Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Supreme Court

+34
sεяεηιτλ
PennSpartan
duffy munn
Pervis Muldoon
Bredo Morstoel
RQA
Trapper Gus
TrapperGus
MiamiSpartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
tTy
Motown Spartan
WhiteBoyHatcher
AvgMSUJoe
Jake from State Farm
Cameron
InTenSity
Heat Miser
DWags
Dr. Strangelove
Dendrobates
steveschneider
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
tGreenWay
Rocinante
I.B. Fine
msugolfguy
NigelUno
kingstonlake
GRR Spartan
Turtleneck
Travis of the Cosmos
38 posters

Page 26 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Go down

The Supreme Court - Page 26 Empty Re: The Supreme Court

Post by This Is The Way 2023-08-02, 13:03

Jake from State Farm wrote:Is Ginni Thomas behind door number 6 ?

Calling Clarence Thomas an Uncle Tom is disrespectful to the character of Uncle Tom.
This Is The Way
This Is The Way
Spartiate

Trapper Gus and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-08-02, 17:05

Cameron wrote:Yet the Republicans manage to get their way when they have less than 60% of the country voting for them. Weird.

It's almost as if being limp-wristed, impotent scolds isn't actually a winning strategy either...

More details  needed as to what you mean, but...

Since the national Republican's strategy has been to block anything from happening, they only need 41 Senators to do so.  The power of "NO" is much stronger than the power of "YES" (edit - partly by how the Constitution set up the government, however the Senate Filibuster is not part of the Constitution and should be eliminated. Too many Senators like having the power of "NO", including some Democratic ones, however)

With the power of no at the federal level States controlled by Republicans have been running wild.

Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-08-08, 16:21

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/08/08/supreme-court-ghost-guns-00110294

Robert’s and Barrett joining Sotomayor, Jackson, Kagan on Bidens ghost gun regulations.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-09-26, 10:31

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/4217097-supreme-court-refuses-to-revive-alabamas-gop-drawn-congressional-map/amp/

The ruling could also provide a boost to Democrats in their quest to retake the House next year. Rather than using the Republican-drawn lines for the 2024 election cycle, the order paves the way for an independent expert appointed by a panel of federal judges to design the boundaries instead.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-09-26, 10:49

Next time there’s an opening they should put Coach Prime on the highest court in the land. Wouldn’t that be something?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Pervis Muldoon and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-09-26, 15:40

steveschneider wrote:Next time there’s an opening they should put Coach Prime on the highest court in the land. Wouldn’t that be something?
lol!
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2023-10-09, 11:16

https://www.sfgate.com/politics/article/the-supreme-court-is-illegitimate-magary-18409418.php
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2023-12-18, 11:15

Cool system our great and infallible founders set up, nope no problems here he’s just still on the take fucking up everyone’s lives 23 years later 

[tw]1736730240661991779[/tw]

Just kidding it’s not entirely the founders fault, some of them had the foresight to tell you that these things should be reevaluated regularly rather than sticking to the same archaic rules for 250 years, it’s our own hubris and hero worship culture that makes us pretend them to be gods
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-01-01, 09:50

Better to have Artificial Intelligence than whatever they have been using during the Robert's Court.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Chief Justice John Roberts on Sunday turned his focus to the promise, and shortcomings, of artificial intelligence in the federal courts, in an annual report that made no mention of Supreme Court ethics or legal controversies involving Donald Trump.

https://apnews.com/article/supreme-court-john-roberts-artificial-intelligence-3445b0df1ccf15e1e7ac13476fc935d7
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ 2024-01-01, 15:30

Trapper Gus wrote:Better to have Artificial Intelligence than whatever they have been using during the Robert's Court.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Chief Justice John Roberts on Sunday turned his focus to the promise, and shortcomings, of artificial intelligence in the federal courts, in an annual report that made no mention of Supreme Court ethics or legal controversies involving Donald Trump.

https://apnews.com/article/supreme-court-john-roberts-artificial-intelligence-3445b0df1ccf15e1e7ac13476fc935d7

The SCOTUS reminds me of another organization that is constantly being chided for their lack of accountability and apparent lack of care for the people that depend on them: The NFL & their refs.

They just ignore the real issues that make them look bad, go in the direction they want, and try to dissuade the public from their narratives through deception and misdirection. A lot of parallels in how they operate.
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-01-06, 10:13

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Supreme Court said Friday it will decide whether former President Donald Trump can be kept off the ballot because of his efforts to overturn his 2020 election loss, inserting the court squarely in the 2024 presidential campaign.

