Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trump seen bowing in prayer during Oval Office session

+9
Tim Wakefield
Travis of the Cosmos
Turtleneck
GRR Spartan
msugolfguy
kingstonlake
steveschneider
DWags
NigelUno
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Trump seen bowing in prayer during Oval Office session Empty Trump seen bowing in prayer during Oval Office session

Post by NigelUno Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:41 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/12/politics/trump-prayer-photo/index.html

Trump seen bowing in prayer during Oval Office session DEfykL7XsAArhF1

Evangelicals, like Moore, believe deeply about praying for the President. And the faith leader said that the group -- after a "lighthearted visit among friends" -- ended the meeting in prayer.

"We similarly prayed for President Obama but it's different with President Trump," Moore said. "When we are praying for President Trump, we are praying within the context of a real relationship, of true friendship."

Trump seen bowing in prayer during Oval Office session 502811600
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Trump seen bowing in prayer during Oval Office session Empty Re: Trump seen bowing in prayer during Oval Office session

Post by DWags Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:49 pm

NigelUno wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/12/politics/trump-prayer-photo/index.html

Evangelicals, like Moore, believe deeply about praying for the President. And the faith leader said that the group -- after a "lighthearted visit among friends" -- ended the meeting in prayer.

"We similarly prayed for President Obama but it's different with President Trump," Moore said. "When we are praying for President Trump, we are praying within the context of a real relationship, of true friendship."

I
Love
That

My god those christians
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Trump seen bowing in prayer during Oval Office session Empty Re: Trump seen bowing in prayer during Oval Office session

Post by steveschneider Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:59 pm

Who knew that Trump was the messiah?

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:02 pm

I think they're trying to pray the "10 year old girls are hot" out of him.

Or possibly the "if she wasn't my daughter I'd date her" out of him.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:15 pm

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/12/politics/trump-prayer-photo/index.html

I
Love
That

My god those christians

That's actually dripping with racism. Lol like that's not made up.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:39 pm

Have never seen so many preachers laying hands on a self-admitted pussy grabber
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:47 pm

What all of you heathens forget is that Christians believe in forgiveness and redemption. Obviously all of the perfect humans posting here have never needed forgiveness. Stop and pray if you ever do that people won't be assholes about it.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:51 pm

Trump seen bowing in prayer during Oval Office session Donald-Trump-with-Jerry-Falwell-Jr
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:55 pm

LooseGoose wrote:What all of you heathens forget is that Christians believe in forgiveness and redemption. Obviously all of the perfect humans posting here have never needed forgiveness. Stop and pray if you ever do that people won't be assholes about it.

Totally agree as a Catholic. You missed the bold part though, that you have to admit was odd.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:44 pm

msugolfguy wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:What all of you heathens forget is that Christians believe in forgiveness and redemption. Obviously all of the perfect humans posting here have never needed forgiveness. Stop and pray if you ever do that people won't be assholes about it.

Totally agree as a Catholic. You missed the bold part though, that you have to admit was odd.

I didn't miss it, Trump didn't say that so not germane to my post.

1) I chose not to settle on the worst interpretation the person saying that may not have worded things the best while speaking extemporaneously.

2) Unlike all the other wizards here I don't know whether #1 is true or if he's a racist. Either is possible. It's possible Johnnie Moore has done many great things for minorities. Does anyone here know? Nah, they're too busy jumping to conclusions.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:53 pm

DWags wrote:"We similarly prayed for President Obama but it's different with President Trump," Moore said. "When we are praying for President Trump, we are praying within the context of a real relationship, of true friendship."
I
Love
That

My god those christians

Yeah he sounds like a knuckledragging racist.

PR News has named him one of America’s top young P.R. executives, Christianity Today deemed him a “who’s next” leader & the Washington Post profiled his work in a major, front page feature. He has appeared on dozens of leading television, radio, print and online outlets to provide expert analysis and commentary on various topics. He has also done so as the official spokesperson for a number of organizations on a number of issues. He is also a widely read opinion columnist whose work has appeared in The Washington Post, Fox News, Relevant Magazine and CNN. He serves on the boards of World Help, the National Association of Evangelicals, The Dream Center LA, The Influence Lab, and the World Evangelical Alliance.

