Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

38 Years ago tonight - Where were you?

+10
I.B. Fine
duffy munn
tGreenWay
Cameron
Motown Spartan
The Pantry
Watch Out Pylon!
Travis of the Cosmos
Floyd Robertson
GRR Spartan
14 posters

Go down

38 Years ago tonight - Where were you? Empty 38 Years ago tonight - Where were you?

Post by Guest Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:03 pm

Spartan Basketball‏Verified account @MSU_Basketball 24m24 minutes ago
38 years ago today #NationalChamps

38 Years ago tonight - Where were you? C72tvSNXgAAthyt

38 Years ago tonight - Where were you? C72tvSOXwAEseAj

I was a young drunk on Grand River Ave in the midst of a great celebration.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

38 Years ago tonight - Where were you? Empty Re: 38 Years ago tonight - Where were you?

Post by GRR Spartan Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:36 pm

Spring break in LA.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

38 Years ago tonight - Where were you? Empty Re: 38 Years ago tonight - Where were you?

Post by Floyd Robertson Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:51 pm

Watching the game on TV in the lounge on 5W Akers, using the biggest TV anyone on the floor had. Some couches and chairs may have been dumped out the lounge window in celebration. Afterward, kissing so many girls on Grand River during the outpouring there that I lost count. That night was like the 42nd in a row where we a keg on 5W. I think we then all took a collective break from that bender.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:53 pm

Not alive
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:58 pm

Probably playing with some Lincoln logs or something like that. Did 3 year olds play with Lincoln logs back in the late 70's? I remember having some of those.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:00 pm

5W Wilson All of South Complex was going nuts.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:05 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Spartan Basketball‏Verified account @MSU_Basketball  24m24 minutes ago
38 years ago today #NationalChamps

38 Years ago tonight - Where were you? C72tvSNXgAAthyt

38 Years ago tonight - Where were you? C72tvSOXwAEseAj

I was a young drunk on Grand River Ave in the midst of a great celebration.
Guy on the far right graduated from my high school a year ahead of me.  Now has his own lab at Stanford

Mike Longaker
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:20 pm

The Pantry wrote:
Guy on the far right graduated from my high school a year ahead of me.  Now has his own lab at Stanford

Mike Longaker

Big deal - So the guy has a lab named after him and has published 700 papers. Most the members of this board exceed that while pecking away on their phones in the toilet.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:30 pm

Exactly one month shy of my second birthday.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:36 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
The Pantry wrote:

Mike Longaker

Big deal - So the guy has a lab named after him and has published 700 papers. Most the members of this board exceed that while pecking away on their phones in the toilet.
Really smart dude. Complete jock in HS too. QB'd the football team, track, baseball, and of course basketball...he was great at all of them. He had a quirk though. Would throw up before every game.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:19 pm

The Pantry wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Really smart dude. Complete jock in HS too. QB'd the football team, track, baseball, and of course basketball...he was great at all of them. He had a quirk though. Would throw up before every game.

http://www.thesportster.com/entertainment/top-15-athletes-who-literally-get-sick-before-games/
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:04 pm

Ninth grade. On the beach in Fort Lauderdale with my dad and his wife. He'd driven us to Joe's Stone Crab in South Beach because he really wanted me to try them. The line was huge and I basically whined nonstop because we would miss tipoff. We got room service instead and I got to see the whole game. Squeaky wheel and all that.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:14 pm

16 years old and watching at my parents house.

duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:16 pm

tGreenWay wrote: I basically whined nonstop because we would miss tipoff. We got room service instead and I got to see the whole game. Squeaky wheel and all that.

The more things change.....
38 Years ago tonight - Where were you? 2599972566

I, also was a young drunk still on spring break in Marathon, Fl.

Last edited by I.B. Fine on Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:22 pm

Terrace west Shaw hall. Partied all night.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:06 am

Michigan State magical '79 season remembered with friend's gift
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:12 am

Watching with dad and gramps (both Michigan fans) on the floor in my Grandfather's family room. I was 12.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:13 am

Manistee Michigan a 16 year old dreaming of someday going to that very school. I was loving life that night. Didn't we also win the football, the cheer championship and a baseball that year?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:16 am

This thread makes me feel relatively young. Thanks guys.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:44 am

DWags wrote:Manistee Michigan a 16 year old dreaming of someday going to that very school. I was loving life that night. Didn't we also win the football, the cheer championship and a baseball that year?

We won the football title, not sure on the other 2. I know we had a pretty good BB team, a couple of them lived on my floor.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:04 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:This thread makes me feel relatively young. Thanks guys.

Unfortunately, it's had just the opposite effect on me. At least I'm not alone.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:06 am

DWags wrote:Manistee Michigan a 16 year old dreaming of someday going to that very school. I was loving life that night. Didn't we also win the football, the cheer championship and a baseball that year?

Yep, plus, Wasn't Zeke in some national competition at the Rose Bowl?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:07 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

We won the football title, not sure on the other 2. I know we had a pretty good BB team, a couple of them lived on my floor.

Yeah, I think a guy named Gibson was on it. Also, didn't Ty Willingham play then? Or was he out already?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:39 pm

Watching TV. A few days later, I was on the Capitol Steps. If anyone can find a picture, I should be able to find myself #psychiatric
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:45 pm

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Yeah, I think a guy named Gibson was on it. Also, didn't Ty Willingham play then? Or was he out already?

He might've been gone by '79. Can't remember. Man, I loved Ty Willingham. He was my baseball coach at Sports School. Serious dude even back then.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down