Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The political hodge podge thread

+20
CheesySpartan
Floyd Robertson
kingstonlake
steveschneider
AnomanderRake
MiamiSpartan
Rocinante
tGreenWay
Herbie Green
Travis of the Cosmos
Cameron
Watch Out Pylon!
InTenSity
The_Dude
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
Blanch32
xsanguine
DWags
GRR Spartan
24 posters

Page 12 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next

Go down

The political hodge podge thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The political hodge podge thread

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-05-19, 13:29

LooseGoose wrote:Corruption!!   Corruption everywhere!!!
Embassies court Ivanka Trump to build a relationship with her father’s administration

I can't wait for the day when all the Trumps are frog marched from the White House.

You and me both brother! Bring on President Pence!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The political hodge podge thread - Page 12 Empty Re: The political hodge podge thread

Post by DWags 2017-05-19, 13:53

LooseGoose wrote:Corruption!! Corruption everywhere!!!
Embassies court Ivanka Trump to build a relationship with her father’s administration

I can't wait for the day when all the Trumps are frog marched from the White House.

Seriously?

Steps toward a less democratic and more totalitarian rule:

1. Create a perpetual enemy
2. Beef up your army and your "special army". Like those roaming streets looking for illegal imigrants.
3. Abuse a compliant electorate that is willing to do harm for you in your name. Lie to them, make the lies so big they can't ignore them and will use them to keep their base "fired up". (the German people wanted Hitler to come to power, because they were READY for Hitler to come to power.
4. Hire family members. Put them in key spots.
5. Play to people's prejudice, so even if you live in Manistee Michigan you want a wall built to get rid of brown people .

There it is
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-05-19, 15:05

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

He's your President too. All of you helped elect him. In fact most of you did much more to help him than I did. That's a low bar since I did nothing.

What did I do to get him elected? Please be specific.

Bump.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-05-19, 15:12

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

What did I do to get him elected? Please be specific.

Bump.

You were a smug libtard that forced people to irrationally vote for a dangerously unqualified man.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-05-19, 15:19

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Bump.

You were a smug libtard that forced people to irrationally vote for a dangerously unqualified man.

:(
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-05-19, 15:20

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Bump.

Travis nails it. He's smarter than your average bear.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-05-19, 15:32

LooseGoose wrote:

Travis nails it. He's smarter than your average bear.

That's strange, I don't remember driving around neighborhoods with a bullhorn, yelling that people are fucking morons if they voted for Trump. Maybe I was sleep-campaigning.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-05-19, 15:54

Random thought: Anthony Weiner and Bill Clinton are in no small part responsible for giving us President Trump. That's... that's just super.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-05-19, 15:56

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Random thought: Anthony Weiner and Bill Clinton are in no small part responsible for giving us President Trump. That's... that's just super.

You know, everytime Anyhony Weiner pops up (heh) in the news I'm reminded of last fall when the brietbart types talked about how many people Hillary Clinton had murdered... I always wondered "if she really has a kill list of people to off for political purposes, how the fuck is this guy alive?" Never got an answer for that.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-05-19, 16:44

Keep watching the sideshow while Trump and his cronies take away democracy.

Quote from Dr. Timothy Snyder History Prof from Yale:

"Fascism says nothing’s true. Your daily life is not important. The facts that you think you understand are not important. All that matters is the myth ― the myth of one nation as together the myth of the mystical connection with the leader.

When we think of “Post-truth,” we think it’s something new. We think it’s something at campuses. We think it’s something irrelevant. Actually, what post-truth does is it paves the way for regime change. If we don’t have access to facts, we can’t trust each other. Without trust, there’s no law. Without law, there’s no democracy.

So if you want to rip the heart out of a democracy directly, if you want to go right at it and kill it, what you do is you go after facts. And that is what modern authoritarians do.

Step one: You lie yourself, all the time. Step two: You say it’s your opponents and the journalists who lie. Step three: Everyone looks around and says, “What is truth? There is no truth.”

And then, resistance is impossible, and the game is over."