As a public figure, Moore is primarily known as a humanitarian who has been called one of the “world’s most influential young leaders” and “a modern day Dietrich Bonheoffer” as a result of his extensive work in the Middle East. The Vicar of Baghdad named him “one of America’s foremost spokespersons for international religious freedom.”

Perhaps some of the critics could tell us about their work in the middle east or in Asia prevent child prostitution?  He's in his 30s so all of you must be more accomplished.

Or maybe you could allow that he was giving the straight answer that President Obama wasn't a big friend of evangelicals?  You all remember the "clinging to religion" quote?   OR is truth outlawed in your America?

Last edited by LooseGoose on Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:54 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
msugolfguy wrote:

1) I chose not to settle on the worst interpretation the person saying that may not have worded things the best while speaking extemporaneously.

2) Unlike all the other wizards here I don't know whether #1 is true or if he's a racist. Either is possible. It's possible Johnnie Moore has done many great things for minorities. Does anyone here know? Nah, they're too busy jumping to conclusions.

I'll say this, politics aside...same shoes as that guy was in I wouldn't say I'm praying for Trump in the context of a real relationship, true friendship as opposed to Obama. Sorry Obama was a bit more "Christian " than Trump. I don't think many things are racist, that's pretty fucking racist.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:57 pm

I have never, in my entire life, met an evangelical Christian that actually believes in that. Theoretically they should. But they actually don't.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:00 pm

msugolfguy wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I'll say this, politics aside...same shoes as that guy was in I wouldn't say I'm praying for Trump in the context of a real relationship, true friendship as opposed to Obama. Sorry Obama was a bit more "Christian " than Trump. I don't think many things are racist, that's pretty fucking racist.

Just for debating purposes.

Let me repost that and ask you something:

We similarly prayed for President Obama but it's different with President Trump," Moore said. "When we are praying for President Trump, we are praying within the context of a real relationship, of true friendship.

He states clearly that they prayed for President Obama.
He states that they have a "real" relationship with President Trump.
He states that they have a "true" friendship with President Trump.

Where is the racism in there? If all 3 statements are true what is racist about it? Must white pastors lie if they feel a black man doesn't want to be their friend? IF they don't lie about it are they then racists?

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:02 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

I have never, in my entire life, met an evangelical Christian that actually believes in that. Theoretically they should. But they actually don't.

You need to meet a better group of Christians. A true Christian 1st acknowledges they're flawed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:05 pm

Are you guys going to talk about how Trump's dad was in the KKK?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:10 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
msugolfguy wrote:

Just for debating purposes.

Let me repost that and ask you something:

We similarly prayed for President Obama but it's different with President Trump," Moore said. "When we are praying for President Trump, we are praying within the context of a real relationship, of true friendship.

He states clearly that they prayed for President Obama.
He states that they have a "real" relationship with President Trump.
He states that they have a "true" friendship with President Trump.

Where is the racism in there? If all 3 statements are true what is racist about it? Must white pastors lie if they feel a black man doesn't want to be their friend? IF they don't lie about it are they then racists?

What in the fuck does real relationship mean or true friendship mean? The guys a pastor, don't make some subjective ass statement when you barely know Trump. Let's not even pretend Trump is Mike Pence, he isn't.

Maybe just say it's nice to have someone so supportive of the Evegaical community. Like I said I don't think many things are racist in the world, we have a few but not insane amounts. My racist alarm went off when reading that statement.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:11 pm

Turtleneck wrote:Are you guys going to talk about how Trump's dad was in the KKK?

lol, Snopes. Are you guilty of anything your ancestors did? IF so, how far back does the taint run?

A 1927 New York Times article about KKK arrests mentioned Donald Trump's father Fred, but the blurb was vague and inconclusive.

According to the article, Trump was present at a “near-riot” in Jamaica, Queens, New York in May 1927. By the paper’s count, at least 1,100 others were also in attendance. About a thousand Klansmen were also apparently at the rally when an altercation broke out, but whether Trump’s father was in any way involved with that was entirely unclear. Numerous people were charged with a variety of counts following the fight, but Trump’s father was not charged with anything at all.

While it’s possible the elder Trump attended the event along with KKK supporters and Klansmen, it’s also possible he was minding his own business in his own neighborhood, and found himself in the middle of an enormous brawl.

