Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sexual Predator Is Speaking to the NRA Today - But They Can't Bring Guns Inside..

+3
kingstonlake
DWags
Robert J Sakimano
7 posters

Go down

The Sexual Predator Is Speaking to the NRA Today - But They Can't Bring Guns Inside..  Empty The Sexual Predator Is Speaking to the NRA Today - But They Can't Bring Guns Inside..

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-04-28, 08:29

apparently guns are dangerous.. The Sexual Predator Is Speaking to the NRA Today - But They Can't Bring Guns Inside..  2599972566

NRA members planning on attending President Trump's speech at the association's annual conference Friday in Atlanta are being asked to leave their guns at home.

Under federal law, the Secret Service can keep guns out of sites being visited by protected people, even in states with open carry laws, and such a restriction is extremely common for any event where the president is speaking.

caution: mainstream media article below

Guns Won't Be Allowed at NRA Address
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The Sexual Predator Is Speaking to the NRA Today - But They Can't Bring Guns Inside..  Empty Re: The Sexual Predator Is Speaking to the NRA Today - But They Can't Bring Guns Inside..

Post by DWags 2017-04-28, 08:34

So they're keeping guns out of an area for safety Wow what a weird idea. I always thought the more guns you had the safer it was
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The Sexual Predator Is Speaking to the NRA Today - But They Can't Bring Guns Inside..  Empty Re: The Sexual Predator Is Speaking to the NRA Today - But They Can't Bring Guns Inside..

Post by kingstonlake 2017-04-28, 08:35

Is he expecting some bad hombre's in attendance? Surely the security of an open carry audience would reduce the risk of any harm to anyone. I mean what's the worst that could happen?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-04-28, 08:38

DWags wrote: So they're keeping guns out of an area for safety Wow what a weird idea. I always thought the more guns you had the safer it was

At an NRA event. You cannot possibly script a better piece if irony.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-04-28, 08:38

DWags wrote: So they're keeping guns out of an area for safety Wow what a weird idea. I always thought the more guns you had the safer it was
hmm if you didn't know any better, you'd almost think that the republicans and their gun nut kook faithful are lying when they say that guns make you more safe.

scratch

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-04-28, 10:51

This old chestnut gets pulled out every year around the NRA convention.

Secret service regulations - not the NRA or Republican deciding.

But carry on.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-04-28, 11:05

LooseGoose wrote:This old chestnut gets pulled out every year around the NRA convention.

But carry on.

At least the secret service isn't buying what the NRA is selling......
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-04-28, 11:41

NRA knows the membership they've aggressively recruited includes the lunatic fringe.

Ever wonder why Wayne LaPierre needs body guards?
You'd think he'd be carrying at least one hand gun at all times to protect himself.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-04-28, 12:35

kingstonlake wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:This old chestnut gets pulled out every year around the NRA convention.

But carry on.

At least the secret service isn't buying what the NRA is selling......

I don't think any rational person is. It's all bullshit. Even the NRA members know it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-04-28, 12:42

if guns really made you safer - like the fine patriots of the NRA wants you to believe, you'd think they would be opposed to this.. and, ya know, maybe protest by not attending..

but.. they're not.

so that tells you all you need to know.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-04-28, 13:00

A gun makes YOU (meaning THE OWNER) safer is what I've always assumed the NRA members mean. Like perhaps they're John Wayne enough to stop a shooter or protect themselves minimum. Nobody can be that thick that they believe if everybody was carrying it would be safer.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-04-28, 13:12

DWags wrote:A gun makes YOU (meaning THE OWNER) safer is what I've always assumed the NRA members mean. Like perhaps they're John Wayne enough to stop a shooter or protect themselves minimum. Nobody can be that thick that they believe if everybody was carrying it would be safer.
pretty sure that's what they think.

I mean, gun nuts think that arming kindergarten teachers is a good idea.. so, yeah.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-04-28, 15:19

I do.

An armed society is a polite society.
- A great American
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-04-28, 15:23

LooseGoose wrote:I do.

- A great American
You use that quote a lot... I just want to point one thing out...

List of things I would definitely describe American society as being

1) Armed

List of things I would definitely not describe American society as being

1) Polite
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-04-28, 15:25

An armed society is a free society.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-04-28, 15:34

An armed society should have rules. Especially if it's not a polite one.

Figuring out how restrictive they should or shouldn't be is the first step to an enlightened society.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-04-28, 16:21

LooseGoose wrote:I do.

- A great American

Huh. The Secret Service disagrees with you.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-04-28, 16:44

DWags wrote:An armed society should have rules. Especially if it's not a polite one.

Figuring out how restrictive they should or shouldn't be is the first step to an enlightened society.

Enlightened societies aren't restrictive. Liberty is enlightenment.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down