Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Supreme Court

+34
sεяεηιτλ
PennSpartan
duffy munn
Pervis Muldoon
Bredo Morstoel
RQA
Trapper Gus
TrapperGus
MiamiSpartan
Other Teams Pursuing That
tTy
Motown Spartan
WhiteBoyHatcher
AvgMSUJoe
Jake from State Farm
Cameron
InTenSity
Heat Miser
DWags
Dr. Strangelove
Dendrobates
steveschneider
Floyd Robertson
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
tGreenWay
Rocinante
I.B. Fine
msugolfguy
NigelUno
kingstonlake
GRR Spartan
Turtleneck
Travis of the Cosmos
38 posters

Page 17 of 27 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22 ... 27  Next

Go down

The Supreme Court - Page 17 Empty Re: The Supreme Court

Post by kingstonlake 2022-03-23, 05:49

Clarence Thomas dying from whatever put him in the hospital is better for America.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-03-23, 06:32

If her opponents in the Senate truly believe that she is so unqualified, too soft on crime, etc., why did many (most?) of them confirm her in her 3 previous appointments? Especially since as a federal judge she would have been directly presiding over the type of cases they're complaining about (child sex abuse, etc.), but not as a Supreme Court justice.

Did these Senators not do their due diligence then? Why did they fail in their job then?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-03-23, 07:45

so has she screamed, whined and cried yet or is that only the kind of thing whiny, privileged white men do?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-03-23, 07:46

MiamiSpartan wrote:If her opponents in the Senate truly believe that she is so unqualified, too soft on crime, etc., why did many (most?) of them confirm her in her 3 previous appointments?  Especially since as a federal judge she would have been directly presiding over the type of cases they're complaining about (child sex abuse, etc.), but not as a Supreme Court justice.

Did these Senators not do their due diligence then?  Why did they fail in their job then?  
(their faux outrage is designed to appeal to their knuckle-scrapin' racist bigoted base during 20 second soundbites amplified by the mainstream media).

(I know you know this.. I just enjoy pointing it out to the knuckle-scrapin' racist bigots at tSwill).

(also, I know that Guest is reading. Hi Guest).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2022-03-23, 07:48

Ginni Thomas: Wife of Supreme Court justice donated $15,000 to Trump and other GOP campaigns, records show

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-ginni-thomas-clarence-supreme-court-b2041738.html
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2022-03-23, 07:58

Robert J Sakimano wrote:so has she screamed, whined and cried yet or is that only the kind of thing whiny, privileged white men do?

Does she like beer? I mean really like beer.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-03-23, 08:11

Bredo Morstoel wrote:Stay classy, Swill. Stay classy.

Leftism and class are not compatible.

This thread is evidence of that.

RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-03-23, 08:13

Pervis Muldoon wrote:Tom Cotton asked the dumbest questions of the day

Did he ask her about the Dred Scott decision or was that someone else?
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-03-23, 08:18

RQA wrote:
Bredo Morstoel wrote:Stay classy, Swill. Stay classy.

Leftism and class are not compatible.

This thread is evidence of that.

A Trumper. Talking about class.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-03-23, 08:31

I read that the christians who a few short years ago were vocal supporters of the "grab 'em by the pussy" piece of christian filth are suddenly outraged at the idea of sexual assault.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-03-23, 09:07

RQA wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:Tom Cotton asked the dumbest questions of the day

Not everyone celebrates that decision like you do.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

duffy munn and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-03-23, 09:37

My favorite headline from the hearing: "Ketanji Brown Jackson, Biden's Supreme Court pick, refuses to define the word 'woman'." Fox News, of course.

Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-03-23, 10:15

Pervis Muldoon wrote:My favorite headline from the hearing: "Ketanji Brown Jackson, Biden's Supreme Court pick, refuses to define the word 'woman'." Fox News, of course.

The Supreme Court - Page 17 502811600

if the fragile right wing christians didn't have outrage culture, they would have absolutely nothing at all. They don't care about policy. The only thing they care about is whining and crying 'victim' at everything and creating a culture of victimhood within their knuckle-scraping base.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Pervis Muldoon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-03-23, 10:37

Can you imagine the internal outrage over the idea of a woman, let alone a black one, have the power to judge their actions or arguments? They won’t even attempt to prove statement like black people are killing white children.

Then again being a racist is now a pre qualification for many in the GOP.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and Pervis Muldoon like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-03-23, 10:51

Senator Tillis apparently asked her about dark money in SCOTUS nominations. I wonder if he asked the same thing about how all of Kavanaugh's debts got paid off.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Pervis Muldoon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-03-23, 11:12

You guys haven’t gotten to my favorite dipshit Republican comment yet :(

Mitch McConnell a few days ago- “Her supporters look at her résumé and deduce a special empathy for criminals,” Mr. McConnell said in a lengthy floor speech in which he argued that her work on behalf of the accused was a blot on her record. “I guess that means that government prosecutors and innocent crime victims start each trial at a disadvantage.”