The court will be considering for the first time the meaning and reach of a provision of the 14th Amendment barring some people who “engaged in insurrection” from holding public office. The amendment was adopted in 1868, following the Civil War. It has been so rarely used that the nation’s highest court had no previous occasion to interpret it.

The high court’s decision to intervene, which both sides called for, is the most direct involvement in a presidential election since Bush v. Gore in 2000, when a conservative majority effectively decided the election for Republican George W. Bush. Only Justice Clarence Thomas remains from that court.

The 4-3 Colorado decision cites a ruling by Gorsuch when he was a federal judge in that state. That Gorsuch decision upheld Colorado’s move to strike a naturalized citizen from the state’s presidential ballot because he was born in Guyana and didn’t meet the constitutional requirements to run for office. The court found that Trump likewise doesn’t meet the qualifications due to his role in the U.S. Capitol attack on Jan. 6, 2021. That day, the Republican president had held a rally outside the White House and exhorted his supporters to “fight like hell” before they walked to the Capitol.

https://apnews.com/article/supreme-court-trump-insurrection-2024-election-0baac5ba0c1868e437e365af17eeab24
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ 2024-03-04, 10:44

Scotus says Nyet way, states can't carry out vague provisions in the constitution themselves, apparently.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/03/04/supreme-court-rules-in-trump-colorado-ballot-case.html
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2024-03-04, 10:48

sεяεηιτλ wrote:Scotus says No way, states can't carry out the constitution themselves, apparently.

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/03/04/supreme-court-rules-in-trump-colorado-ballot-case.html

I suppose that was inevitable. States haven't been able to force term limits either on Senators or Representatives running for federal office.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ 2024-03-04, 12:09

Jake from State Farm wrote:
sεяεηιτλ wrote:Scotus says No way, states can't carry out the constitution themselves, apparently.

I suppose that was inevitable. States haven't been able to force term limits either on Senators or Representatives running for federal office.

Indeed, I do believe it should be very "hard" to disqualify someone, but keeping it at the state level is a strong deterrence for this kind of anti American behavior. Making it only enforceable at the federal level effectively destroys the amendment and greatly insulates trump and people like him. Insulates him so much that it is never really an option, never really something that can happen, no matter what he says or does. Sadly, there is no mechanism at all that can reign him in even a little, so long as our politicians will never lift a finger to eat one of their own and so long as trump himself doesn't physically engage in insurrection (i.e. commit actual crimes himself. I'm not yet convinced he would be held to account even then).  Sadly, he can essentially say and provoke whatever he wants now.  As long as he himself isn't doing it. This is going to get so so so much worse now, watch.
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2024-03-04, 12:33

sεяεηιτλ wrote:
Jake from State Farm wrote:

Indeed, I do believe it should be very "hard" to disqualify someone, but keeping it at the state level is a strong deterrence for this kind of anti American behavior. Making it only enforceable at the federal level effectively destroys the amendment and greatly insulates trump and people like him. Insulates him so much that it is never really an option, never really something that can happen, no matter what he says or does. Sadly, there is no mechanism at all that can reign him in even a little, so long as our politicians will never lift a finger to eat one of their own and so long as trump himself doesn't physically engage in insurrection (i.e. commit actual crimes himself. I'm not yet convinced he would be held to account even then).  Sadly, he can essentially say and provoke whatever he wants now.  As long as he himself isn't doing it. This is going to get so so so much worse now, watch.

As much as I'd like to see DJT go away, I'm not sure enforcing the 14th amendment against someone who has never been convicted of insurrection would be a good idea. Heck, even the impeachment against him didn't reference insurrection. Seems like a bad move on the Dems part.

This post in no way implies support for Donald Trump, right leaning conservatives, religious nut jobs, or the Supreme Court.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ 2024-03-04, 12:47

TravelinMan wrote:
sεяεηιτλ wrote:

Indeed, I do believe it should be very "hard" to disqualify someone, but keeping it at the state level is a strong deterrence for this kind of anti American behavior. Making it only enforceable at the federal level effectively destroys the amendment and greatly insulates trump and people like him. Insulates him so much that it is never really an option, never really something that can happen, no matter what he says or does. Sadly, there is no mechanism at all that can reign him in even a little, so long as our politicians will never lift a finger to eat one of their own and so long as trump himself doesn't physically engage in insurrection (i.e. commit actual crimes himself. I'm not yet convinced he would be held to account even then).  Sadly, he can essentially say and provoke whatever he wants now.  As long as he himself isn't doing it.  This is going to get so so so much worse now, watch.

