Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I remember when all the "smart" people said this wouldn't happen.....

+6
Travis of the Cosmos
tGreenWay
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
GRR Spartan
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I remember when all the "smart" people said this wouldn't happen..... - Page 2 Empty Re: I remember when all the "smart" people said this wouldn't happen.....

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:37 am

so the same people upset about statues are okay a white supremacist sexual predator pretending to run the country?

not shocking. At all.  I remember when all the "smart" people said this wouldn't happen..... - Page 2 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I remember when all the "smart" people said this wouldn't happen..... - Page 2 Empty Re: I remember when all the "smart" people said this wouldn't happen.....

Post by NigelUno Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:18 am

I remember when a bunch of nazis (who incidentally are now perfectly fine carrying torches and marching around WITHOUT hoods on) and white supremacists held a rally and a lady died.

And then I remember when Goose found a new cause...not standing up to nazis, not standing up to white supremacists, not standing up to the KKK, but...

Statues!!!

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:28 am

LooseGoose wrote:lol, I see no one wants to discuss the statue issue. I'm sorry you were all so totally wrong about the idiocy of your allies.

I don't care if statues of Thomas Jefferson get vandalized. I also don't care if the flag gets set on fire. I also don't care if citizens refuse to stand for the anthem. All these are expressions of frustration at systematic oppression, and I welcome them because I believe we must call attention to what is a problem, not quietly stand in reverence at a country that is not perfect in the slightest, but is a work in progress always. And I never said it wouldn't happen, so I'd like to see who you think did.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:28 am

NigelUno wrote:I remember when a bunch of nazis (who incidentally are now perfectly fine carrying torches and marching around WITHOUT hoods on) and white supremacists held a rally and a lady died.

And then I remember when Goose found a new cause...not standing up to nazis, not standing up to white supremacists, not standing up to the KKK, but...

Statues!!!

kinda shocking that right wing folks are more upset with statues than a white supremacist terror attack in our homeland.

oh - wait.. it's not at all shocking.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:29 am

and, Goose - for the record - you know I dig you. But I don't really care about statues. If people wanna tear them down, they can - and then they can be arrested for vandalism or whatever.

It's truly not the kind of thing I lose sleep about.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:30 pm

Refusing to rent housing to minorities isn't racism in Mio?

Guess you'd have to find a person with brown skin in Mio first.

That's Goose as in Goose Step?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:35 pm

Rocinante wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:lol, I see no one wants to discuss the statue issue. I'm sorry you were all so totally wrong about the idiocy of your allies.

I don't care if statues of Thomas Jefferson get vandalized. I also don't care if the flag gets set on fire. I also don't care if citizens refuse to stand for the anthem. All these are expressions of frustration at systematic oppression, and I welcome them because I believe we must call attention to what is a problem, not quietly stand in reverence at a country that is not perfect in the slightest, but is a work in progress always. And I never said it wouldn't happen, so I'd like to see who you think did.

What Roc said.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:36 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:and, Goose - for the record - you know I dig you. But I don't really care about statues. If people wanna tear them down, they can - and then they can be arrested for vandalism or whatever.

Bob, too.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:01 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:and, Goose - for the record - you know I dig you. But I don't really care about statues. If people wanna tear them down, they can - and then they can be arrested for vandalism or whatever.

Bob, too.
you're a great American.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:30 pm

The Sage of Mio is gone trolling on the rcmb.

Big tough guy won't post here because people are mean and qestion him.

So the tough right to lfe guy is really a cowardly troll.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:27 pm

Citing Talmadge racism, Savannah votes to change iconic bridge’s name

Goose lost another one.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:55 pm

That crazy ass Trump....

I remember when all the "smart" people said this wouldn't happen..... - Page 2 DNPNbg2W4AANG6c
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:05 pm

More faux patriotism from, Loose. I remember when all the "smart" people said this wouldn't happen..... - Page 2 502811600
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:51 pm

Honest question- were there other plaques in said church besides Robert E Lee and George Washington?

It’s important because it’s the difference between “we specifically need to take Washington and Lee down amongst all of these” and “we should probably take this Lee one down, but that might upset some folk too so fuck it let’s just take both down we’re a church anyway why do we need plaques for historical political figures?”

Before working into hysterics and posting every single time anyone breaths on a statue let’s see if we can figure out the why of what they did first.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2