Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trader Joe's - thoughts?

+10
MSU addict
WhiteBoyHatcher
GRR Spartan
Robert J Sakimano
InTenSity
SeeRockCity
Senior Dickfist
DWags
Floyd Robertson
Death Roe
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Trader Joe's - thoughts? - Page 2 Empty Re: Trader Joe's - thoughts?

Post by Guest 17/10/17, 02:45 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Senior Dickfist wrote:

That's one hell of a Meijer, Bob!  My brother lives near there.  He said he sees Izzo there every now and then.
yeah I like it - I'm there probably more than I care to admit. I feel like I actually know some of the employees. Trader Joe's - thoughts? - Page 2 502811600

I think I've seen Izzo there before - though he's probably closer to the newer one toward Haslett/Bath that just opened up. He can probably sneak up the back way via Park Lake Road.

I remember consulting once with Drew Stanton in the vegetable section. He was clearly cooking for a chick. He had a rotisserie chicken, flowers and a bottle of wine - he was asking me if he should go with zuchinni or squash.

I told him zucchini because GO GREEN!

(though I didn't say that - that would've been weird. But I did suggest the zucchini).

Bob? I want to share your Meijer experiences. Would you be willing a wear an inconspicuous GoPro for me and upload the footage here?

Sort of like this fella'
Trader Joe's - thoughts? - Page 2 785aa506637149fc840293c5072f17c3--gopro-hd-gopro-camera
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 17/10/17, 02:52 pm

Bob, you are correct about what Meijer I was thinking of - Hasslett. I used to shop at your Meijer back when I was in school. It's still one hell of a Meijer (I guess...).
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 17/10/17, 02:58 pm

Only been to Trader Joe's once. Didn't hate it, but didn't love it.

I like Aldi. It's good to have some different brands of some things to choose from, as the regular grocery stores all seem to have pretty much the same stuff. Last year, Aldi had the best cider I've ever bought in Florida (obviously, still with some preservatives and not as good as the fresh stuff, but still pretty decent). I don't do full grocery shopping there, but it's good to go to now and then to supplement the regular groceries.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 17/10/17, 02:59 pm

Senior Dickfist wrote:Bob, you are correct about what Meijer I was thinking of - Hasslett. I used to shop at your Meijer back when I was in school. It's still one hell of a Meijer (I guess...).
yeah - the one out toward Bath/Haslett is new so it's got that sort of fresh vibe thing going - but it also has a lot of old rural folk hanging around. I prefer the Lake Lansing Meijer with the younger MSU, East Lansing vibe.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 17/10/17, 03:00 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:
yeah I like it - I'm there probably more than I care to admit. I feel like I actually know some of the employees. Trader Joe's - thoughts? - Page 2 502811600

I think I've seen Izzo there before - though he's probably closer to the newer one toward Haslett/Bath that just opened up. He can probably sneak up the back way via Park Lake Road.

I remember consulting once with Drew Stanton in the vegetable section. He was clearly cooking for a chick. He had a rotisserie chicken, flowers and a bottle of wine - he was asking me if he should go with zuchinni or squash.

(though I didn't say that - that would've been weird. But I did suggest the zucchini).

Bob? I want to share your Meijer experiences. Would you be willing a wear an inconspicuous GoPro for me and upload the footage here?

Sort of like this fella'
Trader Joe's - thoughts? - Page 2 785aa506637149fc840293c5072f17c3--gopro-hd-gopro-camera
man, I'm nowhere near cool enough to do that.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 17/10/17, 04:22 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I remember consulting once with Drew Stanton in the vegetable section. He was clearly cooking for a chick. He had a rotisserie chicken, flowers and a bottle of wine - he was asking me if he should go with zuchinni or squash.

Zucchini is a squash.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 17/10/17, 04:24 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Sort of like this fella'
man, I'm nowhere near cool enough to do that.

I would like to witness a Bob shopping experience. I bet you buy a lot of pistachios.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 17/10/17, 04:29 pm

Fills his cart up with PBR, Wild Turkey, pistachios and blueberries probably
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 17/10/17, 05:21 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Senior Dickfist wrote:Bob, you are correct about what Meijer I was thinking of - Hasslett. I used to shop at your Meijer back when I was in school. It's still one hell of a Meijer (I guess...).
yeah - the one out toward Bath/Haslett is new so it's got that sort of fresh vibe thing going - but it also has a lot of old rural folk hanging around. I prefer the Lake Lansing Meijer with the younger MSU, East Lansing vibe.

They're great Americans, Bob. I'm sure they'd love to sit down and have a beer with you.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 17/10/17, 05:34 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: man, I'm nowhere near cool enough to do that.

I would like to witness a Bob shopping experience. I bet you buy a lot of pistachios.
actually love pistachios.. and I purchase them regularly
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 17/10/17, 05:36 pm

Senior Dickfist wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:yeah - the one out toward Bath/Haslett is new so it's got that sort of fresh vibe thing going - but it also has a lot of old rural folk hanging around. I prefer the Lake Lansing Meijer with the younger MSU, East Lansing vibe.

They're great Americans, Bob. I'm sure they'd love to sit down and have a beer with you.
I bet it would be something they'd never forget.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2