Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The almost total media smear of Trump's administration

+10
Cameron
InTenSity
GRR Spartan
Travis of the Cosmos
Watch Out Pylon!
Floyd Robertson
DWags
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
The Pantry
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The almost total media smear of Trump's administration Empty The almost total media smear of Trump's administration

Post by The Pantry 2017-05-19, 23:54

News ain't what it use to be. It's pretty much all tabloid reporting now.

Sad to say, the once respected profession of journalism is near death.

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The almost total media smear of Trump's administration Empty Re: The almost total media smear of Trump's administration

Post by tGreenWay 2017-05-20, 00:02

Uh, you should probably study your history of journalism before making such a declaration. This ain't nothing new.
As for coverage of the Administration, it's all self-inflicted. If Donnie didn't want such negative coverage, he shouldn't be doing and saying such stupid things. Meanwhile, it remains to be seen if some of that stupid stuff is illegal, which is currently the primary reason for all that negative coverage.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

The almost total media smear of Trump's administration Empty Re: The almost total media smear of Trump's administration

Post by The Pantry 2017-05-20, 01:20

tGreenWay wrote:Uh, you should probably study your history of journalism before making such a declaration. This ain't nothing new.
As for coverage of the Administration, it's all self-inflicted. If Donnie didn't want such negative coverage, he shouldn't be doing and saying such stupid things. Meanwhile, it remains to be seen if some of that stupid stuff is illegal, which is currently the primary reason for all that negative coverage.
Trump isn't stupid and has zero to gain. There's nothing self-inflicted. Just the lib media still crying they lost and still fabricating everything they can in attempt to take him down. It's pathetic.

I've felt dismay when my candidate of choice didn't win but never like the angst libs are portraying now. Bunch of desperate, pussified thumb suckers.

Sheep-on. Trump is real.

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2017-05-20, 06:10

Oh he's real alright. We've noticed.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-05-20, 06:46

The Pantry wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Uh, you should probably study your history of journalism before making such a declaration. This ain't nothing new.
Trump isn't stupid and has zero to gain. There's nothing self-inflicted. Just the lib media still crying they lost and still fabricating everything they can in attempt to take him down. It's pathetic.

I've felt dismay when my candidate of choice didn't win but never like the angst libs are portraying now. Bunch of desperate, pussified thumb suckers.

Sheep-on. Trump is real.

You're much smarter than some republican senators who say "it's crossed into criminal investigation" or "we need an independent counsel". And they have evidence in front of them. You've been able to see through the liberal media bullshit (with help from Fox News I'm guessing ) and unlike republican senators and congressmen, you've already seen that it's bullshit. That's impressive.

Look, if anything, I hope this helps get this guys shit together. I hope it helps to get the WH focused on how to govern. This administration may well not be guilty of anything after we have this investigation, but they sure seem to step on their dick a lot.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-05-20, 06:59

Appointing Flynn as NSA director seems pretty self-inflicted to me. Firing Comey and calling him a nut-job might also be seen as self-inflicted.

Last edited by Floyd Robertson on 2017-05-20, 07:03; edited 1 time in total
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-05-20, 07:02

Floyd Robertson wrote:Appointing Flynn as NSA director seems pretty self-inflicted to me.

Librah media. Lock her up. Merica
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-05-20, 07:50

The Pantry wrote:

Sheep-on. Trump is real.

I would like more conservative voices to post here. But when you say shit like that... Jesus. That's just ignorant.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-05-20, 07:56

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Trump isn't stupid and has zero to gain. There's nothing self-inflicted. Just the lib media still crying they lost and still fabricating everything they can in attempt to take him down. It's pathetic.

Sheep-on. Trump is real.

I would like more conservative voices to post here. But when you say shit like that... Jesus. That's just ignorant.

He watches Fox News. If you watch Fox News this is truly what you believe because this is what they tell you.

Guys, seriously, I implore to watch prime time Fox for a couple of hours. Then you'll be like "of course pantry thinks this! It makes total sense!" He's wrong, they're lying to him, and he loves it because it confirms his biases, but at least you'll know why.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-05-20, 08:04

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

He watches Fox News. If you watch Fox News this is truly what you believe because this is what they tell you.

