Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Back to the Future the best movie trilogy, ever?

+20
Dr. Strangelove
Death Roe
AnomanderRake
MSU addict
duffy munn
Floyd Robertson
Triple Sparty
Blanch32
DWags
MiamiSpartan
InTenSity
WhiteBoyHatcher
tGreenWay
CORNER BLITZ
Clarett's Folly
Cameron
aualum06
Grima Wormtongue
MattyFresh
The Pantry
24 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Is Back to the Future the best movie trilogy, ever? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Back to the Future the best movie trilogy, ever?

Post by Cameron 2017-03-26, 13:19

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Cameron wrote:

You thought The Dark Knight Rises was atrocious? Are you being serious right now? This is serious, be serious.

Yes Cameron, it was atrocious. There was a lot of stuff that was bad about it but can I tell you my favorite? I'm gonna tell you my favorite. I'm sitting there in the theater and the bad guy robs Wall Street (like 8 things wrong with how that went down. Ludicrous that some trades that happened after a nut job shot off some guns in the stock exchange wouldn't be immediately reversed.) but anyway, so this happens, fine, whatever. Then these dudes escape on motorcycles but batman is all like, "hey fuck these bros" and goes after them. Then, all of a sudden, its night time. The stock market closes at 4pm and unless its winter (which comes 5 months later in the movie) the sun isn't going down any time soon. Massive continuity error that can only be forgiven by a fanboy. Literally ruined the movie for me.

This isn't even touching on the massive reliance on the occupy movement that was going on at the time. That's a whole other issue. The thing is that movie just wasn't good.

Is Back to the Future the best movie trilogy, ever? - Page 3 Agrred
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Is Back to the Future the best movie trilogy, ever? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Back to the Future the best movie trilogy, ever?

Post by AnomanderRake 2017-03-26, 22:26

The Batman Trilogy was saved by the awesomeness of The Dark Knight. The first and 3rd movies were good but nothing special.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-03-26, 22:29

Sophia Coppola is a terrible actress.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-03-26, 22:33

I am not going to shit on this movie until I watch it all the way through again. But it's a huge Travis-style-Bane-esque leap to see Vince jump from Tyson ear-biting thug to refined wise guy politician in an hour.

Also a huge leap to see bloodthirsty revenge-stricken Mike allowing his half nephew to boink his daughter.

Also did I mention that Sophia Coppola is a terrible actress?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2017-03-26, 22:39

Cameron wrote:

You thought The Dark Knight Rises was atrocious? Are you being serious right now? This is serious, be serious.

Yes Cameron, it was atrocious. There was a lot of stuff that was bad about it but can I tell you my favorite? I'm gonna tell you my favorite. I'm sitting there in the theater and the bad guy robs Wall Street (like 8 things wrong with how that went down. Ludicrous that some trades that happened after a nut job shot off some guns in the stock exchange wouldn't be immediately reversed.) but anyway, so this happens, fine, whatever. Then these dudes escape on motorcycles but batman is all like, "hey fuck these bros" and goes after them. Then, all of a sudden, its night time. The stock market closes at 4pm and unless its winter (which comes 5 months later in the movie) the sun isn't going down any time soon. Massive continuity error that can only be forgiven by a fanboy. Literally ruined the movie for me.

This isn't even touching on the massive reliance on the occupy movement that was going on at the time. That's a whole other issue. The thing is that movie just wasn't good.

The skyjacking scene though...
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-03-26, 22:44

I thought the first two ET movies were excellent, but the third was god awful--
ET Gets Home:
The Reese's Pieces Melted During the Trip
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-03-27, 07:57

Clarett's Folly wrote:

The skyjacking scene though...

-Skyjacking scene
-Bane/Batman fight 1 (STRAIGHT FROM THE COMICS)
-The pit scenes were good (maybe Travis got his inspiration from them)
-Bane/Batman fight 2
-Ending was good, haters gonna hate
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-03-27, 09:03

None of those things makes it good death roe. It just isn't a very good movie. You want it to be because you liked the other ones. It just isn't. Wasn't part of the whole series that it was at least somewhat plausible? The whole thing was completely implausible. The "skyjacking" that you guys seem to like so much was ridiculous and the complete lack of follow up was even worse. "Oh yeah no the parts of the plane are spread over like 10 miles. It's fine it's fine. It's a plane crash. Whatever." Is being like the comics supposed to matter to me? And the pit. Oh God the stupid stupid pit. I'm sorry I have nothing else to say about it other than it was a stupid stupid plot device.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2017-03-27, 09:18

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:None of those things makes it good death roe. It just isn't a very good movie. You want it to be because you liked the other ones. It just isn't. Wasn't part of the whole series that it was at least somewhat plausible? The whole thing was completely implausible. The "skyjacking" that you guys seem to like so much was ridiculous and the complete lack of follow up was even worse. "Oh yeah no the parts of the plane are spread over like 10 miles. It's fine it's fine. It's a plane crash. Whatever." Is being like the comics supposed to matter to me? And the pit. Oh God the stupid stupid pit. I'm sorry I have nothing else to say about it other than it was a stupid stupid plot device.