As much as I'd like to see DJT go away, I'm not sure enforcing the 14th amendment against someone who has never been convicted of insurrection would be a good idea.  Heck, even the impeachment against him didn't reference insurrection.  Seems like a bad move on the Dems part.

This post in no way implies support for Donald Trump, right leaning conservatives, religious nut jobs, or the Supreme Court.

I agree, which is why I think in this case the law should be built to stop the disqualification, however also the power should be kept at the state level.  Just need to tighten up the definitions.  Instead he was absolved and the 14th essentially has been nullified as an amendment. DJT can now virtually provoke and say whatever he wants and the scotus has provided cover for him. They over extended their ruling making it overly broad than it needed to be. Democrats and repubs will never vote one of their own and insurrectionist therefore the 14th amendment is no longer a thing that should be worried about.

Last edited by sεяεηιτλ on 2024-03-04, 12:49; edited 1 time in total
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-03-04, 12:49

TravelinMan wrote:
sεяεηιτλ wrote:

As much as I'd like to see DJT go away, I'm not sure enforcing the 14th amendment against someone who has never been convicted of insurrection would be a good idea. Heck, even the impeachment against him didn't reference insurrection. Seems like a bad move on the Dems part.

the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator convicted rapist isn't going anywhere as long as the mainstream media is involved, along with the republican/libertarians.

that people somehow delude themselves into believing otherwise, given everything we've witness about human depravity as it relates to christians, the mainstream media and republicans/libertarians, is mind-boggling.

one of these days, maybe a sanitation worker will hose his bloated, drug-addicted sack of rapist christian filth into a sewer.. that'll be a good day for decency.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2024-03-04, 12:51

Just would like reiterate that Merrick Garland is a spineless pussy.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2024-03-04, 13:05

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator convicted rapist isn't going anywhere as long as the mainstream media is involved, along with the republican/libertarians.

that people somehow delude themselves into believing otherwise, given everything we've witness about human depravity as it relates to christians, the mainstream media and republicans/libertarians, is mind-boggling.

one of these days, maybe a sanitation worker will hose his bloated, drug-addicted sack of rapist christian filth into a sewer.. that'll be a good day for decency.

A member of the MSM wishing Donald Trump away would be like Jim Cantore wishing hurricanes would go away.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-03-04, 13:14

TravelinMan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator convicted rapist isn't going anywhere as long as the mainstream media is involved, along with the republican/libertarians.

A member of the MSM wishing Donald Trump away would be like Jim Cantore wishing hurricanes would go away.
exactly.

nice to see people coming around.

the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator convicted rapist is the best thing that ever happened to the mainstream media and they will stop at nothing to get him re-elected.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-03-04, 13:32

TravelinMan wrote:
sεяεηιτλ wrote:

Many of the people barred from office by this amendment were never convicted of insurrection, historically that dog doesn't hunt.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2024-03-04, 13:41

Trapper Gus wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

Many of the people barred from office by this amendment were never convicted of insurrection, historically that dog doesn't hunt.

Doesn't mean that was a correct decision, either. But given the "delicacies" of moving past a civil war, I suppose I see the logic. This is a much different situation. The dog may or may not hunt, but it'll run around and bark, for sure.
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-03-05, 07:41

TravelinMan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Doesn't mean that was a correct decision, either. But given the "delicacies" of moving past a civil war, I suppose I see the logic. This is a much different situation. The dog may or may not hunt, but it'll run around and bark, for sure.

As this court keeps proving, the Republican/Conservative commitment to "Originalism" is a lie and a sham.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2024/03/supreme-court-trump-v-anderson-fourteenth-amendment-originalism/677636/?gift=j43dmafZti9kgQ5HJxDAVL9P9Mjsci3OSEgSJLdSII4&utm_source=copy-link&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=share
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by sεяεηιτλ 2024-03-05, 20:44

Trapper Gus wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

Doesn't mean that was a correct decision, either.  But given the "delicacies" of moving past a civil war, I suppose I see the logic.  This is a much different situation.  The dog may or may not hunt, but it'll run around and bark, for sure.

As this court keeps proving, the Republican/Conservative commitment to "Originalism" is a lie and a sham.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2024/03/supreme-court-trump-v-anderson-fourteenth-amendment-originalism/677636/?gift=j43dmafZti9kgQ5HJxDAVL9P9Mjsci3OSEgSJLdSII4&utm_source=copy-link&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=share

For anyone that's actually been paying attention, this is completely and utterly obvious.