Guys, seriously, I implore to watch prime time Fox for a couple of hours. Then you'll be like "of course pantry thinks this! It makes total sense!" He's wrong, they're lying to him, and he loves it because it confirms his biases, but at least you'll know why.

Make sure you have a stiff drink with you before you watch Fox News for a couple of hours. Sorry, that's an important disclosure.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-05-20, 08:14

Make sure you have a stiff drink with you before you watch Fox News for a couple of hours. Sorry, that's an important disclosure.

And then watch MSNBC or CNN play it straight down the middle?

That's delusional.

From the raging conservatives at Harvard.
Harvard study: 80% of media coverage of Trump during first 100 days was negative in tone
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-05-20, 08:16

LooseGoose wrote:

That's delusional.

Harvard study: 80% of media coverage of Trump during first 100 days was negative in tone

I.... didn't.... say.... that.....

But again, goose, if shit is shit you can paint it in a positive light and pretend it isn't shit. It's still shit.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-05-20, 08:17

LooseGoose wrote:

That's delusional.

Seriously blanch. When did I suggest that MSNBC or CNN were better alternatives? Fuck off man. You're off your fucking rocker on this site at this point.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-05-20, 08:23

LooseGoose wrote:

That's delusional.

Seriously blanch. When did I suggest that MSNBC or CNN were better alternatives? Fuck off man. You're off your fucking rocker on this site at this point.

Oh? So you choose no news to watch? That's actually a good option. The difference is that if you truly don't think they're better why aren't you on here denigrating them?

York says Harvard found 93% negative on those channels....they're both historically unbalanced.

Byron York‏Verified account @ByronYork 1h1 hour ago
Harvard studies press coverage of Trump, finds CNN & NBC coverage is 93 percent --yes, 93 percent -- negative.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-05-20, 08:29

LooseGoose wrote:

That's delusional.

Gee, I wonder why? 90% of what that jackass does is negative.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-05-20, 08:29

And Fox is "pro Trump" only because they're not in the overwhelmingly negative camp. That's the distortion of reality that libs are pushing and you're all buying.

CNN and NBC struck a 93 percent negative tone on their Trump stories, with only 7 percent positive. CBS was third in the anti-Trump race, with a 91 to 9 ratio. And the pro-Trump Fox News? That network was 52 percent negative to 48 percent positive.

Column: Media fair to Trump? Harvard says no.

"It confirms what most people understand," said Tom Bevan, publisher and co-founder of RealClearPolitics, one of the go-to websites for media and political junkies.

Bevan spoke as a guest on "The Chicago Way" podcast that I co-host with WGN-AM radio producer Jeff Carlin.

"The response will be that Trump is deserving of this kind of coverage because he's conducted himself inappropriately, and these are self-inflicted wounds, and the press is doing nothing but covering him and his actions. But that's a little bit disingenuous," Bevan said.

"I think Trump has been treated unfairly by the press in his first 100 days. Everything he does is seen as a five-alarm fire."

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-05-20, 08:35

LooseGoose wrote:

Oh?   So you choose no news to watch?   That's actually a good option.   The difference is that if you truly don't think they're better why aren't you on here denigrating them?

York says Harvard found 93% negative on those channels....they're both historically unbalanced.

Byron York‏Verified account @ByronYork  1h1 hour ago
Harvard studies press coverage of Trump, finds CNN & NBC coverage is 93 percent --yes, 93 percent -- negative.

I think they are better than Fox. A lot better.

But they're still shit. I choose to not get my news from talking heads in a box. They're fine to get quickly caught up on stories like for instance "there's a hurricane in Florida" or "the president is in Saudi Arabia." But once they start with opinion it's time to get out. The problem with Fox is that they're too busy making up conspiracy theories about Seth Rich to even get that out of them.

Let's do a thought experiment blanch. "The News is 93% negative about trump! Blargh! Librul media!"

