Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Green Bay Packers suck

+33
Pervis Muldoon
gomersbro
Trapper Gus
Heat Miser
Spartytruth
Jake from State Farm
PennSpartan
Sparteepee
Motown Spartan
AvgMSUJoe
Rocinante
MiamiSpartan
CORNER BLITZ
kingstonlake
steveschneider
Floyd Robertson
duffy munn
Cameron
Nordic
Death Roe
MSU addict
Senior Dickfist
InTenSity
Travis of the Cosmos
Watch Out Pylon!
MattyFresh
The Pantry
I.B. Fine
WhiteBoyHatcher
Other Teams Pursuing That
tGreenWay
NigelUno
Turtleneck
37 posters

Page 23 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

The Green Bay Packers suck - Page 23 Empty Re: The Green Bay Packers suck

Post by tGreenWay Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:11 pm

Turtleneck wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

No. But there should be a rule that you have to read the rule book.

Once again GreenWay was wrong and we were right. I’m bored with all the winning.

The only time I’ve ever been wrong is when I say I’m wrong but I’m really right.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:19 pm

Heat Miser wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Dwags’ argument is probably that Aaron Rodgers sucks shit now so that is a lot to get for him. And he’s not wrong about Rodgers being garbage.

I think the trade is fair value. Maybe even a bit better for the Packers depending on how many years Rodgers can play at a high level. But a 2nd rounder & a potential 1st rounder isn't exactly a franchise turning haul IMHO (see Cowboys/H. Walker).

They hit the jackpot on Favre & Rodgers consecutively. Are they lucky enough to hit on Love as well? I'd bet no, but...The Green Bay Packers suck - Page 23 2599972566

I can't think of a single team that hit on 3 franchise QBs in succession. Even 2 is a rarity. Favre/Rodgers & Montana/Young are the only ones that come to mind.

But what if the answer to that is 0? He can perform for 0 more years because he hasn’t actually done that in a little while. Brady skewed what everyone thinks is possible from a quarterback. He’s 39 years old and is more interested in what his shaman is up to and less interested in football.

I can’t say that I watched a ton of packer games last year, except the two he played against the lions. But, in those two, he looked like dogshit
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:44 pm

Packers suck
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos and tGreenWay like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:48 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Dwags’ argument is probably that Aaron Rodgers sucks shit now so that is a lot to get for him. And he’s not wrong about Rodgers being garbage.

I think the trade is fair value. Maybe even a bit better for the Packers depending on how many years Rodgers can play at a high level. But a 2nd rounder & a potential 1st rounder isn't exactly a franchise turning haul IMHO (see Cowboys/H. Walker).

They hit the jackpot on Favre & Rodgers consecutively. Are they lucky enough to hit on Love as well? I'd bet no, but...The Green Bay Packers suck - Page 23 2599972566

I can't think of a single team that hit on 3 franchise QBs in succession. Even 2 is a rarity. Favre/Rodgers & Montana/Young are the only ones that come to mind.

But what if the answer to that is 0? He can perform for 0 more years because he hasn’t actually done that in a little while. Brady skewed what everyone thinks is possible from a quarterback. He’s 39 years old and is more interested in what his shaman is up to and less interested in football.

I can’t say that I watched a ton of packer games last year, except the two he played against the lions. But, in those two, he looked like dogshit

Well, he did have a broken right thumb all year. And the 2 years prior he was MVP. 0 is bad for the Jets of course, but then the cost is only 2 2nd rounders for that dice roll. And they had 2 picks in the 2nd round this year. So still 1 left. Seems like a reasonable risk/reward bet to me. The Green Bay Packers suck - Page 23 2599972566

But the thread is not about the Jets. It's about the Packers. Did they get good value? Sure. Did they "fleece" the Jets like the Cowboys fleeced Mike Ditka and got 3 Super Bowl out of the deal? I don't think so.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:51 pm

Nordic wrote:Packers suck

This is the way.

They’ll end up drafting like shit so it doesn’t really matter which picks they got
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and Nordic like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:20 pm

Here’s what is going to happen: and it’s for all of you guys who forgot that Jordan Love absolutely destroyed us at Spartan Stadium and you left there thinking who the hell is that? So now the guy has had three years of professional development. The Packers are going to be extremely average next year, just like they had a losing record with rodgers and Favre’ when both of those guys started. And everybody’s going to jump up and down and rejoice at the Green Bay Packers don’t have a franchise quarterback anymore. But they really do.

The Packers defense is not that bad. They had some unlucky brakes last year with injuries, but that’s the NFL. It’s a battle of attrition as much as it is a battle with your talent.