Good to have you stop bye and drop that steaming pile into a reasonable conversation. Shows how much you really want that.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:15 pm

msugolfguy wrote:What in the fuck does real relationship mean or true friendship mean? The guys a pastor, don't make some subjective ass statement when you barely know Trump. Let's not even pretend Trump is Mike Pence, he isn't.

Maybe just say it's nice to have someone so supportive of the Evegaical community. Like I said I don't think many things are racist in the world, we have a few but not insane amounts. My racist alarm went off when reading that statement.

For me that definition would be someone that likes me and enjoys my company and it's reciprocated.

He may indeed barely know him but he has had multiple meetings with him, Google tells us that so he does know him beyond this meeting. I didn't research how many times Obama met him.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:16 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Are you guys going to talk about how Trump's dad was in the KKK?

lol, Snopes. Are you guilty of anything your ancestors did? IF so, how far back does the taint run?

A 1927 New York Times article about KKK arrests mentioned Donald Trump's father Fred, but the blurb was vague and inconclusive.

According to the article, Trump was present at a “near-riot” in Jamaica, Queens, New York in May 1927. By the paper’s count, at least 1,100 others were also in attendance. About a thousand Klansmen were also apparently at the rally when an altercation broke out, but whether Trump’s father was in any way involved with that was entirely unclear. Numerous people were charged with a variety of counts following the fight, but Trump’s father was not charged with anything at all.

While it’s possible the elder Trump attended the event along with KKK supporters and Klansmen, it’s also possible he was minding his own business in his own neighborhood, and found himself in the middle of an enormous brawl.

Good to have you stop bye and drop that steaming pile into a reasonable conversation. Shows how much you really want that.

Uh, I only mentioned it because you were the one pushing it last spring.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:21 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
msugolfguy wrote:What in the fuck does real relationship mean or true friendship mean? The guys a pastor, don't make some subjective ass statement when you barely know Trump. Let's not even pretend Trump is Mike Pence, he isn't.

For me that definition would be someone that likes me and enjoys my company and it's reciprocated.

He may indeed barely know him but he has had multiple meetings with him, Google tells us that so he does know him beyond this meeting. I didn't research how many times Obama met him.

Like I said, just say something like it's great he supports our community. It's just a lousy ass look and really it's pretty damn racist. Id buy his comment after a couple years from now, 6 months and a few meetings...that doesn't cut the mustard in my mind. Because if we're really being honest Trump is the least religious President I can remember (I've been through 4).
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:39 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

You need to meet a better group of Christians. A true Christian 1st acknowledges they're flawed.

Correct. Let me rephrase....

I have never, in my entire life, met an evangelical Christian who was a true Christian.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:40 pm

msugolfguy wrote:Like I said, just say something like it's great he supports our community. It's just a lousy ass look and really it's pretty damn racist. Id buy his comment after a couple years from now, 6 months and a few meetings...that doesn't cut the mustard in my mind. Because if we're really being honest Trump is the least religious President I can remember (I've been through 4).

Well as I said earlier, barring other evidence of racism I ring it up to a poorly phrased statement. A google search or two tells me Mr Moore and the Obama administration were at loggerheads over refugee status for Middle East christians. So it does seem there was a history of animosity there, not friendship.

Religious rankings of Presidents in my lifetime:

Bush II - Carter

Clinton - Raised a Baptist I think - obviously faltered but like Nixon I think deep down some of it stuck.
Nixon - Raised a Quaker, might not have always lived it but it did stick with him in some aspects.

Obama - Reagan - Bush I - Kennedy - Trump - None of whom attended church in office or out really. I think they showed some religion when politically expedient.

Ford - Johnson - Never really heard much about it with these two.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:43 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

I have never, in my entire life, met an evangelical Christian who was a true Christian.

I wouldn't go that far. I was raised in evangelical churches. Haven't attended in 35 years because of all the hypocrisy. In general I'm 1st skeptical of professional Christians - those that make their living from their religion.

So in general we're not far apart. There are some good ones buried among plenty of fakes.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:46 pm

LooseGoose wrote:

I wouldn't go that far. I was raised in evangelical churches. Haven't attended in 35 years because of all the hypocrisy. In general I'm 1st skeptical of professional Christians - those that make their living from their religion.

