Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Football will now have Early Signing

+6
Nordic
Watch Out Pylon!
Travis of the Cosmos
tGreenWay
GRR Spartan
Floyd Robertson
10 posters

Go down

Football will now have Early Signing Empty Football will now have Early Signing

Post by Guest 2017-04-14, 10:39

NCAA‏Verified account @NCAA
More
DI Council allows early football signing period and coaches to recruit at camps and clinics, but restricts when and where they can occur.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Football will now have Early Signing Empty Re: Football will now have Early Signing

Post by Guest 2017-04-14, 10:44

This will be really interesting. It will place a premium on early evaluation of players. Also will
slow down the over signing maybe?

In basketball with early signing there is very little decommitting and looking around.

Many decide, sign and enjoy their senior year.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Football will now have Early Signing Empty Re: Football will now have Early Signing

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-04-14, 10:47

Always restrictions with the NCAA. Why do they care where it occurs if it is within the early signing period? I don't actually care if it's done on a boat.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-04-14, 10:48

An unintended consequence of a style of recruiting brought to light a couple of years ago by the Chicago Tribune's Teddy Greenstein when he chronicled Harbaugh's recruiting of Erik Swenson.

Recruits who really want to attend a school that's offered will know before Christmas if the school truly wants them or was collecting verbals to be cast aside later.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-04-14, 11:38

Floyd Robertson wrote:Always restrictions with the NCAA. Why do they care where it occurs if it is within the early signing period? I don't actually care if it's done on a boat.

Are boats popular places for that kind of thing? I hadn't heard that.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-04-14, 11:50

tGreenWay wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Always restrictions with the NCAA.  Why do they care where it occurs if it is within the early signing period?  I don't actually care if it's done on a boat.

Maybe if you would pay some fucking attention to recruiting instead of spouting off you would know that a majority of the time this shit happens on fucking boats. But no, instead you're just here flapping your guns like an idiot.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-04-14, 11:50

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Maybe if you would pay some fucking attention to recruiting instead of spouting off you would know that a majority of the time this shit happens on fucking boats. But no, instead you're just here flapping your guns like an idiot.

Gawd you're mean to Greenie.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-04-14, 11:55

LooseGoose wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Gawd you're mean to Greenie.
Lol yeah
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-04-14, 12:06

So early trolling season as well. Awesome.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-04-14, 12:38

The only issue I see is coaching changes. Are kids that sign early bound to their LOI if the HC is canned or changes jobs? Assitant coaches? You see roughly 20% D1 HC turnover each year. I don't know how this compares to hoops, but I would guess football is higher.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-04-14, 12:41

Chris Vannini‏Verified account @ChrisVannini 42m42 minutes ago
More
Big Ten will love early official visits. Can get kids up when weather is great. SEC proposed to limit it. http://bit.ly/2pi81Cc
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-04-14, 12:42

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/852911301189931009

@BruceFeldmanCFB

Also FBS schools will be prevented fm hiring ppl close to a recruit for a 2-YR period before & after the recruit enrolls. This is a big one.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2017-04-14, 13:04

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/852911301189931009

@BruceFeldmanCFB

Also FBS schools will be prevented fm hiring ppl close to a recruit for a 2-YR period before & after the recruit enrolls. This is a big one.

This thread just keeps getting better and better...
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-04-14, 13:38

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/852911301189931009

@BruceFeldmanCFB

Did I just hear a collective groan coming from AA?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-04-14, 13:49

InTenSity wrote:

@BruceFeldmanCFB

I think so.

Spoiler:
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2017-04-14, 17:30

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

I think so.

Spoiler:

So in your head. wtf would the dude care about Johnny spirit?
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down