Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suppose the USWNHT Never Played Another Game

+2
DWags
Floyd Robertson
6 posters

Go down

Suppose the USWNHT Never Played Another Game Empty Suppose the USWNHT Never Played Another Game

Post by Floyd Robertson 16/03/17, 05:46 pm

USA Hockey gives women deadline on threatened boycott

Would anyone really know, or care?

The two sides are at a stalemate in contract talks that began 14 months ago. They have a deep divide over whether the girls' and women's programs are treated equitably compared even to the boys' developmental teams. (The men's U.S. national team for Olympic competitions is typically made up of NHL players, making comparisons with the women's senior national team's treatment difficult.)

The federation and players also disagree on issues as fundamental as the amount of aid the players receive -- the federation insists the figure is higher than the players reported -- to whether it matters if the compensation and aid comes from the federation or U.S. Olympic Committee.

Nobody's running out buying USWNHT gear even after six of the last championships. This isn't a Title IX thing.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Suppose the USWNHT Never Played Another Game Empty Re: Suppose the USWNHT Never Played Another Game

Post by DWags 16/03/17, 07:30 pm

No, but if the women's soccer team did it, they'd notice.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Suppose the USWNHT Never Played Another Game Empty Re: Suppose the USWNHT Never Played Another Game

Post by Floyd Robertson 16/03/17, 07:40 pm

DWags wrote:No, but if the women's soccer team did it, they'd notice.

There's been talk of them going on strike as well. People would take take notice.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 16/03/17, 07:48 pm

I took a couple of classes with a woman who loved playing hockey, and she was damn near supermodel hot. 5'10" with great breasts and legs, plus she was ridiculously smart. Maybe I'll creep her on Facebook.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 16/03/17, 08:08 pm

If the US wants to put a woman's team on the ice for Olympics they'd probably be wise to try to meet. Hockey USA doesn't want to only send a men's team.
Terrible optics.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 16/03/17, 08:21 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:
DWags wrote:No, but if the women's soccer team did it, they'd notice.

There's been talk of them going on strike as well. People would take take notice.

I don't know if this is sacrilige or not, but I'd go as far as saying women's soccer in the U.S. is probably a bigger brand name then men's. Maybe I'm off base here, but I think it's right there at minimum.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 16/03/17, 08:25 pm

DWags wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

I don't know if this is sacrilige or not, but I'd go as far as saying women's soccer in the U.S. is probably a bigger brand name then men's. Maybe I'm off base here, but I think it's right there at minimum.

I definitely agree. As unscientific evidence I could probably name as many as five women's soccer players. Not a single guy from the men's team, though.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 17/03/17, 08:16 am

We have a national women's hockey team? Cool.

Back when I played hockey we had a girl on our beer league team that used to play for Western. Maybe not the very best player on the team, but holy shit could she throw a check. It was a non checking league. She led the team in penalties. Yes, she was a lesbian.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 17/03/17, 10:17 am

tGreenWay wrote:I took a couple of classes with a woman who loved playing hockey, and she was damn near supermodel hot. 5'10" with great breasts and legs, plus she was ridiculously smart. Maybe I'll creep her on Facebook.

I played for the Capital Center Pride Midget Major team when I was 16ish and there was a u18 girls team and I dated one of the girls, great quad strength and ass... phew good lord... Facebook stalked her just now she's still fine as hell but married with a daughter... would still bang
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 17/03/17, 10:43 am

MattyFresh wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:I took a couple of classes with a woman who loved playing hockey, and she was damn near supermodel hot. 5'10" with great breasts and legs, plus she was ridiculously smart. Maybe I'll creep her on Facebook.

I played for the Capital Center Pride Midget Major team when I was 16ish and there was a u18 girls team and I dated one of the girls, great quad strength and ass... phew good lord... Facebook stalked her just now she's still fine as hell but married with a daughter... would still bang

When I was in Bantam in Southfield back in '73-74 one of our goalies was a girl. Not hot, but maybe she got hot later. Anyway, her participation caused such a ruckus that one of the local TV stations came out to do a report during one of our practices. Film at 11, as they say. It was one of the only two times that I know of that I've been on TV. Beautiful footage of me wristing a five-holer past her from the top of the left face-off circle. He shoots, he scooooorrrrresss.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down