+9
Watch Out Pylon!
Da Mayor
tGreenWay
I.B. Fine
Izzo Court
CheesySpartan
Floyd Robertson
xsanguine
Phil McCrackin
13 posters

Go down

Would you drive the exact same car as your spouse? Empty Would you drive the exact same car as your spouse?

Post by Phil McCrackin 2017-01-26, 11:36

I have some new neighbors that moved in a few months ago. They both drive identical Jeep Grand Cherokees, one red, and one black. It seems a little odd, but they just got married, so my assumption is that they had these cars before they met each other and it's just a coincidence.

I have another neighbor around the corner that had two identical X5's, both black. Presumably his and hers, but I've never talked to them so I don't really know. The cars appeared to be identically optioned and they always back one into the garage, and pull the other one in forward. I found this to be odd, but whatever.
Fast forward to this morning, and I'm walking my dog by their alley and their garage door was up and low and behold... inside are two brand new identical black Porsche Macans. One backed in, one pulled in forward. WTF?

I get that some people just don't give a shit about cars and might just find something that works and always buy the same car over and over, but we're not talking about Honda Civic's here. Someone went to a Porsche dealer and bought TWO identical Macans. I picture these guys wearing matching sweaters on the weekend, and always ordering the same dish at restaurants, etc. They remind me of the neighbors in Christmas Vacation...

As a side note, the Macan is surprisingly affordable for a Porsche. Starts at $47k. Anyway... I don't think I'd drive the exact same car as my wife.

Phil McCrackin
Phil McCrackin
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Would you drive the exact same car as your spouse? Empty Re: Would you drive the exact same car as your spouse?

Post by Guest 2017-01-26, 11:45

Phil McCrackin wrote:I have some new neighbors that moved in a few months ago. They both drive identical Jeep Grand Cherokees, one red, and one black. It seems a little odd, but they just got married, so my assumption is that they had these cars before they met each other and it's just a coincidence.

I have another neighbor around the corner that had two identical X5's, both black. Presumably his and hers, but I've never talked to them so I don't really know. The cars appeared to be identically optioned and they always back one into the garage, and pull the other one in forward. I found this to be odd, but whatever.
Fast forward to this morning, and I'm walking my dog by their alley and their garage door was up and low and behold... inside are two brand new identical black Porsche Macans. One backed in, one pulled in forward. WTF?

I get that some people just don't give a shit about cars and might just find something that works and always buy the same car over and over, but we're not talking about Honda Civic's here. Someone went to a Porsche dealer and bought TWO identical Macans. I picture these guys wearing matching sweaters on the weekend, and always ordering the same dish at restaurants, etc. They remind me of the neighbors in Christmas Vacation...

As a side note, the Macan is surprisingly affordable for a Porsche. Starts at $47k. Anyway... I don't think I'd drive the exact same car as my wife.

To help us judge you please tell us what model cars you and your wife drive.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Would you drive the exact same car as your spouse? Empty Re: Would you drive the exact same car as your spouse?

Post by xsanguine 2017-01-26, 12:05

I would if the type of vehicle was only made by one or two makers.

For example the Tesla Model X.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil McCrackin 2017-01-26, 12:25

xsanguine wrote:I would if the type of vehicle was only made by one or two makers.

I'd probably get a Model S and buy my wife a Model X, but I don't think I'd buy two Model X's.

I like cars better than SUV's though, so there's that I suppose.

Phil McCrackin
Phil McCrackin
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-01-26, 12:26

Why do wives need cars to drive from the bedroom to the kitchen?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil McCrackin 2017-01-26, 12:26

LooseGoose wrote:

We only have 1 car. It's an Infiniti G37.

Phil McCrackin
Phil McCrackin
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil McCrackin 2017-01-26, 12:27

Floyd Robertson wrote:Why do wives need cars to drive from the bedroom to the kitchen?

Groceries, brah.

