Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pure Michigan Ads

+17
Floyd Robertson
Cosmo_Kramer
AvgMSUJoe
CheesySpartan
Dr. Leo Spaceman
goodbar
Rocinante
Jake from State Farm
Molon Labe
Wally Fairway
Nommad2
Giant Moose
Robert J Sakimano
tGreenWay
WhiteBoyHatcher
SpartanGuard
By-Tor
21 posters

Go down

Pure Michigan Ads Empty Pure Michigan Ads

Post by By-Tor 2014-06-05, 09:37

C'mon now. Port Huron,Blue Water bridge? Enough already. This shit has jumped the shark. The TV ads are still solid but the radio ones are good comedy. Whats next- The Saginaw Valley and the mighty Zilwaukee? Who vacations to Port Huron unless their crazy aunt Barb is living up there in some shack on a river next to a meth trailer.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Pure Michigan Ads Empty Re: Pure Michigan Ads

Post by SpartanGuard 2014-06-05, 09:39

I dunno, I've always liked the Lansing one.

SpartanGuard
SpartanGuard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-06-05, 09:51

Yeah, there's also one about some air museum in Kalamazoo. I thought the same thing when I heard it last year. WTF?

Michigan is a pretty decent state, imo. We've got some nice stuff worth seeing if you don't live here. I can sum it up for you here.

Lakes and stuff
Up North
bridge
island
2 sweet/good colleges
sports

/end ad
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2014-06-05, 10:00

Bingo. It's become a participation ribbon for every city in michigan now. Like pee wee soccer where everyone gets medals.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2014-06-05, 10:40

By-Tor wrote:C'mon now. Port Huron,Blue Water bridge? Enough already. This shit has jumped the shark. The TV ads are still solid but the radio ones are good comedy. Whats next- The Saginaw Valley and the mighty Zilwaukee? Who vacations to Port Huron unless their crazy aunt Barb is living up there in some shack on a river next to a meth trailer.

I knew it had run its course last year when it highlighted Big Rapids. Pure Michigan Ads 502811600
The state ad geniuses didn't do itself any favors by letting the campaign be used for other Michigan products. Seeing a Pure Michigan milk Kroger ad has lessened the impact of the ads even faster than had it naturally petered out.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-06-05, 10:43

SpartanGuard wrote:I dunno, I've always liked the Lansing one.

I wonder where that "superb dinner" is that he's referring to...

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose 2014-06-05, 10:44

I still can't believe Michigan screwed up its license plates so badly and actually allowed Pure Michigan on them, too. These things are awful.

Pure Michigan Ads Bridge-Plate_432239_7 Pure Michigan Ads StandardPlate_180963_7
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-06-05, 10:48

Giant Moose wrote:I still can't believe Michigan screwed up its license plates so badly and actually allowed Pure Michigan on them, too. These things are awful.

Pure Michigan Ads Bridge-Plate_432239_7 Pure Michigan Ads StandardPlate_180963_7
meh.. the one on the right is nice.. nuanced and subtle.. Not a big fan of the color scheme on the other one.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nommad2 2014-06-05, 10:59

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Yeah, there's also one about some air museum in Kalamazoo. I thought the same thing when I heard it last year. WTF?

Michigan is a pretty decent state, imo. We've got some nice stuff worth seeing if you don't live here. I can sum it up for you here.

Lakes and stuff
Up North
bridge
island
2 sweet/good colleges
sports

/end ad
Don't knock the air museum. I took the kids there last year, and had to practically drag them out. Where else can you see a life size SR-71 Blackbird?
Pure Michigan Ads Sr-71b_blackbird
Nommad2
Nommad2
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2014-06-05, 11:00

Robert J Sakimano wrote:meh.. the one on the right is nice.. nuanced and subtle.. Not a big fan of the color scheme on the other one.

. I once thought to myself why are there so many New Mexico cars on telegraph right now.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2014-06-05, 11:15

Nommad2 wrote:
Don't knock the air museum. I took the kids there last year, and had to practically drag them out. Where else can you see a life size SR-71 Blackbird?

Hey, not knocking it. Just saying doubt the intended target demographic of these ads is going to plan a trip to our fine state to go to the Air Museum, or Big Rapids or whatnot.

