Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good read: I don't feel sorry for those who voted for Trump and will get buried in his bumbling

+5
NigelUno
GRR Spartan
AnomanderRake
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
9 posters

Go down

A good read:   I don't feel sorry for those who voted for Trump and will get buried in his bumbling Empty A good read: I don't feel sorry for those who voted for Trump and will get buried in his bumbling

Post by DWags 2017-03-01, 11:02

For those of you who voted for Trump and you'll be fine no matter what, that's great. But for the idiots who are actally going to be hurt by their bote, oh well, live and learn.

deal with your ignorance

"Holy mother of god, I'm tired of reading quotes from people who live in places where the local economy went to hell or Mexico in 1979, and who have spent the intervening years swallowing whatever Jesus Juice was offered up by theocratic bunco artists of the Christocentric Right, and gulping down great flagons of barely disguised hatemongering against the targets of the day, all the while voting against their own best interests, now claiming that empowering Donald Trump as the man who will "shake things up" on their behalf was the only choice they had left. You had plenty of choices left.

In Kansas, you could have declined to re-elect Sam Brownback, who'd already turned your state into a dismal Randian basket case. In Wisconsin, you had three chances to turn out Scott Walker, and several chances to get the state legislature out of his clammy hands. And, now that the teeth of this new administration are becoming plain to see, it's a good time to remind all of you that you didn't have to hand the entire federal government over to Republican vandalism, and the presidency over to an abject loon on whom Russia may well hold the paper.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

A good read:   I don't feel sorry for those who voted for Trump and will get buried in his bumbling Empty Re: A good read: I don't feel sorry for those who voted for Trump and will get buried in his bumbling

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-01, 11:11

read that earlier this morning..

I will always been perplexed by people who are duped into voting against their own interests.. I've said plenty of times right here, fear and paranoia are very strong emotions that can be easily manipulated when preyed upon.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

A good read:   I don't feel sorry for those who voted for Trump and will get buried in his bumbling Empty Re: A good read: I don't feel sorry for those who voted for Trump and will get buried in his bumbling

Post by AnomanderRake 2017-03-01, 11:22

Robert J Sakimano wrote:read that earlier this morning..

I will always been perplexed by people who are duped into voting against their own interests.. I've said plenty of times right here, fear and paranoia are very strong emotions that can be easily manipulated when preyed upon.

It's easy to be manipulated when you only read headlines of your favorite news outlets that act as giant echo chambers for your pre-existing beliefs.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-01, 11:49

AnomanderRake wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:read that earlier this morning..

It's easy to be manipulated when you only read headlines of your favorite news outlets that act as giant echo chambers for your pre-existing beliefs.
yep - and when you get your news from Facebook...

I'm not on Facebook (because I have a life) but my daughter, unfortunately, has been sucked into following certain knuckle-dragging family members.. she tells me what all they're saying and I don't know whether or laugh or cry..

mostly, I laugh.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-03-01, 11:56

Trump's conversion to beng an anti-abortion / pro-life candidate got him millions of religious /evangelical voters.

He also appealled to those who long for a simpler era where coal powered our country's factories that required manpower and panel boards rather than blue hose (ethernet cables) and robots.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-01, 12:18

GRR Spartan wrote:Trump's conversion to beng an anti-abortion / pro-life candidate got him millions of religious /evangelical voters.

He also appealled to those who long for a simpler era where coal powered our country's factories that required manpower and panel boards rather than blue hose (ethernet cables) and robots.
he's also a christian.

A good read:   I don't feel sorry for those who voted for Trump and will get buried in his bumbling 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-01, 12:36

GRR Spartan wrote:Trump's conversion to beng an anti-abortion / pro-life candidate got him millions of religious /evangelical voters.

And so far he's done what he promised, so what's the problem with that?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-01, 12:38

LooseGoose wrote:

Mexico paid for the wall already?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-01, 12:59

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Mexico paid for the wall already?

Mussolini kept the trains running too. 41 days in. I'm willing to see how the dog hunts. I want to see his budget and where he's taking it from. Goose is not a conservative, he's a republican. Trump has to take something from social security or raise revenue some kind of way. If all he's planning on is a juiced economy to pay a trillion in ifastructure raise defense save SS and cut taxes I hope it happens. Life will be great.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-01, 13:00

LooseGoose wrote:

we're more than one hour into the sexual predator's presidency... and brown people are still here.

A good read:   I don't feel sorry for those who voted for Trump and will get buried in his bumbling 2599972566
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-03-01, 13:37

DWags wrote:For those of you who voted for Trump and you'll be fine no matter what, that's great. But for the idiots who are actally going to be hurt by their bote, oh well, live and learn.

deal with your ignorance

"Holy mother of god, I'm tired of reading quotes from people who live in places where the local economy went to hell or Mexico in 1979, and who have spent the intervening years swallowing whatever Jesus Juice was offered up by theocratic bunco artists of the Christocentric Right, and gulping down great flagons of barely disguised hatemongering against the targets of the day, all the while voting against their own best interests, now claiming that empowering Donald Trump as the man who will "shake things up" on their behalf was the only choice they had left. You had plenty of choices left.