Phil McCrackin
Phil McCrackin
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-01-26, 12:33

Phil McCrackin wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Why do wives need cars to drive from the bedroom to the kitchen?

Groceries, brah.

Duh, how could overlook that.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil McCrackin 2017-01-26, 12:42

gHost Spartan wrote:Honestly, I wouldn't have an issue driving the same vehicle as my wife assuming it was a cool vehicle. My wife will only buy BMW or Audi so I'm pretty much okay with any vehicle those automakers manufacture.

I'd be OK with it too if it were something cool. We're not talking about dueling M4's or RS6's here though.

I think it's safe to say I'm never going to walk into an Audi dealer and buy his and hers Q5's, for instance.

Phil McCrackin
Phil McCrackin
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-01-26, 12:47

Phil McCrackin wrote:

Groceries, brah.

Peapod? The same car thing is weird...ive seen it 2-3 times. Not my thing.

Last edited by CheesySpartan on 2017-01-26, 12:49; edited 1 time in total
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-26, 12:48

gHost Spartan wrote:Honestly, I wouldn't have an issue driving the same vehicle as my wife assuming it was a cool vehicle. My wife will only buy BMW or Audi so I'm pretty much okay with any vehicle those automakers manufacture.

Why do you hate American workers?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-01-26, 12:53

Phil McCrackin wrote:
xsanguine wrote:I would if the type of vehicle was only made by one or two makers.

I'd probably get a Model S and buy my wife a Model X, but I don't think I'd buy two Model X's.

I like cars better than SUV's though, so there's that I suppose.

True. I just like the idea of AWD/4WD on all my vehicles.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzo Court 2017-01-26, 13:10

My one neighbor drives a Ford Aerostar and his wife drives a Dodge Neon. My other neighbor drives a Chevy Beretta. The people in the trailer across the street drive a Chevy Cavalier.
Izzo Court
Izzo Court
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2017-01-26, 13:13

Phil McCrackin wrote:I have some new neighbors that moved in a few months ago. They both drive identical Jeep Grand Cherokees, one red, and one black. It seems a little odd, but they just got married, so my assumption is that they had these cars before they met each other and it's just a coincidence.
If one is red and one is black they are not identical, your pretense is erroneous right from the start.
Please try again. Would you drive the exact same car as your spouse? 992749028
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-01-26, 13:19

The nerve of those people, driving cars they like!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Da Mayor 2017-01-26, 14:19

gHost Spartan wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Why do you hate American workers?

I'm pretty sure her BMW was made in South Carolina.

Did they give her a free SC palmetto tree hat?
Da Mayor
Da Mayor
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil McCrackin 2017-01-26, 15:23

I.B. Fine wrote:
If one is red and one is black they are not identical, your pretense is erroneous right from the start.

Keep reading... I assume the Jeep twins are coincidental. It's the neighbor that traded in his two identical X5's for two identical Macans that terrifies me. Same colors, same models, same options.

Also, they have names that rhyme. Like Mary and Gary, or Bill and Jill or Jenny and Kenny, or something like that...

They're probably serial killers.

Phil McCrackin
Phil McCrackin
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil McCrackin 2017-01-26, 15:24

tGreenWay wrote:The nerve of those people, driving cars they like!

I'm not saying they can't do it, just that I'm going to judge them accordingly.
Phil McCrackin
Phil McCrackin
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-26, 15:47

Phil McCrackin wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Phil darling? I hate to break it to you - but you drive the EXACT same car as your spouse.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil McCrackin 2017-01-26, 15:51

LooseGoose wrote:
Phil McCrackin wrote:

Phil darling? I hate to break it to you - but you drive the EXACT same car as your spouse.

The irony of this reality is not lost on me.

Phil McCrackin
Phil McCrackin
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil McCrackin 2017-01-26, 15:53

Izzo Court wrote:My one neighbor drives a Ford Aerostar and his wife drives a Dodge Neon. My other neighbor drives a Chevy Beretta. The people in the trailer across the street drive a Chevy Cavalier.

