Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy New iPhone Day! to all you tech geeks

+6
Robert J Sakimano
Other Teams Pursuing That
Dendrobates
Travis of the Cosmos
Death Roe
tGreenWay
10 posters

Go down

Happy New iPhone Day! to all you tech geeks Empty Happy New iPhone Day! to all you tech geeks

Post by tGreenWay 2017-09-12, 11:01

Been wanting a new phone for a year or so. Thinking about getting the new 8 because I don't feel like paying a grand for the new X.
And to you cliquey Apple haters, suck it. You're just as bad about your phones, and twice as dweeby in your contempt for all things Apple and its users. Happy New iPhone Day! to all you tech geeks 2809484752

https://usat.ly/2w2Xcei
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Happy New iPhone Day! to all you tech geeks Empty Re: Happy New iPhone Day! to all you tech geeks

Post by Death Roe 2017-09-12, 11:03

Had the iPhone 7, liked it, but decided to go back to Galaxy. Interested in seeing what Apple brings today. I wonder if they'll finally give everyone wireless charging, I've been wondering when a phone company will make that happen.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Happy New iPhone Day! to all you tech geeks Empty Re: Happy New iPhone Day! to all you tech geeks

Post by tGreenWay 2017-09-12, 11:06

Death Roe wrote:Had the iPhone 7, liked it, but decided to go back to Galaxy. Interested in seeing what Apple brings today. I wonder if they'll finally give everyone wireless charging, I've been wondering when a phone company will make that happen.

Rumor is, it will be available in the X.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-09-12, 11:09

tGreenWay wrote:
Death Roe wrote:Had the iPhone 7, liked it, but decided to go back to Galaxy. Interested in seeing what Apple brings today. I wonder if they'll finally give everyone wireless charging, I've been wondering when a phone company will make that happen.

They should make it available in the 8 models as well. That'd be ridiculous to make it a premium feature in a $1k+ phone, when it's been available for Android for 3 years.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-09-12, 11:16

Death Roe wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

They should make it available in the 8 models as well. That'd be ridiculous to make it a premium feature in a $1k+ phone, when it's been available for Android for 3 years.

Please direct all suggestions to Apple customer service. Thank you for waiting. Your call is important to us. An operator will be with you shortly.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-09-12, 11:17

I'm telling you, folks, Apple makes the best phones. Truly innovative and incredible technology. I've seen other wireless charging technology, and even though Apple's is similar, it's also nothing like others before it. People cannot stop coming up to me and complementing me on my iPhone. Truly remarkable.

We're gonna reinvent wireless charging, and make Samsung pay for it. Sad!
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-09-12, 11:20

Death Roe wrote:I'm telling you, folks, Apple makes the best phones. Truly innovative and incredible technology. I've seen other wireless charging technology, and even though Apple's is similar, it's also nothing like others before it. People cannot stop coming up to me and complementing me on my iPhone. Truly remarkable.

We're gonna reinvent wireless charging, and make Samsung pay for it. Sad!

Fake praise! Off to tBin with you!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2017-09-12, 11:26

I'm probably just going to go ahead and get a 7 when the 8 comes out and it's cheaper. I have a 6 or something or other now. Had android phones before that for years and I always ended up having huge battery problems. It is the only thing I care about now and I haven't yet had an issue with the iPhone so I'm unlikely to switch back. Now you know stuff about me.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-09-12, 11:29

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I'm probably just going to go ahead and get a 7 when the 8 comes out and it's cheaper. I have a 6 or something or other now. Had android phones before that for years and I always ended up having huge battery problems. It is the only thing I care about now and I haven't yet had an issue with the iPhone so I'm unlikely to switch back. Now you know stuff about me.

Can you send me your old 6 with the pictures still on it? And the location data, too?

Thanks.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2017-09-12, 11:34

Phones in general are too ridiculously expensive. And they start giving issues just a year in. Bastards do it on purpose so you spend more money.

I feel like an old person bitching. But it does feel like such a scam.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2017-09-12, 11:36

Dendrobates wrote:Phones in general are too ridiculously expensive. And they start giving issues just a year in. Bastards do it on purpose so you spend more money.

I feel like an old person bitching. But it does feel like such a scam.

Upgrading your phone when your current one doesn't have any major issues is sheep like behavior. Or you're just on your phone too much and I hate you anyway. Either way.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-09-12, 11:53

so awesome!!

I haven't looked forward to a new iPhone like this since the last time the corporate media/capitalist complex convinced me to look forward to a new iPhone..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-09-12, 11:53

If you need another device for "wireless charging" what the fuck is the difference?    You need the other device.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-09-12, 11:56

DWags wrote:If you need another device for "wireless charging" what the fuck is the difference?    You need the other device.
some commercial the other day had someone dragging a piece of luggage through the airport.. and our daughter goes "woah - that piece of luggage has a charger embedded in it"..

my wife and I were like "so... isn't that just one more thing you'll have to charge? Why not just keep your phone charged"?

then the kid kept trying to convince us about how, between charging your phone, your portable charger... and now your luggage.. your life is going to be so much easier.

Happy New iPhone Day! to all you tech geeks 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-09-12, 13:22

This is the greatest coverage of the event today: @thurrott
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2017-09-12, 13:30

gHost Spartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
some commercial the other day had someone dragging a piece of luggage through the airport.. and our daughter goes "woah - that piece of luggage has a charger embedded in it"..

my wife and I were like "so... isn't that just one more thing you'll have to charge? Why not just keep your phone charged"?

then the kid kept trying to convince us about how, between charging your phone, your portable charger... and now your luggage.. your life is going to be so much easier.

Happy New iPhone Day! to all you tech geeks 502811600
I just carry one of these around when I travel and know I'll be out all day without access to a charger. https://www.anker.com/products/variant/PowerCore-13000mAh/A1215011
I don't even know what that is, how it works or even what it's supposed to do.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-09-12, 13:35

The Palm Pre had wireless charging. That was like 8-10 years ago. Super innovative stuff from Apple.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 2017-09-12, 13:46

Turtleway, are you an Android guy?
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-09-12, 14:00

Turtleneck wrote:

The Palm Pre had wireless charging. That was like 8-10 years ago. Super innovative stuff from Apple.

Sorry, but this is a snark-free day. Please hold your snark until further notice.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-09-12, 14:03

iPhone 8 and 8 Plus are official.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-09-12, 14:21

Death Roe wrote:iPhone 8 and 8 Plus are official.

I'll go for that or one of the 7 series. Still on my 5s, but memory limits have been an issue for awhile. The X would have to be really special for me to drop a thou on it. It's not in my nature to jump on the latest tech. I wait for prices to drop on older versions.
Meanwhile, I expect Turtleneck to upgrade to the Jitterbug from his free Obamaphone soon.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-09-12, 14:21

Copy MS by skipping 9 and naming it 10 Happy New iPhone Day! to all you tech geeks 502811600
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-09-12, 14:24

Floyd Robertson wrote:Copy MS by skipping 9 and naming it 10 Happy New iPhone Day! to all you tech geeks 502811600

Tenth anniversary model. If Apple copied MS, I'd be sporting an android.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-09-12, 18:47

gHost Spartan wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Copy MS by skipping 9 and naming it 10 Happy New iPhone Day! to all you tech geeks 502811600
It's named "X" not ten, duh....

Named X, pronounced Ten.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-09-12, 22:12

X is pronounced "ex," Greenway
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-09-13, 00:44

Death Roe wrote:X is pronounced "ex," Greenway

Happy New iPhone Day! to all you tech geeks 502811600 Yes, thanks, DR. I know that. However, I was referring to the new Apple phone.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down