Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"We need to wake up as a party..." - Sen. Graham (R)

+8
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
CheesySpartan
The_Dude
GRR Spartan
I.B. Fine
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
12 posters

Go down

"We need to wake up as a party..." - Sen. Graham (R) Empty "We need to wake up as a party..." - Sen. Graham (R)

Post by NigelUno 2017-04-19, 14:49

Lindsey Graham: Georgia primary should be a 'wake-up call'

"The south is changing. Atlanta is changing. And I like our chances in a runoff, but we need to wake up as a party," Graham said. "There's districts like this all over the country that are getting much more moderate."

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

"We need to wake up as a party..." - Sen. Graham (R) Empty Re: "We need to wake up as a party..." - Sen. Graham (R)

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-04-19, 14:52

someone should tell him about the landslide election that the sexual predator won back in November... and the historic attendance at the inauguration.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

"We need to wake up as a party..." - Sen. Graham (R) Empty Re: "We need to wake up as a party..." - Sen. Graham (R)

Post by I.B. Fine 2017-04-19, 14:53

NigelUno wrote:Lindsey Graham: Georgia primary should be a 'wake-up call'

"The south is changing. Atlanta is changing. And I like our chances in a runoff, but we need to wake up as a party," Graham said. "There's districts like this all over the country that are getting much more moderate."

Amusing quote from Senator Rip-Van-Wrinkly Graham
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-04-19, 15:18

Collins, McCain, Graham -R's that can be counted on to smear Rs.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-04-19, 15:42

Why should you care Goosechev?

You've stated many times you aren't one.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-04-19, 15:53

LooseGoose wrote:Collins, McCain, Graham -R's that can be counted on to smear Rs.

He smeared R's because a snot nosed kid almost won in a heavily Republican district? That's quite the spin.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2017-04-19, 16:31

Isn't it great there is at least independent thought in the Reoublican party? Dems are a bunch of sheep that just go along with the groupthink without any ability to independently think.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-04-19, 16:37

The_Dude wrote:Isn't it great there is at least independent thought in the Reoublican party? Dems are a bunch of sheep that just go along with the groupthink without any ability to independently think.

Yeah, and your groupthink is only the Dems spent money in Georgia.

"We need to wake up as a party..." - Sen. Graham (R) 502811600

Too bad you can't independently think.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-04-19, 17:52

NigelUno wrote:
The_Dude wrote:Isn't it great there is at least independent thought in the Republican party? Dems are a bunch of sheep that just go along with the groupthink without any ability to independently think.

Looks like Dems spent $8M, Repubs $4M so far.  Doesn't matter Repubs win by 4-5% in June.  

What Dems need to figure out is that they can't just buy elections.  They actually need good candidates. The fact that Ossoff doesn't even live in the district is laughable and shows the party really has no quality candidate within it.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-04-19, 17:59

CheesySpartan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Looks like Dems spent $8M, Repubs $4M so far. Doesn't matter Repubs win by 4-5% in June.

What Dems need to figure out is that they can't just buy elections. They actually need good candidates. The fact that Ossoff doesn't even live in the district is laughable and shows the party really has no quality candidate within it.

A snotnose kid who doesn't even live in the district almost won. Do they really need a quality candidate? Or does that speak to the lack of a quality candidate on the Republican side in a heavily Republican district?

A Republican candidate ran attack ads against the Republican candidate who got the most votes. That guy is out $2 million. And people rip Democrats spending? Republicans spent over $4 million on attack ads against a snotnose kid who doesn't even live in the district...and you think the Democrats have problems?

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2017-04-19, 18:09

NigelUno wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:

Looks like Dems spent $8M, Repubs $4M so far. Doesn't matter Repubs win by 4-5% in June.

What Dems need to figure out is that they can't just buy elections. They actually need good candidates. The fact that Ossoff doesn't even live in the district is laughable and shows the party really has no quality candidate within it.

A snotnose kid who doesn't even live in the district almost won. Do they really need a quality candidate? Or does that speak to the lack of a quality candidate on the Republican side in a heavily Republican district?

A Republican candidate ran attack ads against the Republican candidate who got the most votes. That guy is out $2 million. And people rip Democrats spending? Republicans spent over $4 million on attack ads against a snotnose kid who doesn't even live in the district...and you think the Democrats have problems?

The real question is who's giving $15-20 mill for a lousy congressional primary election? what's the tab for the run off going to be, $50 mill, more?
Then the winner will be telling us they're in it for the little guy. "We need to wake up as a party..." - Sen. Graham (R) 502811600
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-04-19, 18:10

CheesySpartan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Looks like Dems spent $8M, Repubs $4M so far.  Doesn't matter Repubs win by 4-5% in June.  

What Dems need to figure out is that they can't just buy elections.  They actually need good candidates. The fact that Ossoff doesn't even live in the district is laughable and shows the party really has no quality candidate within it.

