Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Design your best MSU hoops squad going back 17 years.

+10
aualum06
Tim Wakefield
CheesySpartan
Death Roe
InTenSity
Herbie Green
BleacherSwill
duffy munn
Other Teams Pursuing That
WhiteBoyHatcher
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Design your best MSU hoops squad going back 17 years.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Design your best MSU hoops squad going back 17 years.

Post by BleacherSwill 2017-01-30, 08:30

CheesySpartan wrote:
BleacherSwill wrote:Whoever you put on that recent squad I will take Jud's stars to beat them.  Proviso of course is that these were about the only star players in those years and that is why most of those teams were not very good. Izzo has recruited way more total amount of better players on the same team than all but a few other years in Spartan history. There's like 30 possible choices for an all star Izzo squad where these ten I list did not have much else on the court.

M Johnson  AA
Scott Skiles  AA
Shawn Respert  AA
Steve Smith AA
Mike Peplowlski
Match Stegeganza or the Kleevon TOrborg of the 90s.
Jay Vincent AA
Sam Vincent AA
Jamie Fieck
Kevin Willis
Eric Snow

Missed Kelser...Better be a shootout because aside from Snow is anyone going to play D? I need more balance. Plus who are the coaches? Izzo would run circles on Jud

This game would be first to 100 points. wins. Kelser started as a Spartan in about the same number of years from 1960, as the title of this thread. Hence he appears in another list.
BleacherSwill
BleacherSwill
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Design your best MSU hoops squad going back 17 years.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Design your best MSU hoops squad going back 17 years.

Post by Nordic 2017-01-30, 12:06

This team will smoke all others...

PG Mateen - No brainer. Dude willed his team to win a NC. OTPT obv ate too many gummies when he made his list.

SG Forbes - Have you all forgot how bad a shooting most of Izzo's teams have been, including our NC team? This team will have enough leaders, defenders, nut punchers and athletes... I want a pure 3-pt stroker. Forbes will have one job...come off screens and kaboom 3s.

SF Mo Pete - Lots of pure athletes to pick here, but Mo had killer instincts and can shoot.

PF Hutson - Nobody is as intense and mean as Hutson. Rebounding and jungle dunking machine. Team needs an inforcer and Hutson is the best there is.

C Payne - Long shot blocker, decent in the post... let's face it, a true post player is the one position we don't have a lot of options... and can leak out and shoot.

B1 DV - Don't love this pick, but since we have limited bench spots I will go with the "Swiss Army Knife" as WBH said. If we had more bench spots I'd probably slot in C Bell as backup SG/PG...sick defender, rebounder, leader great on the fast break and can play both spots.

B2 Bridges - So many athletic wings to put here...J-Rich, Brown... Bridges is very Shannon Brown-esk and I originally typed his name here. But Bridges is already (or close to it) a better and a more complete player than Brown was. Brown didn't have Bridges outside stroke till his Jr year and I love Bridges' smile. Always looks like he is having fun. Pure energy and an infectous attitude. I want that on my team.

B3 Day Day - Need another big. A true center option is limited. Randolph is an option, but scoring shouldn't be a problem, so he is out. Antonio Smith is a defensive and rebounding option and probably my second choice here. Day Day is small, but versatile like DV. I could put him at all 5 spots. And he won't be affraid to distribute. Also the best zone breaker there is.

Lol at the Paul Davis picks. Sure he is big and had a good career. But he was a fucking pussy, a mope and a complete dud of a personalty. I don't want that dope anywhere near my squad. He wouldn't even be in my top 20 picks.

Last edited by Nordic on 2017-01-30, 12:48; edited 1 time in total
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-01-30, 12:13

Bench picks are in no particular order...just went guard, wing, 'big'
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-01-30, 12:39

Bell also is more versatile and better ball handler and eventually became an NBA point guard. Harris is more a prototype NBA SG.Harris does not even have the edge yet in their pro careers.
But, it is close. I have to give Bell the edge in accomplishment. But does the answer change if this team is being designed to play other college fantasy teams? Now we are talking about an NBA game. Cleaves, who most everyone would consider Izzo's best PG, if not best player, couldn't hack it in the NBA.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by BleacherSwill 2017-01-30, 12:56

Herbie Green wrote:Bell also is more versatile and better ball handler and eventually became an NBA point guard. Harris is more a prototype NBA SG.Harris does not even have the edge yet in their pro careers.
But, it is close. I have to give Bell the edge in accomplishment. But does the answer change if this team is being designed to play other college fantasy teams? Now we are talking about an NBA game. Cleaves, who most everyone would consider Izzo's best PG, if not best player, couldn't hack it in the NBA.

I would give Harris the nod for outside shot and that is the only advantage he had over Charlie Bell. Bell was also a ferocious rebounder with amazing speed on the break.
BleacherSwill
BleacherSwill
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2