Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need tips and recommendations for a password manager

4 posters

Go down

Need tips and recommendations for a password manager Empty Need tips and recommendations for a password manager

Post by tGreenWay Sat 28 Jan 2017 - 20:18

It's time. I have way too many PWs to keep track, and no matter how much I try to mask them, even keeping a couple on my phone is still a bad idea. I'm only aware of Dashlane, but that doesn't get the best reviews. Thoughts? Experiences? Credit rating?
Thanks a pantsful.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Need tips and recommendations for a password manager Empty Re: Need tips and recommendations for a password manager

Post by Floyd Robertson Sat 28 Jan 2017 - 20:46

tGreenWay wrote:It's time. I have way too many PWs to keep track, and no matter how much I try to mask them, even keeping a couple on my phone is still a bad idea.  I'm only aware of Dashlane, but that doesn't get the best reviews. Thoughts? Experiences?  Credit rating?
Thanks a pantsful.  

I personally haven't adopted one yet. The security gurus I follow on Twitter all seem to advise on LastPass. It also is the least expensive, at $12 aside from the free version.

The Best Password Managers of 2017
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Need tips and recommendations for a password manager Empty Re: Need tips and recommendations for a password manager

Post by tGreenWay Sat 28 Jan 2017 - 20:57

Floyd Robertson wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:It's time. I have way too many PWs to keep track, and no matter how much I try to mask them, even keeping a couple on my phone is still a bad idea.  I'm only aware of Dashlane, but that doesn't get the best reviews. Thoughts? Experiences?  Credit rating?
Thanks a pantsful.  

I personally haven't adopted one yet. The security gurus I follow on Twitter all seem to advise on LastPass. It also is the least expensive, at $12 aside from the free version.

Thanks. Is there a reason you haven't switched to a manager, aside from just haven't done it or I'm too cheap? Or, do those security gurus you referred to say they aren't all that great as a category?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sat 28 Jan 2017 - 21:03

tGreenWay wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Thanks. Is there a reason you haven't switched to a manager, aside from just haven't done it or I'm too cheap? Or, do those security gurus you referred to say they aren't all that great as a category?

The experts all agree they are a good thing.

Aside from those reasons you listed, I don't use one because if I forget a password, I just reset it. To me, that's no big deal. The most important things are make them long, and don't reuse passwords on multiple sites.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat 28 Jan 2017 - 21:11

Floyd Robertson wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Aside from those reasons you listed, I don't use one because if I forget a password, I just reset it. To me, that's no big deal. The most important things are make them long, and don't reuse passwords on multiple sites.

Makes sense. I find resetting can be a PITA at times. All of my PWs are long and none have names or words in them, which is why I'm ready to switch over. I'm at that age where remembering all of them is becoming a challenge.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sat 28 Jan 2017 - 21:18

tGreenWay wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Makes sense. I find resetting can be a PITA at times. All of my PWs are long and none have names or words in them, which is why I'm ready to switch over. I'm at that age where remembering all of them is becoming a challenge.  

I do have a backup method, which is a password protected Word document on a thumb drive that I only use for that purpose and only plug it in when really need it.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat 28 Jan 2017 - 22:14

Floyd Robertson wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I do have a backup method, which is a password protected Word document on a thumb drive that I only use for that purpose and only plug it in when really need it.

Need tips and recommendations for a password manager 55953254

Get it? Thumbs up. That's just the type of comedy gold that gets me invited to at least one party every couple of years.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Sat 28 Jan 2017 - 22:56

Fuck! I just had a reply. Basically, use excel, protect that file and add all your user names and passwords in there.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun 29 Jan 2017 - 1:12

InTenSity wrote:Fuck! I just had a reply. Basically, use excel, protect that file and add all your user names and passwords in there.

I'm talking about for iPhone, not my laptop or notebook.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity Sun 29 Jan 2017 - 1:16

keeper works for me
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun 29 Jan 2017 - 1:22

SeeRockCity wrote:keeper works for me

Do you keeper in Travis' pit?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun 29 Jan 2017 - 11:20

Bump for Herbie.

#chit #chat
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down