Rogers is an unbelievable quarterback. He still can spin the ball. Still a top five quarterback in the league capable of winning the Super Bowl. But he lost the locker room in Green Bay. He knows that too. He’s anxious to start working with the Jets in the off-season something he never did with Green Bay the last two or three years.

Let’s see what the Green Bay Packers do with these picks. They will take their lumps next year on the offense. Just like they did the last two times they switched quarterbacks. But they are the Packers. I don’t expect them to be down too long.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:23 pm

Enjoy drafting Mazi Smith with that extra second round pick dwags
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:25 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Enjoy drafting Mazi Smith with that extra second round pick dwags

I hope they don’t shoot their wad on that puck. It would back fire.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:19 pm

DWags wrote:Here’s what is going to happen:  and it’s for all of you guys who forgot that Jordan Love absolutely destroyed us at Spartan Stadium and you left there thinking who the hell is that? So now the guy has had three years of professional development.  The Packers are going to be extremely average next year, just like they had a losing record with rodgers and Favre’ when both of those guys started. And everybody’s going to jump up and down and rejoice at the Green Bay Packers don’t have a franchise quarterback anymore. But they really do.

The Packers defense is not that bad. They had some unlucky brakes last year with injuries, but that’s the NFL. It’s a battle of attrition as much as it is a battle with your talent.  

Rogers is an unbelievable quarterback. He still can spin the ball. Still a top five quarterback in the league capable of winning the Super Bowl. But he lost the locker room in Green Bay. He knows that too. He’s anxious to start working with the Jets in the off-season something he never did with Green Bay the last two or three years.

Let’s see what the Green Bay Packers do with these picks.  They will take their lumps next year on the offense. Just like they did the last two times they switched quarterbacks.  But they are the Packers. I don’t expect them to be down too long.

TL;DR

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and MSU addict like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:19 pm

DWags wrote:Here’s what is going to happen: and it’s for all of you guys who forgot that Jordan Love absolutely destroyed us at Spartan Stadium and you left there thinking who the hell is that? So now the guy has had three years of professional development...
Jordan Love destroyed us at Spartan Stadium???

We won.  

Jordan Love was outplayed by Brian Fucking Lewerke.  Love had more 32 more passing yards than Lewerke (on 11 more attempts) but threw two interceptions and had no passing touchdowns.  Lewerke had the better passing percentage and a much higher QB rating for the game.  They threw the ball 44 times because they had 25 total rushing yards on 25 carries.

In case you forgot - despite starting 1-0 against Utah State we sucked that year.

Keep drinking that cheese flavored Kool-Aid DWags.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:45 pm

Nordic wrote:
DWags wrote:Here’s what is going to happen:  and it’s for all of you guys who forgot that Jordan Love absolutely destroyed us at Spartan Stadium and you left there thinking who the hell is that? So now the guy has had three years of professional development.  The Packers are going to be extremely average next year, just like they had a losing record with rodgers and Favre’ when both of those guys started. And everybody’s going to jump up and down and rejoice at the Green Bay Packers don’t have a franchise quarterback anymore. But they really do.

Let’s see what the Green Bay Packers do with these picks.  They will take their lumps next year on the offense. Just like they did the last two times they switched quarterbacks.  But they are the Packers. I don’t expect them to be down too long.

TL;DR

Instant upvote. That song brings back great memories even though the teams always suuucked.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:10 pm

MSU addict wrote:
DWags wrote:Here’s what is going to happen: and it’s for all of you guys who forgot that Jordan Love absolutely destroyed us at Spartan Stadium and you left there thinking who the hell is that? So now the guy has had three years of professional development...

We won.  

Jordan Love was outplayed by Brian Fucking Lewerke.  Love had more 32 more passing yards than Lewerke (on 11 more attempts) but threw two interceptions and had no passing touchdowns.  Lewerke had the better passing percentage and a much higher QB rating for the game.  They threw the ball 44 times because they had 25 total rushing yards on 25 carries.

In case you forgot - despite starting 1-0 against Utah State we sucked that year.

He wasn’t playing defense. In contrast our defense finished in the top ten in 6 categories that year and he took his midget team into our stadium and scored 31 points. He accounted for 328 of their 344 total yards against and if you watched it, he was playing by himself. Derek Wright I think is in the NFL from that offense. That’s it. He doesn’t suck. He won’t be great next year.

Odds are he won’t be a franchise quarterback. But I get the feeling with a season under his belt he might be ok in 2024. We’ll see. I know like Favre and Rodgers did he’s going to make mistakes next year.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:37 pm

DWags wrote:
MSU addict wrote:

We won.  

