Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial 2017 Detroit Tigers Thread: We suck again (again - AUAlum whined)

+12
P Rob
Travis of the Cosmos
Tim Wakefield
MattyFresh
WhiteBoyHatcher
The Pantry
Floyd Robertson
DWags
tGreenWay
Death Roe
steveschneider
aualum06
16 posters

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

tOfficial 2017 Detroit Tigers Thread: We suck again (again - AUAlum whined) Empty tOfficial 2017 Detroit Tigers Thread: We suck again (again - AUAlum whined)

Post by aualum06 Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:41 pm

Run number two. Thanks.for that gift ellsbury
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

tOfficial 2017 Detroit Tigers Thread: We suck again (again - AUAlum whined) Empty Re: tOfficial 2017 Detroit Tigers Thread: We suck again (again - AUAlum whined)

Post by Guest Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:57 pm

aualum06 wrote:5 pitches 3 hits 1 run and then the offense goes totally inept

a game of missed chances so far.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

tOfficial 2017 Detroit Tigers Thread: We suck again (again - AUAlum whined) Empty Re: tOfficial 2017 Detroit Tigers Thread: We suck again (again - AUAlum whined)

Post by aualum06 Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:16 pm

400 doubles for VMart
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:26 pm

3rd time through the order for Zimm - hammered
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:28 pm

LooseGoose wrote:3rd time through the order for Zimm - hammered

Two bad pitches but the Yankees haven't capitalized...yet.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:32 pm

steveschneider wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:3rd time through the order for Zimm - hammered

Two bad pitches but the Yankees haven't capitalized...yet.

Good to see him pitch out of trouble. I had no faith.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:33 pm

Tip of the cap to Zimmerman. Two amazing outings against two  of the top teams in the league. Hoping he's back in form and we can count on this type of performance for a while.

Also, the sight of Rondon warming up and ready to blow this game for him again must have given him some kind of motivation to get himself out of this mess. lol!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:53 pm

Been raining out here on and off all day. I bet this rain stops but that would be sweet if they called it. Spare us all watching rondon blow a save.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:59 pm

Yeah looks like a good time to call it
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:13 pm

JV placed on waivers. Not that it means much, everyone pretty much is in August
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:17 pm

aualum06 wrote:JV placed on waivers. Not that it means much, everyone pretty much is in August

He'll clear, as will JUp, Victor, Kinsler, Anibal, Zimmerman....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:25 pm

My SiL is here watching the rain delay with me and I mentioned this. He'd never heard of it so I thought maybe some of the youngsters here had missed this moment of NYC baseball history.

How the Great Yankee Wife Swap Scandalized—and Changed—America

As America’s unofficial national pastime, baseball has traditionally steered clear of sex, America’s real pastime.

Even if Babe Ruth and Mickey Mantle scored both on and off the field, the game long had a G-rated quality. Baseball’s virginity lasted until March 4, 1973 at 10 a.m. That’s when Mike Kekich announced his “wife swap” with another Yankee pitcher, Fritz Peterson. Baseball—and America—have yet to recover.

Peterson followed with a press conference at 4. They were switching it all—houses, wives, kids, dogs. “I have nothing to hide,” Peterson said, insisting “It’s not a smutty thing”—when everybody thought it was.

“Today, he smiles, explaining: ‘Actually, it was a husbands trade,’” Jim Bouton, the saucy, outspoken, former Yankee pitcher exclaimed. “I can see trading your wife, but the dog?”

Peterson now says he had no idea it would create such a sensation. The same changing attitudes that led these two travel-roommates to switch wives so publicly emboldened reporters to report the truth so sensationally.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:43 pm

Dan Dickerson‏ @Dan_Dickerson 8m8 minutes ago
More
Rarely see an outfield underwater these days....#thatssomeheavyrain

tOfficial 2017 Detroit Tigers Thread: We suck again (again - AUAlum whined) DGQUbZkUIAQEo7Q
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:45 pm

Mario Impemba‏Verified account @mario_impemba 22m22 minutes ago
More
Been a while since I've seen this much water on a big league field.

tOfficial 2017 Detroit Tigers Thread: We suck again (again - AUAlum whined) DGQR62fVoAAL_4U
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:55 pm

I wonder if they'll get this thing finished tonight, or just call it.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:00 pm

Death Roe wrote:I wonder if they'll get this thing finished tonight, or just call it.

