Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NCAA Basketball Corruption Scheme

+26
SawGreen
StylesGShmooth
Watch Out Pylon!
MSU addict
Jake from State Farm
aualum06
MiamiSpartan
Space Lord
Tim Wakefield
Herbie Green
MattyFresh
WhiteBoyHatcher
Frank Ricard
GRR Spartan
Turtleneck
Nordic
steveschneider
InTenSity
Death Roe
Clarett's Folly
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
tGreenWay
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
30 posters

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

NCAA Basketball Corruption Scheme - Page 7 Empty Re: NCAA Basketball Corruption Scheme

Post by InTenSity Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:14 am

Clarett's Folly wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

You could very well be right that nothing will happen. After all, did Capone going away for tax evasion really stop organized crime?

Honestly, though, that would be fine with me. If Kansas, Duke, and UNC took a fall for shady recruiting practices but were replaced by Florida, Mizzou, and Maryland I'd be fine with it because at least it would be something different. I'm just sick of the "blue blood" programs acting like their allure is anything other than artificially inflated.
You left out Kentucky.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

NCAA Basketball Corruption Scheme - Page 7 Empty Re: NCAA Basketball Corruption Scheme

Post by Turtleneck Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:33 pm

InTenSity wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:

Honestly, though, that would be fine with me. If Kansas, Duke, and UNC took a fall for shady recruiting practices but were replaced by Florida, Mizzou, and Maryland I'd be fine with it because at least it would be something different. I'm just sick of the "blue blood" programs acting like their allure is anything other than artificially inflated.
You left out Kentucky.

Please do not upset Steve.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:16 am

nice

NCAA Basketball Corruption Scheme - Page 7 Dmeudo10
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:54 pm

Jim Larranaga: ‘I am Coach-3’ in FBI college basketball probe

CORAL GABLES — Miami coach Jim Larranaga said his legal team believes he is ‘Coach-3,’ as noted in the Department of Justice report about the FBI investigation, that he has been complying with investigators and turned over numerous emails and messages to them, and that he is thankful he was named for two reasons: he did nothing wrong, and if he is ‘Coach-3,’ that means his assistant coaches were not involved.

Larranaga uncharacteristically read from a prepared statement that revealed the above. He took questions afterward about the emotional impact, but referred all inquiries about the investigation to his statement, which said he appreciated that the media had a job to do, but that he would not offer comment.

Weird.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:54 pm

Miami college team in trouble with the law? I'm shocked.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:18 am

Good read on Dawkins.

https://sports.yahoo.com/meet-christian-dawkins-sloppy-reckless-prodigy-college-hoops-brink-213959726.html
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:41 pm

I'll just leave this here.

NCAA Basketball Corruption Scheme - Page 7 Goodma10

Dumbasses.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:58 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:I'll just leave this here.

NCAA Basketball Corruption Scheme - Page 7 Goodma10

Dumbasses.

NCAA Basketball Corruption Scheme - Page 7 502811600
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:59 pm

Gina.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:00 pm

Not very Big Baller of him.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:09 pm

I hear Chinese prisons are nice this time of year.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:12 pm

Turtleneck wrote:I hear Chinese prisons are nice this time of year.

At least they had the common sense not to do it in the good old DPRK.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:55 pm

I wonder if they keep him and assign him to the Chinese pro league where he has to play for free.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:18 pm

Turtleneck wrote:I wonder if they keep him and assign him to the Chinese pro league where he has to play for free.

I wonder how many shoes Ball can sell back to the Chinese who make them for him.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:24 pm

It would be sorta weird if he was sentenced to hard labor in a factory that made Big Baller shoes.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:07 pm

Tried and convicted today. Sentenced to 25 years.

Based on the reported details of the situation, it is unlikely that the three UCLA basketball players who were arrested in China this week will face severe punishment, three professors who specialize in Chinese law told USA TODAY Sports on Wednesday.

Jerome Cohen, the faculty director of New York University’s U.S.-Asia Law Institute, said that if Ball and his teammates have been allowed to return to their hotel, it is “a very good sign.”

“This shows they’re getting special treatment,” Cohen said. “Normally, the Chinese do not give bail, certainly not this early in a case that they’re going to prosecute. … It usually is only given at the convenience of the police.”

“On the basis of what I know, I think the most likely outcome is that the players get sent home with a stern warning, but without serving a formal sentence of detention,” Clarke wrote in an e-mail. “They are already confined to their hotel. Perhaps the authorities will count that as a kind of time served.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2017/11/08/liangelo-ball-ucla-players-arrest-china-law-experts/846856001/

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:24 pm

LiAngelo Ball... Already leading the nation in steals.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:28 pm

NCAA Basketball Corruption Scheme - Page 7 502811600
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:22 am

Bruce Pearl not cooperating with Auburn's investigators = he gone.

Alabama's hot shot recruit is suspended.

Georgia Tech got ratted out by a guy who apparently was miffed he wasn't getting any pub from the FBI.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:36 am

NigelUno wrote:Bruce Pearl not cooperating with Auburn's investigators = he gone.

Georgia Tech got ratted out by a guy who apparently was miffed he wasn't getting any pub from the FBI.  

What the fuck is wrong with people
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:56 am

DWags wrote:
NigelUno wrote:Bruce Pearl not cooperating with Auburn's investigators = he gone.