Okay. Cool. Here's the thing. You elected a guy with absolutely no experience whatsoever in government who doesn't know what the hell hes doing. Because he's like 97 years old, he doesn't really have the capacity to learn either. He's fucking up all over the place. Of course he is. Did you expect him not to? I mean, really, 120 days in did anyone expect him to not have a whole bunch of stupid stupid blunders at this point? We all new that he would. The problem when you're whining about the media is that you're effectively saying "I think the media should treat him with kid gloves because he clearly doesn't know what's going on yet." I don't agree whatsoever. He wanted the job and now he's got the job. Is the same media that criticized the previous president for chewing gum supposed to start treating him like a child? No. That's ridiculous.

The almost total media smear of Trump's administration DANzo35V0AAhPQ2

Last edited by Travis of the Cosmos on 2017-05-20, 08:39; edited 1 time in total
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-05-20, 08:36

LooseGoose wrote:

That's delusional.

by the way, , over 80% of my local news in Detroit is pretty negative. What should they do? Make shit up?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-05-20, 08:36

LooseGoose wrote:And Fox is "pro Trump" only because they're not in the overwhelmingly negative camp. That's the distortion of reality that libs are pushing and you're all buying.

CNN and NBC struck a 93 percent negative tone on their Trump stories, with only 7 percent positive. CBS was third in the anti-Trump race, with a 91 to 9 ratio. And the pro-Trump Fox News? That network was 52 percent negative to 48 percent positive.

"It confirms what most people understand," said Tom Bevan, publisher and co-founder of RealClearPolitics, one of the go-to websites for media and political junkies.

Bevan spoke as a guest on "The Chicago Way" podcast that I co-host with WGN-AM radio producer Jeff Carlin.

"The response will be that Trump is deserving of this kind of coverage because he's conducted himself inappropriately, and these are self-inflicted wounds, and the press is doing nothing but covering him and his actions. But that's a little bit disingenuous," Bevan said.

"I think Trump has been treated unfairly by the press in his first 100 days. Everything he does is seen as a five-alarm fire."

^^^^Guy who said previously that he hasn't watched Fox News in years^^^^

Go watch it big guy. Go do it. Solid three hours after some bad news breaks. Then look me in the eye and say they "aren't pro trump." Youll either not be able to or you'll be lying.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-05-20, 08:38

LooseGoose wrote:

Oh? So you choose no news to watch? That's actually a good option. The difference is that if you truly don't think they're better why aren't you on here denigrating them?

Byron York‏Verified account @ByronYork 1h1 hour ago

I think they are better than Fox. A lot better.

But they're still shit. I choose to not get my news from talking heads in a box. They're fine to get quickly caught up on stories like for instance "there's a hurricane in Florida" or "the president is in Saudi Arabia." But once they start with opinion it's time to get out. The problem with Fox is that they're too busy making up conspiracy theories about Seth Rich to even get that out of them.

Let's do a thought experiment blanch. "The News is 93% negative about trump! Blargh! Librul media!"

Okay. Cool. Here's the thing. You elected a guy with absolutely no experience whatsoever in government who doesn't know what the hell hes doing. Because he's like 97 years old, he doesn't really have the capacity to learn either. He's fucking up all over the place. Of course he is. Did you expect him not to? I mean, really, 120 days in did anyone expect him to not have a whole bunch of stupid stupid blunders at this point? We all new that he would. The problem when you're whining about the media is that you're effectively saying "I think the media should treat him with kid gloves because he clearly doesn't know what's going on yet." I don't agree whatsoever. He wanted the job and now he's got the job. Is the same media that criticized the previous president for chewing gum supposed to start treating him like a child? No. That's ridiculous.

But the wall.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-05-20, 08:51

LooseGoose wrote:And Fox is "pro Trump" only because they're not in the overwhelmingly negative camp. That's the distortion of reality that libs are pushing and you're all buying.

Goose, take your meds.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-05-20, 08:57

^^^^Guy who said previously that he hasn't watched Fox News in years^^^^

Go watch it big guy. Go do it. Solid three hours after some bad news breaks. Then look me in the eye and say they "aren't pro trump." Youll either not be able to or you'll be lying.

