Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NCAA Basketball Corruption Scheme

+26
SawGreen
StylesGShmooth
Watch Out Pylon!
MSU addict
Jake from State Farm
aualum06
MiamiSpartan
Space Lord
Tim Wakefield
Herbie Green
MattyFresh
WhiteBoyHatcher
Frank Ricard
GRR Spartan
Turtleneck
Nordic
steveschneider
InTenSity
Death Roe
Clarett's Folly
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
tGreenWay
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
Floyd Robertson
30 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

NCAA Basketball Corruption Scheme - Page 8 Empty Re: NCAA Basketball Corruption Scheme

Post by Guest 17/02/18, 09:41 am

NigelUno wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Any post without Kentucky on the "lock line" is questionable.

They're not a Top 16 team.

In the casual observers mind they are. And definitely would be considered a top 16 program. Now you go ahead and nit pick away, I know that's what you do but this is my only attempt to interact with you on the subject.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

NCAA Basketball Corruption Scheme - Page 8 Empty Re: NCAA Basketball Corruption Scheme

Post by aualum06 17/02/18, 09:45 am

LooseGoose wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

They're not a Top 16 team.

In the casual observers mind they are. And definitely would be considered a top 16 program. Now you go ahead and nit pick away, I know that's what you do but this is my only attempt to interact with you on the subject.

The 16 teams being referenced are the 16 seeds CBS revealed last Sunday. Come on man.
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/02/18, 09:55 am

aualum06 wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

In the casual observers mind they are.   And definitely would be considered a top 16 program.   Now you go ahead and nit pick away, I know that's what you do but this is my only attempt to interact with you on the subject.

The 16 teams being referenced are the 16 seeds CBS revealed last Sunday. Come on man.

Actually the 16 seeds were only part of it.

“When this all comes out, Hall of Fame coaches should be scared, lottery picks won’t be eligible to play and almost half of the 16 teams the NCAA showed on its initial NCAA tournament show this weekend should worry about their appearance being vacated.”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 17/02/18, 10:01 am

LooseGoose wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

Actually the 16 seeds were only part of it.

“When this all comes out, Hall of Fame coaches should be scared, lottery picks won’t be eligible to play and almost half of the 16 teams the NCAA showed on its initial NCAA tournament show this weekend should worry about their appearance being vacated.”

So yeah the 16 teams being talked about are the top 16 seeds. Thanks.
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 17/02/18, 10:26 am

Lol WTH who is Jose Hackett?

RT @josehackett: I was asked if I think MSU paid players. My response: “Probably, I remember in HS, when we played Derrick Nix and Keith Appling at Det Pershing. Game was delayed because their bus broke down. 2 years later driving around campus in Escalades w/spinners.” BIG LIES
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 17/02/18, 10:49 am

It wouldn't have been "their" bus in HS. Stupid comparison by that guy.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 17/02/18, 10:54 am

Derrick Nix
Derrick Nix
@DerrickNix25
RT @RBOkerstrom: @DerrickNix25 @josehackett Guess all those times I saw Nix walking around his Escalade was in the shop. I actually drove a magnum that my mom worked hard for me to have, and Keith mom worked double shifts for him to have that Escalade.
3:10 PM · Feb 16, 2018
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 17/02/18, 02:17 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Why did you say Purdue is a lock

Swanigan? Maybe?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 17/02/18, 03:41 pm

Cameron wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Why did you say Purdue is a lock

Swanigan? Maybe?

Yup
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 17/02/18, 03:41 pm

Forgot about Auburn. Lock.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 17/02/18, 03:44 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Report says "almost half" of top 16 seeds could be affected. So let's say 6 or 7.

Locks for corruption.

NC
Tenn
Purdue
Kansas

That leaves 2-3 between Duke, OSU, Clemson, Auburn, Cinn, MSU, Virginia, Xavier, Villanova, Virginia, Zona, OK.

Any post without Kentucky on the "lock line" is questionable.