Hold up... you're telling me that the movie about a billionaire dressing up as a bat in order to fight crime can come across as unrealistic at points?
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-03-27, 09:21

Cameron wrote:

Is Back to the Future the best movie trilogy, ever? - Page 3 Agrred

The Dark Knight Rises was pretty shitty. It also has the worst death scene of all time. The other two were really good though.

Last edited by Watch Out Pylon! on 2017-03-27, 09:23; edited 1 time in total
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-03-27, 09:23

Clarett's Folly wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:None of those things makes it good death roe. It just isn't a very good movie. You want it to be because you liked the other ones. It just isn't. Wasn't part of the whole series that it was at least somewhat plausible? The whole thing was completely implausible. The "skyjacking" that you guys seem to like so much was ridiculous and the complete lack of follow up was even worse. "Oh yeah no the parts of the plane are spread over like 10 miles. It's fine it's fine. It's a plane crash. Whatever." Is being like the comics supposed to matter to me? And the pit. Oh God the stupid stupid pit. I'm sorry I have nothing else to say about it other than it was a stupid stupid plot device.

Hold up... you're telling me that the movie about a billionaire dressing up as a bat in order to fight crime can come across as unrealistic at points?

Not unrealistic. The other two are unrelaistic.

Ridiculously implausible.

Look, you guys have actually pushed me even further. It might be the worst movie ever made. Every single scene is terrible. It's an absolutely steaming pile of shit and instead of pretending it's great because you like the others you should be voicing your displeasure. You're only encouraging them to lock all of the police in a sewer system that has like 1000 ways to get out of again in the future.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2017-03-27, 09:25

Clarett's Folly wrote:

Look, you guys have actually pushed me even further. It might be the worst movie ever made. Every single scene is terrible. It's an absolutely steaming pile of shit and instead of pretending it's great because you like the others you should be voicing your displeasure. You're only encouraging them to lock all of the police in a sewer system that has like 1000 ways to get out of again in the future.

Is Back to the Future the best movie trilogy, ever? - Page 3 502811600 wow... I don't think I can compete with your level of passion about this movie.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-03-27, 09:33

Clarett's Folly wrote:

Is Back to the Future the best movie trilogy, ever? - Page 3 502811600 wow... I don't think I can compete with your level of passion about this movie.

I just hate it a lot. It's so bad. I hate fan boys that have their batman ears on trying to defend something that shouldn't be sold anywhere other than at your grandmas garage sale for $0.25 even worse.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-03-27, 09:35

When I was in High School one of my buddies, who was kind of an asshole, fashioned himself a movie critic. We went to see one of the batman movies, I think maybe the one with Ahnold in it, don't remember. Anyway, we got out of the movie and he's clearly unhappy. He says he didn't like it because it was "unrealistic. I mean the Batmobile driving up a wall??? Come on!!!"
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-27, 09:41

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2017-03-27, 09:48

Clarett's Folly wrote:

I just hate it a lot. It's so bad. I hate fan boys that have their batman ears on trying to defend something that shouldn't be sold anywhere other than at your grandmas garage sale for $0.25 even worse.

I guess at this point I'm wondering why you even went to see the movie. And all three of them no less...
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-03-27, 09:51

Clarett's Folly wrote:

I guess at this point I'm wondering why you even went to see the movie. And all three of them no less...

The other two were good... the third is not. It's like when you're a kid and you walk in on your parents having sex but you find out their really big into scat play.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-03-27, 09:54

Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-03-27, 09:54

I am retroactively pulling Travis' co-championship and giving the solo title to Goose.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-27, 10:18

Clarett's Folly wrote:

The other two were good... the third is not. It's like when you're a kid and you walk in on your parents having sex but you find out their really big into scat play.

Is this really the place to discuss your childhood traumas?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-03-27, 10:24

Clarett's Folly wrote:

Tilt.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-27, 12:23

nobody has mentioned Rocky yet?

what the hell is wrong with you people.. yeah, after Rocky II it got a little glamorous for my tastes, but Rocky III introduced us to Clubber Lang.. and Rocky IV was epic.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-27, 12:34

Robert J Sakimano wrote:nobody has mentioned Rocky yet?

what the hell is wrong with you people.. yeah, after Rocky II it got a little glamorous for my tastes, but Rocky III introduced us to Clubber Lang.. and Rocky IV was epic.

Has to be a triology. I was scolded for bringing up Dirty Harry. Five of those too
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-27, 14:29

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:nobody has mentioned Rocky yet?