Trump has fooled at least on regular pos
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-05-20, 11:48

Political Correctness winds it's way onward to suppression of speech - keep supporting it folks.

Student group issues apology after playing Lou Reed’s ‘Walk on the Wild Side’

“We have committed as an organization to be more mindful in our music selection during any events we hold. We will be meeting to discuss how we can create better playlists in the future.

“If there are students or members of the campus community who overheard the song in our playlist and were hurt by its inclusion and you’d like to talk with us about it and how we can do better, we welcome that.” …

In a further statement a spokesperson said: “The lyrics, ‘and then he was a she,’ devalues the experiences and identities of trans folks.

“The first issue with this is that it minimizes the experiences of oppression, and obstacles that trans people must overcome in order to be accepted in society (it’s not as simple as shaving one’s legs). It suggests that a change of appearance is a required to identify as trans, and this is a myth.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-05-20, 12:24

LooseGoose wrote:Political Correctness winds it's way onward to suppression of speech - keep supporting it folks.

“We have committed as an organization to be more mindful in our music selection during any events we hold. We will be meeting to discuss how we can create better playlists in the future.

“If there are students or members of the campus community who overheard the song in our playlist and were hurt by its inclusion and you’d like to talk with us about it and how we can do better, we welcome that.” …

In a further statement a spokesperson said: “The lyrics, ‘and then he was a she,’ devalues the experiences and identities of trans folks.

“The first issue with this is that it minimizes the experiences of oppression, and obstacles that trans people must overcome in order to be accepted in society (it’s not as simple as shaving one’s legs). It suggests that a change of appearance is a required to identify as trans, and this is a myth.

Christ, just imagine what would've happened if they played Lola by The Kinks.

The political hodge podge thread - Page 12 164a5172be5d2b0427a29955494468dca1e71cce566cc7b3cd6a0ca0cf1a34be
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-05-20, 12:50

My god. The amount of songs they'll need to stop playing due to lyrics is crazy. Good luck with that. There will be a new group each week.
I'll start
Students against violating hotels: Joe Walsh life's been good to me so far

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-05-20, 12:54

Goose has gone off the deep end lately. Sad!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-05-21, 11:07

I just sat and watched Trump's speech in Saudi Arabia.

Thought he did a bang up job.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-05-21, 11:28

LooseGoose wrote:I just sat and watched Trump's speech in Saudi Arabia.

You missed soccer for that?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-05-21, 12:20

LooseGoose wrote:I just sat and watched Trump's speech in Saudi Arabia.

Perhaps a significant change.

Bluberry motherfucker!!

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-05-21, 17:13

In the You can't make this up file

Milwaukee Sheriff Clarke has accepted an appointment to be Assistant Secretary of Homeland Security for the Trump administration.

The Dec '15 trip he took to Moscow paid for by the NRA to meet with Russian bankers doesn't appear to be an issue for the tone deaf Trump administration.  

Things just keep getting stranger and stranger.

http://csgv.org/releases/2017/sheriff-clarke-links-trump-moscow-nra/
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-05-21, 18:09

The political hodge podge thread - Page 12 DAYcXdCUMAAw7ia
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-05-21, 18:29

The GOP, NRA and Russia.
Who'd a thunk it.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/time/4696424/moscow-right-kremlin-republicans/%3Fsource%3Ddam
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-05-21, 18:42

GRR Spartan wrote:The GOP, NRA and Russia.
Who'd a thunk it.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/time/4696424/moscow-right-kremlin-republicans/%3Fsource%3Ddam

GRR, what is the connection? What are the motives of all 3 that you're implying coincide against everyone that is more grandiose than we've seen?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-05-21, 20:05

X
Pointing out how after 67 years + of being anti communist the GOP and the NRA seem to be ready to be fast friends with Putin's authoritarian government.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-05-22, 12:07

This is the world that Liberals want us to have.

Europe's first all non-white orchestra is changing the face of classical music
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-05-22, 12:09

No. I want the world where we can accept an elf as an elf, goose
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-05-22, 12:11

LooseGoose wrote:This is the world that Liberals want us to have.