I always thought Beretta was a really cool name for a car. I mean... they named a car after a handgun. How awesome is that?

'Murica

Phil McCrackin
Phil McCrackin
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-01-26, 16:04

She drives a Toyota Camry, so no.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2017-01-26, 16:22

I know a lot of couples who drive the same car. I think several of them got better deals if they bought 2 at once. I personally don't care if the hubby and I have the same car. I don't give a shit about cars anyway. They're a terrible investment, and I'm just happy if it's reliable:
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2017-01-26, 17:12

Phil McCrackin wrote:
I.B. Fine wrote:

Keep reading... I assume the Jeep twins are coincidental. It's the neighbor that traded in his two identical X5's for two identical Macans that terrifies me. Same colors, same models, same options.

Also, they have names that rhyme. Like Mary and Gary, or Bill and Jill or Jenny and Kenny, or something like that...

They're probably serial killers.

So you are secretly attracted. They probably also have matching ball gags they may be willing to share with you.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-01-26, 17:16

The old people next door to me who are fucking vile awful terrible hateful human beings both drive Dodge Caravans. Makes zero fucking sense.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-01-26, 18:00

I'm 6'3" and my wife is 5'2".

Her version of an ideal vehicle and mine are very different.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-01-26, 18:09

Phil McCrackin wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:The nerve of those people, driving cars they like!

I'm not saying they can't do it, just that I'm going to judge them accordingly.

They're probably judging you, the nosy neighbor getting up in everybody's bidness. Every 'hood has a Gladys Kravitz, and in your's, it's you.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-01-26, 18:10

LooseGoose wrote:
Phil McCrackin wrote:

Would you drive the exact same car as your spouse? 502811600 Would you drive the exact same car as your spouse? 1486952199
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-01-26, 18:18

Phil McCrackin wrote:
Izzo Court wrote:My one neighbor drives a Ford Aerostar and his wife drives a Dodge Neon. My other neighbor drives a Chevy Beretta. The people in the trailer across the street drive a Chevy Cavalier.

I always thought Beretta was a really cool name for a car. I mean... they named a car after a handgun. How awesome is that?

'Murica

Unfortunately it wasn't made with the gun's quality. Guy I worked with had one and took it to the dealer because he was having issues with the driver side door. Thing was only a couple years old. Said he pulled into the dealer's service garage to drop it off. He opened the door and it fell off on the floor. IIRC there ended up being a recall for faulty door hinges.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-01-26, 18:20

The Pantry wrote:
Phil McCrackin wrote:

'Murica

Unfortunately it wasn't made with the gun's quality. Guy I worked with had one and took it to the dealer because he was having issues with the driver side door. Thing was only a couple years old. Said he pulled into the dealer's service garage to drop it off. He opened the door and it fell off on the floor. IIRC there ended up being a recall for faulty door hinges.

Yeah, my son had one. They were junk. But Phil is right, cool name.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-01-26, 18:31

LooseGoose wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Unfortunately it wasn't made with the gun's quality. Guy I worked with had one and took it to the dealer because he was having issues with the driver side door. Thing was only a couple years old. Said he pulled into the dealer's service garage to drop it off. He opened the door and it fell off on the floor. IIRC there ended up being a recall for faulty door hinges.

Yeah, my son had one. They were junk. But Phil is right, cool name.

Don't roll the dice if you can't pay the price.

Don't do it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-01-26, 18:52

Phil McCrackin wrote:Fast forward to this morning, and I'm walking my dog by their alley and their garage door was up and low and behold... inside are two brand new identical black Porsche Macans. One backed in, one pulled in forward. WTF?
Just fyi...there is a functional reason to that seeming garage parking madness.  It starts with tract/spec home and apartment/condo builders.  They don't build garages wide enough...cheating space from the garage to the living space.

Take another look next time their garage door is open.  You will notice the driver side of both vehicles face each other in the center of the garage.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down