That's not a half bad summer field trip idea for my almost 5 year old, though. Good call.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2014-06-05, 11:22

Nommad2 wrote:Don't knock the air museum. I took the kids there last year, and had to practically drag them out. Where else can you see a life size SR-71 Blackbird?
Wright/Patterson
Smithsonian

those would be my guesses - but I looked it up, they are not that hard to find

Pure Michigan Ads Map

if you are an aviation buff it is worth the drive to Dayton - the most impressive thing there, to me, is Bockscar
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Molon Labe 2014-06-05, 11:39

I have a feeling the ads we hear in Michigan are not the same ads that are being shown around the country.

Probably more like these in Chicago
Pure Michigan Ads SS-2013-Bus-Wraps_Marquette-Harbor

Or this in Time Square
Pure Michigan Ads 9206166-large
Molon Labe
Molon Labe
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2014-06-05, 11:53

Wally Fairway wrote:
Wright/Patterson
Smithsonian

those would be my guesses - but I looked it up, they are not that hard to find

Pure Michigan Ads Map

if you are an aviation buff it is worth the drive to Dayton - the most impressive thing there, to me, is Bockscar

Some trivia for you. The priest that presided at my wedding had the honor of blessing the crews that dropped the bombs out of those B-29s. It eventually turned him into a pacifist.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2014-06-05, 11:55

Nommad2 wrote:

My hangar. That's my Thursday transportation. #baller
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-06-05, 12:01

Molon Labe wrote:I have a feeling the ads we hear in Michigan are not the same ads that are being shown around the country.

Probably more like these in Chicago
Pure Michigan Ads SS-2013-Bus-Wraps_Marquette-Harbor

Get outta here F.I.Ps!!
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2014-06-05, 12:45

Rocinante wrote:

Get outta here F.I.Ps!!

they drop a lot of coin on over here on the West Coast over the summer but goddamn...fucking chill on the roads motherfuckers.  you're supposedly here for vacation so act like it.  swear to jesus, baby jesus, and little zygote jesus, every summer friday they're out here treatin' 196 North like its the motherscrathin Indy 500 or somethin.  I'm doing 85 and they still want to ride bumpers, weave over to the slow lane, race past everyone, slam on their brakes before hitting the back of a semi (that we're all trying to pass in the first place), weave back in that 1/2 car length spot between cars over in the fast lane, slam on brakes again, make everyone they cut in front of slam on their brakes.....Just chiiiiiiillll shitheads.
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-06-05, 12:49

goodbar wrote:

they drop a lot of coin on over here on the West Coast over the summer but goddamn...fucking chill on the roads motherfuckers.  you're supposedly here for vacation so act like it.  swear to jesus, baby jesus, and little zygote jesus, every summer friday they're out here treatin' 196 North like its the motherscrathin Indy 500 or somethin.  I'm doing 85 and they still want to ride bumpers, weave over to the slow lane, race past everyone, slam on their brakes before hitting the back of a semi (that we're all trying to pass in the first place), weave back in that 1/2 car length spot between cars over in the fast lane, slam on brakes again, make everyone they cut in front of slam on their brakes.....Just chiiiiiiillll shitheads.

Where you is? My fam lives in Ludington.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Leo Spaceman 2014-06-05, 12:58

The pure michigan ads work like this...

A community needs to pony up like $30k; the state then matches that $30k... a creative team comes and visits your city, come up with some themes and a "hook" and write some copy, they get Tim Allen to read some shit on the radio over the theme from cider house rules... then they use the rest of your money to buy advertising in the "selected" markets for your community. If you wanna pay big money ($1 Million) you get a national TV ad for your community (Traverse City, The Henry Ford, and Saginaw have these).

To me the whole thing has grown stale, I used to tear up when I saw the commercials... now its like "ah ****, another one... change the channel" and who in Fort Wayne indiana can really tell the difference between visiting big rapids, houghton lake, and cheboygan when they hear all three ads in a week?
Dr. Leo Spaceman
Dr. Leo Spaceman
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2014-06-05, 13:06

Rocinante wrote:

Get outta here F.I.Ps!!

Agreed but in WI their referred to as FIB's (F uckin' Illinois Bastards)
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor 2014-06-05, 13:27

Dr. Leo Spaceman wrote:The pure michigan ads work like this...

A community needs to pony up like $30k; the state then matches that $30k... a creative team comes and visits your city, come up with some themes and a "hook" and write some copy, they get Tim Allen to read some shit on the radio over the theme from cider house rules... then they use the rest of your money to buy advertising in the "selected" markets for your community. If you wanna pay big money ($1 Million) you get a national TV ad for your community (Traverse City, The Henry Ford, and Saginaw have these).

