Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MHSAA basketball finals start now. All day thread ** Loyer vs Tillman at noon**

+10
WhiteBoyHatcher
NigelUno
The_Dude
duffy munn
GRR Spartan
MattyFresh
Herbie Green
aualum06
tGreenWay
DWags
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

MHSAA basketball finals start now. All day thread ** Loyer vs Tillman at noon** - Page 2 Empty Re: MHSAA basketball finals start now. All day thread ** Loyer vs Tillman at noon**

Post by Guest 2017-03-25, 13:30

aualum06 wrote:What year is Washington?

2018 - Best offers are St Joe's, Toledo and Youngstown St right now.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

MHSAA basketball finals start now. All day thread ** Loyer vs Tillman at noon** - Page 2 Empty Re: MHSAA basketball finals start now. All day thread ** Loyer vs Tillman at noon**

Post by aualum06 2017-03-25, 13:33

LooseGoose wrote:
aualum06 wrote:What year is Washington?

2018 - Best offers are St Joe's, Toledo and Youngstown St right now.

He will be a really solid mid major player but be could also explode by next winter
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-25, 13:38

Rico Beard‏ @RicoBeard 3m3 minutes ago
More
Most of the team plus Izzo, Stephens & 2017 SG recruit Greg Elliott.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-25, 13:38

So this Loyer guy, did his dad ever score 4 touchdowns in one game for Polk high?

MHSAA basketball finals start now. All day thread ** Loyer vs Tillman at noon** - Page 2 2cd8h7l
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-03-25, 13:54

Curry needs to work on his passing a bit.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2017-03-25, 14:10

Very cool for Dan Fife.

35 years and gets his state title with his whole family watching at the Brez.

Always nice to see lifers rewarded.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-03-25, 14:29

Great day for Dan Fife. There were a lot of tears and they weren't all from his family at Breslin.

Who'd thought that Dan Fife would have an undersized junior point guard lead the team to a state championship

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2017-03-25, 18:15

Beecher about to 3 peat as well
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-03-25, 18:41

Another Public School win!!!
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-25, 19:05

Remember this last game has SuperProspect Romeo Weems from New Haven playing.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-03-25, 19:07

247 says Weems has one offer, from MSU, not impressed
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-25, 19:10

MattyFresh wrote:247 says Weems has one offer, from MSU, not impressed

Sorry to blow so much sunshine.   Most Sophomores have many more offers.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-25, 19:16

LooseGoose wrote:Remember this last game has SuperProspect Romeo Weems from New Haven playing.

So when he played my daughters school I google him. Cause he's insane. I show the wife he's 100% Msu. Guy taps me on the shoulder from new haven and says "but coach K started talking to him. @
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2017-03-25, 19:17

What #?
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-25, 19:22

aualum06 wrote:

What #?

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2017-03-25, 19:29

LooseGoose wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

What #?

Thanks
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-03-25, 19:29

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Remember this last game has SuperProspect Romeo Weems from New Haven playing.

So when he played my daughters school I google him. Cause he's insane. I show the wife he's 100% Msu. Guy taps me on the shoulder from new haven and says "but coach K started talking to him. @

I would of said "thats nice, but Coach Izzos talking to him"
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2017-03-25, 19:30

MattyFresh wrote:
DWags wrote:

Yeah but your savage
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2017-03-25, 19:42

Watching the Indiana finals as well today on fox sports alternate good day of basketball
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-25, 20:04

MattyFresh wrote:
DWags wrote:

I took out my four four and put it to his ear and said mine yo bizniz
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-03-25, 20:09

DWags wrote:
MattyFresh wrote:

I took out my four four and put it to his ear and said mine yo bizniz
MHSAA basketball finals start now. All day thread ** Loyer vs Tillman at noon** - Page 2 I-dont-believe-you
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-03-25, 20:47

Yeah that kid is gonna keep growing and he's already outstanding. 15 years old? Fuck. He's gonna be a 5*. Probably will wind up at Duke, UK or KU.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-25, 21:17

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Yeah that kid is gonna keep growing and he's already outstanding. 15 years old? Fuck. He's gonna be a 5*. Probably will wind up at Duke, UK or KU.

Time for you to start feeling old....he was born in June of '01.

To make you feel better - his favorite player is Miles Bridges.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-03-25, 22:27

LooseGoose wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Yeah that kid is gonna keep growing and he's already outstanding. 15 years old? Fuck. He's gonna be a 5*. Probably will wind up at Duke, UK or KU.

The first sign he's expanding his recruiting options will be if he goes to a prep school for next season. Bridges spent 2-3 seasons at Hunington Prep.  Bowen spent his last two HS seasons at LaLumeire Prep and Jackson left for Prolific Prep in Napa CA for his last 2 years as well.

Weems and his family have to decide if he wants to play for Woodhaven with AAU ball in the summer or leave the state.  A player with his skill set will get a scholarship offers to a prep school
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-03-25, 23:08

LooseGoose wrote:

My back currently hurts so bad I can hardly walk up stairs. I have 2 bad knees, I'm bald, I currently have a brace on my forearm for tendinitis. I didn't need to hear a HS basketball player's DOB to feel old.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2017-03-26, 00:18

I was at the GRC/Clarkston game today... I have a new favorite basketball player. Loyer has it, simple as that. Dominated the game from start to finish

I was encouraged by Tillman too. Have him work with Ward this summer and he should be a solid option off the bench.
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-03-26, 00:25

Yeah the more I watch him the more sold I am. He's never gonna be Russ athletically but he has every single intangible and a good deal of talent. He's going to be a special player for us, knock on wood.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-26, 08:42

