Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official knuckle dragging climate denier thread

+7
Rocinante
Robert J Sakimano
GRR Spartan
WhiteBoyHatcher
Other Teams Pursuing That
Watch Out Pylon!
AnomanderRake
11 posters

Go down

Official knuckle dragging climate denier thread Empty Official knuckle dragging climate denier thread

Post by AnomanderRake Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 15:18

I figured since Comrade Goosechev has a thread where he just posts random climate denier propaganda, the enlightened among us could have our own thread.

I'll kick it off with this gem of supreme intellectual capacity, Sen. James Inhofe (R-Okla.). This dude literally brought a snowball onto the Senate floor as proof that climate change is a hoax. You would not be surprised that his largest campaign donors belong to the oil and gas industry.

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/324252-gop-sen-epa-brainwashing-our-kids

Last edited by AnomanderRake on Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 15:33; edited 1 time in total
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Official knuckle dragging climate denier thread Empty Re: Official knuckle dragging climate denier thread

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 15:27

https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Official knuckle dragging climate denier thread Empty Re: Official knuckle dragging climate denier thread

Post by AnomanderRake Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 21:31

Atmospheric CO2 levels in PPM (parts per million). While CO2 may not be a "pollutant" in the traditional sense, it does contribute directly to the greenhouse effect.

Official knuckle dragging climate denier thread Co2_data_mlo

Official knuckle dragging climate denier thread Co2_data_mlo_anngr
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 22:53

Lmao that snowball story has to be fake news
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 22:56

I'm not into it. I don't follow it, admittedly. Willfully ignorant. I just don't get what is gained by consciously *NOT* trying to ruin the Earth. Why is that a thing that people fight for? Because they hate "libs"? If I were an alien I think I would laugh at how stupid the human race is.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 16 Mar 2017 - 22:57

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm not into it. I don't follow it, admittedly. Willfully ignorant. I just don't get what is gained by consciously *NOT* trying to ruin the Earth. Why is that a thing that people fight for? Because they hate "libs"? If I were an alien I think I would laugh at how stupid the human race is.

Something something tax payer $?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake Fri 17 Mar 2017 - 6:36

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm not into it. I don't follow it, admittedly. Willfully ignorant. I just don't get what is gained by consciously *NOT* trying to ruin the Earth. Why is that a thing that people fight for? Because they hate "libs"? If I were an alien I think I would laugh at how stupid the human race is.

They're brainwashed by Republican propaganda, paid for by the fossil fuel industry, into thinking that renewable energy kills jobs and destroys the free market. Except renewable energy has created more jobs than Trump could ever bring back to the coal industry, which was actually killed by another fossil fuel industry known as natural gas (fracking).

The free market angle is bullshit as well since the fossil fuel industry has been tax payer subsidized for decades which Republicans were fine with. God forbid we fucking spend our tax dollars on developing energy technologies/industries that are better for the environment, cheaper over the long term, and will position the US as an energy super power for the next century.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri 17 Mar 2017 - 10:47

https://www.reddit.com/r/NeutralPolitics/comments/5zlulo/what_policies_have_proven_effective_enough_in/

Someone here tipped me off to this Neutral Politics page on Reddit. It's a very refreshing change of pace to this board.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake Fri 17 Mar 2017 - 11:03

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/NeutralPolitics/comments/5zlulo/what_policies_have_proven_effective_enough_in/

Someone here tipped me off to this Neutral Politics page on Reddit. It's a very refreshing change of pace to this board.

That was me! I'm glad at least one person has been reading their discussions. I may or may not get a lot of my information from there... Their recent discussions on healthcare and the budget proposals have been really informative.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri 17 Mar 2017 - 11:05

AnomanderRake wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:https://www.reddit.com/r/NeutralPolitics/comments/5zlulo/what_policies_have_proven_effective_enough_in/

That was me! I'm glad at least one person has been reading their discussions. I may or may not get a lot of my information from there... Their recent discussions on healthcare and the budget proposals have been really informative.

Official knuckle dragging climate denier thread 969504605
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Fri 17 Mar 2017 - 11:49

In the recent past everything that is a result of climate change, from the rapidly retreating glaciers on the US/Candian border, exploding pine beetle population due to lack of sustained sub-freezing temp in the Rockies to north and west migration of duram wheat planting in the plains states has been explained away as recent history has no scientific explanation.

Sad fact is Big Oil took lessons from the tobacco industry on how to find some scientists to support opinions favorable to their industry and market the hell out of it.

On US shores candidate Trump questioned the validity of climate change data while the Trump golf course in Ireland was requesting permission to build sea walls to stop erosion resulting from higher ocean levels.

That's life in Trumplandia.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri 17 Mar 2017 - 13:28

GRR Spartan wrote:In the recent past everything that is a result of climate change, from the rapidly retreating glaciers on the US/Candian border, exploding pine beetle population due to lack of sustained sub-freezing temp in the Rockies to north and west migration of duram wheat planting in the plains states has been explained away as recent history has no scientific explanation.

Sad fact is Big Oil took lessons from the tobacco industry on how to find some scientists to support opinions favorable to their industry and market the hell out of it.

On US shores candidate Trump questioned the validity of climate change data while the Trump golf course in Ireland was requesting permission to build sea walls to stop erosion resulting from higher ocean levels.