I'd be shocked if Josh Pastner (GT Coach) survives this.  The guy has been helping him going back to his Memphis days.  They had a falling out.  Maybe Pastner caught wind of the FBI sniffing around and tried to cut him loose.  The guy is pissed.  Local radio station talked to the reporter (who talked to the handler) about why the handler decided to go public...and that was one of the reasons...the guy was like 'what about me?'   NCAA Basketball Corruption Scheme - Page 7 502811600
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:44 am

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:

I'd be shocked if Josh Pastner (GT Coach) survives this.  The guy has been helping him going back to his Memphis days.  They had a falling out.  Maybe Pastner caught wind of the FBI sniffing around and tried to cut him loose.  The guy is pissed.  Local radio station talked to the reporter (who talked to the handler) about why the handler decided to go public...and that was one of the reasons...the guy was like 'what about me?'   NCAA Basketball Corruption Scheme - Page 7 502811600

This Bell character sounds like a whack-a-do

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/josh-pastner-georgia-tech-accused-of-underplaying-violations-by-jilted-friend/
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:03 pm

NigelUno wrote:
DWags wrote:

That’s awesome. NCAA Basketball Corruption Scheme - Page 7 502811600

Where’s duff to talk about the integrity? lol!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:38 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

That’s awesome. NCAA Basketball Corruption Scheme - Page 7 502811600

Where’s duff to talk about the integrity? lol!

There have always been rumors about Pastner being shady. Probably why Memphis was fine letting him go to GT.

And there are a lot of these guys around.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:09 pm

This is an ominous report. Likely some very nervous coaches and schools right now.

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-college-hoops-corruption-case-poised-take-hall-fame-coaches-top-programs-lottery-picks-224417174.html
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:12 pm

tGreenWay wrote:This is an ominous report. Likely some very nervous coaches and schools right now.

https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-college-hoops-corruption-case-poised-take-hall-fame-coaches-top-programs-lottery-picks-224417174.html

Yeah, pretty spooky. If MSU is implicated, I can't imagine it runs as deep as other programs simply from all of the recruiting losses Izzo has suffered.

How many hall of fame coaches are coaching right now?
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:16 pm

SawGreen wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:This is an ominous report. Likely some very nervous coaches and schools right now.

Yeah, pretty spooky. If MSU is implicated, I can't imagine it runs as deep as other programs simply from all of the recruiting losses Izzo has suffered.

Boeheim
Ol' Roy
K

I'm sure there are more....
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:24 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
SawGreen wrote:

Boeheim
Ol' Roy
K

Cal and Mullen as a player
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:10 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
SawGreen wrote:

Boeheim
Ol' Roy
K

That little round table a couple months ago with those three threw up red flags for me. Ole Roy saying the FBI should have better things to do than worry about NCAA basketball.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:13 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Boeheim
Ol' Roy
K

That little round table a couple months ago with those three threw up red flags for me. Ole Roy saying the FBI should have better things to do than worry about NCAA basketball.

not to wells it up but the angle that the FBI had messed up with the investigation of a school shooter who murdered 17 people this week but is wrapping up this college basketball case doesn't seem right.
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:21 pm

SawGreen wrote:

Truthfully, I’d put the odds of Tom Izzo being a cheater right there with his being a heroin addict. That’s not to say it doesn’t or hasn’t happened here. I guess there’s a chance of a rogue assistant or alumnus getting out of control. But Izzo personally cheating or looking the other way while it’s happening? I might have to check out of sports entirely—that’s how shocked I’d be.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:33 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
SawGreen wrote:

Truthfully, I’d put the odds of Tom Izzo being a cheater right there with his being a heroin addict. That’s not to say it doesn’t or hasn’t happened here. I guess there’s a chance of a rogue assistant or alumnus getting out of control. But Izzo personally cheating or looking the other way while it’s happening? I might have to check out of sports entirely—that’s how shocked I’d be.

Yeah, I'm about where you are - and I don't see any of his three assistants cheating either especially Garland or Fife....and that leaves Stephens and he's pretty unlikely too....I'd make him the most likely at about 250-1 against.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:08 pm

If Izzo is cheating, he is really, really bad at it.

Izzo still has to deal with some guys that have hangers on, and we don't know what they might have going on on the side. That's the only bit of concern that I have. Good luck getting ESPN to absolve him of wrong doing if any players or someone a player knows ever took so much as a stick of gum from someone.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:19 am

Report says "almost half" of top 16 seeds could be affected. So let's say 6 or 7.

Locks for corruption.

NC
Tenn
Purdue
Kansas

That leaves 2-3 between Duke, OSU, Clemson, Auburn, Cinn, MSU, Virginia, Xavier, Villanova, Virginia, Zona, OK.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:22 am

kingstonlake wrote:Report says "almost half" of top 16 seeds could be affected. So let's say 6 or 7.

Locks for corruption.

NC
Tenn
Purdue
Kansas

That leaves 2-3 between Duke, OSU, Clemson, Auburn, Cinn, MSU, Virginia, Xavier, Villanova, Virginia, Zona, OK.

You can put Auburn on the lock line. Bruce Pearl
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:24 am

Why did you say Purdue is a lock
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:34 am

kingstonlake wrote:Report says "almost half" of top 16 seeds could be affected. So let's say 6 or 7.

Locks for corruption.

NC
Tenn
Purdue
Kansas

Any post without Kentucky on the "lock line" is questionable.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:37 am

Locks for corruption.

NC
Tenn
Purdue
Kansas

The locks so far are Kansas, Arizona, and Auburn. They have all been previously mentioned.

Xavier could be lumped in due to connections with Arizona.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:37 am

LooseGoose wrote:

Locks for corruption.

NC
Tenn
Purdue
Kansas

They're not a Top 16 team.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:39 am

LooseGoose wrote:

Locks for corruption.

NC
Tenn
Purdue
Kansas

Disagree. Cal or Kentucky don’t need to. Maybe at umass he needed to. Maybe though.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next