Has to be a triology. I was scolded for bringing up Dirty Harry. Five of those too
well.. these folks can stop after Rocky III then..

freakin' rules. Rolling Eyes

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-03-27, 14:53

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

well.. these folks can stop after Rocky III then..

freakin' rules. Rolling Eyes

The Pantry is one tough hombre.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-03-27, 15:38

Is Back to the Future the best movie trilogy, ever? - Page 3 1415187744942
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-03-27, 15:40

Is Back to the Future the best movie trilogy, ever? - Page 3 6b21e64c470f8b6d15d95fcf5c0eb3c2
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-03-27, 15:51

Its so bad dude. It's so bad. It's mind boggling that you can't even admit that it is anything other than so so so great. If I had to rank all of the things I've ever seen, this would rank just behind changing diapers. Because that's what it is. A baby turd.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-03-27, 15:54

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Its so bad dude. It's so bad. It's mind boggling that you can't even admit that it is anything other than so so so great. If I had to rank all of the things I've ever seen, this would rank just behind changing diapers. Because that's what it is. A baby turd.

2deep4u
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-03-27, 15:56

Death Roe wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Its so bad dude. It's so bad. It's mind boggling that you can't even admit that it is anything other than so so so great. If I had to rank all of the things I've ever seen, this would rank just behind changing diapers. Because that's what it is. A baby turd.

2deep4u

It's not like I'm out on an island here death roe. Google it. A ton of people think it's hot steaming garbage. You just WANT it to be good. But it's not. It's bad.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-27, 15:56

Was Batman wearing his Bat Swimsuit at the end (when he jumped out of the helicopter?) Or did he have a Bat Boat or something waiting for him?

And would no one recognize Bruce Wayne after he "died"? Just his butler? Isn't he kind of rich and famous?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-03-27, 15:58

Death Roe wrote:

2deep4u

It's not like I'm out on an island here death roe. Google it. A ton of people think it's hot steaming garbage. You just WANT it to be good. But it's not. It's bad.

Compared to TDK, which is one of the best movies ever made, no its not nearly as good.

I think it's a good enough completion of the TDK trilogy. It ties up a lot of loose ends and ends as it should, finite and not left open for the awful DCEU to join it.

I wish Batman continued to be Batman... not really like Bruce Wayne to leave and be happy. Bruce Wayne is not a happy guy, he's only happy when he's Batman.

I think Bane was pretty solid although he was just a guy who was pussy-whipped into coming to Gotham.

Compared to TDK the movie is very flawed, but I still thoroughly enjoy watching it.

FOR YOU
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-03-27, 15:59

TDKR is miles better than Batman vs Superman.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-03-27, 16:11

NigelUno wrote:

Was Batman wearing his Bat Swimsuit at the end (when he jumped out of the helicopter?) Or did he have a Bat Boat or something waiting for him?

And would no one recognize Bruce Wayne after he "died"? Just his butler? Isn't he kind of rich and famous?

Yeah, that makes no sense. I hadn't even gotten there. I hate the stock market stuff so much in that movie. Not even just the massive glaring continuity error, but the whole concept itself. The whole "oh yeah, he got your money. You'll get it back. But not now. It's gonna take sometime" thing is so stupid. The instant that a guy shoots a gun at the stock market trading would be halted. Anything that happens after that is void.

That, the sun thing, the absurd plane thing, the sewers, even the taking over the city thing... it's not a suspension of disbelief issue. It's just stupid and doesn't make sense. Hot pile of shit movie.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-03-27, 16:15

So we're dealing with some hyper-realists here.

I'm sure you're upset that Star Wars doesn't have realistic spacecraft.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-03-27, 16:18

Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-03-27, 16:19

This debate is right up there with Apple v Android and Foreign v Domestic. Is Back to the Future the best movie trilogy, ever? - Page 3 2943907172

Is Back to the Future the best movie trilogy, ever? - Page 3 1494614055
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-03-27, 16:34

tGreenWay wrote:This debate is right up there with Apple v Android and Foreign v Domestic. Is Back to the Future the best movie trilogy, ever? - Page 3 2943907172

Raw (death) milk and pasteurized (non-lethal) milk. Is Back to the Future the best movie trilogy, ever? - Page 3 1550444538
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-03-27, 16:37

tGreenWay wrote:This debate is right up there with Apple v Android and Foreign v Domestic. Is Back to the Future the best movie trilogy, ever? - Page 3 2943907172

Beer?

Is Back to the Future the best movie trilogy, ever? - Page 3 1f1fa-1f1f8
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-03-27, 16:50

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Raw (death) milk and pasteurized (non-lethal) milk. Is Back to the Future the best movie trilogy, ever? - Page 3 1550444538

There was one other one -- a big one -- that I couldn't remember. It was in the top 3 or 4 of ongoing debates on TOB.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next