All it's been used for is to justify decisions the public at large (left leaning on the whole) is not going to like.  It shifts blame from them to the constitution.  They throw up their hands "welp, what are you going to do, the constitution is what the constitution is".  The problem is that they make decisions ALL the time, i would argue the majority of the time, that do not mesh with that kind of originalism view point.  Maybe if they actually adhered to it i would respect them a little bit more, but it's just a tool to use to shift blame.  Nothing more.  Majority of the time they are just ruling how they like.  Majority of the time, they search for some justification of the day, whatever shifts the blame for their bastardized views on american society.  It's utterly unamerican and disgusting. The same exact thing happens with "state rights" advocates, they invoke it when it's convenient, they ignore it when it's not. Whatever fits their opinion they will use it or ignore it.
sεяεηιτλ
sεяεηιτλ
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn 2024-03-08, 10:41

Trapper Gus wrote:
TravelinMan wrote:

As much as I'd like to see DJT go away, I'm not sure enforcing the 14th amendment against someone who has never been convicted of insurrection would be a good idea.  Heck, even the impeachment against him didn't reference insurrection.  Seems like a bad move on the Dems part.

There was a 2/3 clause that could overturn the disqualification and sometime in the early 1870s there was an amnesty act that superseded the disqualification.   Hence the ability of ex-Confederates to be elected despite the amendment.

Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-03-08, 14:30

Zurn wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

There was a 2/3 clause that could overturn the disqualification and sometime in the early 1870s there was an amnesty act that superseded the disqualification.   Hence the ability of ex-Confederates to be elected despite the amendment.

Not so fast, birdbrain...

Specifically, the 1872 Act removed office-holding disqualifications against most of the secessionists who rebelled in the American Civil War, except for "Senators and Representatives of the thirty-sixth and thirty-seventh Congresses, officers in the judicial, military, and naval service of the United States, heads of departments, and foreign ministers of the United States."

Of course since this applied to specific people the question can be asked if Trump would qualify under these classes of people.

Well, he is very old and has dementia, but no, his insurrection, as defined by the court cases he lost in Colorado, was not part of the War of Rebellion, which ended in 1865.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2024-03-08, 14:49

Trapper Gus wrote:
Zurn wrote:

Not so fast, birdbrain...

Specifically, the 1872 Act removed office-holding disqualifications against most of the secessionists who rebelled in the American Civil War, except for "Senators and Representatives of the thirty-sixth and thirty-seventh Congresses, officers in the judicial, military, and naval service of the United States, heads of departments, and foreign ministers of the United States."

Of course since this applied to specific people the question can be asked if Trump would qualify under these classes of people.

Well, he is very old and has dementia, but no, his insurrection, as defined by the court cases he lost in Colorado, was not part of the War of Rebellion, which ended in 1865.

Birdbrain? More like Russian Quisling Agent…
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn 2024-03-09, 09:28

Trapper Gus wrote:

Wasn't this question just answered by tSCOTUS? I've been told by Bob and others around here that questioning any court decision is the same as an attack on the Constitution and democracy itself.
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-03-09, 10:33

Zurn wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Wasn't this question just answered by tSCOTUS? I've been told by Bob and others around here that questioning any court decision is the same as an attack on the Constitution and democracy itself.

Sort of no...

The court ruled 9 - 0 that the states do not have the authority to decide who is allowed in federal elections, or primaries for the same...

5 Justices in a separate statement, of which it is unclear if it is a binding ruling, or just advice, said that the Congress would need to pass a new law regarding January 6th Insurrectists to disqualify them for federal elections.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-03-12, 08:05

The Supreme Court - Page 26 Scree229
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-03-12, 10:14

Zurn wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Wasn't this question just answered by tSCOTUS?   I've been told by Bob and others around here that questioning any court decision is the same as an attack on the Constitution and democracy itself.
you won't see me arguing with court decisions, which are established in their very foundation by our Constitution.

That's what happens when you're not stained by christianity, you're morally consistent, and not attached to a political ideology.

you should give it a try sometime, dude.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn 2024-03-12, 15:39

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
you won't see me arguing with court decisions, which are established in their very foundation by our Constitution.

