Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An uneasy Florida braces for white supremacist speech and protests

+5
Other Teams Pursuing That
InTenSity
xsanguine
GRR Spartan
NigelUno
9 posters

Go down

An uneasy Florida braces for white supremacist speech and protests Empty An uneasy Florida braces for white supremacist speech and protests

Post by NigelUno Thu 19 Oct 2017 - 10:20

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/19/us/university-florida-richard-spencer-speech/index.html

On Monday, Florida Gov. Rick Scott declared a state of emergency for Alachua County, where the university is located, to enable law enforcement agencies to work together more efficiently. He also made a provision for the National Guard to be activated if necessary.

"I find that the threat of a potential emergency is imminent," Scott said in the executive order declaring the state of emergency.

The event puts the university in the middle of an ongoing debate about what constitutes protected speech and the extent of its limits. University of Florida President W. Kent Fuchs denounced Spencer's white supremacist platform as abhorrent in a letter to students but said the school could not stop him from renting the Phillips Center for the event.

Fuchs told CNN there will be more police on campus Thursday than at any time in the university's history.

Pretty sure MSU turned down Spencer.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

An uneasy Florida braces for white supremacist speech and protests Empty Re: An uneasy Florida braces for white supremacist speech and protests

Post by GRR Spartan Thu 19 Oct 2017 - 11:06

Let him speak to an empty room
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

An uneasy Florida braces for white supremacist speech and protests Empty Re: An uneasy Florida braces for white supremacist speech and protests

Post by xsanguine Thu 19 Oct 2017 - 21:45

GRR Spartan wrote:Let him speak to an empty room

Exactly. Not showing up is more effective than showing up just to lose your shit.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu 19 Oct 2017 - 22:05

xsanguine wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:Let him speak to an empty room

Exactly. Not showing up is more effective than showing up just to lose your shit.
Or show up and drown him out. Which is what happened. Haha, preaching hate isn't tolerated and I don't give a fuck about liberals tolerating everyone.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine Thu 19 Oct 2017 - 22:16

InTenSity wrote:
xsanguine wrote:

Or show up and drown him out. Which is what happened. Haha, preaching hate isn't tolerated and I don't give a fuck about liberals tolerating everyone.

Seems like a lot of work. I'm just not into feeling like someone like that requires my time. Why waste half a day?
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu 19 Oct 2017 - 22:25

xsanguine wrote:
InTenSity wrote:

Seems like a lot of work. I'm just not into feeling like someone like that requires my time. Why waste half a day?
Why let them advance their agenda?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 19 Oct 2017 - 22:27

Hi x!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 20 Oct 2017 - 5:44

Love the protestors exercising their free speech.

And what I love more is when the right wing snowflakes whine about people exercising their free speech.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sat 21 Oct 2017 - 6:06

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Love the protestors exercising their free speech.

And what I love more is when the right wing snowflakes whine about people exercising their free speech.

Hey Bob, hope you are enjoying your weekend at the house. I’m sure you are probably zonked out from all the candle light vigils the past month.

Check these guys out - https://twitter.com/slate/status/921407140698513408
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sun 3 Sep 2023 - 12:15

[tw]1698085020173283400?t=60sii9mZuW0k3nKTsPo4-g&s=19[/tw]
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun 3 Sep 2023 - 13:12

Jesus
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down