So in general we're not far apart. There are some good ones buried among plenty of fakes.

I would go that far. And from the sounds of it you know what I mean too.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:46 pm

I may have been unfair to Bush I and Kennedy up there. I think Bush I is an Episcopalian and maybe attended more than I remember but I don't recall it being a big part of his persona. Kennedy was a practicing Catholic but certainly was an enthusiastic sinner too.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:48 pm

Do you know if Trump has asked for forgiveness for his comments on what is ok to do to a woman? Even the married ones? Are there any links to him asking for forgiveness with his crude and borderline pedo statements about a 10 year old girl ? What about being quoted as saying a judge is racist because they were of Hispanic heritage? The only thing i have to go on is his continual degradation of women as recent as two weeks ago. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he's not, and never will, ask for or feel he needs forgiveness.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:49 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
msugolfguy wrote:Like I said, just say something like it's great he supports our community. It's just a lousy ass look and really it's pretty damn racist. Id buy his comment after a couple years from now, 6 months and a few meetings...that doesn't cut the mustard in my mind. Because if we're really being honest Trump is the least religious President I can remember (I've been through 4).

Well as I said earlier, barring other evidence of racism I ring it up to a poorly phrased statement. A google search or two tells me Mr Moore and the Obama administration were at loggerheads over refugee status for Middle East christians. So it does seem there was a history of animosity there, not friendship.

Religious rankings of Presidents in my lifetime:

Bush II - Carter

Clinton - Raised a Baptist I think - obviously faltered but like Nixon I think deep down some of it stuck.
Nixon - Raised a Quaker, might not have always lived it but it did stick with him in some aspects.

Obama - Reagan - Bush I - Kennedy - Trump - None of whom attended church in office or out really. I think they showed some religion when politically expedient.

Ford - Johnson - Never really heard much about it with these two.

Well he's about to loggerhead with Trump over the Chaldean population in Michigan. They are currently on the way back out, although I think a judge gave a stay on that order.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:53 pm

LooseGoose wrote:I may have been unfair to Bush I and Kennedy up there. I think Bush I is an Episcopalian and maybe attended more than I remember but I don't recall it being a big part of his persona. Kennedy was a practicing Catholic but certainly was an enthusiastic sinner too.

Ha with you on Kennedy, guy sinned quite a bit. I met his sister once back in 03, great lady...super religious.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:21 pm

Goose, you can't possibly believe Trump is a true Christian.
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:30 pm

I don't know anything about this Moore guy, but the comment struck me as more partisan than racist.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:31 pm

Tim Wakefield wrote:Goose, you can't possibly believe Trump is a true Christian.

I don't think I said that and I did rank him pretty low on the religion scale. That said he does *seem* to be very respectful of any church/christians he's been around as President or candidate.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:32 pm

msugolfguy wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:I may have been unfair to Bush I and Kennedy up there. I think Bush I is an Episcopalian and maybe attended more than I remember but I don't recall it being a big part of his persona. Kennedy was a practicing Catholic but certainly was an enthusiastic sinner too.

Ha with you on Kennedy, guy sinned quite a bit. I met his sister once back in 03, great lady...super religious.

Eunice?? She did great work.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:33 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
msugolfguy wrote:

I interned for the family in Hyannis Port in 03. It was surreal
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:39 pm

msugolfguy wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

I interned for the family in Hyannis Port in 03. It was surreal

That would have been reAlly interesting.

Complicated legacy. I've read a fair amount of the various biographies out there. The old man was a cad and a genius, the mother nearly a saint in putting up with it all. The kids a very mixed bag of good deeds and screw ups.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:57 pm

He is making outreach to Christians a major thing.

President Trump to CBN's Pat Robertson: Putin Would Have Been Happier With Clinton

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:43 pm

Why is it "different" with Trump? Are the prayers "different" when they involve "true friendship"?

That seems (at best) poorly worded.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:12 am

here's a nice little collage of our favorite christian..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:13 am

and here is our favorite christian pedophile flirting with a 10 year old girl..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:14 am

and here is our favorite christian bragging about sexually assaulting women..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next