Yes Mitch. In our system, prosecutors and alleged victims start at a disadvantage. That’s the whole fuckin point. Great job.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, Cameron, DWags, Pervis Muldoon, Jake from State Farm and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-03-23, 11:45

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:alleged victims

Alleged victims?

Generally in a criminal trial it is the defendant that is alleged. The victim is pretty well established.

RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-03-23, 11:48

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
RQA wrote:

No surprise that you think a person who cannot opine about Dred Scott is qualified for tSCOTUS.

Like your fellow leftists here, do you wish death on Clarence Thomas?
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-03-23, 11:51

RQA wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:alleged victims

Alleged victims?

Generally in a criminal trial it is the defendant that is alleged. The victim is pretty well established.

Yes. An alleged victim. Your “generally” is absurd. You don’t know if a crime took place at all in many cases.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-03-23, 11:59

I wonder if KKKavanaugh still coaches his daughter's basketball team?

man, I would get my daughter away from him like Ted Cruz trying to get his fat ass to Cancun.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-03-23, 12:33

Who was the monster from Indiana who actually said we should leave interracial marriages up to the states? If that utterance doesn’t put chills down your spine, you are one special piece of shit and you scare the hell out of me. And there are a ton of knuckle dragging backwoods racists that will vote for that. Wow our country really is going to hell

Last edited by DWags on 2022-03-23, 22:57; edited 1 time in total
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-03-23, 12:39

DWags wrote:Who was the monster from Indiana who actually said we should leave interracial marriages up to the states? If that utterance doesn’t put chills down your spine, you are one special piece of shit and you scared the hell out of me. And there are a ton of knuckle dragging backwoods races that will vote for that. Wow our country really is going to hell

I literally just saw this 11 minutes ago. No words except Indiana gonna Indiana.

[tw]1506620361525411849[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2022-03-23, 12:51

Every GOP Senator is using their time as free TV to speak to their voter base in addition donors to campaign funds their personal PAC’s.

Frightening how they no longer attempt to disguise their contempt towards minority women.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-03-23, 13:06

Travis of the Cosmos wrote: You don’t know if a crime took place at all in many cases.

Travis as he overlooks the bodies of 25,000 murdered people every year in the USA"

"Move along, nothing to see here....."

RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-03-23, 13:07

GRR Spartan wrote:Every GOP Senator is using their time as free TV to speak to their voter base in addition donors to campaign funds their personal PAC’s.

Frightening how they no longer attempt to disguise their contempt towards minority women.

To be fair, Dems are using it for the TV time, too. One of the Dem senators yesterday had all thse charts and was going on and on about Republican dark money. I watched for a good 5-10 min of this with charts and everything, but didn't hear him ask a question. Maybe he did eventually, but I tuned out.

Look, every single Senator has known exactly how they are going to vote for weeks. Most have voted to confirm her in the past. This is all just performative BS, same as other recent SCOTUS confirmation hearings.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2022-03-23, 13:14

RQA wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote: You don’t know if a crime took place at all in many cases.

Travis as he overlooks the bodies of 25,000 murdered people every year in the USA"

Have you noticed how many Republicans joke about Covid?
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-03-23, 13:46

RQA wrote:

Murder- yes, in a murder case you would know that there is a victim. Did you know though that our courts do things that aren’t murders? I know, it’s obscure trivia so stick with me here, but it turns out that a lot of the cases don’t involve murder at all. You learn something new everyday.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2022-03-23, 13:46

MiamiSpartan wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Every GOP Senator is using their time as free TV to speak to their voter base in addition donors to campaign funds their personal PAC’s.

To be fair, Dems are using it for the TV time, too.  One of the Dem senators yesterday had all thse charts and was going on and on about Republican dark money.  I watched for a good 5-10 min of this with charts and everything, but didn't hear him ask a question.  Maybe he did eventually, but I tuned out.

Look, every single Senator has known exactly how they are going to vote for weeks.  Most have voted to confirm her in the past.  This is all just performative BS, same as other recent SCOTUS confirmation hearings.
No fair about it.

No Democrat has said The SCOTUS is no place to decide issues like interracial marriage.

If you like losing freedoms vote for GOP candidates and contribute to their PAC’s.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-03-23, 14:29

at least the GOP no longer hides their contempt for America and traditional American values.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-03-23, 15:56

RQA wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:

No surprise that you think a person who cannot opine about Dred Scott is qualified for tSCOTUS.

Like your fellow leftists here, do you wish death on Clarence Thomas?

She seemed to handle all sorts of topics, from Ted Cruz's racist babies to Tom Cotton's rapists. I'm sure she could opine on your favorite SCOTUS decision.

