Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Supreme Court

+34
sεяεηιτλ
PennSpartan
duffy munn
Pervis Muldoon
Bredo Morstoel
RQA
Trapper Gus
TrapperGus
MiamiSpartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
tTy
Motown Spartan
WhiteBoyHatcher
AvgMSUJoe
Jake from State Farm
Cameron
InTenSity
Heat Miser
DWags
Dr. Strangelove
Dendrobates
steveschneider
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
tGreenWay
Rocinante
I.B. Fine
msugolfguy
NigelUno
kingstonlake
GRR Spartan
Turtleneck
Travis of the Cosmos
38 posters

Page 27 of 27 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 25, 26, 27

Go down

The Supreme Court - Page 27 Empty Re: The Supreme Court

Post by Trapper Gus Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:12 am

Zurn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
congrats on paying attention in middle school civics and for making my point.

now let's hear more about your christian hero and his rape conviction and how you plan to overturn it.  scratch

I took civics in high school but paid enough attention to understand that Trump has not been convicted for rape.  

Hiding behind the semantics of NY State law is really a very weak defense...

When E. Jean Carroll and Donald Trump went to trial last spring over her sexual assault allegations, a nine-person civil jury found that Trump sexually abused her but that she failed to prove he raped her.

The former president made hay of that distinction when he sued Carroll in June, alleging Carroll defamed him by saying she was raped in a media interview after the verdict.

The counterattack was quickly shot down.

Federal Judge Lewis Kaplan ruled in August that the jury verdict showed Carroll's rape allegation was "substantially true" and dismissed the counterclaim.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2024/01/29/donald-trump-rape-e-jean-carroll/72295009007/

You do know that he inserted his fingers into her vagina without her consent, not sure why you think that isn't rape.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:14 am

Zurn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:yeah, I'm not sure he meant for his blinding support of the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator convicted rapist to make him seem anti-death penalty.. The Supreme Court - Page 27 502811600  - but here we are.

however, I, too, congratulated him on his anti-death penalty stance and have encouraged him to speak to his fellow church goers on the evils of 'murder'.

By "blinding support" of Trump you mean not voting for him in the MI primary and not voting for him in November?

BTW, many if not most of the  church members that I know are against the death penalty but again for a leftist, narrative > truth

Actions speak louder than words. They can say they are against the death penalty but the value of a human life is not great enough for them to vote against people and policies that support the death penalty. At the end of the day, as long as they accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior, they KNOW FOR A FACT WITHOUT A DOUBT that they are going to Heaven.

Jesus love me, this I know.

For some book that was written and edited by humans and based on oral retellings of mythical stories tells me so.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:09 am

Zurn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
congrats on paying attention in middle school civics and for making my point.

now let's hear more about your christian hero and his rape conviction and how you plan to overturn it.  scratch

I took civics in high school but paid enough attention to understand that Trump has not been convicted for rape.
well y'all might want to stop sending him money, 'cause he's using it to pay his court-ordered rape victim.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:11 am

Zurn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:yeah, I'm not sure he meant for his blinding support of the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator convicted rapist to make him seem anti-death penalty.. The Supreme Court - Page 27 502811600 - but here we are.

however, I, too, congratulated him on his anti-death penalty stance and have encouraged him to speak to his fellow church goers on the evils of 'murder'.

By "blinding support" of Trump you mean not voting for him in the MI primary and not voting for him in November?

BTW, many if not most of the church members that I know are against the death penalty but again for a leftist, narrative > truth
cool - I look forward to seeing you and your christian "pro-life" MAGA friends at the next rally to end the death penalty.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:40 am

A Supreme Court justice actually said this in a current case about freedom of speech:

""My biggest concern is that your view has the First Amendment hamstringing the federal government in significant ways in the most important time periods"

Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:45 am

Zurn wrote:A Supreme Court justice actually said this in a current case about freedom of speech:

""My biggest concern is that your view has the First Amendment hamstringing the federal government in significant ways in the most important time periods"

Seriously Dude?

The "Freedom of Speach" thing is not an absolute, and one of the reasons we have courts at all is to determine which of the competing goods, in this case government actions to protect people verses "free speech" are more important.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:47 am

Trapper Gus wrote:
Zurn wrote:A Supreme Court justice actually said this in a current case about freedom of speech:

Seriously Dude?  

The "Freedom of Speach" thing is not an absolute, and one of the reasons we have courts at all is to determine which of the competing goods, in this case government actions to protect people verses "free speech" are more important.

Protecting the people from what?

Last edited by Zurn on Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:47 am

Trapper Gus wrote:

Seriously Dude?  

imagine thinking that 'free speech' had absolutely no limits at all. The Supreme Court - Page 27 502811600 The Supreme Court - Page 27 502811600

my god, America is a stupid country and we get exactly what we deserve.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:51 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Seriously Dude?  

imagine thinking that 'free speech' had absolutely no limits at all. The Supreme Court - Page 27 502811600 The Supreme Court - Page 27 502811600

Well, I've been told that Court decisions are always correct and any questioning of them is literally an attack on the Constitution and democracy itself.

Will bump when this one plays out. The Supreme Court - Page 27 502811600
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:53 am

Zurn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Well, I've been told that Court decisions are always correct and any questioning of them is literally an attack on the Constitution and democracy itself.  

Will bump when this one plays out.   The Supreme Court - Page 27 502811600
free speech allows you to attack the courts and democracy all you want (to an extent, you'll be surprised to find out).

and it also allows me to continue pointing it out, depending on how it impacts your political/religious ideology, no matter how much it bothers you.  The Supreme Court - Page 27 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:09 am

Zurn wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Seriously Dude?  

The negative effects of shouting "Fire" in the Italian Meeting Hall in Calumet.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:14 am

Zurn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Will bump when this one plays out. The Supreme Court - Page 27 502811600

I suggest in your ignorant way you should start disobeying all the court's rulings since you seem so skeptical of their legality.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:23 am

Trapper Gus wrote:
Zurn wrote:

wait'll he hears about all of the January 6th patriots currently in prison for simply voicing their First Amendment rights.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:47 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:

Is that what this case is about?
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:28 pm

Zurn wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Is that what this case is about?  

It is one of the many examples of when you don't have a right to free speech

Did you post a link to some court case that you are talking about?

I thought you were talking about a Justice noting, correctly, that the right to free speech isn't absolute.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:38 am

Trapper Gus wrote:

I thought you were talking about a Justice noting, correctly, that the right to free speech isn't absolute.

Everyone accepts that free speech isn't absolute. but that wasn't what her comment was referring to.
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:44 am

Zurn wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Everyone accepts that free speech isn't absolute. but that wasn't what her comment was referring to.

The government has a responsibility, so as to protect us from foreign propaganda attacks, to inform social media when they know that the positing is from foreign government actors using social media clandestinely to effect voting. What the private social media companies do with that is their business.

Is that the case you have your Depends in a knot about?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Zurn Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:54 am

Keep in mind that the lower courts have already ruled against the federal government in this case and there is every expectation that the SCOTUS will too.

Not surprised that Trapper Gus and his pals stand against free speech.
Zurn
Zurn
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:02 am

Zurn wrote:Keep in mind that the lower courts have already ruled against the federal government in this case and there is every expectation that the SCOTUS will too.

Not surprised that Trapper Gus and his pals stand against free speech.

Keep in mind that it is the 5th circuit court, the one that has said the US government isn't sovereign, something the Constitution directly states the opposite of, that you are talking about.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 27 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 25, 26, 27