What the F***!

Do they know how demoralizing how aggravating how wrong that is to not accept people because of thei color?

I'm glad we as a people never did that in our country.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-05-22, 13:06

DWags wrote:

What the F***!

Do they know how demoralizing how aggravating how wrong that is to not accept people because of thei color?

So 2 wrongs make a right.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-05-22, 13:07

Rocinante wrote:No. I want the world where we can accept an elf as an elf, goose

I can do that. I'm so inspired right now - Trump and Netanyahu make a great team. Too bad we need to impeach his ass soon.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-05-22, 13:11

GRR Spartan wrote:X
Pointing out how after 67 years + of being anti communist the GOP and the NRA seem to be ready to be fast friends with Putin's authoritarian government.

For sure, I get that part. My question behind your observation is... why? What is your implication. What are they teaming up for?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-05-22, 13:34

That's kind of fucked up. "NO WHITES ALLOWED"

DWags wrote:

What the F***!  

So you support segregation, then? Because that's what this is, and your condescending attitude conveys the message that you support this.

Trying to teach people that racism is bad and it hurts people by condoning discrimination/racism towards white people is not going to solve any problems, and it's not going to improve the state of race relations.

I'm not terribly bothered by this, mostly because it doesn't affect me at all, but also because there are still plenty of opportunities for white people to be in an orchestra, but it still strikes me as tone deaf (pun intended) and wrongheaded. In my opinion, there's nothing wrong with making a concerted effort (no pun intended) to have more racial diversity in an orchestra. Where they went wrong here was in explicitly excluding a single race from such diversity.

If you disagree, we can have a discussion about this. But that won't work if you only comment obliquely through the lenses of sarcasm and sanctimony.

Last edited by Cameron on 2017-05-22, 14:01; edited 1 time in total
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-05-22, 13:53

Cameron wrote:
we can have a discussion about this. But that won't work if you only comment obliquely through the lenses of sarcasm and sanctimony.

Dwags doing this? C'mon... that's as rare as Hale Bopp...
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-05-22, 14:23

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:

What the F***!

So 2 wrongs make a right.

Hold up here. What we need, and I advocate strongly for is more diversity in all bands. More color not only in orchestra but in marching bands. Take a look at MSU's band next fall. Do you think that the percentage of band members of color will match the student enrollment percentages? Why not? That's the question we have to come to an answer here. Why not? Black kids aren't as talented as white kids? Who agrees with that. Or, is it something deeper? It's damn expensive to be in a h.s. band. Raise money buy your instrument go to private lessons maybe, and be brought up with the type of music that we hear at MSU's halftime. How do we make that more inclusive? There is a point where you have to say, it's not two wrongs I'm working on, it's one huge wrong that has set people way back and it's another , that on the surface looks like it sure does segregate, but maybe we need to do this to generate interest and a history for various races that will make it more inclusive.

You know the most aggravating fact in law enforcement and fire enforcement in the 60's was when you had a city which had a population of 80 % african american and yet their fire and police were 95% white. Louds county was like 90% black and every elected official was white?

Goose, I know two wrongs don't make a right, but we have to keep trying to allow those cultures whidch traditionally don't enjoy that aspect of life and avenue to get the ball rolling.

I don't have an answer, and I can only imagine how pissed I'd be if I was the white trombone player that was passed over because I was white, even though everyone knew I was better. Or the white student that didn't get into Michigan but a person of color did with lower credentials. It would be very infuriating. However, I wish those attitudes had always been as prevalent in our country from the beginning of time. They weren't.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-05-22, 14:29

DWags wrote:

Hold up here.  What we need, and I advocate strongly for is more diversity in all bands.  More color not only in orchestra  but in marching bands.  Take a look at MSU's band next fall.  Do you think that the percentage of band members of color will match the student enrollment percentages?   Why not?  That's the question we have to come to an answer here.  Why not?  Black kids aren't as talented as white kids?  Who agrees with that.  Or, is it something deeper?  It's damn expensive to be in a h.s. band.

