Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can the Swill experts please tell me how good they think the team is post-ND?

+13
By-Tor
MiamiSpartan
Rocinante
Floyd Robertson
WhiteBoyHatcher
NigelUno
DWags
tGreenWay
steveschneider
Clarett's Folly
Robert J Sakimano
Dr. Strangelove
Death Roe
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Can the Swill experts please tell me how good they think the team is post-ND?  Empty Re: Can the Swill experts please tell me how good they think the team is post-ND?

Post by Death Roe Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:48 pm

7-5
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Can the Swill experts please tell me how good they think the team is post-ND?  Empty Re: Can the Swill experts please tell me how good they think the team is post-ND?

Post by Dr. Strangelove Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:56 pm

Like I said before season 7-5 and a minor bowl.

Team is young and they will continue to make stupid mistakes but the arrows are pointed up. This team will win a game they're not supposed to win (Penn St, tOSU or UM).

Lewerke is a more talented Drew Stanton. The receivers are going to be studs.

Ball control especially from LJ is key. Unfortunately for him with his track record of big fumbles teams are going to be clawing at his arms and hands every time they tackle him.

I like the D Line and the linebackers are not bad. The secondary is of course a shambles.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:02 pm

6-6, maybe 7-5 if they're lucky... I don't think either of these records would surprise anyone who has been paying attention. Certainly a lower-tiered bowl game on a weird weekday night.. but will allow for an extra month of practice which a young team will benefit from. Will have Ohio State and UM in Spartan Stadium next year as a more mature team.

Lewerke will be fine. If LJ Scott keeps insisting on dropping the football, I support the coaching staff dropping him on the sidelines and put someone in who will hold onto the ball, albeit potentially without Scott's upside. Scott's upside is negligible when he treats the ball with the same reckless disregard reserved for last week's TV Guide.

ND was a better team and likely would've still won without the turnovers.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:04 pm

Bob is really Graham Couch.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:07 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Bob is really Graham Couch.
he's much better looking.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:19 pm

7-5
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:28 pm

Clarett's Folly wrote:7-5

Please stop copying posts.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:31 pm

Death Roe wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:7-5

Please stop copying posts.

You're a smart man. Figured I'd follow your lead.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:42 pm

I have to say during the game they discussed how Brian Kelly fired his entire staff after last season. I we had done some changes. After last year our OC at the very least should have been sent packing.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:49 pm

I. Don't. Know.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:59 pm

tGreenWay wrote:I. Don't. Know.

We'll just leave those words on the board for everyone to enjoy. Giving you full credit of course.

Can the Swill experts please tell me how good they think the team is post-ND?  Idontknow
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:00 pm

Dr. Strangelove wrote:

We'll just leave those words on the board for everyone to enjoy. Giving you full credit of course.

Can the Swill experts please tell me how good they think the team is post-ND?  Idontknow
allright..!
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:02 pm

Dr. Strangelove wrote:

Keep an eye on the door for me, will you Doc? I'm expecting lunch.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:03 pm

Dr. Strangelove wrote:

Mr. Hand! You dick!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:16 pm

I think we suck.   I'm guessing we win two more.  Buckle up.   Who is gonna be our coach next year?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:20 pm

DWags wrote:I think we suck.   I'm guessing we win two more.  Buckle up.   Who is gonna be our coach next year?

Les Miles.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:29 pm

Iowa- Loss
Michigan- Loss
Minnesota- Win
Indiana- Win
Northwestern- Win
PSU- Loss
OSU- Loss
Maryland- Win
Rutgers- Win

Please don't try to sell me on the Maryland and Minnesota hype just yet.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:30 pm

This game does not eliminate us from anything. We can still run the B1G slate, win the East, win in Indy and make the playoff.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:40 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:This game does not eliminate us from anything. We can still run the B1G slate, win the East, win in Indy and make the playoff.

This, dammit.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:57 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:Iowa- Loss
Michigan- Loss
Minnesota- Win
Indiana- Win
Northwestern- Win
PSU- Loss
OSU- Loss
Maryland- Win
Rutgers- Win

Please don't try to sell me on the Maryland and Minnesota hype just yet.

I've actually had a good feeling about the Iowa game since the beginning of the year. Maryland looked good at the beginning of the season then gets crushed at home. Maybe we'll know more about both the Goofers and Turds after next week.