Being 1/2 game out of first the Yankees will wait a looooong time to call it. Probably depends if they can get the field playable.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:33 pm

Jason Beck‏Verified account @beckjason 6m6 minutes ago
More
Grounds crew removing tarp. Still raining light, but worst of the storms have moved out.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:53 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Jason Beck‏Verified account @beckjason 6m6 minutes ago
More
Grounds crew removing tarp. Still raining light, but worst of the storms have moved out.

Hope Rondon doesn't implode
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:15 pm

Should have just called it
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:22 pm

aualum06 wrote:Should have just called it

Ausmus should be bitching about every wet spot.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:29 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
aualum06 wrote:Should have just called it

Ausmus should be bitching about every wet spot.

Heh.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:49 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:I was at today's game and it was fucking nasty but I escaped just in time. We received a report from my friends in Hobo and split a mere seconds before the storm came. Just pounded beers during the first rain delay. Also destroyed some scUM fans sitting in the nosebleeds.

Bullshit. No Swill sign was on the broadcast.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:19 pm

aualum06 wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Jason Beck‏Verified account @beckjason 6m6 minutes ago
More

He threatened to....but didn't. Somewhat impressed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:35 pm

Damn....Greene is a beast so far.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:11 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Damn....Greene is a beast so far.

I wish the games weren't blacked out for me. Missed the head hunting in game one, the retaliation pitch, Kinsler's error and Adduci's amazing catch.

Really wish I had seen Greene's two nights closing as well. I know this is some blue and orange kool aid but if Zimmerman can regain his form and Norris becomes the pitcher everyone says he will be then this team might not be half bad next year.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:46 pm

steveschneider wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Damn....Greene is a beast so far.

I wish the games weren't blacked out for me. Missed the head hunting in game one, the retaliation pitch, Kinsler's error and Adduci's amazing catch.

Really wish I had seen Greene's two nights closing as well. I know this is some blue and orange kool aid but if Zimmerman can regain his form and Norris becomes the pitcher everyone says he will be then this team might not be half bad next year.

And Anibal is pitching acceptably. JV Fulmer Boyd Zimmerman Anibal Norris. The starting pieces are there. The Bullpen pieces are there.

They just need some speed and fielding. I would sincerely consider cutting\retiring Victor. That would free up a bunch of lineup flexibility and unclog the basepaths

Just for fun go here

http://www.espn.com/mlb/gamecast?gameId=370802110&version=mobile&gcSection=boxscore&src=desktop

Now tell me where the Yankees lineup is markedly superior to ours? And they're competing in the East.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:15 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

He threatened to....but didn't. Somewhat impressed.

The two sliders he got Judge with were impressive, as well as getting out of that inning.
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:35 pm

John Wagner‏ @jwagnerblade 2h2 hours ago
More
#Tigers promoting @MudHens closer Edward Mujica to Detroit. Mujica is 1-1 w/ 12 saves (T2 in IL) and 2.35 ERA. NOT on 40-man; move needed.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:37 pm

Oh shit....

Tigers PR‏ @DetroitTigersPR 49s50 seconds ago
More
The Tigers placed RHP Michael Fulmer on the 10-day DL today (retro to 8/1) with right elbow ulnar neuritis.

Chris McCosky‏ @cmccosky 48s49 seconds ago
More
It's a right ulnar neuritis. It's not the Tommy John injured
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:43 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Oh shit....

Tigers PR‏ @DetroitTigersPR 49s50 seconds ago
More
The Tigers placed RHP Michael Fulmer on the 10-day DL today (retro to 8/1) with right elbow ulnar neuritis.

Chris McCosky‏ @cmccosky 48s49 seconds ago
More
It's a right ulnar neuritis. It's not the Tommy John injured

Wtf
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:51 pm

Kinsler leads it off with a HR
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:53 pm

JUP HR to dead center.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:56 pm

Not sure they should have started the game
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:02 pm

Like the start but a total blunder by the umpires to start the game
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:29 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A2zB-e3mro

Missed the big play. Wife called me in the other room and I heard Mario and Rod call the play.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:20 pm

Brady is getting laid
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:31 pm

Quit walking people
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:05 am

Tigers are on a roll!!
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:33 pm

Living proof I'm exceptionally bored this morning.....now off for a long ATV ride.

I could actually live with this scenario for next year. Big assumption that JUp opts out but that rumor is growing stronger.

Strong starting pitching. Finally mixing some youth into the lineup. Versatile bench. Bullpen seems stronger.

Cuts the payroll by $65-70M with an additional $33M coming off after the 2018 season.

tOfficial 2017 Detroit Tigers Thread: We suck again (again - AUAlum whined) MUMAqU8
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next