I was using the top 16 part because MSU was top 16 and trying to evaluate or eliminate them from the corruption list by figuring out if we could find 6-7 locks.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 06/07/18, 11:32 am

Maryland basketball has been subpoenaed
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 06/07/18, 06:06 pm

Fuck Maryland. They have terrible fans. Trust me you guys would hate them.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 19/02/19, 08:47 am

April college hoops corruption trial could open window to significant revelations

“In some ways, in the first trial, we skipped to the end of the movie,” said Stephen L. Hill Jr., a partner at Dentons in Kansas City and former U.S. Attorney who prosecuted the Myron Piggie case. “Here, with the help of coaches who pled guilty and documents and evidence that allegedly proves the allegations, the jury is going to be taken through literally the entire story from the opening scene to the end.”
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 19/02/19, 09:43 am

How cool would it be if college athletics were on an even playing field?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 19/02/19, 10:14 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:How cool would it be if college athletics were on an even playing field?

So Lloyd was right about the crown of the field?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 19/02/19, 10:31 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:How cool would it be if college athletics were on an even playing field?

This is my dream.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 19/02/19, 10:43 am

Clarett's Folly wrote:

This is my dream.

I have a dream, but I doubt anything will ever change. I think it's click bait to say this could make wide sweeping changes but in reality the cheating just goes on and on and on.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 19/02/19, 11:02 am

Without $ flying around it still wouldn’t be “even”.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 05/03/19, 01:02 pm

3 get prison in college basketball recruiting scandal

Former Adidas executive James Gatto, business manager Christian Dawkins and amateur league director Merl Code were convicted of conspiracy to commit wire fraud in October for funneling illegal payments to families of recruits to Louisville, Kansas and North Carolina State.

On Tuesday, Gatto got nine months in prison. Dawkins and Code got six months each.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 05/03/19, 01:24 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:3 get prison in college basketball recruiting scandal

Former Adidas executive James Gatto, business manager Christian Dawkins and amateur league director Merl Code were convicted of conspiracy to commit wire fraud in October for funneling illegal payments to families of recruits to Louisville, Kansas and North Carolina State.

On Tuesday, Gatto got nine months in prison. Dawkins and Code got six months each.

Yet the NCAA is waiting until AFTER the tourney. (...For these 3 tourney teams to forfeit the season...)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 05/03/19, 01:50 pm

I can't believe people are getting prison over this. What a disgrace. Those players and families deserve that money.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 05/03/19, 03:46 pm

It's kinda fucked up how this is going down.  Those guys defense was they didn't break the law they broke NCAA rules.  But they're getting them by saying they committed fraud against the schools by making them break the rules without their knowledge/will.  To the best of my knowledge that's how it's going down, which is rigoddamndiculous.  Kinda like that Kansas bullshit response when the De Sousa ruling came down.  Blaming the NCAA instead owning up to the fact that they got in bed with those dudes and knew it.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 05/03/19, 04:05 pm

StylesGShmooth wrote:It's kinda fucked up how this is going down.  Those guys defense was they didn't break the law they broke NCAA rules.  But they're getting them by saying they committed fraud against the schools by making them break the rules without their knowledge/will.  To the best of my knowledge that's how it's going down, which is rigoddamndiculous.  Kinda like that Kansas bullshit response when the De Sousa ruling came down.  Blaming the NCAA instead owning up to the fact that they got in bed with those dudes and knew it.

On the bright side if they are going to lock up these guys maybe someday they'll lock up a cheater like Coach K. One can dream!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 05/03/19, 05:58 pm

steveschneider wrote:
StylesGShmooth wrote:It's kinda fucked up how this is going down.  Those guys defense was they didn't break the law they broke NCAA rules.  But they're getting them by saying they committed fraud against the schools by making them break the rules without their knowledge/will.  To the best of my knowledge that's how it's going down, which is rigoddamndiculous.  Kinda like that Kansas bullshit response when the De Sousa ruling came down.  Blaming the NCAA instead owning up to the fact that they got in bed with those dudes and knew it.

On the bright side if they are going to lock up these guys maybe someday they'll lock up a cheater like Coach K. One can dream!

Or maybe Cal and World Wide Wes. One can dream.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 05/03/19, 05:59 pm

steveschneider wrote:I can't believe people are getting prison over this. What a disgrace. Those players and families deserve that money.

Why do they deserve the money?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 05/03/19, 06:12 pm

duffy munn wrote:
steveschneider wrote:I can't believe people are getting prison over this. What a disgrace. Those players and families deserve that money.

Because this is America and the American dream means if you work hard you get paid. Give me one good reason why in the United States of America someone should be denied the right to be paid. The ncaa is an unjust system and I will call it out everyday.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 05/03/19, 06:21 pm

steveschneider wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Because this is America and the American dream means if you work hard you get paid. Give me one good reason why in the United States of America someone should be denied the right to be paid. The ncaa is an unjust system and I will call it out everyday.

