Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For all the complaining we do about Millennials

+6
Rocinante
Other Teams Pursuing That
tGreenWay
Travis of the Cosmos
DWags
Turtleneck
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

For all the complaining we do about Millennials  - Page 2 Empty Re: For all the complaining we do about Millennials

Post by tGreenWay Sat 29 Jul 2017 - 18:56

Turtleneck wrote:Typical worn out joke only used by baby boomers.

I've also got a nasty case of heartburn. Millennials kick and scream and whine and cry, all the way down.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

For all the complaining we do about Millennials  - Page 2 Empty Re: For all the complaining we do about Millennials

Post by Turtleneck Sat 29 Jul 2017 - 19:00

tGreenWay wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Typical worn out joke only used by baby boomers.

I've also got a nasty case of heartburn. Millennials kick and scream and whine and cry, all the way down.

Speaking of all the way down, can you touch your toes without throwing your back out?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat 29 Jul 2017 - 19:03

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Speaking of all the way down, can you touch your toes without throwing your back out?

Buck up, you'll always have soccer and your participation trophies.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sat 29 Jul 2017 - 19:05

Congratulations on your generation's greatest achievements: disco music and John Travolta.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat 29 Jul 2017 - 19:10

Don't kid yourself; my generation's greatest achievement is me. That's why both the Boomers and GenXers want to claim me.
And-oh-by-the-way, you're welcome.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sat 29 Jul 2017 - 19:11

Nobody wants to claim you. Even your dogs leaves the room when you enter.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat 29 Jul 2017 - 19:15

My dog follows me everywhere because of all the rancid millennial farts I bust out. She loves smelly things and there's nothing smellier than a millennial.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sat 29 Jul 2017 - 19:40

tGreenWay wrote:My dog follows me everywhere because of all the rancid millennial farts I bust out. She loves smelly things and there's nothing smellier than a millennial.

I imagine old ass LWS smells like farts and Bengay.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sat 29 Jul 2017 - 20:07

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:My dog follows me everywhere because of all the rancid millennial farts I bust out. She loves smelly things and there's nothing smellier than a millennial.

I imagine old ass LWS smells like farts and Bengay.

He'll be back in a few weeks and you'll have a chance to sniff him.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 3 Aug 2017 - 13:53

Bump because boomers suck.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 3 Aug 2017 - 14:49

Turtleneck wrote:
Bump because boomers suck.

This.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 3 Aug 2017 - 14:55

Lets create a master list of baby boomers on this board.

DWags
GreenWay

I think that's it. Everybody else is like 67, 40, or 22.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 3 Aug 2017 - 14:56

Turtleneck wrote:Lets create a master list of baby boomers on this board.

DWags
GreenWay

67 is still a boomer turtleneck making them an abhorrent piece of shit.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu 3 Aug 2017 - 14:56

Tanfan occasionally.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 3 Aug 2017 - 15:00

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Lets create a master list of baby boomers on this board.

DWags
GreenWay

67 is still a boomer turtleneck making them an abhorrent piece of shit.

You're right. I thought they were silents.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue 8 Aug 2017 - 23:16

Ken Norton‏Verified account
@kennethn
Millennial: your generation got houses and jobs
Boomer: yes but we lived with constant fear of nuclear winter
Millennial: hold my avocado
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 8 Aug 2017 - 23:20

Turtleneck wrote:Ken Norton‏Verified account
@kennethn

For all the complaining we do about Millennials  - Page 2 502811600

So true. Look up the duck and cover videos of the late 50's. Too funny
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue 8 Aug 2017 - 23:36

DWags wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Ken Norton‏Verified account
@kennethn

For all the complaining we do about Millennials  - Page 2 502811600

So true. Look up the duck and cover videos of the late 50's. Too funny

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed 9 Aug 2017 - 9:56

Dumbass boomers are trying to drive down the housing market.

“We’re not going no place,” replies a 70-something woman, relaxing in fuzzy white pig slippers in the row house where she’s lived twice as long as Yanoviak has been alive. “All these houses are taken.”

Like much of his generation, Yanoviak is desperate to get a piece of an increasingly scarce commodity: prime American real estate. Millennials are finding themselves out in the cold because building has slowed, and longer-living baby boomers are staying put, setting up a simmering conflict between the two biggest generations in U.S. history.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-08-08/baby-boomers-who-won-t-sell-are-dominating-the-housing-market

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed 9 Aug 2017 - 10:01

They are the worst.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed 9 Aug 2017 - 10:02

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:They are the worst.

I think they might actually be the worst. An incredibly selfish generation, particularly the ones born in the late 50s and later.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed 9 Aug 2017 - 10:10

They can have my house keys when they take them from my cold dead hands.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed 9 Aug 2017 - 10:11

Turtleneck wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:They are the worst.