No, I don't wish death on Clarence Thomas. I wish his illness would convince him that he needs to spend a lot more time with his family.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Robert J Sakimano and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-03-23, 17:47

GRR Spartan wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

To be fair, Dems are using it for the TV time, too.  One of the Dem senators yesterday had all thse charts and was going on and on about Republican dark money.  I watched for a good 5-10 min of this with charts and everything, but didn't hear him ask a question.  Maybe he did eventually, but I tuned out.

Look, every single Senator has known exactly how they are going to vote for weeks.  Most have voted to confirm her in the past.  This is all just performative BS, same as other recent SCOTUS confirmation hearings.
No fair about it.

No Democrat has said The SCOTUS is no place to decide issues like interracial marriage.

If you like losing freedoms vote for GOP candidates and contribute to their PAC’s.

You do remember the first paragraph you wrote, right, saying that the GOP was using it as free TV time to speak to their base and try to help their donations?  It was pretty obvious that's what I was responding to, considering the example that I gave.  So yes, to be fair, the Dems are doing that, too, they're just using different dog whistles. The fact that the Dem's dog whistles are less offensive to decent people doesn't change the fact that they're performing for the cameras, too.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-03-23, 19:27

MiamiSpartan wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:
No fair about it.

You do remember the first paragraph you wrote, right, saying that the GOP was using it as free TV time to speak to their base and try to help their donations?  It was pretty obvious that's what I was responding to, considering the example that I gave.  So yes, to be fair, the Dems are doing that, too, they're just using different dog whistles.  The fact that the Dem's dog whistles are less offensive to decent people doesn't change the fact that they're performing for the cameras, too.
yep.

Republicans want to end democracy and America.

Democrats want people to vote and have healthcare.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-03-23, 19:44

Pervis Muldoon wrote:

She seemed to handle all sorts of topics, from Ted Cruz's racist babies to Tom Cotton's rapists.  I'm sure she could opine on your favorite SCOTUS decision.  

But she couldn't.   Said she couldn't remember the basis for it, or something like that.    But since she is a leftist democrat that doesn't bother you.  

Would be like letting a surgeon operate on you after she admitted she couldn't remember where the appendix is.  

Pervis wrote:No, I don't wish death on Clarence Thomas.  

Then you're a step above most of your liberal pals around here.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2022-03-23, 20:02

Russian Quisling Agent crying about "leftists" again.

Be very afraid during the upcoming revolution. You might be in the crosshairs.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2022-03-23, 21:54

RQA wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:

She seemed to handle all sorts of topics, from Ted Cruz's racist babies to Tom Cotton's rapists.  I'm sure she could opine on your favorite SCOTUS decision.  

But she couldn't.   Said she couldn't remember the basis for it, or something like that.    But since she is a leftist democrat that doesn't bother you.  

Would be like letting a surgeon operate on you after she admitted she couldn't remember where the appendix is.  

What? No it's not. It would be like having a surgeon that doesn't know how to properly use leeches to cure disease. Or maybe doesn't know the name of the person that performed the first appendectomy.

Dude, it's history, yes, but it's a decision that was overturned by the 14th Amendment, and a decision that has therefore been completely irrelevant to the adjudication of law for over 150 years.

You have been banging on for two days because a SCOTUS nominee doesn't know off the top of her head, which particular outdated law justices used as a basis for a decision that hasn't carried any practical relevance for over a century and a half.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-03-23, 21:59

RQA wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:

"Or something like that." You clearly don't know what you're talking about, and it's likely that you keep bringing up Dred Scott because Fox News pushed a story that she said she didn't remember the basis for the opinion. Having watched that and much of the hearing, I could see that she's intelligent, reasonable and independent, with an excellent grasp of the law. You must hate her.

I find the liberals on this board to be a good group of people who are all much smarter than you.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-03-23, 22:52

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Interesting take as most Republicans would stay and fight for America while most Democrats would flee.
https://news.yahoo.com/more-republicans-democrats-theyd-stay-191953892.html
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2022-03-24, 00:01

RQA wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Interesting take as most Republicans would stay and fight for America while most Democrats would flee.  
https://news.yahoo.com/more-republicans-democrats-theyd-stay-191953892.html

Most Republicans can't wear a mask or get a shot without whining.  They love to talk tough, but in the end all they'll do is throw tantrums at the first sign of inconvenience.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

PennSpartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-03-24, 00:41

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
RQA wrote:

"Or something like that." You clearly don't know what you're talking about, and it's likely that you keep bringing up Dred Scott because Fox News pushed a story that she said she didn't remember the basis for the opinion. Having watched that and much of the hearing, I could see that she's intelligent, reasonable and independent, with an excellent grasp of the law. You must hate her.

I find the liberals on this board to be a good group of people who are all much smarter than you.

That's not why he hates her.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-03-24, 06:38

So have the GOP senators burned a cross in the hearing room yet?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 27 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22 ... 27  Next