That's life in Trumplandia.

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Dec 2018 - 19:36

I remember when all the bad weather and tornadoes were a result of global warming.

2018 will be the first year with no violent tornadoes in the United States

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sun 30 Dec 2018 - 20:05

LooseGoose wrote:I remember when all the bad weather and tornadoes were a result of global warming.

2018 will be the first year with no violent tornadoes in the United States

thanks for the mainstream media link.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sun 30 Dec 2018 - 20:38

I thought this was a strict don't post dumb shit thread?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Sun 30 Dec 2018 - 23:13

People who are going to dead before the worst of climate change happens should shut the fuck up and let people who will actually be here do what they think is best.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun 30 Dec 2018 - 23:16

Rocinante wrote:People who are going to dead before the worst of climate change happens should shut the fuck up and let people who will actually be here do what they think is best.
Yeah my man shutting the fuck up about issues that don’t interest them isn’t really in their wheelhouse.

Did you hear that a school in New York might change to unisex bathrooms tho????
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 31 Dec 2018 - 8:20

Rocinante wrote:People who are going to dead before the worst of climate change happens should shut the fuck up and let people who will actually be here do what they think is best.
to be fair, Goose is also "pro life" but doesn't have a problem with brown children dying in US custody.

So.. yeah.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 31 Dec 2018 - 8:24

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
to be fair, Goose is also "pro life" but doesn't have a problem with brown children dying in US custody.

So.. yeah.

That’s not just Goose but most of the God fearing Christians don’t give a shit about dead brown babies or keeping those in need at arms length. Or just turning your back to them and shunning them altogether. Things Jesus has taught them.

Like most of them, I can’t wait for the Rapture.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 31 Dec 2018 - 11:33

If I'm alive I'll be laughing and laughing as the cooling begins over the next few years. Of course the "settled science" people will attribute the cooling to warming.

[tw]1079480117779415041[/tw]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon 31 Dec 2018 - 12:33

LooseGoose wrote:If I'm alive I'll be laughing and laughing as the cooling begins over the next few years. Of course the "settled science" people will attribute the cooling to warming.

I don’t know, let’s disregard the science that lead us to believe smoking or coal dust leads to bad shit happening to our lungs. Let’s disregard what happened to Lake Erie and pretend pollution wasn’t the problem with that lake. Let’s disregard three mile island and that radiation leak Let’s say we don’t know shit about the science that proved all of that is bad for the environment and ourselves. Let’s say 99% of the scientists who think the above mentioned stuff is bad based on their research and cross check. Let’s just say themat we don’t give a rats ass what they’ve “discovered” based on their research. I’m all for that. Fuck them.

But now let’s just ask each other if we’d like to inhale coal dust or maybe not do that, or let’s say would we rather plants in the 60’s and 70’s maybe not just dump the sludge in Lake Erie or say they maybe can cause it’s not a big deal to us. Or let’s say fuck the safeguards at nuclear plants or maybe chose to have them. What choices as a logical educated person do we make?

If I have to pay 25 cents a gallon more or my Tuna costs 33 cents more per can or my light bill goes up ten bucks a month, and maybe have to be taxed a bit more to help others reach that, is it asking to much? Is it really a bad deal to hedge our bet and maybe think the science is right? If we’re wrong or relatives can laugh at our stupidity.

I don’t know what science says about the ozone and climate is right. I never read one study about smoking and lung damage or how pollution killed off rivers and lakes. However, it makes sense that maybe it could. And when I have over 90% of the scientific community agreeing that the shit is bad for my lungs and rivers and lakes, I’d have to be a special kind of stubborn stupid to cling onto a handful of guys who say “no worries, those other guys are fucked up and don’t believe the logic you’re born with”

I’m actually envious you’re able to think that way goose. I don’t know how it’s possible. But there you are. With about 35% of other Americans who can do that too.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon 31 Dec 2018 - 13:03

LooseGoose wrote:If I'm alive I'll be laughing and laughing as the cooling begins over the next few years.  Of course the "settled science" people will attribute the cooling to warming.

Why are you so willfully ignorant?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 31 Dec 2018 - 21:21

LooseGoose wrote:If I'm alive I'll be laughing and laughing as the cooling begins over the next few years. Of course the "settled science" people will attribute the cooling to warming.

thanks for the mainstream media tweet.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 20 Jun 2019 - 18:45

Is this guy a denier?

Oregon state Sen. Brian Boquist (R) on Wednesday suggested that he would shoot state troopers if Gov. Kate Brown (D) sends them to round-up Republican lawmakers denying Democrats the quorum to vote on a climate bill.

“This is what I told the superintendent,” Boquist said, referring to OSP Superintendent Travis Hampton. “Send bachelors and come heavily armed. I’m not going to be a political prisoner in the state of Oregon. It’s just that simple.”

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/449566-republican-lawmaker-suggests-he-would-shoot-state-troopers-if-sent-to?fbclid=IwAR2S8ztz0HzZNu88vOzuY7ODBt3jNkGT-jaKpA-9J_2K4id51GqJ_bLEGLM
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon 30 Mar 2020 - 14:34

Seriously, what a f'in butthead.

[tw]1244690879253790720[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down