I think they might actually be the worst. An incredibly selfish generation, particularly the ones born in the late 50s and later.

Oh don't get me wrong, me too. There miiiiiight be the slightest bit of hyperbole in the things I say, maybe, but they're all around awful.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue 21 Nov 2017 - 19:12

While Republican Boomers make excuses and endorse Ray Moore, it is Republican Millennials who show a hint of decency.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/why-alabama-young-republicans-deserted-roy-moore-n822731
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 21 Nov 2017 - 19:41

Turtleneck wrote:While Republican Boomers make excuses and endorse Ray Moore, it is Republican Millennials who show a hint of decency.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/why-alabama-young-republicans-deserted-roy-moore-n822731

It’s not really all that surprising.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue 21 Nov 2017 - 19:47

Travis is right. Boomers are garbage humans. DWags is an exception.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 30 Dec 2022 - 10:22

This is a real whodunit head scratcher that I just can’t wrap my head around isn’t it

And since this applies to the UK too, commentary for them-

What’s all this then?

[tw]1608746369505976323[/tw]
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri 30 Dec 2022 - 10:31

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:This is a real whodunit head scratcher that I just can’t wrap my head around isn’t it

And since this applies to the UK too, commentary for them-

What’s all this then?

[tw]1608746369505976323[/tw]

My guess is that in this end game of market capitalism the facts are that the Millennials are not gaining wealth like the generations before them did, and thus the conservative message of holding onto what they got doesn't work well, because they didn't get very much.

As a boomer it puzzles me that so many of my generation have lost their minds and vote for Republicans, when in the 60's we were all liberal enough to vote for McGovern.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 30 Dec 2022 - 10:34

As a millennial, I don’t think it’s really that complicated.

Would you like us to vote for the “panthers eating our faces” party who keeps getting elected and then panthers eat our faces, or someone else?

If conservatives would like to change this then my suggestion would be to stop saying “oh that’s what millennials want? Lol go fuck yourselves” on every single issue imaginable.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and gomersbro like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri 30 Dec 2022 - 10:36

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:As a millennial, I don’t think it’s really that complicated.

Would you like us to vote for the “panthers eating our faces” party who keeps getting elected and then panthers eat our faces, or someone else?

If conservatives would like to change this then my suggestion would be to stop saying “oh that’s what millennials want? Lol go fuck yourselves” on every single issue imaginable.

You are repeating what I just said, only with more colorful metaphors.

edit - market capitialisum, without a government-controlled feedback mechanism to recirculate the wealth that gathers at the top of the "food chain" is what the US has moved to, starting with JFK's tax cuts for his friends, and himself, at the top and being pushed whole hog by Reagan.

Without said feedback, such as 90% income taxes on high incomes, the population demographics are hollowed out, thus the voting habits of the older people who have no skin in the game of wealth preservation, remain tilted to a more liberal set of politicians.

Last edited by Trapper Gus on Fri 30 Dec 2022 - 10:41; edited 1 time in total
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 30 Dec 2022 - 10:40

Trapper Gus wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:As a millennial, I don’t think it’s really that complicated.

Not really. You, just like the Twitter thread I linked to, talked about wealth accumulation. That’s easy. But it’s literally everything else as well. Global warming, gay marriage, abortion, healthcare, on and on the list goes.

Conservatives see poll numbers of what millennials want in regards to all of those issues and then tell them to fuck off. So fine, then they will continue not voting for conservatives. But the generation behind them does not appear to be shaping up any better for them either, so they’ll eventually have to adapt.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Pervis Muldoon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri 30 Dec 2022 - 10:46

Trapper Gus wrote:

Not really. You, just like the Twitter thread I linked to, talked about wealth accumulation. That’s easy. But it’s literally everything else as well. Global warming, gay marriage, abortion, healthcare, on and on the list goes.

Conservatives see poll numbers of what millennials want in regards to all of those issues and then tell them to fuck off. So fine, then they will continue not voting for conservatives. But the generation behind them does not appear to be shaping up any better for them either, so they’ll eventually have to adapt.

I edited the post above a bit, to show the why, so to speak.

People vote for what feels good.  

If the younger population was getting ahead economically, at the same rate that the boomers did, there would be fewer negative feelings about everything else that is going on.  

You were not there, I was.  The boomers had all the same ideals that you are talking about when they were young, but economic success tends to reduce the angst of fighting for all the other things that are unfair.  You all would be no different than the boomers if you had their economic success.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 30 Dec 2022 - 10:48

Yeah sure I guess if it makes you feel any better

But we’re not here to talk about boomers and their failed generation so moving on
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and Pervis Muldoon like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri 30 Dec 2022 - 10:53

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Yeah sure I guess if it makes you feel any better

But we’re not here to talk about boomers and their failed generation so moving on

The question was "why aren't the Millennials moving to voting for conservatives as they age." 