Michigan is a weird team because they're winning their games but they really don't look that great. I happened to see some of the Purdue game on Saturday before the wedding. Was really hoping the Boilers would take 'em down in West Lafayette.

Curious to see what happens with Northwestern, too. I still think that we're going to beat either UM, PSU or OSU. There's going to be a surprise W this season.

I would actually not be surprised if we won the UM game. They have OL issues and their QB situation is less-than-stable. I put it down as a loss to avoid being a total homer but they're young, too, and bound to do stupid shit.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:31 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:

I would actually not be surprised if we won the UM game. They have OL issues and their QB situation is less-than-stable. I put it down as a loss to avoid being a total homer but they're young, too, and bound to do stupid shit.

How did O'Korn do in the second half? I don't even know what the final score was I thought they had about 28 points.

O'Korn did enough to knock Speight down to second string, IMHO.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:38 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:

How did O'Korn do in the second half? I don't even know what the final score was I thought they had about 28 points.

I didn't watch the game but it did sound like he had a good second half. That being said I have to wonder if that is representative of the type of player O'Korn is, the type of defense Purdue has, or a combination of the two. Imagine if O'Korn gets the nod and goes out and throws a pick or just looks generally ineffective. Their QB situation plays to our favor, IMHO.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:55 pm

Clarett's Folly wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

I didn't watch the game but it did sound like he had a good second half. That being said I have to wonder if that is representative of the type of player O'Korn is, the type of defense Purdue has, or a combination of the two. Imagine if O'Korn gets the nod and goes out and throws a pick or just looks generally ineffective. Their QB situation plays to our favor, IMHO.

What I saw was a kid who had more poise, confidence and rhythm than Speight. I don't think they changed the offense after Speight went down, O'Korn just ran it better.  But, it might have been the effect of coming off the bench and figuring he had nothing to lose so he might as well have fun and play loose.  Trot the guy out there to start a game it might be different.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:06 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:

LEwerke threw a pick 6 on his first pass and didn't he lose a fumble? Not sure that plays into our favor but I'm open to hear you explain why you think so.

I'm not saying we have the better QB heading into that game (although we do) but, rather, that their instability plays to our favor in the sense that they are unsettled at QB. If O'Korn would've just unseated Speight in head-to-head competition as a better QB then that would be better for them because they were playing their best QB. Since O'Korn took over after an injury, and since there is no game for them this week, they don't know what they have.
Do they start Speight? If he looks shaky they got this kid with a hot hand on the bench.
Do they start O'Korn? What if his performance last week was just a flash-in-the-pan and they really have the better QB sitting on the sidelines?
No matter who they start if he throws a pick or looks ineffective there are going to be sideways glances shot around that sideline left and right.
I think their instability at the position plays in the opponent's favor regardless of who that opponent is.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:15 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:

He did. But more on Speight than on O'Korn's brilliance. He is what he is, a guy that lost the starting job at Houston to a guy neither of you has ever heard of.

I find it somewhat amusing that he and Rudock lost jobs elsewhere but are saviors for that great recruiter Harbo.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:16 pm

gHost Spartan wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:

LEwerke threw a pick 6 on his first pass and didn't he lose a fumble? Not sure that plays into our favor but I'm open to hear you explain why you think so.

He's a kid with very little experience. He's going to make mistakes. He has more upside than Speight or O'Korn.

Have you lost faith in Matt Ryan as a QB because he threw a pick 6?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:00 pm

Billionth time I'll say this.  Just watch the journey this year.   Watch these kids get better and better.  Wish we were playing Michigan and OSU at the end fo the season.  I give us a half ass good shot at PSU.  If you all condition yourself to thinking 6 or maybe 7 wins, You can enjoy watching the improvement from game to game.  If you have it, go back and look at the offensive and defensive lines from Bowling green to ND.  If you can't see a difference you're crazy. It's like teaching a 35 year old and a 12 year old to play the piano.  The young kids learn much quicker and their improvement line is at a much steeper angle.  JUCO's are for desperation and many times they just don't work out. Young kids who have potential are always better in my opinion, to have on a roster.

