Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why do I get the feeling Brooks will be hot tonight in the Brez for the first time ever.

+6
NigelUno
duffy munn
GRR Spartan
InTenSity
Trapper Gus
AvgMSUJoe
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Why do I get the feeling Brooks will be hot tonight in the Brez for the first time ever.  Empty Why do I get the feeling Brooks will be hot tonight in the Brez for the first time ever.

Post by DWags 2023-11-17, 08:37

No complaints if he does. Good kid, just didn’t click.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Why do I get the feeling Brooks will be hot tonight in the Brez for the first time ever.  Empty Re: Why do I get the feeling Brooks will be hot tonight in the Brez for the first time ever.

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-11-17, 08:56

Hopefully the others get inspired.

Hoggard/Akins drive the freaking lane if the shot still isn't falling. THEN HIT THE FTs.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Why do I get the feeling Brooks will be hot tonight in the Brez for the first time ever.  Empty Re: Why do I get the feeling Brooks will be hot tonight in the Brez for the first time ever.

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-11-17, 09:23

This team is looking bad so far, too bad. Not sure Izzo can fix them taking the summer off.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2023-11-17, 09:30

What's happening here?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2023-11-17, 09:42

Stockholm syndrome
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2023-11-17, 10:14

This team could use Pierre Brooks. There, I said it.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-11-17, 10:16

Trapper Gus wrote:This team is looking bad so far, too bad. Not sure Izzo can fix them taking the summer off.

Come on. Nobody took the summer off.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-11-17, 10:20

duffy munn wrote:This team could use Pierre Brooks. There, I said it.

First...I was like...who is DWags even talking about?

We could use a 3 point shooter. If he goes off tonight (and we struggle), that will make it more evident.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-11-17, 10:37

NigelUno wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:This team is looking bad so far, too bad. Not sure Izzo can fix them taking the summer off.

Maybe not technically, but the sure look like they did.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Other Teams Pursuing That likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2023-11-17, 10:49

Straight up nonsense Trapper
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-11-17, 11:07

Trapper Gus wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Maybe the new scoreboard is impacting the team and shooting. Like it's so big that it seems like the sky is falling.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-11-17, 11:52

NigelUno wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Maybe the new scoreboard is impacting the team and shooting. Like it's so big that it seems like the sky is falling.
I don’t know shit about shit here but I wonder if this poor shooting becomes psychological after a while?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-11-17, 14:08

DWags wrote:
I don’t know shit about shit here but I wonder if this poor shooting becomes psychological after a while?  

100% - even in high school... my kid could drain 10-12 in a row during warm ups... maybe 25% wide open in the games (if lucky). Like putting.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-11-17, 18:31

Might have to listen to the game outside. Sitting here watching tv waiting for the tip but my dog is carpet-bombing the room. It’s close to being unbearable.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-11-17, 18:39

Lots of empty green seats. Disappointing
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-11-17, 18:41

DWags wrote:Lots of empty green seats. Disappointing

Maybe the gsm forgot it was an early tip. Why do I get the feeling Brooks will be hot tonight in the Brez for the first time ever.  2599972566
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-11-17, 18:44

Starting to fill. Fashionably late? I didn’t think we were like that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-11-17, 18:48

DWags wrote:Starting to fill. Fashionably late? I didn’t think we were like that.

There was extra traffic tonight since there’s a hockey game, too. Maybe parking was more difficult. It was busy enough on Harrison that I skipped crossing to the other side to walk the dog.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-11-17, 19:16

So the press row scoreboard has been chopped up to make room for a few floor seats. But those who are sitting there are squeezed in real tight. There’s no shoulder room whatsoever. lol
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-11-17, 19:18

Why no beer in Brez yet?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-11-17, 19:24

It's Friday. Beers would be nice.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-11-17, 19:25

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Why no beer in Brez yet?

Are you at the game? Ask Izzo.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-11-17, 19:48

FTR Kohler has two tennis shoes on tonight. That’s good.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-11-17, 20:00

DWags wrote:FTR Kohler has two tennis shoes on tonight. That’s good.

He has such a baby face. lol
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2023-11-17, 20:33

We’re good again!
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-11-17, 20:45

Scoreboard does cast a shadow. We overcame it though.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-11-17, 22:53

NigelUno wrote:Scoreboard does cast a shadow.   We overcame it though.