He wasn’t playing defense. In contrast our defense finished in the top ten in 6 categories that year and he took his midget team into our stadium and scored 31 points. He accounted for 328 of their 344 total yards against and if you watched it, he was playing by himself. Derek Wright I think is in the NFL from that offense. That’s it. He doesn’t suck. He won’t be great next year.

Odds are he won’t be a franchise quarterback. But I get the feeling with a season under his belt he might be ok in 2024. We’ll see. I know like Favre and Rodgers did he’s going to make mistakes next year.

At the time you said our pass coverage was trash garbage dwags

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/t19170-hello-darkness-my-ol-friend

Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:52 pm

DWags wrote:

It’s why you should never post drunk in the moment. Point stands. He was worthy of a first round pick. Kid did really good against us playing by himself.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:56 pm

DWags wrote:

It’s why you should never post drunk in the moment. Point stands. He was worthy of a first round pick. Kid did really good against us playing by himself.

That post was at 10 am dwags

I’m just fucking with you. Tbh I was hoping to find you saying something more specific than that but once I went looking for threads from 5 years ago I’ll be damned if I wasn’t going to post one of them
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:05 pm

DWags wrote:

That post was at 10 am dwags

I’m just fucking with you. Tbh I was hoping to find you saying something more specific than that but once I went looking for threads from 5 years ago I’ll be damned if I wasn’t going to post one of them

Yeah. I only read the first. But after one game, against a team that ended up pretty damn good on defense, Love made us look bad enough back there that it was concerning. Now, looking at who he was playing with, he didn’t suck. We’ll see. I don’t think he’s going to be that bad in 2024. I like he’s a pocket passer who is quick.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:21 pm

DWags wrote:Here’s what is going to happen: and it’s for all of you guys who forgot that Jordan Love absolutely destroyed us at Spartan Stadium and you left there thinking who the hell is that? So now the guy has had three years of professional development. The Packers are going to be extremely average next year, just like they had a losing record with rodgers and Favre’ when both of those guys started. And everybody’s going to jump up and down and rejoice at the Green Bay Packers don’t have a franchise quarterback anymore. But they really do.

Let’s see what the Green Bay Packers do with these picks. They will take their lumps next year on the offense. Just like they did the last two times they switched quarterbacks. But they are the Packers. I don’t expect them to be down too long.

You're old enough to remember the Packers were mediocre at best between Starr & Favre. The Cowboys since Aikman. Miami since Marino. The supposed NFL "bluebloods" are guaranteed nothing. You also know plenty of 1st round QBs with great college stats flame out in the NFL. I'll be mildly shocked if Love turns out to be a franchise QB. The odds are against. Nobody gets that lucky 3 times in a row. But I still won't care very much either way.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:03 am

DWags wrote:Here’s what is going to happen: and it’s for all of you guys who forgot that Jordan Love absolutely destroyed us at Spartan Stadium and you left there thinking who the hell is that? So now the guy has had three years of professional development. The Packers are going to be extremely average next year, just like they had a losing record with rodgers and Favre’ when both of those guys started. And everybody’s going to jump up and down and rejoice at the Green Bay Packers don’t have a franchise quarterback anymore. But they really do.

Need weapons. Hope that Jaxon Smith-Njigba drops so you can snag him at 13, and grab a TE @ 42?

Dumping Rodgers' salary is huge too. Can use that on free agents.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:48 am

NigelUno wrote:

Need weapons. Hope that Jaxon Smith-Njigba drops so you can snag him at 13, and grab a TE @ 42?

Dumping Rodgers' salary is huge too. Can use that on free agents.

Per ESPN: "The Packers now must absorb $40.3 million in dead money on their salary cap."
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:12 am

Heat Miser wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Need weapons.  Hope that Jaxon Smith-Njigba drops so you can snag him at 13, and grab a TE @ 42?

Dumping Rodgers' salary is huge too.  Can use that on free agents.  

Per ESPN: "The Packers now must absorb $40.3 million in dead money on their salary cap."

The Green Bay Packers suck - Page 23 Ha-ha-point
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:27 am

Heat Miser wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

Need weapons.  Hope that Jaxon Smith-Njigba drops so you can snag him at 13, and grab a TE @ 42?

Dumping Rodgers' salary is huge too.  Can use that on free agents.  

[tw]1650595895883210752[/tw]

And the $40.7 million cap hit Rodgers would have had in 2024 and the $59.3 million in 2025 are now off the books.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:01 am

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CrcH0EuOB_3/?igshid=ZTlkMDEyOTY%3D
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:26 am

Where would you put Jordan Love on a ranking of NFC North quarterbacks?

