Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Definitive List of Studio Albums by The Who

3 posters

Go down

The Definitive List of Studio Albums by The Who Empty The Definitive List of Studio Albums by The Who

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2017-06-27, 11:59

11. Endless Wire (2006) - comes across as a Pete Townshend solo album that happens to have Roger Daltrey singing. There are some good tracks on this release but doesn't always feel like a Who album.
10. Face Dances (1981) - has a couple hits on it and a really good Entwistle rocker "You" but you definitely know Moon is gone.
9. It's Hard (1982) - "Eminence Front" has lasted and‎ "Cry If You Want" still gets played live but the rest has been forgotten.
8. ‎ A Quick One (196‎6) -  notable for "A Quick One While He's Away", "Happy Jack", and "Boris the Spider.‎
7. Who Are You (1978) - the title track is The Who's last great song. The Entwistle penned ode to a hooker "Trick of the Light" and Townshend's "Sister Disco" still hold up.
6. The Who By Numbers (1975) - a quirky album that yielded a novelty hit "Squeezebox" and also includes one of Entwistle's best efforts "Success Story.
5. The Who Sell Out (1967) - includes the first mini Rock Opera "Rael" and "I Can See For Miles"
4. Tommy (1969) - the monster rock opera and concept album that cemented their status. It hasn't aged particularly well but is still very good.
3. ‎My Generation (1965) - their debut album. The title track endures.
2. Who's Next (1971) - salvaged from the failed Lifehouse sessions this thing is crammed with classic rock hits.
1. Quadrophenia (1973) - their seminal release. This double album captures The Who at the height of their powers‎. It tells the story of Jimmy and his four personalities who comes of age during the Mods vs Rockers wars of the early 1960s Britain.

Last edited by Dr. Strangelove on 2017-06-27, 13:32; edited 1 time in total
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The Definitive List of Studio Albums by The Who Empty Re: The Definitive List of Studio Albums by The Who

Post by Guest 2017-06-27, 12:53

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
11. Endless Wire (2006) - comes across as a Pete Townshend solo album that happens to have Roger Daltrey singing. There are some good tracks on this release but doesn't always feel like a Who album.
10. Face Dances (1981) - has a couple hits on it and a really good Entwistle rocker "You" but you definitely know Moon is gone.
9. It's Hard (1982) - "Eminence Front" has lasted and‎ "Cry If You Want" still gets played live but the rest has been forgotten.
8. ‎ A Quick One (196‎6) -  notable for "A Quick One While He's Away", "Happy Jack", and "Boris the Spider.‎
7. Who Are You (1978) - the title track is The Who's last great song. The Entwistle penned ode to a hooker "Trick of the Light" and Townshend's "Sister Disco" still hold up.
6. The Who By Numbers (1975) - a quirky album that yielded a novelty hit "Squeezebox" and also includes one of Entwistle's best efforts "Success Story.
5. The Who Sell Out (1967) - includes the first mini Rock Opera "Rael" and "I Can See For Miles"
4. Tommy (1969) - the monster rock opera and concept album that cemented their status. It hasn't aged particularly well but is still very good.
3. ‎My Generation (1965) - their debut album. The title track endures.
2. Who's Next (1971) - salvaged from the failed Lifehouse sessions this thing is crammed with classic rock hits.
1. Quadrophenia (1973) - their seminal release. This double album captures The Who at the height of their powers‎. It tells the story who comes of age during the Mods vs Rockers wars of the early 1960s Britain. 

I'm going all Floyd on you....

I like Who's Next but was never a fan of most of their work.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

The Definitive List of Studio Albums by The Who Empty Re: The Definitive List of Studio Albums by The Who

Post by steveschneider 2017-06-27, 14:26

I think the best thing the Who ever recorded was on the Rolling Stones Rock N Roll circus.

I'd rank The Who Sell Out higher on my list. Such an odd album but I've always liked it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2017-06-27, 14:44

steveschneider wrote:I think the best thing the Who ever recorded was on the Rolling Stones Rock N Roll circus.

I'd rank The Who Sell Out higher on my list. Such an odd album but I've always liked it.

Sell Out isn't better than Quad, Who's Next or Tommy. My Gen started the ball rolling I think 5 is fair
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-06-27, 15:09

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
steveschneider wrote:I think the best thing the Who ever recorded was on the Rolling Stones Rock N Roll circus.

Sell Out isn't better than Quad, Who's Next or Tommy. My Gen started the ball rolling I think 5 is fair

Purely subjective stuff, but I'd take Sell Out over Quad and maybe Tommy. Tommy was always some killer and a lot of filler in my book.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2017-06-27, 15:17

steveschneider wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:

Purely subjective stuff, but I'd take Sell Out over Quad and maybe Tommy. Tommy was always some killer and a lot of filler in my book.

Eyesight to the blind, Acid Queen, and Uncle Ernie are fucking tits bro.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down