Breslin lighting just isn’t good. The Spartan head either looks black or colorless, depending on the camera angle. The rest of the picture on television looks washed out. It’s been that way for awhile. Good thing we win.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2023-11-17, 23:22

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:Starting to fill. Fashionably late? I didn’t think we were like that.

There was extra traffic tonight since there’s a hockey game, too. Maybe parking was more difficult. It was busy enough on Harrison that I skipped crossing to the other side to walk the dog.

Silver Bells downtown too. But it did fill in.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-11-18, 10:36

Got home and re-watched the game.

1. Tech on Brooks was BS

2. Please put Walker in bubble wrap. He is the best player we’ve had in a while.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-11-18, 10:42

DWags wrote:Got home and re-watched the game.

1. Tech on Brooks was BS

2. Please put Walker in bubble wrap. He is the best player we’ve had in a while.
He was taunting Carr... dunking over him. (And Carr was probably the reason Brooks bolted...) at least that's how I read it at the game.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-11-18, 11:04

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

1. Tech on Brooks was BS

He was taunting Carr... dunking over him. (And Carr was probably the reason Brooks bolted...) at least that's how I read it at the game.

He was fired up. Everybody in our section was puzzled at the game, that’s why I re-watched it. I hate refs.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-11-18, 11:16

DWags wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

He was fired up.  Everybody in our section was puzzled at the game, that’s why I re-watched it.   I hate refs.  

He was the enemy last night, Dwags. Where’s your bloodlust? Screw him for taunting our player. Today, all is well, but last night—screw him.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

J T likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-11-18, 11:31

Brooks and hog man didn’t seem like they like each other very much in the handshake line
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2023-11-18, 11:33

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote: He also yapped at the Spartan bench after his first made 3. Seemingly at Izzo which I don't like. Ti gave him every chance to prove himself last year. I still think Pierre has talent and wish him luck at Butler. But I'm glad we kicked his ass last night.

He was fired up.  Everybody in our section was puzzled at the game, that’s why I re-watched it.   I hate refs.  

He was the enemy last night, Dwags. Where’s your bloodlust? Screw him for taunting our player. Today, all is well, but last night—screw him.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-11-18, 13:56

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:

Yeah, I get that, but first it was pretty crappy that our fans were booing him. Why? He also was a young kid letting out a lot of frustration. He came in as Mr. Basketball and just didn’t click here. He dumped over Carr, that’s a big dunk. Kid was fired up. I get is enthusiasm. And when one of our kids gets a technical for making a great Duncan celebrating, I will be just as pissed off. I dumb rule. Kid was capping himself on top the head.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2023-11-18, 14:00

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:

He was barking at the Spartan bench after his first 3 too. almost looked like it was directed at Izzo. If it was it's bullshit because TI gave that kid every chance. I still think Pierre has talent and will do well at Butler but I'm glad which kicked his ass last night.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-11-18, 15:23

duffy munn wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

He was barking at the Spartan bench after his first 3 too. almost looked like it was directed at Izzo. If it was it's bullshit because TI gave that kid every chance. I still think Pierre has talent and will do well at Butler but I'm glad which kicked his ass last night.

All good. But booing was no necessary. They started at introductions. I’m sure I’m missing the humor in it. We played well. That’s what counts.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-11-18, 16:02

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Yeah, I get that, but first it was pretty crappy that our fans were booing him. Why? He also was a young kid letting out a lot of frustration. He came in as Mr. Basketball and just didn’t click here. He dumped over Carr, that’s a big dunk. Kid was fired up. I get is enthusiasm. And when one of our kids gets a technical for making a great Duncan celebrating, I will be just as pissed off. I dumb rule. Kid was capping himself on top the head.

I'd have to rewatch, but I think he said something like...

I DUNKED ON YOUR PUNK ASS HEAD

And it was taunting. So, that's why he got booed.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-11-18, 16:04

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

1. Tech on Brooks was BS

Akins > Brooks

That's why he left. In my opinion.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-11-18, 16:21

Brooks forced some 3s last night that didn’t fall, which seemed to be a familiar scene from his time here. Still, I hope those shots start dropping and he has a great career with Butler, just never against us.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next