And most of the 12M was spent attacking Rs since the Rs were attacking each other. That won't be the case now.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-04-19, 18:19

LooseGoose wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:

And most of the 12M was spent attacking Rs since the Rs were attacking each other. That won't be the case now.

Do you have evidence of that? Or can we just call it fake news?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-04-19, 18:39

NigelUno wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:

If he loses by 8+% in June thats a blowout as far as elections go and I'll be correct. You can't buy elections with poor candidates.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-04-19, 18:44

CheesySpartan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

If he loses by 8+% in June thats a blowout as far as elections go and I'll be correct. You can't buy elections with poor candidates.

You'll be correct about what? You don't think Republicans are dumping money into this election? Or do they just have a quality candidate?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-04-19, 18:49

NigelUno wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:

You'll be correct about what? You don't think Republicans are dumping money into this election? Or do they just have a quality candidate?

What are these two candidates about? It was said by some talking head that they're both going much more center. I'm going to assume after 100 days of insanity in our country, maybe a lot of candidates will move that way
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-04-19, 19:39

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Only the word of an actual professional political commentator that lives in Georgia.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-04-19, 19:47

LooseGoose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Only the word of an actual professional political commentator that lives in Georgia.

Link? Where did he get the data? Link that.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-04-19, 20:30

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

LOL, as usual - a link demand - from now on I guess I'll play this game too.

I'm watching Survivor and the Tigers so will look during commercials to find it.

But common sense should tell you it true. NO R was going to win this outright, not with 4-5 viable contenders in the race. So their opponent was NOT Ossof but the other Rs.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-04-19, 20:42

NigelUno wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:

Spending 2 to 3 times your opponent will not win you an election if your candidate is shit. The voters are not as dumb as Ball Sak will tell you.

CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-04-19, 20:46

DWags wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

It's fake news if he links it because the other side doesn't agree with it. So why bother?
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-04-19, 20:53

CheesySpartan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

What Dems need to figure out is that they can't just buy elections.  They actually need good candidates.  The fact that Ossoff doesn't even live in the district is laughable and shows the party really has no quality candidate within it.
What an insufferably stupid point. Is that the line on Fox News today cheesy?

Its a special election in a republican district. "Oh they have no good candidates!" Yeah, no fucking shit. This isn't something where they had years to prepare. This is a "okay who is good to go right now? You? Cool, get in there hoss." (Not that I really know much about ossoff. Seems like a nice enough bloke.) If there's a point to be made* it's that despite that they still came pretty close.

*there actually isn't a point to be made and you're all just retreating to your corners and being mouthpieces. I suggest everyone take a cable news break for a minute and really think about how much time all y'all have spent today alone talking about a special election in Georgia. Not you Nigel. You're fine. You live there.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-04-19, 21:42

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:

What Dems need to figure out is that they can't just buy elections.  They actually need good candidates.  The fact that Ossoff doesn't even live in the district is laughable and shows the party really has no quality candidate within it.

Its a special election in a republican district. "Oh they have no good candidates!" Yeah, no fucking shit. This isn't something where they had years to prepare. This is a "okay who is good to go right now? You? Cool, get in there hoss." (Not that I really know much about ossoff. Seems like a nice enough bloke.) If there's a point to be made* it's that despite that they still came pretty close.

*there actually isn't a point to be made and you're all just retreating to your corners and being mouthpieces. I suggest everyone take a cable news break for a minute and really think about how much time all y'all have spent today alone talking about a special election in Georgia. Not you Nigel. You're fine. You live there.

I don't puppet. Stupid? Why? I speak from my own experiences as someone who follows the political game for the last 20 years. I've voted D and R and will continue based on who I think is the best candidate, locally, nationally. I've voted R more then D the last 6 years FWIW because here in WI that's what I agree with. I voted D more then R prior. Think about that.
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-04-19, 21:51

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:

I'm watching Survivor and the Tigers so will look during commercials to find it.

But common sense should tell you it true. NO R was going to win this outright, not with 4-5 viable contenders in the race. So their opponent was NOT Ossof but the other Rs.

Common sense huh? No link then? No evidence then?

Ossoff's ads weren't attacking those 4 Republicans. That's just not true. He threw in an occasional zinger about Trump. If his campaign spent $8 million, it was (mostly) on ads promoting himself.

The Republicans spent over $4 million attacking Ossoff. As the election neared, there were more anti-Ossoff ads on than anything else.

Moody attacked Handel, but he didn't spend all $2 million just on that. Gray did some twitter attacks on Handel.

Most of the money was not spent attacking Republicans. That's just not true.

It's not.

Sorry.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-04-19, 21:56

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Common sense huh? No link then? No evidence then?

Ossoff's ads weren't attacking those 4 Republicans. That's just not true. He threw in an occasional zinger about Trump. If his campaign spent $8 million, it was (mostly) on ads promoting himself.

The Republicans spent over $4 million attacking Ossoff. As the election neared, there were more anti-Ossoff ads on than anything else.