Which was what I addressed.  I don't know how to do that without a comparison to a generation which started out just a liberal as the Millennials but then drifted away from that.

If you have a better explanation, I'm all ears, well, all eyes, I guess.

edit - btw, I must point out that the current Congress, about to expire, and the current President have done more to move forward on some of the issues you bring up, than anyone since LBJ. Also, they were led in this effort by 79-year-old Biden and 82-year-old Palosi. Babay boomers are from 1944 to 1964, which means what was accomplished was from the "Silent Generations'" leadership, with the help of boomers and younger Democratic Party members.

Last edited by Trapper Gus on Fri 30 Dec 2022 - 10:59; edited 1 time in total
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 30 Dec 2022 - 10:57

Actually, it’s a very good point.

I wonder if part of the reason that conservatives have a problem reaching millennials is that they are functionally incapable of even talking about millennials without primarily talking about some older generation first. Like there is something in the boomer brain (lead mostly) that requires it (it being literally everything) to be about them first and foremost.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron and Pervis Muldoon like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 30 Dec 2022 - 11:00

Trapper Gus wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Yeah sure I guess if it makes you feel any better

The question was "why aren't the Millennials moving to voting for conservatives as they age." 

Which was what I addressed.  I don't know how to do that without a comparison to a generation which started out just a liberal as the Millennials but then drifted away from that.

edit - btw, I must point out that the current Congress, about to expire, and the current President have done more to move forward on some of the issues you bring up, than anyone since LBJ.  Also, they were led in this effort by 79-year-old Biden and 82-year-old Palosi.  Babay boomers are from 1944 to 1964, which means what was accomplished was from the "Silent Generations'" leadership, with the help of boomers and younger Democratic Party members.

Edit- but this isn’t about democrats or boomers, is it

It’s about conservatives and millennials
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri 30 Dec 2022 - 11:09

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Actually, it’s a very good point.

I wonder if part of the reason that conservatives have a problem reaching millennials is that they are functionally incapable of even talking about millennials without primarily talking about some older generation first. Like there is something in the boomer brain (lead mostly) that requires it (it being literally everything) to be about them first and foremost.

I feel that is a meme of our current zeitgeist, which shows a shallowness in our thinking.

Every generation is compared to other generations, and every younger generation which complains about how hard life is. will hear, "when I was young, we had to walk 6 miles to school, uphill both ways, in the freezing cold" memes from the proceeding generations. You will, or maybe have already, say that to your kids.

The Conservatives have a problem reaching Millennials because Millennials do not feel good about their current situation, economics are a big part of that.

Conservatives, in general, are all about maintaining the status quo, and Millennials want nothing to do with maintaining the status quo.

Beyond that are my background explanations as to why the economics are what they are.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri 30 Dec 2022 - 11:10

Trapper Gus wrote:

edit - btw, I must point out that the current Congress, about to expire, and the current President have done more to move forward on some of the issues you bring up, than anyone since LBJ.  Also, they were led in this effort by 79-year-old Biden and 82-year-old Palosi.  Babay boomers are from 1944 to 1964, which means what was accomplished was from the "Silent Generations'" leadership, with the help of boomers and younger Democratic Party members.

Edit- but this isn’t about democrats or boomers, is it

It’s about conservatives and millennials

Sorry, but many complain that the boomers are conservative, I jumped to that conclusion about what you are saying, and more about the link you posted, which includes comparisons between various generation, boomers included.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon Fri 30 Dec 2022 - 11:26

The key for Republicans, other than actually making conditions better for people, will be to do what they do best: drive wedges between groups of working-class people. They need to stir resentment of Gen Z among millennials, since race, gender and sexuality wedges continue to weaken with young voters. Driving wedges will be a little more difficult, but they've proven to be adept at it.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri 30 Dec 2022 - 11:45

Pervis Muldoon wrote:The key for Republicans, other than actually making conditions better for people, will be to do what they do best: drive wedges between groups of working-class people. They need to stir resentment of Gen Z among millennials, since race, gender and sexuality wedges continue to weaken with young voters. Driving wedges will be a little more difficult, but they've proven to be adept at it.
All that's left after the social wedges are spent, the batshit variety rs (racists, conmen & their prey)... that's a part of what we are seeing.

Last edited by AvgMSUJoe on Fri 30 Dec 2022 - 12:20; edited 1 time in total
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Pervis Muldoon and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next