Well they are getting a pretty big benefit. Unless you think 100k +plus for college, free travel, unlimited swag, the best meals etc are nothing. And why the hell to the parents deserve to be paid?

Other college kids work pretty hard on academics and get zero. In fact, those parents put out huge coin to get their kids an education. Ask Dwags.

I agree that the NCAA sucks put making these athletes and the corrupt people around them ( cough Wes) into martyrs is ridiculous.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 05/03/19, 06:30 pm

duffy munn wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Well they are getting a pretty big benefit. Unless you think 100k +plus for college, free travel, unlimited swag, the best meals etc are nothing. And why the hell to the parents deserve to be paid?

Other college kids work pretty hard on academics and get zero. In fact, those parents put out huge coin to get their kids an education. Ask Dwags.

I agree that the NCAA sucks put making these athletes and the corrupt people around them ( cough Wes) into martyrs is ridiculous.

I’m pro free market and for the ncaas to deny these kids the right to make money is shameful. It comes down to greed and if we are honest race plays a huge part of it.

Also, to throw people in prison over this is disgraceful. It’s just friggin basketball.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 05/03/19, 06:47 pm

steveschneider wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

I’m pro free market and for the ncaas to deny these kids the right to make money is shameful. It comes down to greed and if we are honest race plays a huge part of it.

Also, to throw people in prison over this is disgraceful. It’s just friggin basketball.

Yes Steve it's just basketball and sadly it leads to corruption. Can we please stop with the "woe are the corrupt people" nonsense. The handlers are not looking out for these kids or their families. They are looking to line their own pockets. ( See Wes, World Wide or Martin, Ed) They got busted by the FBI and now should pay the price.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 05/03/19, 06:58 pm

duffy munn wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Weren't slaves provided meals, housing, and free travel?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 05/03/19, 07:00 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

Weren't slaves provided meals, housing, and free travel?

Oh please.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 05/03/19, 07:23 pm

duffy munn wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Yes Steve it's just basketball and sadly it leads to corruption. Can we please stop with the "woe are the corrupt people" nonsense. The handlers are not looking out for these kids or their families. They are looking to line their own pockets. ( See Wes, World Wide or Martin, Ed) They got busted by the FBI and now should pay the price.

Yeah right cheating at college basketball is something that should be punishable with time in prison.

The real crime is denying those kids the right to take that money. Also, last time I checked schools take millions from shoe companies. How hypocritical!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 05/03/19, 08:06 pm

Solid points all around. Cheating is cheating, no matter how stupid the rules are. Throwing coaches in jail is silly. Shit needs to be fixed. I.don't know how to fix it.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 05/03/19, 08:13 pm

Did WorldWide Wes get busted for something.  Keep seeing his name come up and as far as I know he hasn't been mentioned in the corruption trials at all.  Not saying he's clean.  I just haven't heard him mentioned in this.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 05/03/19, 08:14 pm

They weren't thrown in jail for cheating dudes. They committed wire fraud. A crime is a crime.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 05/03/19, 08:28 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:They weren't thrown in jail for cheating dudes. They committed wire fraud. A crime is a crime.

Yes. We know.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 05/03/19, 08:30 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:They weren't thrown in jail for cheating dudes. They committed wire fraud. A crime is a crime.

The cheating is the wire fraud.  They're saying they defrauded the Universities by making the kids ineligible without the school's knowledge.  Which is a bunch of bullshit.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 05/03/19, 08:36 pm

StylesGShmooth wrote:

The cheating is the wire fraud.  They're saying they defrauded the Universities by making the kids ineligible without the school's knowledge.  Which is a bunch of bullshit.

Yeah agreed because the universities were complicit. But basically all you have to prove is that they knew that arranging for the players taking money they were making them ineligible and they did it anyway. So it's a crime. I think.. Right?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 05/03/19, 08:39 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
StylesGShmooth wrote:

Yeah agreed because the universities were complicit. But basically all you have to prove is that they knew that arranging for the players taking money they were making them ineligible and they did it anyway. So it's a crime. I think.. Right?

If the school (coaches) know about it then they're not defrauding them, they're just both complicitly breaking NCAA rules.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next