Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Micah Hyde - Dantonio's Biggest Miss?

+9
Cameron
The_Dude
Vlad
kingstonlake
DWags
Clarett's Folly
MattyFresh
Tim Wakefield
Floyd Robertson
13 posters

Go down

Micah Hyde - Dantonio's Biggest Miss? Empty Micah Hyde - Dantonio's Biggest Miss?

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-03-16, 06:28

Driving into work this morning I heard that Micah Hyde left Green Bay and signed with Buffalo, five year deal averaging $6.1 mil a year with active game bonuses and all that, if he lasts the full five years.

That got me thinking, is Micah Hyde Dantonio's biggest whiff? Not guys that that Dantonio signed and were busts, but guys that would very likely have come to MSU if offered?

His last three years at Iowa he averaged like 75 tackles a season and had eight ints. As a Packer, eight more ints in his last three years and three punt return TDs.

The 2009 class had Darqueze, Dana Dixon, Jairus Jones and Patrick White projected as S/CB. I remember Micah saying he waiting for an offer from Dantonio, and settled on Iowa because his only other offers were Ball State, Ohio, Miami (OH) and Toledo. So, was there a bigger miss than Micah?

Should we blame Marcus that he forgot how to tackle as Sr?

Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Micah Hyde - Dantonio's Biggest Miss? Empty Re: Micah Hyde - Dantonio's Biggest Miss?

Post by Tim Wakefield 2017-03-16, 07:14

I think I read somewhere that we only offered Tevin Coleman as a DB. He wanted a shot at RB so he went to IU. Correct me if I'm wrong
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Micah Hyde - Dantonio's Biggest Miss? Empty Re: Micah Hyde - Dantonio's Biggest Miss?

Post by MattyFresh 2017-03-16, 08:26

Micah Hyde is good, yup thats true on Coleman, we stopped recruiting kids after getting commitments from other kids which ended up sucking. Luke Kuechly... we took Tyquan Hammock's commitment after Kuechly's visit the same weekend... i was there man. Did I know Luke would be amazing... no. When we landed Trae Waynes from Kenosha, WI we also had large interest from his teammate... Melvin Gordon but took local Lansing Sexton product Onaje Miller and the rest is history. We took Damion Terry over Mitch Trubisky, they were the top 2 Qb's on our board but the staff was huge on Delton Williams too.

I can't remember the Desmond King story but I realllllly wanted him but someone had a better camp and we took him, can't remember who
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2017-03-16, 09:14

Eric Fisher?
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-03-16, 09:38

Clarett's Folly wrote:Eric Fisher?
Not sure if he was recruited... but if we're going that route, lets add in any star that went to Western and Central... Antonio Brown and Corey Davis ffs... how about JJ Watt
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-16, 09:41

I'm more pissed at Ted Thompson. WTF is he doing to the Packers?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-03-16, 09:46

If he wasn't a five star he was shit.

Sincerely,

tSwill recruiting experts.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2017-03-16, 09:53

MattyFresh wrote:Micah Hyde is good, yup thats true on Coleman, we stopped recruiting kids after getting commitments from other kids which ended up sucking. Luke Kuechly... we took Tyquan Hammock's commitment after Kuechly's visit the same weekend... i was there man. Did I know Luke would be amazing... no. When we landed Trae Waynes from Kenosha, WI we also had large interest from his teammate... Melvin Gordon but took local Lansing Sexton product Onaje Miller and the rest is history. We took Damion Terry over Mitch Trubisky, they were the top 2 Qb's on our board but the staff was huge on Delton Williams too.

I can't remember the Desmond King story but I realllllly wanted him but someone had a better camp and we took him, can't remember who

Based solely on this post I will say that, no, Micah Hyde is not the biggest miss of the Dantonio era.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-03-16, 09:58

Clarett's Folly wrote:
MattyFresh wrote:Micah Hyde is good, yup thats true on Coleman, we stopped recruiting kids after getting commitments from other kids which ended up sucking. Luke Kuechly... we took Tyquan Hammock's commitment after Kuechly's visit the same weekend... i was there man. Did I know Luke would be amazing... no. When we landed Trae Waynes from Kenosha, WI we also had large interest from his teammate... Melvin Gordon but took local Lansing Sexton product Onaje Miller and the rest is history. We took Damion Terry over Mitch Trubisky, they were the top 2 Qb's on our board but the staff was huge on Delton Williams too.