In Kansas, you could have declined to re-elect Sam Brownback, who'd already turned your state into a dismal Randian basket case. In Wisconsin, you had three chances to turn out Scott Walker, and several chances to get the state legislature out of his clammy hands. And, now that the teeth of this new administration are becoming plain to see, it's a good time to remind all of you that you didn't have to hand the entire federal government over to Republican vandalism, and the presidency over to an abject loon on whom Russia may well hold the paper.

where is the author from? atlanta?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2017-03-01, 13:45

Is this sort of like the blacks that voted for Obama, only to see every quality of life measurement for that group go down under his watch?

Trump is a true man of the people. Long live Trump!
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2017-03-01, 14:22

So who do we give the authority to determine which laws we enforce and which we ignore? Politicians? A good read:   I don't feel sorry for those who voted for Trump and will get buried in his bumbling 502811600
I always believed if you felt a law was unjust, you work to change it, not ignore it just because someone makes good burritos. While I can feel sympathy for the guy in the story, he should have known it was always a possibility.
Our immigration system has been screwed up for decades, and ignoring it hasn't seemed to solve the problem.
We need logical, legal immigration with people that want to be here and become Americans, instead we have this multi-cultural bullshit system that creates a lower class group that can easily be taken advantage of by both sides of the political spectrum and they have!
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-03-01, 15:17

LooseGoose wrote:

Spoken like a true believer whose family were immigrants themselves.

Good enough for my people and their religion then but not yours and your religion now.

'Merica What a country.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-03-01, 15:21

Do any of you know the minimum cost to become a citizen?
Hint, it isn't $50.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-01, 15:37

DWags wrote:For those of you who voted for Trump and you'll be fine no matter what, that's great. But for the idiots who are actally going to be hurt by their bote, oh well, live and learn.
deal with your ignorance

It's good to read a bitter rant about how everyone else is a loser from a bitter loser. Lynn Henning retweets Pierce's stuff all the time, he's a very unhappy man.

It's revealing when the mask of "caring and compassion" falls and the true feelings of our "betters" are bared for all to see.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-01, 17:51

LooseGoose wrote:
deal with your ignorance

It's good to read a bitter rant about how everyone else is a loser from a bitter loser. Lynn Henning retweets Pierce's stuff all the time, he's a very unhappy man.

It's revealing when the mask of "caring and compassion" falls and the true feelings of our "betters" are bared for all to see.

We've already seen the panic from miners in West Virginia. I'm just here for the entertainment
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-01, 18:33

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

We've already seen the panic from miners in West Virginia. I'm just here for the entertainment

Agreed. There's nothing more entertaining than human suffering. The Romans showed us that in the Colosseum.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-01, 18:39

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:

Agreed. There's nothing more entertaining than human suffering.

At their own hand too. At least the christians didn't do it to themselves. This would be like if the romans were dumb ass enough to jump in with nobody forcing them.

Now about the Syrian refugees the right doesn't give a shit about.

Last edited by DWags on 2017-03-01, 19:26; edited 1 time in total
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-03-01, 19:21

The folks who voter for Trump wanted to end abortion, believed his bullshit about bringing dying industires back like coal mining, coal powered energy plants and assembly jobs. Then there is a segment whose hate for everything Clinton was their sole reason to vote. Its incredible how being the target of criticism regardless if some of it wasn't warranted for 30 years can do.

Kumbaya? Kiss my ass.
I hope every Democrat can be as a big an asshole as Trump was campaigning.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-03-02, 08:48

deal with your ignorance

Arent these the same blue collar folks you went on a self important rant about telling me how wonderful midwesterners are? and now you don't even understand them?

jebsus dude, seek help. you obviously are struggling to cope
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-03-02, 08:48

deal with your ignorance

Arent these the same blue collar folks you went on a self important rant about telling me how wonderful midwesterners are? and now you don't even understand them?

jebsus dude, seek help. you obviously are struggling to cope
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-03-02, 08:50

The_Dude wrote:Is this sort of like the blacks that voted for Obama, only to see every quality of life measurement for that group go down under his watch?

Trump is a true man of the people. Long live Trump!

mic drop. can't wait to read bob response to this, but he wont because he now "has a life "
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-03-02, 08:52

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Agreed. There's nothing more entertaining than human suffering.

At their own hand too. At least the christians didn't do it to themselves. This would be like if the romans were dumb ass enough to jump in with nobody forcing them.