Goose lies all of the time and then throws a pity party when you call him on it. Sad.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-05-20, 09:57

The more Goosechev and Pantry post the more I think Yale History Prof Timothy Snyder PhD, has it right.

"Fascism says nothing’s true. Your daily life is not important. The facts that you think you understand are not important. All that matters is the myth ― the myth of one nation as together the myth of the mystical connection with the leader.

When we think of “Post-truth,” we think it’s something new. We think it’s something at campuses. We think it’s something irrelevant. Actually, what post-truth does is it paves the way for regime change. If we don’t have access to facts, we can’t trust each other. Without trust, there’s no law. Without law, there’s no democracy.

So if you want to rip the heart out of a democracy directly, if you want to go right at it and kill it, what you do is you go after facts. And that is what modern authoritarians do.

Step one: You lie yourself, all the time. Step two: You say it’s your opponents and the journalists who lie. Step three: Everyone looks around and says, “What is truth? There is no truth.”

And then, resistance is impossible, and the game is over.

The Trump and the GOP have no use for an independent DOJ, Federal judiciary or freedom of the press/media.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-05-20, 10:02

Yesterday on Facebook someone posted graphs. Must be the new marching orders from the right to complain about media coverage now.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-05-20, 10:42

I have no idea what MSNBC does because I don't watch them, but I didn't hear any connie bitching about how unfair that famously liberal CNN was when they turned the keys over to Trump in the year leading up to the election. He had 24 hour unfettered access to their cameras. Why don't you ask the other Republican presidential candidates if they think Donnie was mistreated by CNN. Whatever negative coverage Trump is getting now is entirely self-inflicted, and yeah, that's exactly why the numbers are so skewed toward the negative coverage. I don't GAF if some guy from RCP says it's disingenuous. It is exactly what it is.

I also find it laughable that the anti-intellectual Right trips over itself to cite a Harvard study when it's something they actually like. Suddenly, the liberal elitists in those ivory towers aren't so sanctimonious anymore.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-05-20, 11:52

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:^^^^Guy who said previously that he hasn't watched Fox News in years^^^^

And where have I said that was untrue? Again, leaping to conclusions. That was a newspaper article I have no idea how you leapt from there to making me a Fox viewer.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-05-20, 11:54

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Okay. Cool. Here's the thing. You elected a guy with absolutely no experience whatsoever in government who doesn't know what the hell hes doing.

I elected him?

I advocated against him.
I didn't vote for him in the primary or the general.

But again using your logic "I elected" him. Pure projection on your part.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-05-20, 11:54

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Goose lies all of the time and then throws a pity party when you call him on it. Sad.

You feel quite free to call me a liar. Point out a lie?? If not be a fucking man and apologize for the slur.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-05-20, 13:19

LooseGoose wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Okay. Cool. Here's the thing. You elected a guy with absolutely no experience whatsoever in government who doesn't know what the hell hes doing.

I elected him?

I advocated against him.

We all did goose. Stop trying to pretend everything is personal you child.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-05-20, 15:57

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Goose lies all of the time and then throws a pity party when you call him on it. Sad.

You feel quite free to call me a liar. Point out a lie?? If not be a fucking man and apologize for the slur.

I'm not going to go through all of your posts and point out your lies. If you would like I'll call you out every time you do it from now on. You spread your bullshit all over this board. I've asked you to post a little more honestly. You refused. People have quit this board because of the bullshit you spread.

Spare everyone the victim routine. You ignore questions when you get caught in your lies. You are what you are. Own up to it for once.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-05-20, 16:31

Wait, what? Who quit tBin because of Goose?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2017-05-20, 17:18

Dwags wrote:What should they do? Make shit up?

This does happen. CNN is a prime example.

Trump deserves all the heat he's getting, though. Tabloid-esque, sure... the CNN's, the MSNBC's... they're running tabloid shit. That's what they do. The heat he's getting from serious outfits (regardless of their "lean") like NY Times is completely justified. They're hitting him, for the most part, on far more serious transgressions that anyone should be hit on.

Would they have treated Hillary the same? Probably not, but who cares? She's not here. I'm just happy they're doing it, maybe that momentum can carry on going forward. Probably won't but you take what you can get. This is exactly the type of person that you unleash the hounds on.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-05-20, 17:41

LooseGoose wrote:

I elected him?

