Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Back to the Future the best movie trilogy, ever?

+20
Dr. Strangelove
Death Roe
AnomanderRake
MSU addict
duffy munn
Floyd Robertson
Triple Sparty
Blanch32
DWags
MiamiSpartan
InTenSity
WhiteBoyHatcher
tGreenWay
CORNER BLITZ
Clarett's Folly
Cameron
aualum06
Grima Wormtongue
MattyFresh
The Pantry
24 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Is Back to the Future the best movie trilogy, ever? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Back to the Future the best movie trilogy, ever?

Post by Cameron 2017-03-25, 08:29

Nolan's Batmans get an honorable mention. If the first one was a little better, that trilogy would deserve more consideration.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Is Back to the Future the best movie trilogy, ever? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Back to the Future the best movie trilogy, ever?

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-03-25, 10:59

Toy Story was a strong mention.

Die Hard would have been as well but it wasn't a trilogy, there were like 17 of them, with each one seemingly getting worse. I did like the first 3, 3 more so than 2.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2017-03-25, 11:18

Naked Gun
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-03-25, 11:21

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Toy Story was a strong mention.

Die Hard would have been as well but it wasn't a trilogy, there were like 17 of them, with each one seemingly getting worse. I did like the first 3, 3 more so than 2.
Really?  This is classic

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-03-25, 11:33

no mention of American pie? this series transcended culture!!
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-03-25, 11:35

DWags wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Love Clint movies, but count 'em:

Dirty Harry
Magnum Force
The Enforcer
Sudden Impact
The Dead Pool

So, I might be wrong, but you know what really makes me sick? Watching you punks put catsup on a hot dog, nobody puts catsup on a hot dog

WTF was that substance then when I took it out of your ass?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2017-03-25, 11:50

No love for the man with no name?

The "Dollars Trilogy" - A Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, and The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-03-25, 11:51

Is blanch getting worse? It seems like he is, right? Maybe it's just me...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-03-25, 12:22

MSU addict wrote:No love for the man with no name?

The "Dollars Trilogy" - A Fistful of Dollars, For a Few Dollars More, and The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.
Is Back to the Future the best movie trilogy, ever? - Page 2 969504605
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2017-03-25, 15:52

The Matrix?

JK the 3rd movie was trash, gonna have to second The Lord of the Rings as my personal favorite but Toy Story and Christopher Nolan's Batman trilogy are close 2nd and 3rd.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-03-25, 16:10

The Dark Knight Trilogy

End of thread.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-03-25, 17:06

Death Roe wrote:The Dark Knight Trilogy

End of thread.
If you wanna throw shit like that out I'll go with the Blade series
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-03-25, 17:12

BTTF series running on VH1 now Is Back to the Future the best movie trilogy, ever? - Page 2 502811600
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-03-25, 17:22

If they had only made the third Grumpy Old Men movie we'd all be able to agree on something for once.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-03-25, 17:25

Floyd Robertson wrote:If they had only made the third Grumpy Old Men movie we'd all be able to agree on something for once.

This. /endthread
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2017-03-25, 17:27

The Pantry wrote:

End of thread.

Yes. Blade is badass
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2017-03-25, 18:14

Those fuckin' hobbit movies were boring as hell. All it was, was a bunch of people walking, three movies of people walking to a fucking volcano.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-03-25, 18:19

Cameron wrote:Is blanch getting worse? It seems like he is, right? Maybe it's just me...
yea your obession for me is only getting worse
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2017-03-25, 21:32

It's not a trilogy yet, but John Wick will catapult to the top of the list when the 3rd comes out

CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake 2017-03-25, 21:57

CORNER BLITZ wrote:It's not a trilogy yet, but John Wick will catapult to the top of the list when the 3rd comes out

If the 3rd movie holds to the same standard as the first 2, I am 100% with you. The first 2 films are 2 of my all time favorite action movies. John Wick, nostalgia aside for older films, is one of the best action movies ever made.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-03-25, 21:59

CORNER BLITZ wrote:It's not a trilogy yet, but John Wick will catapult to the top of the list when the 3rd comes out

This will be universal fact.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-03-25, 22:03

The Pantry wrote:

End of thread.

Shut your mouth!

All hail Nolan.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-03-25, 22:06

We just need Michael Ovitz to make up with Seagal and make Under Siege III and thread can legitimately be locked.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-03-25, 22:10

Death Roe wrote:
The Pantry wrote:If you wanna throw shit like that out I'll go with the Blade series

Shut your mouth!

