Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

+33
Heat Miser
Travis of the Cosmos
Clarett's Folly
SpartanJD01
Rocinante
Senior Dickfist
Tim Wakefield
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
SeeRockCity
Wally Fairway
Herbie Green
CampbellHall
TheReal_LWS
Death Roe
Other Teams Pursuing That
CORNER BLITZ
Watch Out Pylon!
Jake from State Farm
SawGreen
InTenSity
Turtleneck
Dr. Strangelove
MiamiSpartan
steveschneider
WhiteBoyHatcher
y2kMgrad
MattyFresh
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
Nordic
DWags
Floyd Robertson
37 posters

Page 5 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 25  Next

Go down

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 5 Empty Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by Guest 2017-10-10, 18:47

Floyd Robertson wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Finebaum puts Jeem on blast. Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 5 502811600
http://detne.ws/2wM2xmu

Finebaum has given Harbaugh no quarter since the hiring. I hope he never stops.

However, Finebaum might want to review the scores of the five MSU games on Dantonio Field at the Big House.

I think Finebaum is right that Harbaugh will bolt for the NFL - when he does the meltdown in AA will be so much fun to watch. We can count on WBH for the Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 5 276803595 Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 5 276803595 and enjoy the hell out of it. Who do they have left to be the next savior?

Keep in mind the Colts job with a QB from Stanford will likely be open this offseason.

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 5 Harbaugh-jim-01-a
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 5 Empty Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by DWags 2017-10-10, 19:13

Delicious
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-10-10, 19:24

An enemy of an enemy is not always a friend. Finebaum is a huge asshole.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-10-10, 23:27

LooseGoose wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

However, Finebaum might want to review the scores of the five MSU games on Dantonio Field at the Big House.

I think Finebaum is right that Harbaugh will bolt for the NFL - when he does the meltdown in AA will be so much fun to watch. We can count on WBH for the Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 5 276803595 Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 5 276803595 and enjoy the hell out of it. Who do they have left to be the next savior?

Keep in mind the Colts job with a QB from Stanford will likely be open this offseason.

Maybe John Harbaugh will be available. Very long shot candidate: DJ Durkin. He's an up and comer. Ohio born and schooled. Served under Urbz, Harbro, and Muschamp. Known as a tireless and excellent recruiter and defensive wiz. Maybe he's too young and inexperienced for um, and I know he's not setting the world on fire at Maryland, but he's only 39 and I'm fascinated to see how his career unfolds. The guy has a hell of a pedigree and has contacts through his coaching stops in Ohio, Florida, and California. One thing I don't know about him is if he's a slime ball like PJ Rowyourboat.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by CampbellHall 2017-10-11, 22:07

This is eye opening. UM only leads the series since 1950 (when MSU joined the Big10) by 53%.

https://twitter.com/SpartanWire/status/918291390559342592/photo/1
CampbellHall
CampbellHall
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-10-12, 13:22

LooseGoose wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

I don't know if the meltdown will be all that great. First of all, you have a fanbase that will make excuses for anything and everything that doesn't go right for them. It's never bad, never their fault, just bad luck or someone out to get them. We've already done a great job laying the ground work for them pretending not to care when the love of their sad lives leaves. "Pssh, the NFL can have him. He can't even beat Sparty. Remember that old picture of him wearing that Sparty hat? He was never a true Michigan Man."
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-10-12, 13:26

^ And then Mike Hart will be welcomed back into the fold and everyone will say, "Gosh, Mike was right about Jim."
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-10-12, 13:40

CampbellHall wrote:This is eye opening. UM only leads the series since 1950 (when MSU joined the Big10) by 53%.

That is cool but a UM fan would hand pick a time period starting about 1970.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-10-12, 13:45

Herbie Green wrote:
CampbellHall wrote:This is eye opening. UM only leads the series since 1950 (when MSU joined the Big10) by 53%.

No, a UM fan would look at that and think that it means they've won 53 times in that span.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-12, 13:46

Herbie Green wrote:

So something close to the last 33 years?

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 5 DL5tD5RW4AAmZvj
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-10-12, 13:47

tGreenWay wrote:^ And then Mike Hart will be welcomed back into the fold and everyone will say, "Gosh, Mike was right about Jim."
Maybe they'll even make Hart the next "Bob and Ira or Whatever The Fuck Name Head Football Coach of the University of Michigan"
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2017-10-16, 10:34

Nothing better than listening to UM fans in the next office talking about how they should be 6-0, albeit with some troubles on offense. But that their first real test will be this weekend.
And their love of all things Jimmah (I'm kinda surprised they don't wear khaki's on Friday)

Typical of that fanbase, who think they've been born on third base but they cannot score even though the next batter hits a double.
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-10-16, 10:38

Wally Fairway wrote:Nothing better than listening to UM fans in the next office talking about how they should be 6-0, albeit with some troubles on offense. But that their first real test will be this weekend.
And their love of all things Jimmah (I'm kinda surprised they don't wear khaki's on Friday)

Typical of that fanbase, who think they've been born on third base but they cannot score even though the next batter hits a double.

