Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michigan State reviewing request to allow Richard Spencer group to speak on campus

+10
steveschneider
WhiteBoyHatcher
tGreenWay
DWags
Turtleneck
Tim Wakefield
NigelUno
Floyd Robertson
GRR Spartan
Travis of the Cosmos
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Michigan State reviewing request to allow Richard Spencer group to speak on campus - Page 2 Empty Re: Michigan State reviewing request to allow Richard Spencer group to speak on campus

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-08-17, 17:13

C'mon guys. How do you not find one with a finger wag.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Michigan State reviewing request to allow Richard Spencer group to speak on campus - Page 2 Empty Re: Michigan State reviewing request to allow Richard Spencer group to speak on campus

Post by Turtleneck 2017-08-17, 17:16

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:C'mon guys. How do you not find one with a finger wag.

Because Robert E. Lee used to do the finger wag at Union troops.

Last edited by Turtleneck on 2017-08-17, 17:28; edited 1 time in total
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-08-17, 17:18

I just thought the cereal was funnier
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-08-17, 17:28

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

You serially thought that was funnier?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-08-17, 17:29

Turtleneck wrote:

You serially thought that was funnier?

Yeah
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-08-17, 17:30

But just so all y'all can feel better

Michigan State reviewing request to allow Richard Spencer group to speak on campus - Page 2 5J4wBxE
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-08-18, 08:34

sorry violent white supremacists and friends of the sexual predator.. not here.

Michigan State reviewing request to allow Richard Spencer group to speak on campus - Page 2 Giphy

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-08-18, 08:34

Bob wins the gif battle.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2017-08-18, 09:32

Fucking sad that MSU won't allow him on campus. Universities are supposed to be about diverse viewpoints and debate and while I don't agree with Spencer he should be afforded the opportunity to speak.

Additionally he shouldn't have to foot the bill to do so. That is just another way to silence free speech.

And to those that say it's too dangerous -that is the heckler's veto and another trampling upon free speech.

If MSU could host George Lincoln Rockwell and the freaking American Nazi Party approximately 20 years after WWII and in front of students who's fathers served (or quite possibly some who served themselves) and professors who served the today's little snowflakes can suck it up and have Spencer on campus.

Today it's these people we don't want to speak - who or what will it be next?

Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2017-08-18, 09:37

Dr. Strangelove wrote:Fucking sad that MSU won't allow him on campus. Universities are supposed to be about diverse viewpoints and debate and while I don't agree with Spencer he should be afforded the opportunity to speak.

Additionally he shouldn't have to foot the bill to do so. That is just another way to silence free speech.

And to those that say it's too dangerous -that is the heckler's veto and another trampling upon free speech.

If MSU could host George Lincoln Rockwell and the freaking American Nazi Party approximately 20 years after WWII and in front of students who's fathers served (or quite possibly some who served themselves) and professors who served the today's little snowflakes can suck it up and have Spencer on campus.

Meh. Its been close to 50 years and trying to talk and rationalize with neo-nazi's hasn't changed anything, then I don't think it ever will. I guess I really don't give a shit after last weekends events. I'm also thinking that they are going to come out and say that the perpetrator of the terrorist event last weekend acted alone. The problem I have with that, is that he bought into the rhetoric enough to act out, and the leaders should have some responsibility in that.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-08-18, 10:13

Dr. Strangelove wrote:Fucking sad that MSU won't allow him on campus. Universities are supposed to be about diverse viewpoints and debate and while I don't agree with Spencer he should be afforded the opportunity to speak.

Was the permit just for Spencer to show up (and give a speech like Rockwell)?

Spencer has many avenues for his free speech (which weren't available to Rockwell).

Probably not a fair comparison.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-08-18, 11:13

while I support free speech - obviously - there is a difference between free speech and violent, murderous hate speech from a terrorist organization. That's who and what this guy is - and I'm okay with MSU keeping violent hate speech off campus.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2017-08-18, 12:43

Robert J Sakimano wrote:while I support free speech - obviously - there is a difference between free speech and violent, murderous hate speech from a terrorist organization. That's who and what this guy is - and I'm okay with MSU keeping violent hate speech off campus.

Boo Bobby boo.

Hate Speech all depends on who is judging. What is to stop a public organization from deeming anyone a hate speaker and banning them?

We let the Communist party speak on campus (and not just in faculty lounges) so why not let Nazis?

Neither group is going to win the marketplace of ideas so why not let them speak?

Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-08-18, 12:45

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:while I support free speech - obviously - there is a difference between free speech and violent, murderous hate speech from a terrorist organization. That's who and what this guy is - and I'm okay with MSU keeping violent hate speech off campus.

Boo Bobby boo.

Hate Speech all depends on who is judging. What is to stop a public organization from deeming anyone a hate speaker and banning them?

We let the Communist party speak on campus (and not just in faculty lounges) so why not let Nazis?

Neither group is going to win the marketplace of ideas so why not let them speak?

Do they get to bring tiki torches and guns on campus?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-08-18, 12:57

Dr. Strangelove wrote:

Boo Bobby boo.

I draw the line at murdering people. When the sexual predator's Nazi/white supremacist party murdered someone last week in a terror attack, I think they sort of surrender their cute little "free speech" claims at that point.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-08-18, 13:03

So, again, Spencer has publically stated this is not about free speech and that he is looking for a fight.

Michigan State reviewing request to allow Richard Spencer group to speak on campus - Page 2 5904c2e5325fa
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-08-18, 13:08

Turtleneck wrote:So, again, Spencer has publically stated this is not about free speech and that he is looking for a fight.

Michigan State reviewing request to allow Richard Spencer group to speak on campus - Page 2 5904c2e5325fa
and his white supremacy/Nazi terror group has a friend in the White House - which is a shock to absolutely nobody who has paid attention the last 18 months.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-08-18, 13:10

Turtleneck wrote:So, again, Spencer has publically stated this is not about free speech and that he is looking for a fight.

I don't agree with his insane racist policies or just about anything he stands for but he has a point about all boomers being goobers.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-08-18, 13:25

I agree with just about anything he stands for

I am going to run this edited post in my Turtleneck for Mod '18 ad campaign. It will be non-stop. It is all people are going to see.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2017-08-18, 13:27

Dr. Strangelove wrote:

Boo Bobby boo.

As a matter of perspective, I had family members (by marriage) who had tattoos when they were processed into Auschwitz. They were their families only surviviors.

You boo hoo attitude is minimizing the white supremacists' by any means necessary history.

Last edited by GRR Spartan on 2017-08-18, 13:44; edited 1 time in total
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-08-18, 13:31

Turtleneck wrote:

I agree with just about anything he stands for

hi im turtleneck and I'm a dipshit who eats farts also I'm heading over to my best friend Steve Bannons house to make him feel better with a "gymnastics competition."

Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-08-18, 13:32

Turtleneck wrote:

hi im turtleneck and I'm a dipshit eats farts also I'm heading over to my best friend Steve Bannons house to make him feel better with a "gymnastics competition."

All they are going to hear on tSwill 105.1 Classic Spartan Radio is you saying "I agree with just about anything he stands for." Those are you words, correct? You said those words, right?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-08-18, 13:34

Turtleneck wrote:

I stands words?

Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2