I advocated against him.

Great Zinger. Why not call me Goosechev too? That really gets me.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-05-20, 17:43

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I'm not going to go through all of your posts and point out your lies. If you would like I'll call you out every time you do it from now on. You spread your bullshit all over this board. I've asked you to post a little more honestly. You refused. People have quit this board because of the bullshit you spread.

Spare everyone the victim routine. You ignore questions when you get caught in your lies. You are what you are. Own up to it for once.

So I ask for you to point out the lies you accuse me of spreading and you come up empty.

What a shocker.

Tell ya what, if people left over me not agreeing with all the libs then tell me who and I'll get fuck out of here so you all can enjoy your circle jerk more fully. You won't have a single person contradicting you.

In the meantime please point out the next time I lie - that'll save you from having to go look.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-05-20, 17:54

LooseGoose wrote:

Great Zinger. Why not call me Goosechev too? That really gets me.

No, i really do think that you act like a child on this site. It's not a zinger.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-05-20, 18:06

Cameron wrote:Wait, what? Who quit tBin because of Goose?

I could think of 2-3. If it's so, it's amazing that even with an overwhelming majority on their "side" they couldn't live with a conflicting opinion. And people in here call Cons "snowflakes" now. I get called Goosechev, a serial liar with no proof, and assorted other names. Life goes on. But I'll say this - if anyone is really leaving or has left because of me, let me know. I'll have SRC nuke my account and move on, it ain't that important to me.

The almost total media smear of Trump's administration Trump-Narrative
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-05-20, 18:09

YOU DONT PROVIDE CONFLICTING OPINIONS ALL YOU DO IS SHIT ALL OVER EVERYTHING.

I'd love to have an actual conversation with you goose but you make that beyond impossible.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-05-20, 18:28

A 30-year Republican consultant with some advice to those in the Trump White House: Get out now.
Copied and pasted from the opinion page of the very conservative Chicago Tribune. But, damn that liberal media for the complete trashing of poor Donnie, who's done nothing to deserve all this negativity!

"Sticking with Trump to the bitter end and pretending the unfolding chaos is just "fake news" won't save your reputation as the walls close in. It won't ease the judgment of history. It won't do anything to polish up your future Wikipedia entry.

Cutting ties with a man who is destructive to our values, profoundly divisive, contemptuous of the rule of law and incontrovertibly unfit to serve in the highest office in the land just might. Do it now."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/commentary/ct-donald-trump-impeachment-staff-quit-20170518-story.html
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-05-20, 18:35

tGreenWay wrote:A 30-year Republican consultant with some advice to those in the Trump White House: Get out now.
Copied and pasted from the opinion page of the very conservative Chicago Tribune. But, damn that liberal media for the complete trashing of poor Donnie, who's done nothing to deserve all this negativity!

"Sticking with Trump to the bitter end and pretending the unfolding chaos is just "fake news" won't save your reputation as the walls close in. It won't ease the judgment of history. It won't do anything to polish up your future Wikipedia entry.

Cutting ties with a man who is destructive to our values, profoundly divisive, contemptuous of the rule of law and incontrovertibly unfit to serve in the highest office in the land just might. Do it now."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/commentary/ct-donald-trump-impeachment-staff-quit-20170518-story.html

Yeah - he's a true party man.

Rick Wilson (political consultant)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Rick Wilson is a national Republican political strategist and media consultant based in Florida who has produced television for governors, U.S. Senate candidates, super PACS, and corporations.[1] He became well known during the 2016 United States presidential election for his vitriolic denunciations of Donald Trump and supporters of Trump.[2] Examples include asking Ann Coulter via Twitter if Trump "pays more for anal", and on MSNBC referring to some Trump supporters as "childless single men who masturbate to anime".[3] Wilson has written in The Daily Beast, Politico, New York Daily News, The Federalist, Independent Journal Review, and Ricochet.[4]

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-05-20, 18:36

And I've followed politics closely since the late 60s and never heard of him until your post. So a nobody.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next