Raise money buy your instrument go to private lessons maybe, and be brought up with the type of music that we hear at MSU's halftime.   How do we make that more inclusive?  There is a point where you have to say, it's not two wrongs I'm working on, it's one huge wrong that has set people way back and it's another , that on the surface looks like it sure does segregate, but maybe we need to do this to generate interest and a history for various races that will make it more inclusive.  

Why does everything have to be some racist conspiracy?

Where I went to school instruments were provided for low-income students. Free lessons were given by drum majors.

What if... and this is a crazy thought that obviously can't be demonstrated in any other medium or similar mediums, but what if.... they're just not as into it?

DWags wrote:

You know the most aggravating fact in law enforcement and fire enforcement in the 60's was when you had a city which had a population of 80 % african american and yet their fire and police were 95% white.  Louds county was like 90% black and every elected official was white?

Goose, I know two wrongs don't make a right, but we have to keep trying to allow those cultures whidch traditionally don't enjoy that aspect of life and avenue to get the ball rolling.  

I don't have an answer, and I can only imagine how pissed I'd be if I was the white trombone player that was passed over because I was white, even though everyone knew I was better.  Or the white student that didn't get into Michigan but a person of color did with lower credentials.  It would be very infuriating.  However, I wish those attitudes had always been as prevalent in our country from the beginning of time.  They weren't.  

Oh, jesus.....
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-05-22, 14:35

LooseGoose wrote:Political Correctness winds it's way onward to suppression of speech - keep supporting it folks.

Whose (free) speech was suppressed?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-05-22, 14:39

Quit picking on white males.
They have never gotten any breaks in school or business.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-05-22, 14:51

Dwags, are you a reformed racist or something? I'm trying to figure out where this thick cloud of white guilt comes from.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-05-22, 15:00

GRR Spartan wrote:Quit picking on white males.  
They have never gotten any breaks in school or business.

Here's the deal too, I'm not.  I know it's aggravating.   I'm not trying to be an idiot on here and pretend I have this answer on how to even the playing field without harming anyone.  It's imposssible it seems.  Sucks.  I don't want two wrongs trying to make a right, but in America we are going to start taking more money from city schools which will eliminate more programs like band (Of course they'd do that before eliminating sports) and there will be a steeper slope to climb.  So, here's the deal, I could pretend I have an answer but I don't.  I do think it sucks that we ask some people to run a sprint against us and we start them 10 yards back.   I also know "affirmative action" is often abused around here, and it does become aggravating.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-05-22, 15:06

DWags,
I have been locked out of bids or had to go into a quicky business alignments with minority or women owned (at least that's what their ownership papers said) businesses just to get a chance to bid.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-05-22, 15:15

GRR Spartan wrote:DWags,
I have been locked out of bids or had to go into a quicky business alignments with minority or women owned (at least that's what their ownership papers said) businesses just to get a chance to bid.

college roommate made his wife the "owner"/President of his company. She was from the Philippines. He met her at a stripper bar and let me just say, she was/is a very nice person great host etc, but she did not have the background to run any company. But sure as hell, there she was in all the pamphlets and advertisements for his company. I get it. Oh, and she was put in place in 94 just in time for Clinton's 100 million dollar "empowerment zone" in Detroit.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-05-22, 16:18

GRR Spartan wrote:DWags,
The political hodge podge thread - Page 12 Dad7880b4b_34424so-sorry-front
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-05-22, 16:21

Marching bands and orchestras need more diversity because some white man from the suburbs says it needs to be so.

Why not just let them do what they want? Why is that such a crazy concept? Quit with your cultural marxist attempts at socially engineering a world you think should exist and let the individual decide for themselves without the constant virtue signalling. They're not impressed, btw.

"But, but... muh 1960's!!!"

Why do you whites always think you have to fix everything for everyone? And where have we seen this before, several times...."We need to put Indian kids in white schools so that they'll learn and have a better future!!! Yeah, that's it!" This is the irony behind ideologies like Dwags and he doesn't even realize what sort of slave master attitude he's actually espousing.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next