What are they saying about MSU passing them in the AP poll. I bet they're seething over that one.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-10-16, 11:25

LooseGoose wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

So something close to the last 33 years?

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 5 DL5tD5RW4AAmZvj

2017 - 33 = 1984 

UM won 13 out of 14 games between 1970 and 1983

2017-1970 = 47 years and UM Is 32-16 or 67%

Stassen.com

.....It is funny how often I hear UM fans say "they beat MSU every year" as if the majority of the fan base is permanently stuck in the 70s and 80s, the only time period since 1950 where this was close to true.  
Nonetheless it is intellectually dishonest to skip that time period if you want to maintain credibility peddling these stats around
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2017-10-16, 11:36

Herbie Green wrote:
Nonetheless it is intellectually dishonest to skip that time period if you want to maintain credibility peddling these stats around

Roughly as intellectually dishonest as starting in 1970 right after MSU's period of dominance?

You don't need to educate me on the record in those years, I was a fan going to games, then a student going to games so I'm pretty familiar with us getting our asses handed to us.

The single biggest change in this rivalry was MSU joining the B1GTen, so rather than cherry pick based on coaching changes and streaks I think 1950 is about right. 36-30-2, go peddle that.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-10-16, 11:41

LooseGoose wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

Roughly as intellectually dishonest as starting in 1970 right after MSU's period of dominance?

You don't need to educate me on the record in those years, I was a fan going to games, then a student going to games so I'm pretty familiar with us getting our asses handed to us.

The single biggest change in this rivalry was MSU joining the B1GTen, so rather than cherry pick based on coaching changes and streaks I think 1950 is about right. 36-30-2, go peddle that.

Agreed. The only way to slice the data without cherry picking. Otherwise, let's just say history started in 2008.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2017-10-16, 12:04

LooseGoose wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

I'm jealous, dude. My mom started taking me to games in the late 80s and early 90s in an attempt to counteract my dad's Walverine (Wayne-verine, if we're being honest) brainwashing.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2017-10-16, 13:35

LooseGoose wrote:
Herbie Green wrote:

The single biggest change in this rivalry was MSU joining the B1GTen, so rather than cherry pick based on coaching changes and streaks I think 1950 is about right.   36-30-2, go peddle that.

Right, MSU fans would catch that right away and such a post would similarly lack credibility as the homer stats like 33 years you are peddling

I agree 1950 seems fair
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-16, 17:08

Why does that shit matter? We're better than uofm now and we have a better program than they do presently.

So here's your trophy for being better during the 70's. Put it right next to the one you have for the largest penis in Michigan and the head of big foot you have on your wall.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-10-16, 17:13

How bad is scUM going to get beat down vs PSU? I think it's going to be an embarrassing loss for them.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-10-17, 08:45

gHost Spartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:How bad is scUM going to get beat down vs PSU? I think it's going to be an embarrassing loss for them.

Aren't they like 14 point underdogs?

I’m seeing -11.5 for PSU. I watched some of Michigan vs Indiana that team stinks. I haven’t watched any PSU yet but looking at their defense rankings Michigan should have a hard time moving the ball on them. If PSU is a legit top 5 team they should tear them up on Saturday.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-17, 09:08

Michigan has a team that is built to beat PSU.  If they can somehow get Higdon going, and play lights out defense which they have, they can shorten the game and do very well.

I thought a teaser with 11.5 points for Michigan and MSU giving 7 was a great play this week.  I don't gamble anymore, but if I was betting and getting 18 and Michigan and saying MSU wins straight up, it's worth some money.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-10-17, 09:17

steveschneider wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:

Aren't they like 14 point underdogs?

I’m seeing -11.5 for PSU. I watched some of Michigan vs Indiana that team stinks. I haven’t watched any PSU yet but looking at their defense rankings Michigan should have a hard time moving the ball on them. If PSU is a legit top 5 team they should tear them up on Saturday.

Barkley vs. that run defense should be fun to watch.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2017-10-17, 09:28

DWags wrote:Michigan has a team that is built to beat PSU.  If they can somehow get Higdon going, and play lights out defense which they have, they can shorten the game and do very well.

I thought a teaser with 11.5 points for Michigan and MSU giving 7 was a great play this week.  I don't gamble anymore, but if I was betting and getting 18 and Michigan and saying MSU wins straight up, it's worth some money.

Michigan's offense is horrid. They obviously need at least 4 more coaches.

First half will be a close, low scoring affair but the UofM defense will start to wear down trying to stop Barkley all day and the 2nd half won't be pretty. Penn State 28, M 9
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-10-17, 10:08

SeeRockCity wrote:
DWags wrote:Michigan has a team that is built to beat PSU.  If they can somehow get Higdon going, and play lights out defense which they have, they can shorten the game and do very well.

Michigan's offense is horrid. They obviously need at least 4 more coaches.