Fields
Goff
Cousins
Peterman
Sudfield
Love
Mullins
Etling

Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:49 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Where would you put Jordan Love on a ranking of NFC North quarterbacks?

Fields
Goff
Cousins
Peterman
Sudfield
Love
Mullins
Etling

I personally cant rank him. I also know, just like Favre and Rodgers he’s not going to be earth shaking this year. But let’s see after one season under his belt.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:26 pm

Love has already been in the league for three years.  It is rare for a first round QB to sit in today's NFL with the rookie salary cap.  The one recent example I can think of is Mahomes - who sat for one year.  In his first year as a starter (second year in the league) he led KC to the AFC Championship, losing to the New England (Super Bowl winners) in overtime.

Love is already on the last year of his rookie contract.  The Packers could take his option next year (20+ million) but teams generally hate going that route (Lamar Jackson comes to mind) and try to extend before that.  

FWIW - If Love struggles this year and the Packers have one of the top draft picks, I would expect them to draft a QB (they may package the Jets pick).

Rodgers sat for three years behind Favre, but that was before the rookie salary cap was instituted in 2011. Things have changed.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:34 pm

I just checked and the Packers still suck. And fuck michigan.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:45 pm

tGreenWay wrote:I just checked and the Packers still suck. And fuck michigan.

I double checked tGreenway's work on this and it checks out.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:12 pm

DWags wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Where would you put Jordan Love on a ranking of NFC North quarterbacks?

Fields
Goff
Cousins
Peterman
Sudfield
Love
Mullins
Etling

I personally cant rank him. I also know, just like Favre and Rodgers he’s not going to be earth shaking this year. But let’s see after one season under his belt.

I demand immediate power rankings. I have him 6th.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:19 pm

DWags wrote:

I demand immediate power rankings. I have him 6th.

Ok then
Hurts
Stafford
Cousins
Love
Fields
Murray
Preskot
Carr
Goff
Smith

I cant remember any more nfc qb’s.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:27 pm

Oh it was just nfc north but dang boo lol
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:38 pm

MSU addict wrote:Love has already been in the league for three years.  It is rare for a first round QB to sit in today's NFL with the rookie salary cap.  The one recent example I can think of is Mahomes - who sat for one year.  In his first year as a starter (second year in the league) he led KC to the AFC Championship, losing to the New England (Super Bowl winners) in overtime.

Love is already on the last year of his rookie contract.  The Packers could take his option next year (20+ million) but teams generally hate going that route (Lamar Jackson comes to mind) and try to extend before that.  

FWIW - If Love struggles this year and the Packers have one of the top draft picks, I would expect them to draft a QB (they may package the Jets pick).

Rodgers sat for three years behind Favre, but that was before the rookie salary cap was instituted in 2011. Things have changed.

The 5th year option deadline is May 1. I'm guessing they decline. They can work out an extension if he plays great.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:21 am

Christian Watson, Romeo Doubs, and now Jayden Reed. Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon are weapons. If Jordan Love is half decent, this offense will be frisky.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat Apr 29, 2023 12:50 am

TE.TE.T.G.C.G.T.TE.TE
              QB RB

Sorry don’t mind me just trying to envision our new 4 Tight End sets
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:29 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:TE.TE.T.G.C.G.T.TE.TE
              QB RB

Sorry don’t mind me just trying to envision our new 4 Tight End sets

Wake me up when the lions win a playoff game

The Green Bay Packers suck - Page 23 Img_6314

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:40 am

What if, and hear me out dwags, we got rid of the tackles and made them tight ends? We could get 6 tight ends on the field at once!
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:50 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:What if, and hear me out dwags, we got rid of the tackles and made them tight ends? We could get 6 tight ends on the field at once!

6? Hey that’s 5 more than the amount of playoff appearances than the lions have had in 30 years.

You won’t be laughing when the packers run a jet sweep with a TE for a Super Bowl winning touchdown
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat Apr 29, 2023 8:45 am

Wait, idea, Jordan love is trash anyway, why not run a few TE wildcat sets???
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:00 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Wait, idea, Jordan love is trash anyway, why not run a few TE wildcat sets???

Remember that tight end screen the lions used in their last playoff victory? Yeah neither do I.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:03 am

DWags wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Wait, idea, Jordan love is trash anyway, why not run a few TE wildcat sets???

Remember that tight end screen the lions used in their last playoff victory? Yeah neither do I.

1957? Even us old guys hardly remember that.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Sat Apr 29, 2023 9:14 am

DWags wrote:

Remember the packers niners playoff game in January? Just kidding i don’t need to ask you, it was a real all time classic
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 25 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24, 25  Next