A nicer person version of Skiles.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-26, 09:07

I like when wakes and WBH says he just has "it". When guys who know sports describe athletes that way it does remind me of Skiles Goose. Remember back in the day telling my dad to come down to jennison and watch a game with me to see this kid named Skiles. Dad asked "is he big?" Nope. "Quick?" Nope. "Defense?" Meh "Jump?" Nope. "Shoot and pass" yes. "Is that it?" No it really isn't all there is, it's just something, I don't really know. But he has it. And he whips it out at precisely the right time.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-26, 09:23

DWags wrote:I like when wakes and WBH says he just has "it". When guys who know sports describe athletes that way it does remind me of Skiles Goose. Remember back in the day telling my dad to come down to jennison and watch a game with me to see this kid named Skiles. Dad asked "is he big?" Nope. "Quick?" Nope. "Defense?" Meh "Jump?" Nope. "Shoot and pass" yes. "Is that it?" No it really isn't all there is, it's just something, I don't really know. But he has it. And he whips it out at precisely the right time.

As I've said before, when it comes to Spartan basketball Skiles is my #2. Just an absolute assassin. He won most of the games he played before tip off. All part of that mental "it". I can't think of much in sports I enjoyed more than Skiles abusing Joubert.

For me & Spartan BB:

Magic
Skiles
Steve Smith
Antonio Smith
Charlie Bell
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-26, 10:10

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

My back currently hurts so bad I can hardly walk up stairs. I have 2 bad knees, I'm bald, I currently have a brace on my forearm for tendinitis. I didn't need to hear a HS basketball player's DOB to feel old.

I only play a Dr. on the interwebz but let me recommend something for you:

MHSAA basketball finals start now. All day thread ** Loyer vs Tillman at noon** - Page 2 MMMP-card
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-27, 11:41

I was at the class A game on Saturday.. in the lower bowl: my thoughts (I know.. nobody cares):

after seeing Grand Rapids Christian down Kalamazoo Central pretty handily on Tuesday night in the regional final, I sort of kinda figured they'd roll to the state title. Early on Saturday afternoon, I knew it would be anything but.

I was very impressed, of course, with Foster Loyer - I thought he was the best player on the court (my man Brandon Johns might have competition for Mr. Basketball next year). Tillman, in a lot of ways, was kind of quiet.. he's such big body out there among the high school kids, if he gets the ball down low, there isn't anyone that's gonna stop him.

Also on GR Christian, #22 - James Beck (I believe) - who I think is going to Oakland - was very impressive. Has Tillman's height but not the bulk, very smooth player who will likely have a good career for the Grizzlies.

Back to Loyer - kid has a combination of ball-handling, shooting and a court sense that doesn't come around very often. I know it sounds cliche, but his "basketball IQ" is off the charts for a high school junior. My only complaint with him is that freakin' goatee, yo. That's gotta go.

Otherwise, it was a great game and I was very impressed with Clarkston and very happy for Coach Fife.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-03-27, 11:46

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I was at the class A game on Saturday.. in the lower bowl: my thoughts (I know.. nobody cares):

after seeing Grand Rapids Christian down Kalamazoo Central pretty handily on Tuesday night in the regional final, I sort of kinda figured they'd roll to the state title. Early on Saturday afternoon, I knew it would be anything but.

I was very impressed, of course, with Foster Loyer - I thought he was the best player on the court (my man Brandon Johns might have competition for Mr. Basketball next year). Tillman, in a lot of ways, was kind of quiet.. he's such big body out there among the high school kids, if he gets the ball down low, there isn't anyone that's gonna stop him.

Also on GR Christian, #22 - James Beck (I believe) - who I think is going to Oakland - was very impressive. Has Tillman's height but not the bulk, very smooth player who will likely have a good career for the Grizzlies.

Back to Loyer - kid has a combination of ball-handling, shooting and a court sense that doesn't come around very often. I know it sounds cliche, but his "basketball IQ" is off the charts for a high school junior. My only complaint with him is that freakin' goatee, yo. That's gotta go.

Otherwise, it was a great game and I was very impressed with Clarkston and very happy for Coach Fife.

Thanks for the breakdown Appreciate it. I didn't see the class A game. How quick and how heavy is Tillman? Will he last with the Big Ten bodies?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-27, 12:12

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I was at the class A game on Saturday.. in the lower bowl: my thoughts (I know.. nobody cares):

Thanks for the breakdown  Appreciate it.  I didn't see the class A game.  How quick and how heavy is Tillman?  Will he last with the Big Ten bodies?  
not sure if serious..

but dude has bulk. And in a good way. He can actually handle the ball a little bit and even run the court quite well. Reminds me of Caleb Swanigan in terms of body type.. and hair style.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-27, 12:24

So BobSakimano is Jim Comparoni in his spare time?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-03-27, 13:10

LooseGoose wrote:

MHSAA basketball finals start now. All day thread ** Loyer vs Tillman at noon** - Page 2 3003718628
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-03-27, 16:25

Loyer looked really good but he also looked really small and got stuffed badly a couple of times driving in the lane.

Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-03-27, 16:45

Herbie Green wrote:Loyer looked really good but he also looked really small and got stuffed badly a couple of times driving in the lane.

He's no Tum that's for sure.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-03-27, 17:48

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

MHSAA basketball finals start now. All day thread ** Loyer vs Tillman at noon** - Page 2 3003718628

LOL
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Space Lord 2017-03-29, 18:56

LooseGoose wrote:A nicer person version of Skiles.
A little coke and booze will fix that.
Space Lord
Space Lord
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2