Based solely on this post I will say that, no, Micah Hyde is not the biggest miss of the Dantonio era.

Yeah, that's good stuff from Matty. I remember the Gordon thing now that Matty brings it up, but none of the others, which is why I asked.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad 2017-03-16, 10:07

Too many misses to keep track of.
Vlad
Vlad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2017-03-16, 10:12

Packers losing good players this off season. If Lions draft defense first two rounds they could make some real noise with their free agent signings.

Let's hope Charlton or Barnett fall to the Lions. Probably not though.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2017-03-16, 10:16

Vlad wrote:Too many misses to keep track of.

Move the conversation forward. Who is the biggest miss?
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-03-16, 10:18

Yeah tbh we all thought we got the better QB (he was higher rated).  Luke was from St. Xavier(Cinci, OH) and we were high or tops on his list. The Onaje Miller shit sucks, didn't that kid end up in tPrison?
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-03-16, 10:21

The premise was guys that wanted to come to MSU but we had no interest in. I doubt there are "too many" to keep track of.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2017-03-16, 10:27

Floyd Robertson wrote:

The premise was guys that wanted to come to MSU but we had no interest in. I doubt there are "too many" to keep track of.

I knew when I read the first post that someone was going to misunderstand where you were going with this.

Easy criteria; In-state kid who went to a school on-par or lesser than MSU (Eric Fisher is a perfect example), or a kid from any state who MSU had interest in but just never offered for one reason or another (or who they offered but took another player instead).

I tend not to count guys like Antonio Brown or JJ Watt because, to my knowledge, we never offered these guys. They are no more of a miss than Lamar Jackson is.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-03-16, 16:26

DWags wrote:I'm more pissed at Ted Thompson. WTF is he doing to the Packers?

This. Can't afford attrition in the secondary, and Hyde was one of the only guys that could stay on the field back there last year. At least there's still HaHa. Adding Bennett should be good for the offense, but I'm worried about that defense next year. O-line keeps losing guys too.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-03-16, 16:53

Don't get me started DWags!!!
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-03-16, 16:53

Cameron wrote:

This. Can't afford attrition in the secondary, and Hyde was one of the only guys that could stay on the field back there last year. At least there's still HaHa. Adding Bennett should be good for the offense, but I'm worried about that defense next year. O-line keeps losing guys too.

Your a Packer fan? How did I miss that?
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-03-16, 17:01

Clarett's Folly wrote:

Move the conversation forward. Who is the biggest miss?

Conversation? I thought we were just trolling for Vlad.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-03-16, 17:02

CheesySpartan wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Your a Packer fan?  How did I miss that?

Hey dickheads, this is a Falcons board.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-16, 17:04

JJ Watt
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-03-16, 17:05

For me it was Mark Ingram. I thought he was going to be redic good (I watched his tape!) and of course the legacy angle. Still pisses me off when I see "the home of Heisman Trophy winner Mark Ingram" on I-75.

Not sure this one qualifies for the criteria set in the OP.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-03-16, 17:13

Nordic wrote:For me it was Mark Ingram.  I thought he was going to be redic good (I watched his tape!) and of course the legacy angle. Still pisses me off when I see "the home of Heisman Trophy winner Mark Ingram" on I-75.

Not sure this one qualifies for the criteria set in the OP.

we're not talking about when we get out slush funded by Bama$, $cUM or o$u
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-03-16, 17:17

CheesySpartan wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Your a Packer fan? How did I miss that?

Not sure. I've mentioned it before, but I don't post about the NFL all that much.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-16, 17:25

CheesySpartan wrote:

Don't get me started DWags!!!

Just got a tweet "C-" packers free agency. Asshole thinks Rodgers can carry them.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-03-16, 18:43

Micah Hyde was a 6'1" 170# NR dual threat QB whose only Big Ten offer was Iowa. He had 6 MAC offers.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/23630
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down