To me the whole thing has grown stale, I used to tear up when I saw the commercials... now its like "ah ****, another one... change the channel" and who in Fort Wayne indiana can really tell the difference between visiting big rapids, houghton lake, and cheboygan when they hear all three ads in a week?

wait, did you say Saginaw?
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2014-06-05, 13:29

Dr. Leo Spaceman wrote:The pure michigan ads work like this...

Excellent. Let's pool our money for a Pure Michigan/Climax spot.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Leo Spaceman 2014-06-05, 13:33

tGreenWay wrote:

Excellent. Let's pool our money for a Pure Michigan/Climax spot.  

"Jerk yourself off the road at M66 and I-94 and visit a little slice of heaven known as Climax...
Dr. Leo Spaceman
Dr. Leo Spaceman
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2014-06-05, 13:39

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Yeah, there's also one about some air museum in Kalamazoo. I thought the same thing when I heard it last year. WTF?

Lakes and stuff
Up North
bridge
island
2 sweet/good colleges
sports

/end ad

Pictured Rocks
Sleeping Bear

uh... AuSable (fly fishing)

huh... I'm tapped out.

Pinconning Cheese Festible!!!
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo_Kramer 2014-06-05, 13:39

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
meh.. the one on the right is nice.. nuanced and subtle..  Not a big fan of the color scheme on the other one.

I was going to say the opposite. I like the sunset one, the old blue-and-white is played out and boring. Get rid of "Pure Michigan" though.
Cosmo_Kramer
Cosmo_Kramer
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2014-06-05, 14:33

Rocinante wrote:

Where you is?  My fam lives in Ludington.

Just outside of Holland, closer to Saugatuck actually. But I drive up and down 196 pretty much everyday.
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-06-05, 14:40

Doesn't Meijer have a straight rip-off ad for Pure Milk from Michigan? That one gives me goosebumps.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-06-05, 15:23

Still the best one in my opinion

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-06-05, 15:31

Cosmo_Kramer wrote:

I was going to say the opposite. I like the sunset one, the old blue-and-white is played out and boring. Get rid of "Pure Michigan" though.
I'm not a big fan of crazy colors..

oh another note, whose godforsaken Ohio commercials are the worst. I mean, I realize that Ohio gives the ad agency very, VERY little to work with.. but they look and sound like something produced by a Youngstown charter school audio-visual club that had their funding removed last month to cover the secretary's dental bridge.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-06-05, 15:46

goodbar wrote:

Just outside of Holland, closer to Saugatuck actually. But I drive up and down 196 pretty much everyday.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by goodbar 2014-06-05, 15:55

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
I'm not a big fan of crazy colors..

oh another note, whose godforsaken Ohio commercials are the worst. I mean, I realize that Ohio gives the ad agency very, VERY little to work with.. but they look and sound like something produced by a Youngstown charter school audio-visual club that had their funding removed last month to cover the secretary's dental bridge.

Pure Michigan Ads 502811600

Ad Person: "O.k. lets get started! Do you guys have any hip, vacation-y, or resort-ish type Great Lakes cities?"

Ohio Dept of Tourism Person: "Uh...we got Toledo, Cleveland, and uh..hmmm...I guess you could throw Sandusky in there."

Ad Person: "I see. O.k. ....Well, which of the Great Lakes are those towns located on again?"

Ohio Dept of Tourism Person: "Lake Erie."

Ad Person: "I see."

Ohio Dept of Tourism Person: "This isn't gonna be easy is it?"

Ad Person: "No. I'm afraid not."
goodbar
goodbar
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2014-06-05, 17:07

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I'm not a big fan of crazy colors..

Pure Michigan Ads 502811600 That Ohio jingle alone is priceless. Pure Michigan Ads 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-06-05, 17:21

When does the Pure Michigan Spartan Swill ad air?

Oh, and...

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by JEK 2014-06-05, 17:25

Robert J Sakimano wrote:oh another note, whose godforsaken Ohio commercials are the worst. I mean, I realize that Ohio gives the ad agency very, VERY little to work with.. but they look and sound like something produced by a Youngstown charter school audio-visual club that had their funding removed last month to cover the secretary's dental bridge.

I'm a big fan of this one.

JEK
JEK
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-06-05, 17:50

Now I'm Shittin' in a box cuz I don't give a ****!!

Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down