First half will be a close, low scoring affair but the UofM defense will start to wear down trying to stop Barkley all day and the 2nd half won't be pretty. Penn State 28, M 9

Agree. I've watched a little bit of UofM and I really haven't seen their offense go up against a good throwing offense. Is the pass there? In the second half we were playing conservative as fuck and not throwing the ball. I think that UofM d might look different against an offense that can feature a balanced attack.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2017-10-17, 10:22

Beating Penn State might surpass Harbaugh's biggest win so far...beating us last year.

Might.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-10-17, 10:46

In the absence of weather I don't see Michigan's D being able to hold up against a truly two handed offense. They have yet to face one this year. PSU has a smart QB with poise who can move in the pocket and throw the deep ball and they have athletes who can catch it. They might stop Barkley but they're not going to stop the passing attack and when they adjust, that's when Saquon will hit them.

I don't know much about PSU defensively but if they're halfway decent Michigan probably won't score 14. 41-13 Penn St.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-10-17, 10:58

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:In the absence of weather I don't see Michigan's D being able to hold up against a truly two handed offense. They have yet to face one this year. PSU has a smart QB with poise who can move in the pocket and throw the deep ball and they have athletes who can catch it. They might stop Barkley but they're not going to stop the passing attack and when they adjust, that's when Saquon will hit them.

I don't know much about PSU defensively but if they're halfway decent Michigan probably won't score 14. 41-13 Penn St.

I agree. I think I read PSU ranks up there in D. I think #9 in the country?

I saw UofM vs Purdue in the second half and Purdue looked like they were out of gas. UofM stopped them no problem.

I saw UofM vs MSU and in the terrible weather and in the second half we played a run game. Completely conservative and one sided offense.

I saw parts of UofM vs IU and IU just seemed like a bunch of idiots. IU qb was making very inaccurate throws and the play calling was stupid. Especially in OT in the red zone.

If UofM knows the run is coming yes they look like a solid defense. I guess this game this weekend will be a big test for their d to see if they can stack up well against both an effective pass/run but I doubt it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-18, 07:31

Jim Harbaugh on 97.1 said while watching film he couldn't see many of the penalties called on the wolverines last Saturday. Just an FYI
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2017-10-18, 07:36

DWags wrote:Jim Harbaugh on 97.1 said while watching film he couldn't see many of the penalties called on the wolverines last Saturday.  Just an FYI

I think he was too busy picking his nose to see them.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway 2017-10-18, 08:54

Today is #TroubleWithTheSnap Day

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 5 7HorWeB
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2017-10-18, 08:58

Wally Fairway wrote:Today is #TroubleWithTheSnap Day

That girl's name is Victoria and she's a Greek Studies major. That's all I remember from the DetNews article about these two.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-10-18, 08:59

Yesterday was Trouble with the Snap day.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-10-18, 09:01

When that punter tries to spin and kick that punt Australian rules style it kills me everytime.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2017-10-18, 09:04

steveschneider wrote:When that punter tries to spin and kick that punt Australian rules style it kills me everytime.

SportsScience had a good piece on the whole play and noted that by bending over and attempting to pick up the ball, rather than fall on it, the punter used something like 85% of his allotted time to get the kick off. I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT: Well it was ridiculously easy to find.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=13930300

Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-10-18, 10:13

steveschneider wrote:

I saw parts of UofM vs IU and IU just seemed like a bunch of idiots.

Trying to manball by running up the gut on 3rd and 1 was the definition of stupidity.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2017-10-18, 10:30

Nordic wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I saw parts of UofM vs IU and IU just seemed like a bunch of idiots.

Trying to manball by running up the gut on 3rd and 1 was the definition of stupidity.

Sure was. They did that like 2 times in a row against them in OT. There OL was not getting any lanes or push on the Michigan DL it was two wasted downs.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-10-18, 11:37

steveschneider wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Sure was. They did that like 2 times in a row against them in OT. There OL was not getting any lanes or push on the Michigan DL it was two wasted downs.

Yep, late in the 3rd qtr too when they had good field position.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MattyFresh 2017-10-18, 12:23

gHost Spartan wrote:
Wally Fairway wrote:Today is #TroubleWithTheSnap Day

Someone needs to create a Gif of the MSU girl with the scUM guy at the game two weeks ago (her cheering, him leering), and the kid at the end of the broadcast who's sitting on the stadium steps in a wet tee shirt violently shivering Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 5 1966794946

your wish is my command, well actually I had made it right after it happened but still.

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 5 Giphy
MattyFresh
MattyFresh
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-10-18, 12:25

MattyFresh wrote:
gHost Spartan wrote:
Someone needs to create a Gif of the MSU girl with the scUM guy at the game two weeks ago (her cheering, him leering), and the kid at the end of the broadcast who's sitting on the stadium steps in a wet tee shirt violently shivering Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 5 1966794946

your wish is my command, well actually I had made it right after it happened but still.

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 5 Giphy

Any old timers remember Gomer Pyle?   Guy has the profile of Jim Neighbors
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 25  Next