All hail Nolan.

The first one was fine, the second was good, the third was atrocious. It has no business being discussed here. You're wrong. Deal with it.

The right answer is Godfather. Not that it's better than that but I reject the notion that since there are other movies that Star Wars doesn't count in this discussion. That's stupid.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-25, 23:00

The 1st 3 Bourne movies are ok to watch repeatedly when bored.

TNT is about to show I & II
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-03-25, 23:05

Love Bourne.

AMC right now, GFII in full swing.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Triple Sparty 2017-03-25, 23:20

How many men in blacks are there?
Triple Sparty
Triple Sparty
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-26, 00:24

Blanch32 wrote:
DWags wrote:

So, I might be wrong, but you know what really makes me sick? Watching you punks put catsup on a hot dog, nobody puts catsup on a hot dog

WTF was that substance then when I took it out of your ass?
I don't know, what did it taste like?

Last edited by DWags on 2017-03-26, 07:43; edited 1 time in total
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-03-26, 01:22

About 90 min in to GF3 right now. It's not terrible thus far. Just slow. Been at least a decade since I tried to watch this.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-03-26, 01:35

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Death Roe wrote:

Shut your mouth!

All hail Nolan.

The first one was fine, the second was good, the third was atrocious. It has no business being discussed here. You're wrong. Deal with it.

The right answer is Godfather. Not that it's better than that but I reject the notion that since there are other movies that Star Wars doesn't count in this discussion. That's stupid.

You thought The Dark Knight Rises was atrocious? Are you being serious right now? This is serious, be serious.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-03-26, 01:39

I'm not a super hero guy but I thought the one with the Joker/Heath Ledger was the worst of the 3. He might have played a good part, but imo it was overstated due to his untimely death. And it dragged on, it was too long, a bit too convoluted. My favorite one was Rises. The way Bane got killed was stupid. But I really liked the rest of it.

I probably have the order of the 3 all screwed up because I don't really care.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-03-26, 01:52

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I'm not a super hero guy but I thought the one with the Joker/Heath Ledger was the worst of the 3. He might have played a good part, but imo it was overstated due to his untimely death. And it dragged on, it was too long, a bit too convoluted. My favorite one was Rises. The way Bane got killed was stupid. But I really liked the rest of it.

I probably have the order of the 3 all screwed up because I don't really care.

Travis thinks the 2nd was the best, you think it was the worst (which is odd to me; other than trading Katie Holmes for Maggie Gyllenhaal, the second was better than Batman Begins in pretty much every way). The Dark Knight Rises was the third, and I have no idea what Travis is talking about calling it atrocious. #teampylon
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-03-26, 02:16

Cameron wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

You thought The Dark Knight Rises was atrocious? Are you being serious right now? This is serious, be serious.

Yes Cameron, it was atrocious. There was a lot of stuff that was bad about it but can I tell you my favorite? I'm gonna tell you my favorite. I'm sitting there in the theater and the bad guy robs Wall Street (like 8 things wrong with how that went down. Ludicrous that some trades that happened after a nut job shot off some guns in the stock exchange wouldn't be immediately reversed.) but anyway, so this happens, fine, whatever. Then these dudes escape on motorcycles but batman is all like, "hey fuck these bros" and goes after them. Then, all of a sudden, its night time. The stock market closes at 4pm and unless its winter (which comes 5 months later in the movie) the sun isn't going down any time soon. Massive continuity error that can only be forgiven by a fanboy. Literally ruined the movie for me.

This isn't even touching on the massive reliance on the occupy movement that was going on at the time. That's a whole other issue. The thing is that movie just wasn't good.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-03-26, 08:59

I'm triggered. I admit it.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-03-26, 10:37

Dork fight! Is Back to the Future the best movie trilogy, ever? - Page 2 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-03-26, 10:54

tGreenWay wrote:Dork fight! Is Back to the Future the best movie trilogy, ever? - Page 2 502811600

BWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-03-26, 11:04

no mention of fast and furious yet?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-03-26, 11:12

Death Roe wrote:I'm triggered. I admit it.

There aren't enough negative words in the English language for me to explain how bad that movie is.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2017-03-26, 11:50

Blanch32 wrote:no mention of fast and furious yet?

There is like 288 of those
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-26, 12:44

Oceans 11,12,13 mentioned?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next