Robert J Sakimano as quoted in 1857 following the Dred Scott Decisiion:  "you won't see me arguing with court decisions, which are established in their very foundation by our Constitution"

Robert J Sakimano as quoted in 1896 following the Plessy Decision:  "you won't see me arguing with court decisions, which are established in their very foundation by our Constitution"

Robert J Sakimano as quoted in 1989 after Carlos DeLuna was executed despite evidence of his innocence:  "you won't see me arguing with court decisions, which are established in their very foundation by our Constitution"

Robert J Sakimano as quoted in 2022 following the Dobbs Decision:  "you won't see me arguing with court decisions, which are established in their very foundation by our Constitution."
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-03-12, 16:03

Zurn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Robert J Sakimano as quoted in 1857 following the Dred Scott Decisiion:  "you won't see me arguing with court decisions, which are established in their very foundation by our Constitution"

Robert J Sakimano as quoted in 1896 following the Plessy Decision:  "you won't see me arguing with court decisions, which are established in their very foundation by our Constitution"

Robert J Sakimano as quoted in 1989 after Carlos DeLuna was executed despite evidence of his innocence:  "you won't see me arguing with court decisions, which are established in their very foundation by our Constitution"

Robert J Sakimano as quoted in 2022 following the Dobbs Decision:  "you won't see me arguing with court decisions, which are established in their very foundation by our Constitution."

RQA, you wouldn’t be confusing disagreeing with a court decision based on ethics or morals vs a court decision that was voted on by our peers according to our laws and accepted?

In the one case you sight that was voted on by our peers, you make the strongest case possible for eliminating the death penalty. I for one, think you’re kind of being a snake by trying to hide behind “Zurn “ but I admire your stance on the death penalty.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-03-12, 20:31

Zurn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

congrats on paying attention in middle school civics and for making my point.

now let's hear more about your christian hero and his rape conviction and how you plan to overturn it.  scratch

Last edited by Robert J Sakimano on 2024-03-12, 20:37; edited 1 time in total
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-03-12, 20:33

DWags wrote:
Zurn wrote:

RQA, you wouldn’t be confusing disagreeing with a court decision based on ethics or morals vs a court decision that was voted on by our peers according to our laws and accepted?

In the one case you sight that was voted on by our peers, you make the strongest case possible for eliminating the death penalty. I for one, think you’re kind of being a snake by trying to hide behind “Zurn “ but I admire your stance on the death penalty.

yeah, I'm not sure he meant for his blinding support of the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator convicted rapist to make him seem anti-death penalty.. The Supreme Court - Page 26 502811600 - but here we are.

however, I, too, congratulated him on his anti-death penalty stance and have encouraged him to speak to his fellow church goers on the evils of 'murder'.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2024-03-12, 22:19

He will be extending that anti-death penalty thing to fertilized eggs and zigots in 5...4...3...2...

Not sure of any logic to that of course because more of those die before much development by that blood thirsty monster sky fairy in the sky than by any human agency...

Last edited by Trapper Gus on 2024-03-13, 09:06; edited 1 time in total
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn 2024-03-13, 09:03

DWags wrote:

RQA, you wouldn’t be confusing disagreeing with a court decision based on ethics or morals vs a court decision that was  voted on by our peers according to our laws and accepted?  

In the one case you sight that was voted on by our peers, you make the strongest case possible for eliminating the death penalty.   I for one, think you’re kind of being a snake by trying to hide behind “Zurn “ but I admire your stance on the death penalty.

Bob has repeatedly said that criticizing court decisions is an affront to the Constitution and  democracy itself.  He didn't differentiate them on how they were decided.  I am sure that he appreciates your help however.  

I am very open to eliminating the death penalty.

Confused about this "hiding" behind Zurn thing.
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn 2024-03-13, 09:04

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
congrats on paying attention in middle school civics and for making my point.

now let's hear more about your christian hero and his rape conviction and how you plan to overturn it.  scratch

I took civics in high school but paid enough attention to understand that Trump has not been convicted for rape.
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn 2024-03-13, 09:10

Robert J Sakimano wrote:yeah, I'm not sure he meant for his blinding support of the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator convicted rapist to make him seem anti-death penalty.. The Supreme Court - Page 26 502811600 - but here we are.

however, I, too, congratulated him on his anti-death penalty stance and have encouraged him to speak to his fellow church goers on the evils of 'murder'.

By "blinding support" of Trump you mean not voting for him in the MI primary and not voting for him in November?

BTW, many if not most of the church members that I know are against the death penalty but again for a leftist, narrative > truth
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn 2024-03-13, 09:11

Trapper Gus wrote:He will be extending that anti-death penalty thing to fertilized eggs and zigots in 5...4...3...2...

Not sure of any logic to that of course because more of those die before much development by that blood thirsty monster sky fairy in the sky than by any human agency...

If your referring to me, then nope. I take the rare moderate position on abortion as I do on many issues.
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next