Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RIP Lonnie Brooks - Another of the bluesmasters gone.

2 posters

Go down

RIP Lonnie Brooks - Another of the bluesmasters gone. Empty RIP Lonnie Brooks - Another of the bluesmasters gone.

Post by Guest 2017-04-03, 09:10

Chicago blues musician Lonnie Brooks dies at 83
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

RIP Lonnie Brooks - Another of the bluesmasters gone. Empty Re: RIP Lonnie Brooks - Another of the bluesmasters gone.

Post by tGreenWay 2017-04-03, 13:53

My memory of the early 80's is fading, but it seems like Lonnie played Rick's about twice a year. Same with Luther Allison. There was also another who played on an electric guitar in the shape of the contiguous 48, but his name escapes me (especially since I thought he was Luther Allison).
Damn, we got some seriously great blues legends through our little town, and Lonnie was right there with a couple of others on top. RIP.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

RIP Lonnie Brooks - Another of the bluesmasters gone. Empty Re: RIP Lonnie Brooks - Another of the bluesmasters gone.

Post by msuspartan4eva 2017-04-03, 20:05

tGreenWay wrote:My memory of the early 80's is fading, but it seems like Lonnie played Rick's about twice a year. Same with Luther Allison. There was also another who played on an electric guitar in the shape of the contiguous 48, but his name escapes me (especially since I thought he was Luther Allison).
Damn, we got some seriously great blues legends through our little town, and Lonnie was right there with a couple of others on top. RIP.

Damn right they did GW. I also saw Matt (Guitar) Murphy there in about '91. From what I remember anyway, as I was high as a KITE.
msuspartan4eva
msuspartan4eva
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-04-08, 17:00

msuspartan4eva wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:My memory of the early 80's is fading, but it seems like Lonnie played Rick's about twice a year. Same with Luther Allison. There was also another who played on an electric guitar in the shape of the contiguous 48, but his name escapes me (especially since I thought he was Luther Allison).

Damn right they did GW. I also saw Matt (Guitar) Murphy there in about '91. From what I remember anyway, as I was high as a KITE.

Saw Matt Murphy probably 4-5 times at Rick's. Smoked some with him between sets. Pretty cool just hanging out in a car with a fucking blues legend.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down