Moody attacked Handel, but he didn't spend all $2 million just on that. Gray did some twitter attacks on Handel.

Most of the money was not spent attacking Republicans. That's just not true.

It's not.

Sorry.

Not saying you're wrong but where is your evidence?
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-04-19, 21:58

CheesySpartan wrote:
DWags wrote:

It's fake news if he links it because the other side doesn't agree with it. So why bother?

I don't agree with it because I live in the district. I've seen the TV ads and heard the radio ads. What he said isn't true. It's just not. I think I've given enough info in this thread to show that.

The other side? What he said isn't true. Period. I don't care what "side" you're on. What he said is false. It has nothing to do with what "side" someone is on.

Most of the money was not spent attacking Republican candidates. That is false.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-04-19, 22:06

CheesySpartan wrote:

I don't puppet.  Stupid?  Why?  I speak from my own experiences as someone who follows the political game for the last 20 years. I've voted D and R and will continue based on who I think is the best candidate, locally, nationally.  I've voted R more then D the last 6 years FWIW because here in WI that's what I agree with.  I voted D more then R prior.  Think about that.
It's stupid because, like I said, it's common sense. It's like youre forgetting that the special part of special election means it's slopped together at the last second.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to think about though. I mean, I used to get a paycheck every two weeks for a couple of years from the Republican Party. So, yeah, like, I dunno. Glad you voted for some people here and there though.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-04-19, 22:11

CheesySpartan wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Common sense huh?  No link then?  No evidence then?  

Ossoff's ads weren't attacking those 4 Republicans.  That's just not true.  He threw in an occasional zinger about Trump.  If his campaign spent $8 million, it was (mostly) on ads promoting himself.

The Republicans spent over $4 million attacking Ossoff.  As the election neared, there were more anti-Ossoff ads on than anything else.

Moody attacked Handel, but he didn't spend all $2 million just on that.  Gray did some twitter attacks on Handel.

Most of the money was not spent attacking Republicans.  That's just not true.  

It's not.  

Sorry.  

Wait...are you asking Goose for his evidence too?  Or did you pick sides?

Here's 3 ads attacking Ossoff::

Here's a video similar to Ossoff ads that ran (notice he doesn't attack any of the Republicans running):

Most of the money was not spent attacking Republicans. It wasn't. Most of the money was spent promoting Ossoff and attacking Ossoff.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2017-04-19, 22:48

CheesySpartan wrote:
You can't buy elections with poor candidates.
"We need to wake up as a party..." - Sen. Graham (R) Hillary-what
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan 2017-04-19, 23:05

NigelUno wrote:
CheesySpartan wrote:

Wait...are you asking Goose for his evidence too?  Or did you pick sides?

Here's 3 ads attacking Ossoff::

Here's a video similar to Ossoff ads that ran (notice he doesn't attack any of the Republicans running):

Most of the money was not spent attacking Republicans. It wasn't. Most of the money was spent promoting Ossoff and attacking Ossoff.

Goose should link his evidence/videos as well. From what I've seen/read, Ossoff is not qualified. In fact, more then one of the other R's is a better option. Of course the voters there don't have that option (different discussion).
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-04-19, 23:11

CheesySpartan wrote:

Ease up, Travis. That's the only kind of point Cheesy knows how to make.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-03-08, 08:01

[tw]1368904352904122375[/tw]

lol, describes Trump as mega hybrid between Jesse Helms, Ronald Reagan and P.T. Barnum. He got 2 out 3 right.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2021-03-08, 08:29

CheesySpartan wrote:

I don't puppet. Stupid? Why? I speak from my own experiences as someone who follows the political game for the last 20 years. I've voted D and R and will continue based on who I think is the best candidate, locally, nationally. I've voted R more then D the last 6 years FWIW because here in WI that's what I agree with. I voted D more then R prior. Think about that.

I'm an expert! I've been watching the news for 20 years...and now I have Twitter!
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2021-03-08, 11:36

I am convinced Putin provided Trump with compromising information and/or photos of Graham to cause the 180 in the way Graham treats Trump.

It’s common knowledge the KGB (where Putin get his training) had files on a lot of foreign pols who they saw who might be useful in the future. In the US, J. Edgar Hoover kept similar files on US citizens.

Somehow Lindsay Graham went from one of Trump’s biggest critics in 2015-2016 to his biggest cheerleader in the US Senate and even after Trump’s loss in 2016.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2021-03-08, 14:45

You give Graham too much credit. He’s not trying to protect anything. He’s just a coward toady that gloms on to the strongest person in the room.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2021-03-08, 14:46

Floyd Robertson wrote:[tw]1368904352904122375[/tw]

lol, describes Trump as mega hybrid between Jesse Helms, Ronald Reagan and P.T. Barnum. He got 2 out 3 right.

Which two?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-03-08, 16:49

Guest wrote:
DWags wrote:

Still waiting on that link. "We need to wake up as a party..." - Sen. Graham (R) 502811600
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down