Now about the Syrian refugees the right doesn't give a shit about.

lol. like the left ever truly cared for the Sudanese either. you are so basic man!
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-03-02, 08:53

GRR Spartan wrote:The folks who voter for Trump wanted to end abortion, believed his bullshit about bringing dying industires back like coal mining, coal powered energy plants and assembly jobs. Then there is a segment whose hate for everything Clinton was their sole reason to vote. Its incredible how being the target of criticism regardless if some of it wasn't warranted for 30 years can do.

Kumbaya? Kiss my ass.
I hope every Democrat can be as a big an asshole as Trump was campaigning.

you dont watch the news or read the papers i take it
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-03-02, 08:58

Starting to get the impression nobody here thinks what Blanch say on any Swill board is worth the effort of a response.

Wonder how many of my Born Again neighbors who voted for Trump are giving Flynn and now Sessions passes for lying?  

Maybe that commandment was waved the day Sessions was testifying under oath in his confirmation hearing.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-02, 12:10

Yep, that coal country is dead as a doornail.

Coal mining begins seeing revival as Trump gives industry hope

Wise County, Virginia – A long-awaited revival is under way in this beleaguered Central Appalachia community where residents see coal as the once and future king.

Trucks are running again. Miners working seven days a week cannot keep up with current demand. Coal mines, long dormant after the industry’s collapse, are now buzzing again with antlike activity.

“We load coal every day for the power plant in Virginia City,” explained Rick, a long-time supervisor for a major local operation who did not want to give his last name. “There's one shipment a week for Georgia Power, and one for Tennessee Eastman.”

The past month has seen a resurgence of the coal industry that once formed the backbone of the region's economy, and locals credit President Trump's aggressive, pro-energy agenda.

Crippled by a slew of factors, from changing times, an emphasis on renewable energy, and the Obama administration's harsh penalties on coal-fired power plants, the area's economy took a devastating hit over the past eight years. Many of the people living in these mountains had nearly given up hope that the area could ever recover.

Golly gee....it's almost as if when you stop trying to kill an industry that it does better.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-02, 12:46

cheers cheers cheers

I love this. Trump himself wants increased drilling for natural gas, and thank god the wifey socked away so much of her paycheck when she lobbied for that industry. Yum yum, natural gas will bury coal, but Trump is so damn eager to rip away any restrictions for drilling digging and pumping that the prices of energy are going to low as hell. Where does that leave coal? A good read:   I don't feel sorry for those who voted for Trump and will get buried in his bumbling 502811600

Natural gas has hit an all time high in production last year or the year before. It's not a thing about dirty or clean at this point, it's a thing about cheap and efficient. In order for the coal mines to really comeback you'll need a shit load of cooperation out of industry officials who jointly decide they will use coal instead of natural gas. Can that happen? Sure. But even Hoover's pals who went to the white house and promised Hoover they'd not lay off workers and work together to curtail the economic slow down got back to their office and said "you know what? fuck it"
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-03-02, 12:54

Coal is making a comeback?

I guess its possible if the Trump version of the EPA waives regulations from the last 20 years.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-02, 12:56

GRR Spartan wrote:Coal is making a comeback?

I guess its possible if the Trump version of the EPA waives regulations from the last 20 years.

Catch 22. Waive regulations, make it easier to get gas and oil out of the ground. Cheap clean easy natural gas.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-03-02, 13:03

LooseGoose wrote:

Wise County, Virginia – A long-awaited revival is under way in this beleaguered Central Appalachia community where residents see coal as the once and future king.

Trucks are running again. Miners working seven days a week cannot keep up with current demand. Coal mines, long dormant after the industry’s collapse, are now buzzing again with antlike activity.

“We load coal every day for the power plant in Virginia City,” explained Rick, a long-time supervisor for a major local operation who did not want to give his last name. “There's one shipment a week for Georgia Power, and one for Tennessee Eastman.”

The past month has seen a resurgence of the coal industry that once formed the backbone of the region's economy, and locals credit President Trump's aggressive, pro-energy agenda.

Crippled by a slew of factors, from changing times, an emphasis on renewable energy, and the Obama administration's harsh penalties on coal-fired power plants, the area's economy took a devastating hit over the past eight years. Many of the people living in these mountains had nearly given up hope that the area could ever recover.

Golly gee....it's almost as if when you stop trying to kill an industry that it does better.

A good read:   I don't feel sorry for those who voted for Trump and will get buried in his bumbling Giphy
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2017-03-02, 14:02

America first Wags.

Americans for American jobs.

I know it makes the left mad.

Deal with it brah. We now have a POTUS that is fighting hard for America and it's citizens instead of a guy who said 'you didn't build that.'

What a horrid time to be a Democrat. Fractured party. No young leaders. About to lose even more power in the mid terms.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-02, 14:15

LooseGoose wrote:

Any other reason for the uptick, or did you just skip over that part?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-02, 14:38

Hmmm...

China’s Coal-Market Reforms Fuel Rebound in Prices
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-03-03, 12:19

Comrade Goose knows
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down