Timing and route running, all will be way better as we move on.  The blitzes seem to be working better.  That will make our DB's more effective.  Dantonio is getting a shit ton of rotation in and throwing more young kids out there in 2 deeps.  I'm not a guy that doesn't believe it's possible to win everygame on the schedule that is remaining, but logically we won't.  But just watch these kids from game to game.  

Next year, bitch up a storm if they stumble.  This year, watch them improve.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:17 pm

DWags wrote:

Billionth time I'll say this.  Just watch the journey this year.   Watch these kids get better and better.  Wish we were playing Michigan and OSU at the end fo the season.  I give us a half ass good shot at PSU.  If you all condition yourself to thinking 6 or maybe 7 wins, You can enjoy watching the improvement from game to game.  If you have it, go back and look at the offensive and defensive lines from Bowling green to ND.  If you can't see a difference you're crazy. It's like teaching a 35 year old and a 12 year old to play the piano.  The young kids learn much quicker and their improvement line is at a much steeper angle.  JUCO's are for desperation and many times they just don't work out. Young kids who have potential are always better in my opinion, to have on a roster.

Timing and route running, all will be way better as we move on.  The blitzes seem to be working better.  That will make our DB's more effective.  Dantonio is getting a shit ton of rotation in and throwing more young kids out there in 2 deeps.  I'm not a guy that doesn't believe it's possible to win everygame on the schedule that is remaining, but logically we won't.  But just watch these kids from game to game.  

Next year, bitch up a storm if they stumble.  This year, watch them improve.

This is NOT a Demand Excellence Post.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:40 pm

For the billionth time I'm a sunshine optimist this year. Go Green!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:42 pm

I just hope they're having fun out there because that's really what it's all about.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:47 pm

If we're going to have a -3 turnover margin every game, and have key penalties killing our drives and extending the opponents', then we'll probably only eek out one more win.

Sure, that's possible. I think that's unlikely, however. Probably no more likely than having everything start clicking and we get 10+ wins.

The lines seem to be coming together. Upside all over the WR corps. Upside with Lewerke. RBs, we know what we have and what we're going to get (outside of LJ's fumble troubles). LBs seem like they're working hard and playing smart. Secondary, I'm not sure about one way or the other, because we've played three games, and not a single QB is even of average B10 quality in the passing game.

Tackling, especially on the outside, seems like it's been a problem each game. Maybe I'm just remembering the negative, I don't know. Tell me if I'm full of shit, but a lot of missed tackles on the outside stick out from the first three games. Not every play, though, as we've had some big defensive plays on the outside, too. But it worries me if we come up against an offense with some big receivers that likes to do the screens and short curls to nickel and dime you up and down the field.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:22 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

He did. But more on Speight than on O'Korn's brilliance. He is what he is, a guy that lost the starting job at Houston to a guy neither of you has ever heard of.

I find it somewhat amusing that he and Rudock lost jobs elsewhere but are saviors for that great recruiter Harbo.
Re: Its always easier IMO to come in during a game against a team that has game planned against the starting QB. OKorn has a different skill set than Sp8. We'll see how okorn handles being the starter. Different mentality.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:29 pm

Rocinante wrote:I just hope they're having fun out there because that's really what it's all about.

Well put!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:32 pm

And I hope off the field they are enjoying some good consensual sex.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:10 pm

steveschneider wrote:And I hope off the field they are enjoying some good consensual sex.

Yeah rapey guys suck.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:22 pm

Pretty much agree w DWags.  It will be a fun year if your expectations are properly aligned to reality.

As far as MI goes, that defense is legit and I have a hard time seeing us win that game but college football.

O'Korn looked pretty good too.

Back to our guys.  Best part was watching the youngins fight to the end.  No quit last weekend.  That is the best sign of all.
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by By-Tor Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:54 pm

Encouraging sign for me was that our D made them punt twice after we scored to make it 14-7. Lewerkes fumble was a big play and he will learn from it.
By-Tor
By-Tor
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:09 pm

DWags wrote:
steveschneider wrote:And I hope off the field they are enjoying some good consensual sex.

Yeah rapey guys suck.

This year the C on the jersey isn't for Captain it is for
Consent
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:59 pm

I think MSU will beat Iowa and go 8-4.
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:27 am

Against ND it was SOS, with the difference being an extremely young team that is prone to mistakes.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next